[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Death Note
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 73
File: Lawlit.jpg (15 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
Lawlit.jpg
15 KB, 400x225
I guess if you bring the world's crime rates down by 70%. You're automatically the villain and the police will hunt you down because you obviously aren't helping better the world.

Why were people even trying to catch Light, he did more good than bad. Anyone he killed was either a criminal, someone trying to capture him, or aiding in his capture.
>>
The series was written by teenagers for teenagers
They didn't plan anything out, they were just making it up week by week
Shit mango
>>
because tehy didnt know how the killing system worked. Kira might as well been some pharmaceutical company that tested drugs on inmates. Only those autists knew about it and they wanted to catch him for their epenis
>>
>>135681157
Criminals are not animals meant to be slaughtered.
>>
>>135681537
>Says someone who's never been rapes, beat, or family torn apart because of criminals.

Until you've had experience, just keep your vanilla mouth shut. Jail isn't some place people are treated like humans you know. Death is much better suited for trash that breaks societies laws.
>>
>>135681157
>Anyone he killed was either a criminal, someone trying to capture him, or aiding in his capture.
So he killed criminals, innocent people, and people he didn't like. What a nice guy.
>>
>>135681157

Killing people is wrong. That's why he had to be stopped.
>>
>>135681655
>What is war?
If governments authorized people to kill one another via war. I guess that's wrong and we should kill the people leading our country.

But in Light's case, him literally bringing more good from his actions that any government on earth could even hope for is a problem?

You see the contradiction here?
>>
>>135681655
>Killing people is wrong.

reddit please leave
>>
>>135681157
There were like 20 people at most in the world hunting him in the second half, and then a good part of them was killed by Mello, the police was hardly giving two shits about him by then.
>>
>>135681721
Yeah, one bullet through Bush sr. and jr. wouldn't be bad at all.
>>
File: Deathnote.jpg (72 KB, 600x321) Image search: [Google]
Deathnote.jpg
72 KB, 600x321
>>135681792
The only thing Light did wrong was only killing 2/3 of those fucking autistic detectives.
>>
>>135681850
>wanting to kill america's best presidents

I bet youre an obama shill too
>>
>>135681891
>implying reagan isnt the best president
>>
>>135681721
War is also wrong so there's no contradiction. Self defense is also wrong.
>>
>>135681608
Your hate gives no excuse to treat another human like filth. I don't care what you've been through.
>>
>>135681987
Your name belongs in the deathnote too moralfag
>>
>>135682056
There's literally nothing wrong with being a moralfag.
>>
File: 1436692782908.jpg (68 KB, 686x582) Image search: [Google]
1436692782908.jpg
68 KB, 686x582
>>135681987
>Your hate gives no excuse to treat another human like filth. I don't care what you've been through.

Like I said, go through some shit before you open your mouth.

Hate is more than enough reason to treat other human's like filth, if they deserve it, and society agrees they deserve it. Then it will be done. Good and Evil are decided by the majority. And more agrees with me than you.

Think about that next time you say what you said. By your standards, its ok to treat a child molester like a human being.
>>
>>135681157
In first place, you can't kill other human being just because he committed a crime. That's not just morally wrong, but is also a contradiction because you are committing a crime too.
>>
>>135681157
He got a little crazy towards the end. He would have won if it weren't for Mikami.
>>
>>135682121
>Majority defines what is good
You are the only filth who deserves hate.
>>
>>135682121
>truth is decided by majority
Only moral relativists are this stupid.
>>
>>135682184
It's true though good and bad are decided by the majority.
>>
>>135682184
Good and evil are decided by the majority, what earth are you living on?
>>
File: f8d.jpg (74 KB, 680x664) Image search: [Google]
f8d.jpg
74 KB, 680x664
>>135682121
Unless you live in a third world shithole, society considers all human beings as equal and worthy of the same rights. If the worst scum of the earth commits some terrible crime, it's normal for the victims (and third parties) to want some payback, and society's role is that of taking the victim's side...and also the perpetrator's, in order to come up with a fair judgment. I don't think society, which should be as netrual as possible, should have the right to kill one of its members. This doesn't mean I wouldn't be driven into doing it myself, if someone makes me go through some serious shit, call me a hypocrite but that's what I think.
>>
>>135681862
Near and Mello were fucking retarded. Death Note's second half was fucking retarded.
>>
File: 1449977069325.jpg (55 KB, 704x392) Image search: [Google]
1449977069325.jpg
55 KB, 704x392
>>135682330
This is what idealist think, yes society views people as equal and worthy of the same rights. But when a crime of extremely unmoral activity happens.

Society changes, people call for that person's fucking head, they turn into animals. I can bring up too many examples in America ALONE where this has happened. People only save face till a crime people just can't forgive happens. There's a reason majority of the world holds the death penalty, there's a reason why people go for revenge on their own if they can before even getting the law enforcement.

You're trying to say all human's are just, well most are, but we're just by our own standards. Society changes from nice to pure evil in the blink of an eye.
>>
>>135682215
>>135682309
It's just as silly the second time you post it. If the majority decides what's good and bad then good and bad become descriptions of what's popular to consider good and what's popular to consider evil and the terms lose all other meaning. When you say an act is evil you're not describing the act you're describing society's view on the act. An evil thing is evil because the majority thinks it's evil and a good thing is good because the majority thinks it's good, however when you ask someone why something is good or evil you will invariably get different explanations. Murder is evil because it causes suffering to innocents, charity is good because it's jesuslike etc, everyone has their own reasons that they derive through process of reasoning which they can more or less explain in a logical manner when prompted, only the moral relativist makes no attempt at this process of reason and cares what the majority thinks despite the fact that society as a whole disagrees with their view. The very same normalfags that you derive your morality from think you're retarded because they themselves derive their morality from themselves.
>>
>>135682652
Society gathers what's good and bad by what majority thinks and it is taught to the next generation. I don't think you realize this, but there were civilizations who were ok with cannabilism. It was considered just in their society by majority, so it was good. People decide what is accepted and it is taught until something physical or mental changes it for majority.

