[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's pretty hard to find someone who hates him as a character.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8
File: Kamina_sunglasses.jpg (289 KB, 1010x573) Image search: [Google]
Kamina_sunglasses.jpg
289 KB, 1010x573
It's pretty hard to find someone who hates him as a character.
Why is Kamina so beloved?
>>
He mans the fuck up, steals a giant robot, fights monster men and fucks yoko while being the best bro Simon had. Shit's cool.
>>
File: georgie.jpg (67 KB, 585x400) Image search: [Google]
georgie.jpg
67 KB, 585x400
>>135805383
>fucks yoko

Yoko never gets any.
She probably got shagged in Littner Village before shit went down.
>>
>>135805285
Good character, why do you want to hate him?
>>
>>135805735
Not saying I hate him at all.
I'm just amazed that such a good character was made, to the extent where everyone was moved by his death.

I guess it's the fact that he's ridiculous and childish at times, but still has a heart of gold and always goes through with shit.
>>
>>135805285
I don't hate him but I dislike him because he's the reason people view TTGL as mindless fun which it isn't. He's crucial for everyone elses development and has a cool design but aside from that I don't really like him.

>>135805865
>heart of gold

Like in episode 5?
>>
>>135805865
>everyone was moved by his death.
You touched an important part of Kamina's popularity. See, his death hit the fans hard and many miss him but it could be argued he's so beloved because his character departed at the right moment. Kamina is a character that can overstay its welcome really fast specially with more serious and elaborated plot coming. His departure at the peak of his awesomeness left a lasting mark for the rest of the show and made him an icon. Things that possibly wouldn't have happened if he stayed and people started questioning him longer.

Kamina is a cool character but he's pretty basic writing wise and his luster would be more compromised the more he appears on screen. He had to die and that's what made him memorable.
>>
>>135806145
You have a good point there.
Although when he does appear again in later episodes, he acts more like a wise messiah if anything.
>>
>>135805383
>fucks yoko
Kamina died a virgin, it's canon.
>>
Could Kamina beat Saitama?
>>
>>135806509
Ahahaha, no.

Simon on the other hand...
>>
File: gl-simon-and-nia-5.png (396 KB, 521x423) Image search: [Google]
gl-simon-and-nia-5.png
396 KB, 521x423
Did they fuck during the time skip?
>>
>>135806465
Yoko probably did too.
>>
>>135806575
Nah but surely they did it in Lagann after she was rescued.
>>
>>135805920
>view TTGL as mindless fun
That's exactly what it is though, or at least how it comes off for the 95% of the audience too young to catch all the older SR Anime references.

Kamina was written to die from episode 1, he's a by-the-book mentor figure who doesn't bring anything particularly new to the table and dies at the exact moment when it's most plot-convenient. His death was a AnJ parody for fuck's sake, how is that supposed to make you feed sad.
>>
>>135806575
I think it was confirmed that they fucked. Forgot if it was during the Timeskip or on their "Vacation" before the wedding tought.
>>
>>135806796
You are one of those people that complain about Simon because he's "a little bitch"?

It takes stuff from old shows and adds it's own things to it, that doesn't mean it's not serious. It's more super robot than anything but there's plenty of drama which isn't overblowen. It's definitly not mindless fun.

How exactly does the fact that his death had a AnJ reference mean it's not sad? Just because other series use the same one as a kind of joke? TTGL treated the scene pretty seriously.
>>
>>135807337
This. Being a cliche or used before doesn't mean they can't have their own take on it. Kamina's value for the team and Simon was well stablished which helped giving weight to his death. His absence was felt in the subsequent episodes. He was a simple character but was handled very well.
>>
>>135805285
But I hate him
>>
>>135807525
Why? Not a criticism I just find amusing someone actually goes through the effort of actually hating him when was barely there.
>>
>>135807592
He's the type of person who bends others to his own will, no matter how stupid and laughable it is. He was also pretty annoying always putting up a show and screaming retarded lines.
Oh, and also NTR.
>>
Man, it's sad /a/ is filled with people who don't like hotblooded men who just want to kick ass and save the day.
Really speaks volumes about the status of anime fans here.
>>
He was literally the only person with driving force in the show for the first 10 episodes. Without Kamina, nothing would have ever changed.
>>
>>135805285
I didn't hate him but I didn't really like him that much since it was so obvious he'd die.
>>
>>135808912
What's with that sarcastic undertone?
>>
>>135808467

