[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can the anime industry in it's present state be fixed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7
File: 1451918481744.jpg (158 KB, 900x730) Image search: [Google]
1451918481744.jpg
158 KB, 900x730
How can the anime industry in it's present state be fixed? The otaku who shit out hundreds for Blu Rays only buy moeshit while good or original stuff doesn't even have a hope of a second season, and it just leads to an endless cycle.
>>
>>136226924
Buy blu-ray if you are so mad about otaku liking moeshit.

You don't want or you can't? Then shut the fuck up and learn to like every genre of anime.

Saged.
>>
>anime industry needs saving

I love this meme.
>>
>>136227005
Angry moefag detected
>>
The Hourai Elixir was a mistake.
>>
>>136226924

How many winter anime even count as "moe anime"? We have lots of LN and manga adaptions with a sprinkling of originals.

And since when are anime originals bad? What are you even wanting to see? For a moe hating hipster, this season should be a great one.
>>
>>136227087
He's right though
>>
>>136227006
Make anime great again!
>>
>>136226924
Fuck off already. And everyone stop engaging him, you're as bad as he is for encouraging these shitposting threads to fill up the board.
>>
lurk more
>>
File: 1140.jpg (87 KB, 736x718) Image search: [Google]
1140.jpg
87 KB, 736x718
>People can't criticize the industry without using the word moe shit.
How embarrassing.
>>
>>136226924
>How can the anime industry in it's present state be fixed?
Start financially supporting it.
>The otaku who|
Financially support the industry and therefore have the loudest legitimate voice.

Don't like it? Stop being an entitled manchild and give people reason to listen to you.
>>
>>136227681
>moe shit
>" "
>word
Can you read, Lelouch?
>>
File: 797935.jpg (47 KB, 170x170) Image search: [Google]
797935.jpg
47 KB, 170x170
Speak with your goddamned wallet.
>>
If I win the powerball I'll make sure I give Best Korea enough money to nuke japan, don't worry.
>>
>>136226924
Buy the bds or do something to become a financially interesting group that companies would want to pander to.
>>
I wonder how these anons would fare if they opened a business

>Let's see, on one side I have customers who buy my products, on the other I have people who talk a lot about the product but never buy shit. Of course I will make the products for the later! Fuck the people who buy my shit.

In hindsight it kinda explains why they never have the money to finance the shows they want.
>>
DUDE, MOESHIT LMAO
>>
>>136226924
says the guy that does pirates anime
>>
help studios like trigger save anime by crowdfunding their epic new deconstruction ideas
>>
>>136228059
>HowManglobedied.webm
>>
>>136226924
Back then:
>investing in anime is risky as nobody knows what's gonna happen
>few people do this and make amazing anime not necessarily to any financial success

These days
>investing in anime is well-understood and many fags jump the wagon with their shitty rehashes
>few people still make risky investments and make amazing anime

All that's changed is the amount of good anime relative to shit anime.
It's not like they make you watch shit anime so you end up only watching good stuff.
Which means nothing really changed for you.
>>
>>136226924
Anime was forever like this and forever will be
Japan is the culture of cute and you cant change it no matter how hard you try to push your retarded western edgyshit
It only helps that anime is catered towards japanese and japanese only
>>
>>136226924
Maybe they should sell the blu rays for prices that people who aren't hardcore otaku would be willing to pay
>>
the only way to save anime........is to make more tube lolis.
>>
>>136227364
>>136227005
>forcing people to change their tastes
As much as I like fapping to the rule34 of that stuff I'd really like to watch some cool shit like Patlabor, LotGH, Cowboy Bebop, One Punch Man, et cetera.
Doesn't help when fags like you discourage anything that isn't moe.
>>
>>136232132
He never discouraged anything. He told you to buy what you like to support it.
YOU are discouraging the making of more by not paying for it.
>>
>>136226924
>make more original work
>have the BD come with something worthwhile like a fig or a glow in the dark pen
There anime is saved.
>>
Anime was born dead.
>>
>>136232188
Not OP dude. Pretty sick of there being nothing but moe these days.
>>
File: 1450736750948.jpg (358 KB, 750x1150) Image search: [Google]
1450736750948.jpg
358 KB, 750x1150
>>136232132
This post is incredibly ironic. You type are the one that always blame "moeshit" for your market being small, it's not our job to support your interest, that's your job. We're simply telling you that it's more productive to contribute to what you like then crying like a bitch about popular things and blaming them for the fact that most people don't care
>>
>>136232484
How many 'moe' do you see this season
Lurk more and watch anime or get out
>>
>>136226924
people who like non-moeshit anime are all pirates.
>>
>>136226924
given what's happening to the japanese economy, I think moeshit is on its way out. They won't be able to rely on japanese consumers who'll pay any absurd price to own merchandise for their favorite moeshit any more and will need more series with worldwide appeal
>>
>>136226924
>moeshit
>>>/out/
>>
Quick question:

If it was IMPOSSIBLE for you to pirate anime, and could not watch it without paying for it would you:

A. Not watch anime
B. Subscribe to Crunchyroll
C. Buy BDs from Japan at high costs before shipping, with or without subs
D. Just watch stuff that pops up in localized releases
>>
>>136231783
Im so sorry for bumping the thread
>>
>>136233360
>If it was IMPOSSIBLE for you to pirate
anime
Thats already never going to happen
Assuming it does happen in a hypothetical world i would save all i could before the rule is implemented and rewatch everything over and over till i die
>>
>>136226924
Competition and evolution

The industry will act accordingly when china and south korea enter the market in full force. ETA 4-7 years "realistically speak"

Just look for the signs and you can see the animation world is changing.
Hint: Look at Studio Pierrot's next works

Screencap this if you want.
>>
>>136233675
Ok, let's rephrase this.

A hypothetical situation where you could only acquire anime using the means operated and permitted by companies as they exist today, and you had no pirated copies from which to review and rewatch.

In a situation where you would have to buy anime or subscribe to channels or platforms to see any anime at all, what would do with the knowledge you currently possess, assuming that your options were limited to those involving transactions in the legal market?

Yeah, its probably not going to happen. Its a thought exercise. Think outside the current realities.
>>
>>136233360
>>136233856

I could spend my entire income on BDs and still not afford all the anime I watch, so I guess I'd have to go to CR.
>>
>>136226924
This is a stupid post and you're a stupid person.
>>
>>136233360
A. I'd just play anime video games instead.
>>
>>136233883
Poor people don't deserve hobbies.
>>
>>136233856
It's like saying imagine a world where there wasn't water in the oceans. As long as file sharing technology exists, media is a nonexcludable public good.
>>
>>136233821
>Hint: Look at Studio Pierrot's next works
A Jump shounen fighting manga? Is this supposed to be new ground for them?
>>
>>136226924
Sorry OP, but what you call "moeshit" IS the good original stuff. If you hate it then I suppose anime isn't a hobby for you anymore.
>>
>>136233941
>>136233893
>>136233883

Okay, cool. So, what do you think your influence on the market is if you either don't purchase the products, or use a service which provides a flat payment for a variety of shows regardless of individual quality?
>>
>>136234040
I'm not answering a bunch of hypothetical questions so you can act smug, just get to the point.
>>
>>136234040
Nonexistent? It's a stupid question anyways as no individual consumer has any real effect on the market. Wehter you pay for a single unit or not will not change the industry. Maybe if you can convince a few thousand people to purchase something you personally had an effect. But it is a fallacy to think you or anyone individuallt effects the market being such a small percentage. Unless you get utility from the lie of "supporting" series or the goods themselves you are just deluding yourself.
>>
>>136234070
His point is you either buy the BDs or you accept the shit that the animu industry shovels down your throat.
>>
>>136234040
I do buy the products though, just about everything except the bd/dvds. They're absurdly overpriced.
>>
>>136234070
If people in the West don't buy the BDs, the collective Western enjoyement of the show is irrelevant to the producers.