Majority is what decides almost all acts we take in governing ourselves, that's what our government rely on. And we're not the same person dumbass, two people just happened to fucking disagree with you.
>>
>>135682652
Wow, I don't even know what you're saying dawg. Are you agreeing or disagreeing with him?
>>
>>135682215
>>135682309
I will give you an example: John and Peter are two blue kids, and Edward is a red kid. There are two political parties, the red and the blue one. Edward convinces John and Peter to vote for the red party. The red party wins and decides to kill all blue kids. Is that good just because the majority choose it?
>>
>>135682882
What the fuck kind of argument is that? The majority may have agreed to "vote for the red party", but they did not agree to "kill all blue kids". That's not a decision that was made by the majority, that was made by "the red party".
>>
>>135682882
Yes, because majority wins. Good and Evil is decided by majority because majority has the POWER.

That's the problem you're having, good and evil aren't things that have a meaning until people with majority forces and power gives definitions people are forced to follow.
>>
Good is something that helps another person. If someone is hungry and you give them food it is good, if someone wants to die and you kill them it is good.

Evil is something that harms another person. If someone is hungry and you take their food it is evil, if someone wants to die and you save them it is evil.
>>
>>135681157

It's been a long time since I read Death Note, but didn't he explicitly say that once all of the "criminals" were gone, he was going to start in on people who weren't living their life "correctly"?

He was a complete loon.

I kinda regret that we didn't get to see that. Him failing as a God would have been a much more satisfying downfall than getting tripped up as a mere human.
>>
>>135683132
That's not how it works.
>>
File: 300483.jpg (3 MB, 3233x5000) Image search: [Google]
300483.jpg
3 MB, 3233x5000
>>135681157
Why do I always see so many people shit on this series? The anime kind of ruined the second half but other than that I really don't see what's so bad about it

plus the soundtrack is 10/10
>>
>>135682799
The fact that popular "memetic" ideas about what is good or evil tend to spread around and survive to future generations is a testament to the fact that people are persuaded to believe in those ideas. The reason those ideas survive and get taught in schools is because people agree with the content of those ideas. This doesn't mean that society decides what's good based on what's popular.

Do you realize that people frown upon cannibalism because they dislike the nature of cannibalism and not because of the opinion of their peers? If you ask an individual why they don't eat people won't be because they think society considers cannibalism to be bad, but because they themselves consider it to be bad.

I know full well you're two different retards.
>>
>>135683182
That's how it should work. Trying to force all of the different people in the world, or I guess country, to conform to one set of what's good and evil is wrong.
>>
>>135683233
>The reason those ideas survive and get taught in schools is because people agree with the content of those ideas. This doesn't mean that society decides what's good based on what's popular.

This entire sentence means you agree with me. Society takes the ideas previous people from that society thinks are just and reteaches them. What is your side? You're saying ideas survive because they just do? People who believe those ideas become part of a larger bubble of people who think that's best. That's when good and evil are decided.

A prime example of this is the foundation of fucking america.
>>
>>135683174
This. You can'tem just let a total random person control the world.

Hell said that he would kill useless Lady people, só he was probably gringos tô kill most of his neet fans of /a/ for being fat fucks that live in a basement.

The thing is, he doesn't have the right to ordem the world, nobody choose him. If he thinks that he can have it by force or fear, he should prepare to get his ass kicked.
>>
>>135683486
>nobody choose him
Fuck off, democracy doesn't exist.
>>
>>135682556
>You're trying to say all human's are just
I'm not. I think the opposite indeed.

>Society changes, people call for that person's fucking head, they turn into animals
That's why there are branches of government that should prevent "the arm of justice" from going too far, because even the worst criminal, in front of the law, has his rights. I know it's asking too much, but neither a judge, nor a jury should be driven by emotions, and if they do, they shouldn't hold that position. In that sense, something like the Sybill System from Psycho Pass is probably more suitable than human (save for the whole imprisoning or killing innocents part)

The only thing for which death penalty could be justified is the deterrence factor, and it's been proven not to work as such either.
>>
>>135683420
This entire sentence serves to explain to you that I fully understand why ideas survive. Ideas survive because they're popular so when people die there are still enough people that are alive who still believe in them, even if it's a shitty idea. If I came up with a new idea and I never told it to anyone and I die tomorrow then this idea also dies with me.

What I'm trying to explain to you is that society doesn't decide what's good and evil, they only decide what is CONSIDERED good and evil by that society. When you say that cannibalism was ok in past civilization you mean to say that cannibalism was considered to be ok at those times. When we say that cannibalism was considered to be ok, we mean to say that, it was believed at those times "the nature of cannibalism is such that it's ok". In present time cannibalism is considered evil, and when we say that cannibalism is considered evil we mean to say that it is commonly believed today "the nature of cannibalism is such that it's evil".

Clearly cannibalism in the past and cannibalism today is the same thing, it's just eating people. Cannibalism didn't change, it has the same nature. I seriously ask you, what is the nature of cannibalism, in your opinion?
>>
>government's job is to keep order in society
>someone else is doing this for them
Obviously the government would want to hunt him down. He was messing with their gig.
>>
>>135683829
Just get this guy to run everything.
>>
>>135682156
Wrong, "crime" defined by government. Government s can execute. So you've never had family raped or killed by filth, you've no right to talk.
>>
>>135682652
>only the moral relativist makes no attempt at this process of reason and cares what the majority thinks despite the fact that society as a whole disagrees with their view.
That's funny, because when you said
>however when you ask someone why something is good or evil you will invariably get different explanations
and a few other things, you described moral relativism
>>
>>135683680
Cry more.
>>
>>135681157
Developed Countries by UN standards give individuals human rights, most countries in that classification have a justice system.
Its more like the battle between order and disorder, aka the police vs teenage killer mastermind.

kinda systematic debate of ideology.

