[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that Lightning became a fashion model and is doing real
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
Now that Lightning became a fashion model and is doing real interviews (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/people/final-fantasy-character-lightning-on-starring-in-louis-vuitton-c/
), which anime character do you think would be most suited for a career in fashion?

As a designer or a model?

picture very related
>>
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 994x469) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 994x469
God fucking dammit Toriyama.

Anyway, Joseph for suits and outdoor travel. Men's fashion in general.
>>
File: 6953821-anime-girl-with-bird.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
6953821-anime-girl-with-bird.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
>>
>>136083925
Couldn't they have gotten a good FF girl?
>>
>>136083925
>outfit looks good in anime
>looks garbage in real life
every time
>>
>>136084770
No such thing.
>>
File: BAKI09-079.jpg (244 KB, 754x1200) Image search: [Google]
BAKI09-079.jpg
244 KB, 754x1200
Yujiro
>>
>>136083925
>Now that Lightning became a fashion model and is doing real interviews
Why is that kind of crap allowed?
>>
>>136084862
It would look better if they didn't use shit materials.
>>
>>136084128
DIO IN SUITS
MAKE IT HAPPEN
>>
>>136083925
Why would anyone cosplay as something so boring? At least choose a better outfit of hers.
>>
File: tumblr_me01pvypgl1qbfz19o4_1280.png (307 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_me01pvypgl1qbfz19o4_1280.png
307 KB, 640x480
This has been a thing for some time in Japan though. I attended a lecture in Tokyo this summer by the editor-in-chief of Smart Magazine, a major Japanese men's fashion magazine, on modern Japanese culture, subculture and fashion. One of the most interesting things he talked about was how his magazine has, in just the past 2-3 years, begun using anime characters as fashion models. It started as an experiment in 2013 with (of course) Evangelion characters, mainly Shinji and Kaworu, as the main featured models for an entire issue. Sales absolutely exploded. They've done it several times since then, always to great success. A later issue that year had Madoka and Homura doing most of the modeling - again, this is a men's magazine, so they were modeling men's clothing.
Their sales and market analysts did some analyzing, and to everyone's surprise the jumps in sales weren't caused by smelly otaku, but by everyday normal Japanese youth and young adults. That was one of the most fascinating recurring themes of all those lectures I attended, that in just the past few years anime has begun to stop being seen as a niche otaku-only thing and, for the more popular stuff like Madoka at least, begun to be more readily accepted and common in everyday pop culture.

Best pic I could find in a quick internet search for the initial Eva issue.
>>
>>136084862
Everything looks good in anime and garbage in real life, I thought we've been over this.

Shit thread.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.