[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /a/ think of Children of the Sea? Just read the whole
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Children_of_the_Sea_v1c01p000a.jpg (495 KB, 904x1300) Image search: [Google]
Children_of_the_Sea_v1c01p000a.jpg
495 KB, 904x1300
What does /a/ think of Children of the Sea? Just read the whole thing and the manga is beautiful though tragic at times.

But seriously, the art is magnificent.
>>
It's pretty good. One of my favourites by Igarashi. There are times when Igarashi is really hit and miss with his shorter works, but I've never really been disappointed by his longer ones. You should go check out his other works if you haven't already. Little Forest is pretty good.
>>
>>136038359
And art wise, there's not really much more I can say. It would be great to give him a real budget and some real talent to produce an anime. But it's not like that would ever happen. His stories would give Miyazaki a real run for their money, because honestly I like them a lot better.
>>
>>136038359
Is that your favorite by him?
>>
>>136038424
Little Forest? It's a bit different to his other series in that it's much less fantastical. Even so, it's a good read and just one of the ones I read most recently. I don't think he's had a work I didn't really enjoy, unlike some other authors. I'm not really one for picking favourites.
>>
Well I really liked the first volume.
>>
>>136038901
You haven't read more or didn't like the rest?
>>
File: kabocha.png (1 MB, 1463x927) Image search: [Google]
kabocha.png
1 MB, 1463x927
i find that igarashi has a lot more snap to him when he keeps his works short. his longer narratives can sometimes feel a bit lost in certain places to me, but i would suspect this is just the nature of my take on serials compared to pithy shorts. when he has a longer work that isn't focused on a complex narrative but is propped up by episodic themes (such as little forest) it seems to work a lot better for me than his just straight long narratives (children of the sea, saru.) Reading designs, this is slightly the case for me right now as well. It feels like chapters focus a little bit too much on one thing or another atm and it makes me a little worried for how much he will eventually develop for the story (fighting hybrids or neat and all, but that's not all i want to see.) This is not to say that I think the ideas he comes up with for longer narratives are bad, but that they're just relatively a bit more stale to me than when he expresses the ideas in shorts. I would still prefer his long narratives over a huge percentage of other author's works. So for those reasons my favorites are from soratobi tamashii and majo.
>>
File: 001.jpg (618 KB, 1150x1725) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
618 KB, 1150x1725
>>136037175
Plan to check this out right now, anyone got some suggestions for music to listen to in the background?
>>
Thanks for this thread, OP. I was waiting for someone to upload it online.
>>
>>136040001
You can download it on bakabt.
>>
>>136040078
Yeah, I know. I checked thanks to this thread.
>>
Read and enjoyed Witches, actually bought the first volume of this and enjoyed it, but never read the rest. I really need to rectify that.
>>
>>136037175
IN THE MISTY MORNING
>>
>>136038926
I can't get the rest.
>>
>>136041512
Bakabt
>>
>>136041599
I cannot download. If it's not online, I can't read it.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.