>>135681655

>>135681608
>>135681611
>>135681862
>>135681891
>>
>>135683987
not a debate of right or wrong.
some would argue that killing is in human nature, others would say its a byproduct of the system we live in.
>>
>>135683132
But the people that are 'good" by your definition take money from me by threat of force, money I wanted to use to care for my family, and they give that money to lazy welfare queens who refuse to work. How is that really good?
>>
>>135683951
Moral relativism is not the position that states that different people have different ideas about morality, that much is obvious. Moral relativism is the position that states that things are good or evil based on the cultural standards at that moment.
>>
God damn when did this become /pol/

not even educated /pol/tards
>>
>>135684050
But what does that mean?
>>
>>135684019
Killing is in human nature, when we form a society we are supposed to give up some of our instincts to function in an environment that tries to favor everyone. In other words, I won't kill if I am reassured no one would kill me, this kind of thing. Far from perfect if you ask me, but still better than nothing.
>>
>>135684118
It means that you have no opinion of your own about what is good or evil and you leave it up to society to decide what's good and evil. Such a person might say that when people engaged in human sacrifice in ancient civilizations it was not evil to do so, because it was culturally acceptable at that time.
>>
>>135684022
They are evil to you and good for them. Good and evil are entirely subjective.
>>
>>135684050
The basis for moral relativism is that there is no absolute moral values, it does not mean passive acceptance of the current views on good and evil. If anything, it acknowledges that the moral values held by the majority of people, in a certain time and place, is a product of society, and not a set of rules carved into stone forever, but if you are a moral relativist you can very well have your own set of morals, which can be derived from logic, emotions, both and whatnot
>>
>>135684245
They are considered evil by that anon and they are considered good by those on welfare. When you say something IS good or IS evil you are describing that thing's nature, and because things can only have one nature they can't be simultaneously good and evil.
>>
>>135684317
>inherent morality
You walk into a country, and you see a man being executed
Is this a good or evil act?
>>
>>135684437
Evil to me personally.
>>
>>135684559
See, that's subjective, not inherent. That's not the nature of the act, that's your interpretation of it.
>>
>>135684284
You can't simultaneously have a set of moral standards that are derived from logic, emotions, or both, while also believing that there are no absolute moral values. That's because people have the tendency to rationalize their feelings and actions in a way that creates an explanation for why they felt and did what they did at the time they did it. When you ask someone why did something they explain the principals that governed their actions. He killed that man because that man was evil, and evil men must be killed, therefore he had to be killed. Such statements as "evil men must be killed" are universal principles, they apply universally to all "evil men" with no exception. This necessarily leads to belief in absolute values (moral or otherwise). "Evil men must be killed regardless of opinion" is the thinking.

>>135684437
That would be evil, regardless of the country.

>>135684559
He didn't ask what your personal opinion is as if taking a poll, he asked you to solve the moral problem.
>>
>>135684690
I'm not that same anon.
>>
>>135684690
The guy who responded to your post first isn't the one you quoted.
>>
>>135684701
That person was Johnny Rapemurder, who somehow managed to rape and murder 1/4 of the population of that country. He is completely unrepentant. His existence has been a net drain on the entire world.
>>
>>135684815
That won't change my opinion because my reasons for thinking murder is evil doesn't have anything to do with who gets murdered.
>>
>>135684910
Killing isn't murder though.
>>
>>135683829
I don't believe a fucking word you've spouted, you seem like a 5 year old who doesn't have a clue how important things really are.
>>
>>135685012
Killing is also evil though.
>>
>>135684910
>opinion
See, that just got subjective, you aren't judging the nature you are just giving your interpretation. Without a moral objectifier, morality doesn't actually exist.
>>
>>135685031
killing in self defense is not evil, tard
>>
>>135685031
Holy shit kill yourself fight now because literally at this very second you are killing millions upon millions of cells to create your skin. And it's not a pleasant dseath either, you are starving them until they expand and burst in an attempt to get nutrients from veins that arent there.
>>
File: 1437813677623.png (518 KB, 500x720) Image search: [Google]
1437813677623.png
518 KB, 500x720
If I kill someone for the greater good of humanity. Then I should not be punished. I did a murder that will benefit people in a long run.

When will people realize THE ENDS, JUSTIFIES THE MEANS

Light wasn't wrong, he just went about it too fast and got too cocky. Other than that I never had much of a problem with his methods because like even NEAR said. What Light did ultimately helped more than he killed.
>>
>>135685049
I'm giving about my interpretation about what I consider to be the actual nature, so I am making a value judgment but I'm assuming we share similar values (which we do). We all subjectively perceive the moon to exist, therefore we say that "the moon" exists, the implication being that the moon exists objectively. This is the basis of empiricism.

>>135685104
Self defense that involves killing is evil because killing is evil.

>>135685105
They have no mind that I'm aware of though so I'm not intentionally causing suffering. I neglected to point out those additional qualifiers before because I didn't think someone would bring up this example.
>>
>>135685201
>not intentionally causing suffering therefore its fine
Awww shit son you fucked up
>>
>>135685201
So preventing an evil is evil.
>>
L never stood a chance.

Literally got most of his leads out of pure luck.
>>
>>135685256
If you do something with no malice and knowledge or intent to cause suffering then that's not evil. Of course if you engage in negligence then it is evil, but if the situation is such where you couldn't have possibly known that your actions might cause suffering then it's not evil.

>>135685293
Not sure what you mean by preventing evil. If you have to kill one person to prevent a hundred from being killed that's evil.
>>
>I guess if you bring the world's crime rates down by 70%
As in crimes registered. Remaining criminals smart up and become utterly ruthless in removing witness. Hooray.
>>
>someone seems to has the power to just let people drop dead
>nah it's alright we shouldn't investigate why people are dying left and right
of course you'll try to find out what the fuck is happening
>>
>>135681157
Vigilante "justice" is not justice.
>>
>>135685375
At least they're giving it their all!
>>
>>135685362
I'll leave you along and let you stew your own philosophy for a few years. This is some rudimentary worldview you got going on.
>>
>>135685362
So how do you stop unrepentant evil? You can't imprison them, that's basically robbing them of life. But simultaneously, inaction just allows them to commit more evil, making you evil by your inaction. You can't kill them apparently. So how?
>>
>>135685503
That's a great answer. I'll be here waiting in case you decide you're not lazy enough to explain yourself. Perhaps one day your worldview would change when you hurt someone while thinking the means justify the ends and see how badly it fucks you up with guilt, by then it'll be too late though.
>>
>>135685553
You don't. That's why evil is stronger than good because good is dumb
>>
>>135685578
>guilt
So if I don't feel any guilt, I will have not done anything wrong? Alright then.
>>
>>135685578
>"Perhaps one day your worldview would change when you hurt someone while thinking the means justify the ends and see how badly it fucks you up with guilt" He says as he unapologetically shitposts to rile anonymous individuals for his fleeting amusement.
>>
>>135685578
Guilt doesn't imply wrongdoing anymore than a lack of guilt implies a lack of wrongdoing.
>>
>>135685553
You as a person would benefit most from not doing anything about unrepentant evil, don't involve yourself with it and distance yourself from it whenever possible. It's none of your responsibility to fix the world nor would it be your fault for not doing anything. If someone's going to go around hurting people that's going to have more to do with his state of mind and his circumstances that you stopping or failing to stop him.
>>
File: smug anime girl 7.png (64 KB, 180x236) Image search: [Google]
smug anime girl 7.png
64 KB, 180x236
>>135681945
>Self defense is also wrong.
>>
>>135685663
You are evil by your inaction then. You are allowing it to happen, making you equivalent to the person committing the acts.
And seriously, listen to how this sounds
>bad shit going down? Ignore it.
>>
>>135685618
>>135685656
If you're doing something that makes you feel guilty you're damaging yourself and your mental health first and foremost, therefore you should refrain from doing it as it's "evil" towards yourself. If for some reason doing horrible shit doesn't cause you to feel guilt then you have deeper problems.