that was not ntr and if you believe so you're socially retarded, hating kamina is fine but that's just not a reason
>>
>>135808467
>NTR
I can see your reasoning for everything else but this was self-inflicted by Simon. Yoko never gave him any hints of romantic interest. She was just a kind onee-san.
>>
I REMEMBER, JOE!
>>
>>135809247
there is no sarcastic undertone, it's blatant disappointment.
>>
I don't hate him but I think a lot of people like him for the wrong reasons. So many eat up his bullshit ideas about manliness and miss the point of his character. Simon was twice the man.
>>
He was one of the reasons why I hated TTGL. He has tons of fucking plot armor until he conveniently gets killed off and essentially just runs at things without thinking. It was extremely annoying.
He wasn't "manly", he was outright retarded, and the entire cast and show was so far up his ass that I just couldn't take it seriously at all.
>>
>>135809618
And twice the fag at the same time.

I recognize him as a badass but something about was just not the same as having Kamina on the lead. When Simon tried to be over the top he sound somehow forced and corny. Kamina gave all those speeches with a more natural and convincing flair.
>>
>>135809618

this pretty much to be honest familiar, at the last moment he basically tells simon "look man, it was all bullshit" and that's why simon goes depressed, everything he believed in was bs, there's no kicking logic to the curb and all that crap, Kamina was just some guy who wanted his bro to have some confidence. He's still cool since its because of him that Simon becomes the fucking man.
>>
>>135809769
Holy shit, that's exactly how I feel. Simon was tryhard as fuck when he was the main hero, always getting into these longwinded serious speeches about spiral power and piercing the heavens and having epiphanies about human nature. At least Kamina knew everything he said was nonsense. Things were fun when he was around.
>>
>>135809729
>the entire cast and show was so far up his ass
I wouldn't say that. Everyone treated Kamina like he was a moron until episode 7, no one took him or his rants about manliness seriously.
>>
>>135809447
Oh sorry.

I agree, the fact that Phantom World gained so much attraction just because the hivemind needs some fuel is pretty disappointing.

>>135809618
I agree, Kamina is basicly just a supporting character, in the same way that Nia is. The fact that people dislike Nia for replacing Kamina also show how they didn't understand him. She's the same thing but 100 times more honest and cute.

>>135809729
>plot armour

The anime literally tells you that Simon is the reason he didn't die early on.
Ok it's still plot armour but this is a super robot show and spiral energy!

>>135809962
In the end Simon realized that it was nonsense. That's why he doesn't bring back anyone who died.

>>135810059
This.
Everyone is sad over it but only Simon and Yoko are really traumatized.
>>
>>135810237
>spiral energy
That was the main reason why I hated TTGL. Made all the antagonists feel extremely weak and there was no tension.
That and the plot was very weak and uninteresting.
>>
>>135810237
>She's the same thing but 100 times more honest and cute.
And that's why she was hated. By the time she appeared there was a dozen of similar characters around for a couple years while Kamina's presence was fun and refreshing because at the time his character archetype was unused in years. Being pretty and having a sad backstory didn't compensated the loss of a fun, brave and wacky supportive bro like him.

Nia is nice but she's no Kamina despite playing the same role.
>>
He died before becoming annoying.
>>
>>135810571
But we didn't even know about spiral energy in the first half. Kamina even died.
In the second half they are up against the anti-spiral, the thing that controlls the entire universe and uses spiral energy just like they do.

I fail to see how there's no tension.
Tension comes from characters struggle. And they struggle a lot. Not just in the fights.

>>135810630
Ok, maybe I'm being a huge fag by asking this but what similar character to Nia do you mean. I can't think of one of the top of my head.

