[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the highest resolution available for Evangelion, the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: f49nejabqhy4oxv4xqcj.jpg (62 KB, 800x412) Image search: [Google]
f49nejabqhy4oxv4xqcj.jpg
62 KB, 800x412
What is the highest resolution available for Evangelion, the series? End of Evangelion and the rebuilds are in 1080, but has the show been remastered to 1080 as well?
>>
>>135981100
Yes it was.
>>
>>135981350
Not OP.
For real? Where can I find this in a physical release?
And of course, Asuka is best girl.
>>
>>135981521
The BD collectors edition was released last year.
You can import it for roughly $400-500.
>>
>>135981100
>but has the show been remastered to 1080 as well?

You don't "remaster to 1080" idiot, you upscale it to 1080.
And upscaling is shit because it's not actually 1080.
>>
>>135981831
Sometimes I get sad, but then I remember that there are people this stupid in the world and it makes me feel a bit better about myself.
>>
>>135981945
Not him but I'm curious to know, if it's not an upscale then how is it presented in 1080p?
>>
>>135982199
Not him, but sometimes I get sad, but then I remember that there are at least two people this stupid in the world and it makes me feel a bit better about myself.
>>
>>135982199
Evangelion is on a film master like a lot of older things. What determines the quality is the quality of the film (how small the grain is).

It's analong, so you could theoretically take it to 4K and 8K etc. and still gain quality, but you would just be getting imperceptibly more detailed grain. Actually, this isn't quite true for the opening of Evangelion, which was shot on 70mm, and for Akira, the entirety of which was shot on 70mm because of fucking course it was.

Regardless, you are taking an analog format to digital, so to get better quality you just do a better transfer. The other anon's argument would make sense if it was a digital master, but it isn't. This is also why anime from early 2000s will be forever shit while late 80s early 90s anime will be transferred to glorious hi-definition.
>>
>>135982392
Thank you so much for taking the time to explain this to me. I appreciate it.
>>135982309
You should take after your peers more
>>
File: shrug (2).png (125 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
shrug (2).png
125 KB, 256x256
>>135982588
If you've actually watched anything that was shot on film and remastered for BD then it's pretty obviously not upscaled.
Not my fault that you're blind and too underage to know how film worked
>>
>>135982740
I wasnt saying it was upscaled. I knew there was some other way but I never knew what in detail until now. And I'll probably remember that forever now. Maybe if you weren't pressuming the worst of everyone here you would be a little happier.
>>
>>135981100
http:// www.nyaa.se /?page=view&tid=731361

best quality available on the web
>>
>>135982825
Assuming the worst of everyone is the only thing that gives me any happiness.
>>
>>135982825
Why didnt you just google film remastering? You would have got the answer instantly rather than waiting around for some random anon to reply.
>>
>>135982921
>http:// www.nyaa.se /?page=view&tid=731361
>episode 03-06 are slightly degrained

FUCKING DROPPED.

The isos are the best quality on the web you nerd.
>>
>>135982985
yeah but that shit is 420gb
>>
>>135983335
>420
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.