>>135685689
It is if you kill someone.
>>
>>135685720
Nah don't be dumb. This means everyone is evil just because we've heard of Africa.
>>
>>135685720
Inaction is not evil. Unless you're a surgeon falling asleep in a middle of an operation in which case it's negligence. Otherwise there's absolutely nothing wrong with walking the fuck away from a bad situation that you didn't create.
>>
>>135685735
Nah son I can feel guilty eating a whole pie but that shit ain't evil.
>>
>>135685735
>deeper problems
Through what metric can you say this? I don't feel any guilt, how dare you presume to know the morality of my actions.
>>
>>135685759
Inaction and inability are two different things.
>>135685788
>please, distract hims for a second, he's trying to kill me
>lol no
>>
>>135681608
My uncle is in prison for 40 years with no chance of probation (He's basically not getting out.) for armed robbery, selling meth, aggravated assault, and violating his probation over and over.

When he was out of prison last time, he had members of the Aryan brotherhood partying in his lawn right next door to our house.

He is a scumbag.

I'd still be fucking pissed off if someone murdered him though, you little prick.

>Until you've had experience, just keep your vanilla mouth shut.
As if you're some kind of edgelord that has had experience with violence. If you had actually ever experienced real hardship, you wouldn't think being a vile little savage makes you cool. You'd realize you're being a fearful little pussy, and that thinking murder makes you mature is pathetic.

No way in hell you're over the edge of 16.

>>135682121
>go through some shit before you open your mouth.
Let's fucking hear what shit you went through then, faggot.

Your dad rape you? Some kid at school call you a pussy?
>>
>>135685819
If you eat a pie despite knowing it'll cause you terrible guilt you're doing a bad thing towards yourself which you shouldn't do.

>>135685830
What I mean by this is that if someone's a psychopath then I can't have any hope of persuading them that they should be good and not do evil, because feeling guilt plays a key role in my own morality. If I was born without guilt I would most likely would not give a fuck about hurting people no matter how much people tried to explain it to me.

>>135685862
Helping someone is without hurting anyone is good but if you have to kill a would be murderer in order to save the victim you're better off walking away from the situation.
>>
>>135685883
You are defending a net drain on humanity.
>>
>>135685929
>my own morality
Here you go again, admitting to subjectivity
>>
>>135681157

Guaranteed Replies.gif
>>
>>135685972
I never denied the fact that I formed my opinion from my subjective experience, but as long as you share similar experience and values, it can be said to be objectively true. Don't pretend like we are each living in our own special snowflake of a reality, reality is shared.
>>
>>135685929
>but if you have to kill a would be murderer in order to save the victim you're better off walking away from the situation.
So you're putting satisfying your ego above saving a victim. If you only frivolously care about people to that extent, then why do you care about being moral at all?
>>
ITT: teenagers
>>
>>135686101
>as long as you agree with me, it's objectively true
You what. I obviously don't share similar values, I don't believe in objective morality, the only way to establish objective morality is through an objectifier like a God. Obviously, since I don't believe in your screed, your screed is subjective. Reality may be shared but that doesn't make the opinions of a group of people valid.
>>
>>135685028
Nice arguments you have there son. Come back when you have hairs on your face.
>>135684701
>You can't simultaneously have a set of moral standards that are derived from logic, emotions, or both, while also believing that there are no absolute moral values.

Yes, yes you can. You just have to give up concepts like good or evil. If you believe things are inherently good or evil, and use the standards you have (emotions, logic etc) then the values you are are seem absolute to you.
Truth is, good and evil are manmade concept, they have no real meaning. Somehow rules protect us, following them may make us feel good, breaking them may make us feel bad, because they were ingrained in us as we grew up. Some of them may come from pure instincts, but the truth is, none of it matters from an objective point of view. So you can follow a set of rules, thinking it's the best for you and the others, without claiming they are the only possible rules.

Acknowledging this doesn't even mean living a life devoid of "morals", because needing, and having a set of morals is something entrenched in human nature, you just can't help it.

For these reasons society should be built around rules that benefit the majority of people, in other words "intelligently-designed" morals (the pun is intentional)
>>
>>135686103
It's inaccurate to say that I'm only satisfying my own ego, if I didn't have consideration for the life of the murderer that you want me to kill then I wouldn't feel bad about killing them in the first place. I do care about people to a normal extent but I won't go out of my way to help starving children in africa or kill some person just to help someone else, that's not my responsibility because I didn't create those situations.
>>
>>135685929
Evil is not really a word I'd associate with overeating bro. Hell even most crime isn't really evil just bad. I mean you don't really here people throw the word evil around outside of like RPGs and shows. Its reserved for like mass murder or genocide.
>>
>>135681157
no one person should ever be allowed to hold such power, and he is the prime example for that. Not only would he have killed people that were lazy or didn't live correctly up to his standard, which mind you he never made clear to the public because he wants to hide under anonymity. But also the mere fact he thinks once a criminal always a criminal and thus should be killed for good, which concept has been refuted countless times in the past.
>>
>>135686185
So you would be on the moral highground if you simply didn't see the murderer as a person.

