[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anime which are truly awful. Hard Mode: Not popular anime you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 13
File: quality.jpg (20 KB, 638x388) Image search: [Google]
quality.jpg
20 KB, 638x388
Anime which are truly awful. Hard Mode: Not popular anime you personally hate like Pokemon and Dragonball.

Pic related: anime adaption of Art of Fighting.
>>
You won't find worse. At least Mars of destruction was entertaining.
>>
File: Hyakka_Ryoran_vol.1_cover.jpg (53 KB, 319x448) Image search: [Google]
Hyakka_Ryoran_vol.1_cover.jpg
53 KB, 319x448
>>
File: 343297993_orig.jpg (143 KB, 625x330) Image search: [Google]
343297993_orig.jpg
143 KB, 625x330
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mli5B9hkFwc
There are many shows that I would like to unwatch, but this is the only one that the reason is because it was actually just very bad. Complete waste of time.
>>
File: Nofuckstogive.png (272 KB, 425x425) Image search: [Google]
Nofuckstogive.png
272 KB, 425x425
Elfen Lied holy shit, fuck that show and fuck people who like it
>>
>>136046410
>Hard Mode: Not popular anime you personally hate
Was that too hard for you, nigga?
>>
Absolute Duo
>>
Rail wars and Rokka no Yuusha.

Both abominations by studio passione. I was expecting the latter to be just as amazingly terrible as the former, but it ended up only being plain bad.
>>
>>136046615
I don't think anyone on /a/ likes Elfen Lied
>>
>>136047118
I don't think anyone anywhere likes Elfin Lied.
>>
>>136047221
"But muh gore and edge"
>>
>>136046615
It's only popular among edgy teenagers searching on google for "most violent anime", "darkest anime".

Elfen Lied is pretty much universally considered atrocious from a critical standpoint.
>>
>>136046032
the fanservice was ok
>>
>>136047118
I do.
>>
>>136047380
>Elfen Lied is pretty much universally considered atrocious from a critical standpoint.
>Source: My ass
>>
Mazinkaiser SKL was kind of shit to me.
>>
>>136047491
That's like asking for a source that Cowboy Bebop is generally well received. It's just common sense. What, do you want me to aggregate every review of the series ever written?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (122 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
122 KB, 1680x1050
>>136045871
Complete SJW shit but it was my first professionally seen anime.
Project ICE
>>
>>136047584
So this is why nobody was talking about it and ignored its existence until a few months ago. Such a shame.
>>
>>136047584
>>136047746
It's great for what it is. If you were expecting anything other than a pure action OVA with giant robots, manliness, and zero plot, you were watching the wrong thing.
>>
File: IS2.jpg (196 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
IS2.jpg
196 KB, 640x960
S1 was okay. S2 was an abomination.
>>
You rarely get good video game adaptations though. Even with how mediocre it was, it was an entertaining watch. Buddy cops with a decent OST is a lot more enjoyable than other genres.

>>136047736
>Yuki Ice-T
>that entire plot
>that ending

I'm not sure this is adequately viewed while sober. They had to be tripping balls when they made this.
>>
>>136047221
I read the manga because I thought the whole story would be at least a bit better than the shitty & incomplete anime adaptation. I want those hours of my life back.
>>
>>136047836
It's fucking Mazinkaiser! Not expecting to see giant robots and manliness is like watching Pokemon anime and you expect character development.
>>
>>136047836
You're right.
>>
>>136047954
>You rarely get good video game adaptations though
I could make a huge list with great and decent anime adaptions of video games. Here are some:
Street Fighter II - The Animated Movie, Persona 4, Tales of the Abyss, Sonic OVA, Bomberman Jetters, Pokemon, Youkai Watch, Inazuma Eleven, Kirby, Gungrave, Medabots, Senran Kagura, Tekken - Blood Vengeance, Bayonetta...
>>
>>136048182
Forget about the "huge" part. Also I forgot to mention Darkstalkers (the OVA, not the terrible western animated series) and Animal Crossing.
>>
>>
>>136047736
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_%28anime%29
True. SJW - The Anime.
>>
>>136048261
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY9BrSdbi_8
I watched the trailer. Reminds me '90s fighting games with female casting only.
>>
File: HOW COULD YOU BE SO HEARTLESS.jpg (335 KB, 708x1000) Image search: [Google]
HOW COULD YOU BE SO HEARTLESS.jpg
335 KB, 708x1000
>>136048182
>Persona 4
>Tekken - Blood Vengeance (solely because I meant anime rather than full 3D)
>Bayonetta

