[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder that Neon Genesis Evangelion is just a worse version
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1438824826596.jpg (55 KB, 455x455) Image search: [Google]
1438824826596.jpg
55 KB, 455x455
Reminder that Neon Genesis Evangelion is just a worse version of Mobile Suit Gundam and Space Runaway Ideon. Everything Eva is acclaimed for was done better by the master Tomino 15 years earlier. Eva only got as popular as it did because it pandered to pervert pedophiles (most of the anime community, especially /a/).
>>
Agreed. I'm not a pervert though, OP, don't make assumptions.
>>
EVA is mediocre. Gundam is trash.
>>
tomino asslickers should go back to adtrw
>>
>tominofags are this delusional
I don't even like Evangelion, but you're a complete idiot for thinking Tomino is a talented writer.
>>
I watched Eva and Mobile Suit Gundam and don't understand the comparison. What's similar about them? I haven't seen Ideon.
>>
>>136071046
I don't know what tomino means. Spill fredoon me pls.
>>
/m/ shitposting thread?
>>
>>136071792
/m/ shitposting thread.
>>
>>136071636
Evangelion took inspirations from Ideon, I think Anno even mentioned Gundam being his favorite anime. That's not to say that Anno is a much more talented director than Tomino, Even Anno's live-action work is better than most of Tomino's work.

In Anno's work the visual direction matters, it's masterfull and it carries the narrative just as much as the characters and dialogue. While with Tomino his visual direction is rather plain and just follows the narrative not putting in much value by itself.

It's great that before Evangelion Tomino was one of the few directiors to create original anime, but that's because market-wise they were basically toy-commercials. Anno was able to create a work that cut off from that and was responsible for the massive stream of original anime series from the mid-90s.
>>
If you want to brag about Tomino at least watch all of his shows.
>>
The only Gundam that was good was G gundam, all the rest were just boring space politics
>>
>>136074248
No. I quit the first Gundam in like... I don't know, 5 minutes? Boring as hell, ugly, poor direction, terrible pacing.
>>
Eva and Gundam can't be further than each other.

It's just compared because of surface level fucks who can't name anything other than the biggest franchises.
>>
>>136071046
The only things they have in common are having mecha and being "dark". Tomino is also a pervert pedophile himself who wants to lick the vaginas of his underage characters.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.