Guess what everybody, as long as you hate them, murder is morally sound.
>>
>>135681157
He killed more than just criminals though. That was what made the entire series so fucking funny. It was about a edgelord wannabe "god" who ended up taking it too far and becoming a criminal himself.
>>
File: 1438702206315.png (203 KB, 888x900) Image search: [Google]
1438702206315.png
203 KB, 888x900
WHY DO YOU FUCKERS ENTERTAIN THE OP?!, CAN'T YOU SEE THIS THREAD IS DESIGNED TO FUCK YOU OVER AND MAKE A MORAL DEBATE OVER WHAT'S RIGHT AND WRONG?

WHY DO YOU KEEP FALLING FOR THE SAME BAIT
>>
>>135686343
It's fun.
>>
>>135685941
People are more than the sum of their crimes, you blind little shit. If you truly came from somewhere where you experiences "hardship" you would understand that.

Some people are born with nothing, they are raised wanting more for themselves, and they are not given the tools to help them gain anything more than the shit they came from. Their life is fucking pain. Eventually they might turn to drugs, or they might rob a store because they have poor impulse control. They might regret it for the rest of their lives and turn their lives around and work hard, like my fucking dad as he's struggling to help me pay my way through college.

Or they might stay a scumbag forever and become an actual Nazi like my uncle.

You don't fucking know. You don't know anything about these people you want murdered.

>>135686185
You think that saying shit like "morality is subjective" and talking about how you justify doing what you want with shit like "that's not my responsibility because I didn't create those situations" makes you wise, but it's really idiotic and edgy because you fundamentally don't comprehend the level of extreme hypocrisy in your words.

You define morality as you see fit to keep yourself safe from scrutiny and responsibility while casually condemning huge swathes of everyone else not because you actually have a problem with them, but because you think it earns you edgy credibility. As I said, you think you're cool, but you're not. You are a sociopath.
>>
>>135686184
If you give up concepts like good and evil then you have no morality at all. Do you share my view that you either believe values are either absolute or you don't they don't exist at all? What would be the point of believing that murder is bad "in my opinion"? Would you go ahead and stop someone from killing an innocent if they believed it's okay or not? If you see moral values as ice cream flavors then they hold any water at all in your day to day life. You say that you can do good deeds without having moral beliefs because it's in your nature, but I remain in the position that you can't simply act impulsively on your good intentions without rationalizing them into absolute moral principals.

>>135686188
Evil is a bit too strong but it's synonymous with "bad" in most cases as far as I'm concerned.

>>135686242
Hate is also evil because it hurts you as well, and also while you may kill someone while angry and not feel bad about it, eventually when the anger subsides you will feel terrible guilt.
>>
>>135686426
I never said morality is subjective. The rest of your post I can't really address and amounts to "you think you're cool but actually you're not" with no further explanation.
>>
>>135686431
>eventually you will feel guilt
And if I don't? Hate simply allowed me to kill an evil person without remorse. Obviously it is a force of righteousness.
>you can't act on your good intentions without making them a morality
Why? I mean this is from the guy that would walk away from a murder in progress because he couldn't be bothered to seriously face the murderer.
>>
>>135686343
>36 IPs
It's the same autistic people every time.
>>
>>135681157
Because he became drunk with power and soon had no second thoughts about killing innocent people.
>>
>>135686431
What I'm saying is you can act as if your moral principles were absolute without actually believing they are, because:
We, as humans, are hard-wired (not in a religious way, but in an evolutionary way) to have morals.
We (should) follow the rules we believe to be the best for us and, by extension, society.

This discussion is dangerously close to become a religious debate though, inb4:
>see, atheists can't be good people because they have no fixed concept of good
>>
>>135685883
Fuck your uncle I hope he dies. And he deserves the death penalty or life in prison at least for this persistent disregard for human lives. You reap what you fucking sow.

It's not about breaking laws. He's a scumbag who hates or disregard every single one of us. He would murder me for a bit of money. He might even murder you. People who treat humans beings like trash do no deserve any better.

Also it's likely you have the same shit genetic that led him to do that to innocent people. Please don't reproduce.
>>
>>135686426
Your dad sounds like a standup guy. Your uncle sounds like a net drain on humanity
>>
>>135686582
He never killed anyone innocent. Don't want shit? Then don't try to stop someone who not only reduced the crime rate by 70%, but also saved millions of innocent victims of murder, rape and torture.

If you disagree with Kira, then you approve of the murder of all these innocent people. You become a murder enabler and therefore an indirect accomplish. And YOU are the one that deserves to be shot like a dog.
>>
File: mahnigga.jpg (69 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
mahnigga.jpg
69 KB, 400x400
>>135683863
>>
>>135686426
For the record I'm the one who kept saying you should lay down your life and die if your only method of self defense is killing your aggressor, how you can call me a sociopath I have no idea.

>>135686516
There is a high chance that as you mature you will eventually feel the guilt, unless you are a cold killer but if you are then you simple can't mature and you're too emotionally fucked up to feel guilt.

When I said that you can't act on your good intentions without having a morality I didn't mean that only people who have a belief in morality are the ones who have good intentions and everyone else is nasty. You can have good intentions and not believe in anything, however it's human nature to turn our intentions into rationalizations so we would be able to explain why we did why we did. It's human nature to have absolute principals period. Even a belief in moral relativism is an absolute value, because we are inclined that way. A moral relativist has made a judgment about the nature of morality, and has concluded that everyone who is not of the position of moral relativism is wrong.
>>
>>135681157
Because he has the power to murder anyone he feels like and he used that power many times already. Thats absolutely reason enough to try to catch him.
>>
File: retard.png (120 KB, 453x379) Image search: [Google]
retard.png
120 KB, 453x379
>>135686685
>He never killed anyone innocent
>Killed L
>Killed a bunch of detective and cops
>Straight up gonna kill a bunch of his friends

Pic related, it is you
>>
>>135685735
>self defense is wrong if you kill someone
Oh I'm sorry. I have such a perfect mastery of my body and aim I can disarm 3 murderers coming at me with the preciseness of robocop. It's not like in those split seconds I don't have all the time in the world to make a 100% accurate estimation of the use of force necessary and my arm isn't shaking like crazy from the stress caused by people trying to murder me.
>>
>>135686482
I used anecdotes to explain how you don't understand what you're talking about and don't empathize with people you want dead. If you can't address that, than you are a sociopath or a retard.