That's still a sparse list. The majority of video game adaptations as anime are weak and don't capture the story. You're trying to squeeze a massive plot into an OVA or 12/24 episodes and rarely is it done well.

Though I will admit a number of those shows you listed had fantastic adaptations. The longer running shows (Pokémon, Kirby, Medabots, etc.) had a lot of freedom in where to go with their plots, even with their video game counterparts.

>>136048261
>>136048419
Good watch.
>>
>>136048550
Pokemon - The Origin was more faithful to the game than the anime tv series but they tried to fit the whole story into a 4 episode OVA with leaving most gym leaders and elite four members. They should at least make it a tv series of 12 episodes. Still worth.
>>
File: 1821848481251.jpg (130 KB, 417x555) Image search: [Google]
1821848481251.jpg
130 KB, 417x555
>>136047895
This. IS was on a different level of shit even from other battle harems.

Also Mirai Nikki was pretty inarguably a gigantic trainwreck
>>
>>136048889
Mirai Nikki was promising but the story development after a while and the finale ruined the fun. So much fuss for nothing. Maybe the manga is better, dunno.
>>
>>136048763
I enjoyed The Origin a lot but yeah, they skipped a large portion of the game to make it fit. Misty, Lt. Surge, Erika, Koga, Sabrina, Blaine and the entire E4 ALL being reduced to minor scenes was a bit much. It might have helped if they weren't pushing so fervently for Mega evolution so as to have half of the final OVA demonstrate it in the battle against Mewtwo. Not that it wasn't cool but seeing as they were going to have it used in the main anime series, shoehorning it into Origin because of the real life games made the OVA suffer.

It being more faithful to the games was nice too. It was interesting to watch the differences with the main anime, especially during the battles (specifically the first between Red and Green). Maybe another series that is more true to the games in the future will happen, though the main anime is progressing nicely at the moment.
>>
>>136049061
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon special episodes were also nice. It deserves its own spin-off anime tv series.
>>
>>136048889
IS was as egregious as it was because it flaunted the fact that it could turn around and start doing better at any point but never would. Thankfully, it has a genuinely good manga now.

On topic, I guess SEED Destiny. I know, I know; it's a cop out, but it's the only show I've ever actually finished that I found truly bad, chiefly because of the combination of length, tedium and utter nonsense.
>>
What's "truly awful", does it have to be in all departments? Anyway, storywise, one I personally enjoy, mirai nikki. I have no idea what they're thinking, especially for the first half (although I eat up the twists towards the end).
>>
>>136051492
>What's "truly awful", does it have to be in all departments?
Or most departments at least. For example Art of Fighting is bad in ALL departments, even the voice acting. It was low budget as hell.
>>
File: reconquista.jpg (318 KB, 1920x1428) Image search: [Google]
reconquista.jpg
318 KB, 1920x1428
Tomino, I don't request that you do another masterpiece, but for the love of everything that is holy, don't retire after THIS.
>>
>>136045871
The Denpa Kyoshi anime, damn shame because the manga was good.

Also, Shitcom, & Utsu Musume Sayuri
>>
>>136052199
G-Reco was fun though.
>>
Togainu no Chi
>>
>>136046746
Rokka had an unholy combination of QUALITY after episode 1 and they stretched one LN to a full cour so literally shit all happened for the entire show.
>>
>>136053914
The staff literally hated the show and it was so bad the DVDs were cancelled. Every frame looked like this.
>>
>>136047584
Mazinkaiser SKL was fucking great
>>
We Without Wings is the worst show I've ever seen
>>
>>136048889
But it was an entertaining trainwreck.
>>
Binbougami Ga
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.