Those who buy the BDs, which happen to be almost entirely Japanese, are some the best metrics a studio has, perhaps along with TV ratings in Japan.

Unless Westerners collectively buy shit, we are not a part of the market. We are a persona non grata to the industry who take what they can get.

>>136234130
>Maybe if you can convince a few thousand people to purchase something you personally had an effect.
Exactly my point, though when I buy doujinshi, which is usually a smaller field, I would argue that buying one of a few thousand copies does make a difference.

>>136234235
>They're absurdly overpriced.
That's because they are considered a (retarded) form of patronage to that series. You just aren't buying the video (Japs can often use Niconico for that), you are supporting an idea with your wallet.
>>
>>136234355
The difference you make will be hundredths of a percent, unless the margin for producing season 2 of something is literally your 60$ BD purchase, your individual purchases have no effect on what is being made.

And arguing about it here is unlikely to effect the overall preferences of consumers in the US market to buy BDs or not. Even the individual Japanese consumers have no market power, it is based off the whims and trends of collective people and is pointless to really fret about.
>>
File: 1442709880875.png (898 KB, 1500x1430) Image search: [Google]
1442709880875.png
898 KB, 1500x1430
>why is a different culture more interested in a genre they practically invented more than a genre my culture is more familiar with?
>>
>>136234355
How much of an impact do doujinshi sales have in general? I mean, there's not much of a barrier to entry because you don't need a hundred people and a million dollars to turn a doujin out, so it's not like anyone's going to veto your work and tell you you can't draw it because there's not a big market for it.
>>
Are we done here?
>>
>>136226924
Gain investors from a western market, if they manage to make a decent show without any sexualization you can get western investors interested and they may want to localize it and air it on tv, I know NBC Universal already distributes anime, with time they may air it on their American channels
>>
>>136235367
They've already done that. It's called Avatar.
>>
>>136226924
If you really want anime without moe shit inside it then you should just support anime without moe shit. There really is no problem, if Otakus can afford 500+ bd, then you can too. The problem is that you are entitled and expect things given to you.
>>
>>136235367
>if they manage to make a decent show without any sexualization

/a/ would hate it for that reason alone.
>>
It cant.
Its stuck in its current state till it dies in a few decades
>>
The problem is shit writing and adaptations, not moeshit
>>
>>136233360
A
>>
Cry more, bitch. I'll just continue to appreciate masterpieces like Yuru Yuri and GochiUsa.
I feel sorry for you plebs with shit taste, I really do.
>>
Can we train the buyfags to quit buying so much PVC and buy BDs instead since studios apparently get a way higher profit margin on those? I wonder if we could actually have some effect on the industry but we're normally too stupid to. We did get LWA2 and Kick-Heart made, after all.
>>
>The otaku who shit out hundreds for Blu Rays only buy moeshit
otaku are pretty irrelevant nowadays in comparison to idol fags and fujoshis
>>
>>136238522
>hurr I need people to support my hobbies
Stop being a little bitch and support it yourself.

Also, $60 for two anime episodes is inherently stupid, no matter how how hard you try to deny it. I'll stick to my plastic toys.
>>
>>136238304
>adaptations
>problem
Nigger, adaptations are great.
>>
>>136238600
What do you think an otaku is?
>>
File: 765657.jpg (681 KB, 1276x1920) Image search: [Google]
765657.jpg
681 KB, 1276x1920
Problem is Japanese society moe shit is just a product of overworked culture,why do you think we see so many highschool slice of life moe,it's a reminder of better times in the Japanese lives which the moe anime fulfill and on top of that is the attraction it gets from autistic viewers with it's load colors and character facial expressions...

It's poison the water hole I see it but there's still those gold nuggets you find every year and those are the ones get noticed not moe,Moe is to anime as COD is to the video game industry,it sells but we all know not to except much because the people buying the shit wont change with it willingly.
>>
File: 1450267700028.jpg (33 KB, 412x464) Image search: [Google]
1450267700028.jpg
33 KB, 412x464
>>136226924
otaku genocide when?
>>
>>136238815
I hope this post was sarcastic
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.