As for accusing you of "you think you're cool but actually you're not" that's actually because I want to give you a better excuse for being this evil and horrid. You think it's an insult, but it's either that or "You are just evil, period.".

>>135686610
My uncle has never killed anyone, he's just beat the shit out of some people at bards that probably deserved it, robbed some houses, and sold some drugs. I'm not trying to excuse anything, I think he's a scumbag too and I don't like him, but you're being melodramatic as fuck.

>>135686625
I agree, but this is why we don't fucking kill people when they become criminals. You don't know their true worth. You can't know. Taking another persons life is an extreme responsibility not to be disregarded. When you kill someone, you snuff out everything they've done, everything they could do, their hopes, their dreams, the love of their family, fucking everything. I believe in the death penalty, but only because I know that there are some people truly beyond redemption. That's not a casual choice to make based on a quick google like Light does though.

>>135686729
I might be confusing you with other posters, there's probably like 8 people arguing right now, so I apologize.
>>
>>135686685
>He never killed anyone innocent.
Im sorry, what? He definitely killed people who werent criminals and who were just in his way.

That female agent who was close to discovering who he was? L?
>>
>>135681157
>Someone is magically killing people without leaving a trace
>lets just let him do his thing there's no need to investigate
>>
>>135686729
Who are you to say that your overly emotional state is righteous. You, who wouldn't kill a man about to drop a nuke on an innocently populated city.

Your second sentence was literally just "Everyone is right, especially the moral relativists"
>>
File: Ultimo.jpg (35 KB, 567x571) Image search: [Google]
Ultimo.jpg
35 KB, 567x571
Killing isn't good, no matter what situation. Life is something precious that people should try and preserve.

Death does nothing to remedy pain in our world, it only leads to more death, more broken bonds, more hatred, more rage, more revenge.

That's why Light had to be stopped, he was killing people to make a world where people feared him and his power. he was a monster and a true tyrant.

Being Good is the only path people should take and those who fall to evil, should be helped and corrected to become good. Everyone has the compassion and ability to become a member of society and follow our laws and regulations to help everyone lead a good life.

Everyone on earth is just trying to survive in this world.
>>
>>135686426
>Some people are born with nothing, they are raised wanting more for themselves, and they are not given the tools to help them gain anything more than the shit they came from. Their life is fucking pain. Eventually they might turn to drugs, or they might rob a store because they have poor impulse control. They might regret it for the rest of their lives and turn their lives around and work hard, like my fucking dad as he's struggling to help me pay my way through college.

Yea bro, I "came from nothing", the only person in the last couple generations to graduate high school, and some of my inlaws moved from mexico becouse of some drug shit. The whole lot is shit. But i didn't cry because the world treated me like shit and i got delt a shit hand, i got a fucking job, and worked hard. I got recognized for my hard work and got a better job. I keep getting better jobs and work 14 - 16 hour days every week to pay off the land im buying (22 btw). When i done, it'll make me the only land owner in my family. Ive smoke weed a few times but im not a bitch like your uncle was. You don't know shit.
>>
>>135686866
Hi I'm sociopath mcedgelord, and I'll kill you if you try to turn me good. Also, every day I am, left alive, I will kill another good person for literally no reason and also make an edgy speech in hopes of turning more people like me. Enjoy your ideal world being destroyed by a force you can't stop.
>>
Okay real talk you autistic shits
If you had the Death Note would you do the same? Or would you hide it and never use it? Also what names besides your own would you write?
>>
File: edgy4.jpg (63 KB, 600x547) Image search: [Google]
edgy4.jpg
63 KB, 600x547
>This thread
>>
File: learntoread.jpg (26 KB, 260x344) Image search: [Google]
learntoread.jpg
26 KB, 260x344
>>135686781
>if caught the police intends to illegally execute you without due process
>Stopping you from saving millions of innocent lives
>Knowing full well the benefits of what you are doing
>Trying to stop you and let millions of innocent people die because of their ego.

Pic related, this isn't you.
>>
>>135686963
I would apply to be mod and kill every single one in Naruto thread
>>
>>135686963
I would do as >>135687002 does, but focus on unironic powerlevel threads and umaru shitposting.
>>
>>135686891
There is virtually no difference between our lives, the only difference is I don't want my family dead regardless of what they've done because I know there's more to people than their crimes.

Not everyone has the strength to rise above their circumstances, and we don't kill them for that weakness because we're not fucking Sith Lords.
>>
>>135686824
Then you shouldn't engage in a fight if you know there's a chance you might kill someone.

>>135686832
The first person and fourth person you quoted are both me, I think you have me confused with someone else.

>>135686852
I'm not sure what you mean by righteous, but I consider having empathy to better than being a psychopath because without it you suffer. As a result of having empathy you can't kill people without causing damage to yourself. I don't think the nuke situation is very likely to happen and if it did, it'll be none of my responsibility to stop it, so the thought doesn't really disturb me. Having to kill someone would cause me a lot more guilt than failing to stop someone from being murdered because I don't feel guilty about things that aren't my fault.
>>
>>135686963
>If you had the Death Note would you do the same?
Yes. Also scare every rulers or would be rulers in the world shitless about mistreating their people and declaring pointless wars. I would also have our legislative bodies start respecting our damned constitution.

All in all I wouldn't kill anyone that hasn't completely disregarded the value of human life. Unless they try to stop me, in which case it's self defense not only of myself but all the people I'm saving.

I wouldn't have anyone worship me though. That's fucking tacky.
>>
>>135686963
Would use it for personal monetary gain.
>>
>>135687076
>without it you suffer
You what? But I feel no guilt or remorse, I feel nothing for any act I've committed. A psycopath could theoretically fuck a baby to death after gutting his mother and feel absolutely dandy the next morning. In this situation, your empathy is causing you to stand by and watch evil while his lack of empathy allows him to stop it. Sounds like empathy is a waste of time bruv.
>>
>>135687124
Would you kill lolicons?
>>
File: ulti.png (395 KB, 800x614) Image search: [Google]
ulti.png
395 KB, 800x614
>>135686928
If we capture you and talk with you for long enough, we can help you. Everyone has something they try and hide.