>Being pretty and having a sad backstory didn't compensated the loss of a fun, brave and wacky supportive bro like him.

Kamina is pretty and has a sad backstory as well.
And Nia is also brave and wacky.
I can understand the dislike for Nia for esthetic reason. She's not as cool as Kamina, she doesn't have glasses, a cape and a Sword. And she's a love interest and not a bro.
But really, she gets more hate then she deserves.
>>
>>135810571
How does spiral power make the antagonists feel weak when both of the main antagonists have spiral power themselves? The Anti-Spiral in particular was implied to have immeasurably more spiral power than even Simon. Besides that, spiral power wasn't even mentioned until right near the end of the first half, and then wasn't explained in full until the second half.
>>
>>135811328
>I can't think of one of the top of my head.
Every love interest discovered inside an object ever bonus points for being short, delicate, light skinned, naive and having unnatural hair color.
>>
>>135811328
>>135811440
I already knew about it before I started the series.
Aside from the two main antagonists, everyone just falls over. So even their fights were good, the rest of the show is a complete slog and doesn't save it from being shit.
Like in episode 12, against the turtle general. The turtle completely outplays them and captures them, then Simon has an epiphany and Lagann comes to him and one shots the turtle after combining.
I felt more for the damn turtle than I did Simon.
>>
>>135805285
Energetic and cool guy, can fight hand to hand, rebels against his elders and prevails, spearheads the species's fight for survival and grabs victory several times and finally dies a martyr, you can't hate him
>>
>>135805383
>Fucks Yoko
That is false and you know that
>>
>>135808467
>Also NTR

You poor, poor fucker, its not NTR, its an equal distance race, best man should win, and your self-insert isn't the better man
>>
Kittan was better
>>
>>135811678
But Nia and Simon have great chemistry.
And Nia has more depth to her than most cute little girls. Maybe I'm being subjective though.
Guess I understand why people would dislike her but I still love her.

>>135811879
Yeah but why is it shit.
>>
>>135812599
This.
Why couldn't he have been the MC?
>>
I'm probably part of the problem but Kamina was the best character in TTGL for me. He was a refreshing alpha-male archetype during a time when failure betas and edgelords were all the rage. His weird antics were fun and really his personality was carrying the whole show.

I legit stopped watching for months after he died. And when I did finish, I feel the show suffered by lacking his presence.
>>
>>135805285
I somehow predicted his death the second I saw him. Don't inspirations to little bitch characters that have to go through development always die?
>>
File: Hiiragi.Kagami.full.223361.jpg (748 KB, 1826x2785) Image search: [Google]
Hiiragi.Kagami.full.223361.jpg
748 KB, 1826x2785
Kagami is a better character than Kamina.
>>
>>135805285
>Why is Kamina so beloved?
Most of /a/ never met their fathers.
>>
>>135805285
Because with one sentence he made me believe in humanity: "Don't believe in the you that believes in me, or the me that that believes in you. Believe in the you that believes in you!" (I know I fucked that up but you get the point)
>>
>>135805560
I mean, at least he and Kittan got a kiss...but then they died.

>You
>Only
>Kiss
>Once
>>
>>135805285
I actually hated him, fucking scumbag stealing MC's beloved girl in front of him
>>
File: 1435889925021.jpg (35 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1435889925021.jpg
35 KB, 250x250
>>135818953
>self-inserting
>>
>>135806145
>he had to die

Rossiu pls go
>>
i dropped the series after he died, because Simon was a whiny little cunt
>>
>>135805285
he had the best finishing move in the whole series.
that 10/10 volcano
>>
>>135806509
Giorno wins every time.
>>
>>135819773
Rossiu was right.
>>
File: Kaminarox.jpg (91 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Kaminarox.jpg
91 KB, 1280x720
Benevolent as fuck with some noble goals, looked badass, was badass, and his death genuinely affected me. I wish he stayed alive longer.
>>
Because the idea of someone who genuinely believes in you is amazing. It's a fantastic feeling.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.