[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else think that this series, while funny, is mean spirited?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 225x318) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 225x318
Anyone else think that this series, while funny, is mean spirited? Especially when compared to similar stuff like Minami Ke.

This isn't a bad thing per se, just wondering if the author had some problems in high school
>>
>>135968472
That show hit home for me.
I dated a 100% pure autismo fujoshit who was like lit girl.
Just as autistic.
>>
>>135968472
>mean spirited
Those fucking girls sure are, bunch of sluts
>>
File: art_zeldaCartoon-01.jpg (32 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
art_zeldaCartoon-01.jpg
32 KB, 640x360
>>135968626
>i dated a girl
>>
>>135968472
I think partly that we are used to so many comedy and SoL series being at least in part iyashikei that anything outside that range stands out more.
>>
>>135968472
>mean spirited

Not really, it seems genuine. They're jackasses but they're not awful people, and girls are just a perplexing entity. It's what normal teenage boys are like. "but we're all little girls" aside, I'm sure you could at least sympathize.
>>
File: 1450864651575.jpg (111 KB, 558x240) Image search: [Google]
1450864651575.jpg
111 KB, 558x240
>>135968472
>Daily Lives of High School Goys
>>
>>135968472
I'm going out on a limb here and assuming the author has not had many positive experiences with women. It's pretty apparent then the underlying theme of the whole series is basically bros before hoes.
>>
>>135968472
Minami Ke actually had likeable characetrs. Everyone in Nijibros is either insufferable or an asshole.
>>
It was real
>>
>>135970444
It was 3DPD in 2D format
>>
>>135968472
It's excellent in portraying teenagers (e.g. they just fuck with each other all the time), and girls aren't so different in that respect.
>>
>>135970845
>It's excellent in portraying teenagers (e.g. they just fuck with each other all the time), and girls aren't so different in that respect.
Except girls are 10x meaner and catfights are a lot more serious, guys mess with each other, call each other faggot, then become friends again
>>
It makes sense because Tadakuni dreamt most of it :^)
>>
>>135968472
You've never had guy friends as a teenager? You fuck with each other almost all the time.
>>
this fucking sucked. DUDE I'M WEARING MY SISTER'S BRA XD. and the self aware 'boys anime' jokes were ass, too. it pokes fun at the girls slice of life anime but it's not good itself.
>>
>>135970905
So just like real life then.
>>
>>135971050
That wasn't the joke.
>>
>>135970905
>become friends again
That would imply they stopped
>>
You legimately have to have autism to think that this anime was mean spirited.
It's just guys fucking around.

Or maybe it's just that amerifats today get offended way too easy. I don't wanna know how it is to be an american highschool boy today, I imagine it being basically "no fun allowed" incarnate
>>
>>135968472
>mean spirited
Only because you're overly sensitive. Get thicker skin.
>>
>>135971086
10/10 reply
>>
>>135971187
It's okay if you couldn't work out what the actual joke was, anon.
>>
>>135971223
dude i'm just a regular high school boy, relax. xD
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (187 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
187 KB, 1920x1080
Anyone else think that this series, while funny, is mean spirited?

This isn't a bad thing per se, just wondering if the author had some problems in high school
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.