All people have the power to be good and I won't allow for you to harm innocent people. They did nothing to you for you to harm them, we will capture you and help bring you back to reality where you can achieve a better life without harming others or taking life.

Hope and Love can defeat hate and anger every day. I remember as a kid, I was furious over being beaten up in the park because kids mistook me for someone else, and I got fucking destroyed.

I hated them, I wanted them to die. But I realized all that anger, all that hate. It did nothing but take energy from me, it exhausted me. I decided to let it go, things happen. But good always helps and gives you more happiness and energy.

I forgave them.
>>
>>135686866
>Being Good is the only path people should take

That is your opinion. Alot of people would disagree with you.

>and those who fall to evil, should be helped and corrected to become good.

Im sorry to tell you this buddy, but there are a lot of cases in which this is literally impossible. I know you won't believe me when i say that but its just the way people are. Also "corrected" is a matter of perspective.

>Everyone has the compassion and ability to become a member of society and follow our laws and regulations to help everyone lead a good life.

>Everyone on earth is just trying to survive in this world.

False
>>
>>135687076
Every fight has a chance of you killing someone. Every action you do might end in somebody's death.
>>
File: edgy2.jpg (57 KB, 528x600) Image search: [Google]
edgy2.jpg
57 KB, 528x600
>>135687124
>>
>>135686963
I'll use it to protect things I care about, don't really give a shit who I would screw over in the process
>>
>>135687076
Are you really that scared of getting boo boo's on your feelings? Does the fear of that pain really outweigh the value you place on any number of other people's lives and well being? Are you fine with being an inactive coward as long as you can convince yourself that your hands are clean?
>>
File: 1451837784696.jpg (68 KB, 859x492) Image search: [Google]
1451837784696.jpg
68 KB, 859x492
>>135687076
>It's your fault if you get mugged on the street
>It's your fault if your home is invaded
>It's your fault if a mass shooter starts firing in a crowded theater
>It's your fault if someone corners you and tries to rape you
That's right. U shouldn't pick any fight with that murderer that's about to murder you if you don't fight back.
>>
>>135687179
Jokes on you, I stabbed you in the testicles after feigning goodness and danced out the door masturbating and waxing poetic about something else edgy.
>>
File: suckdick.png (72 KB, 331x480) Image search: [Google]
suckdick.png
72 KB, 331x480
>>135687179

You sound like some pretentious little faggot. I would beat the shit out of you everyday too
>>
>>135687057
>and we don't kill them for that weakness because we're not fucking Sith Lords.

Lol, i feel you though. I wouldn't really want my in laws dead either, even knowing shits like them are eating up my taxes. So i really don't disagree with you.
>>
>>135683486
How the hell would he kill any neets?

Most neets have no online presence. Hence the neet
>>
>>135687179
Who let the children's book protagonist in here?
>>
>>135687290
Neet means they live at home and depend on their parents

Not in the mountain
>>
>>135687167
Pedophiles deserve death, but only if they act on those impulses. So no.
>>135687204
Retard.
>>
>>135687179
>But I realized all that anger, all that hate. It did nothing but take energy from me, it exhausted me.

Whut? When im angry i get fucking pumped, work harder and faster. Nothing kicks my ass in gear like anger. I think your having a problem realizing that people are alot different than you. This echo chamber of a website doesn't help either.
>>
>>135687332
he's a tripfag what do you expect
>>
>>135687151
I can't speak with confidence about psychopaths because I don't fully understand them but as far as I understand losing your connection to other people's feelings is the result of deep psychological trauma, so if someone because a psychopath because of bad childhood experiences and then hurt people it would make it very difficult to recover.

>>135687198
Then you shouldn't fight ever.

>>135687231
I am terrified of living with guilt, yes. I would want to help someone I can whenever possible without going too much out of my way to do it but as far as hurting someone to do a good deed that's too much. I don't consider being inactive to be a bad thing.

>>135687244
If someone breaks into my house I run the fuck away anon. I don't fight street thugs.
>>
>>135681157
"Laws"
>>
>>135686832
>My uncle has never killed anyone, he's just beat the shit out of some people at bards that probably deserved it
Then Kira wouldn't kill him.
>>
File: pedo.png (131 KB, 1264x471) Image search: [Google]
pedo.png
131 KB, 1264x471
>>135687354
>Pedophiles deserve death

Sure is retarded in here
>>
>>135686963
Not use it if the heaven in hell thing was for real, but if i did use it. I would make all the murders look like a message from some god, like make them scribble a certain symbol out in blood when they died. Make some sort of death religion.
>>
File: 1337828202506.jpg (15 KB, 614x435) Image search: [Google]
1337828202506.jpg
15 KB, 614x435
>All those people who don't know that self justice is a crime.
What is wrong in capturing a criminal like Light?
>>
>>135687179
I agree that anger does awful things to you. When you're angry you're too blinded by emotion to see how much you hurt yourself.
>>
>>135681157
The "Light did nothing wrong" stance has got to be top 5 surefire ways to tell someone is a shitter.
>>
File: service.jpg (112 KB, 728x1100) Image search: [Google]
service.jpg
112 KB, 728x1100
>>135687272
>You sound like some pretentious little faggot. I would beat the shit out of you everyday too

In all honesty, you can and I will not fight back. if you think beating me will achieve something for you, then by all means I'd let you.

I haven't had a fight in over 8 years and I'm 20 years old man. You would rekt me. It won't change how I feel. Good is something that I hold dearest to my heart and it has given me more than being filled with anger and hate or bitterness ever did.

>That is your opinion. Alot of people would disagree with you.

It is my opinion, sadly the alternative isn't all that good.

>Im sorry to tell you this buddy, but there are a lot of cases in which this is literally impossible. I know you won't believe me when i say that but its just the way people are. Also "corrected" is a matter of perspective.

People can achieve a matter of being corrected. It just takes time, it takes breaking them down and rebuilding them. People are less complex than you make them out to be.
>>
>>135687409
He would during part two. He started killing alot more people and then said he might start killing lazy people.
>>
>>135687383
>it's trauma
Not necessarily. You could theoretically have a bit too much to drink one night, damage your brain, and wake up an empathyless sociopath. Futhermore, why do you say they need to recover? As we've stated, obviously psycopaths are the most morally righteous individuals that act on pure human impulse and never feel bad about their actions. By your guidelines, they are lawful good paladins.
>you shouldn't fight ever
Thanks man I'll keep that in mind and just let the dude beat me to death. It's not like under your moral guideline I've just let an immoral person kill a moral person thereby making the world more immoral.
>>
>>135687383
>If someone breaks into my house I run the fuck away anon. I don't fight street thugs.
It's that easy. I wonder why we keep hearing about people being killed execution style in their own homes. They should have just broken the wall with one punch and jump down the building all in the split seconds they had to react. :DD
>>
>>135681157
Because people like Batman and think that this faggot in a costume is actually doing the right thing by letting joker get away from prison everytime
>>
>>135687410
The american definition of pedophile (i.e. person who has sex with anyone under the age of 18) is nuts, the age of consent should be set at 16 at least.

But fucking kids is disgusting you pedoscum
>>
>>135687439
People are so much more complex. I'm studying medicine, you know nothing.
>>
>>135681157
There is a very thin line between righteousness and evil

Fuck, did you never wonder what the black tear in yang is? That's Light. The worst evils are always done with the best intentions.
>>
>>135687465
Yeah well it's hard to keep your mind intact when you have to live a double life all the while living with a dedicated group that is hunting you down to kill you and then you still have to keep track of all the major crimes in the world.

If people had been a little more collaborative with someone doing so much good he might have not lost it.
>>
>>135681157

The whole show was about how power corrupts you and turns you into what youre fighting against. First he just kills lifers, then he kills prisoners with long sentences, then he kills petty criminals, then he kills suspects, then he kills people trying to find him , then kills people who openly speak against him, then he kills his own followers, then he kills his closest supporters, by this point he's already a cold blooded murderer invalidating his own jihad tier murder logic.
>>
>>135687582
>>135687582
>The worst evils are always done with the best intentions.
and the best deeds are done with bad intentions?
>>
How did Light even still have criminals to kill years into being Kira? You'd think by that point people would be shitting themselves if they got pulled over for speeding, much less arrested for committing a violent crime.
>>
>>135687383
Death is the absolute pinnacle of inactivity and being free of hurt feelings. Why are you so against the act of giving it to someone again? You don't even seem to be adverse to having it done to yourself.
>>
>>135687179
>All people have the power to be good
Psychologically speaking that's actually factually inaccurate on many levels.
Life isn't like the plot of a fictional story, in our reality due to the complex nature of our composition physically and as the result of time and experience past a certain point or due to mental illness some people are past the capacity for "the power of good'.

You can talk to them for however long makes you feel good, but they won't register a thing you're saying. It's like speaking to someone in another language and expecting them to just understand your view for your sake. Maybe in your head that seems to be the case for your piece of mind, but that's not what's happening.
>>
>>135681157
Would Light kill people who torrent illegally?
>>
>>135687429
>defining crime
>Without a moral basis
Full retard. I bet you're a moral relativist as well.
>>
>>135681157
he killed innocent FBI agents who were just doing their jobs
>>
>>135687536
this. Batman is a fucking monster.
>>
>>135687712
>not being a moral relativist
What's your moral objectifier, fag?
>>
We cannot ever know that some moral belief is true. You're all fags.
>>
>>135687778
Yeah we can. Kill yourself and tell us if there's a god. I know the second part sounds tricky but you can do it anon.
>>
>>135687536
I wish batman would fuck people up a lot more
the whole no guns no kills muh parents thing is getting really fucking old
>>
>>135683848
What you're trying to argue here is the existence of moral absolutism: no matter what society believes, certain things will always be "wrong".

But if society doesn't what's good and evil, what does? You? Religion? Our natural instincts? The golden rule? At least provide some answer before people discuss this further.
>>
File: muhjob.jpg (27 KB, 531x289) Image search: [Google]
muhjob.jpg
27 KB, 531x289
>>135687726
>Just doing muh jerbs.
>>
>>135681157
No crime = police lose their jobs
>>
>>135687500
They would need and presumably want to recover because empathy plays an important role in your life and you can't be at peace without it. At any rate if someone is a psychopath because they were born with the condition and they never knew what it's like in the first place then they are truly acting without malice and unaware that they're hurting anyone. It would be the same as if you stepped on an ant without noticing, I can't call it evil, though possibly negligent.
It's also a good thing to prevent people from killing you whenever you can so that you'll prevent them from further damaging their mental health.

>>135687502
If the alternative is killing someone then I see no other choice. I'm not bothered by the slight possibility I might get murdered in my home because it's such a small chance that I might as well be getting worried about getting hit by lightning. It's not like not killing people will significantly reduce your life expectancy, realistically.

>>135687681
I consider death to be bad because I consider life to have a purpose, but even if it didn't have any killing someone is still bad. I'm also against mercy killings for the same reason, even if someone might benefit from it you're still doing a bad thing to yourself by committing the mercy killing.
>>
>>135687712
Laws are there for a reason.
Oh no wait, you called me a retard, so now im going to kill you and the police is going to be totally okay with it.
I don't know who is more of a retard here.
>>
File: ultis.jpg (95 KB, 728x1115) Image search: [Google]
ultis.jpg
95 KB, 728x1115
>>135687698
You people seem to think not everyone can be good. Well then, if you think so lowly of humanity, and of people in general.

When did you forsake yourselves?

If people think not everyone can be good, then I must recant my previous statement, Life is precious.

Life is something that shouldn't be lost to humans, but for those who are unable to lead a life of goodness and follow the examples society leads, and then refuses to change after so much kindness and love, so much compassion is given to them?

After all that, and the person still has not changed. They should be put to death, because if they want to act like animals instead of humans then we will treat them like animals. We will cry over it, we will apologize to the person and their family. Because it will create broken bonds and probably breed hatred.

But people like that are evil and evil should not be allowed to be on earth. Only good should remain here. That is my stand on this.
>>
>>135687763
>There is no basis for humanity
>We're just meatbags
Full materialtard.
>>
>>135687825
Excellent rebuttal. Nice to know you're not afraid to concede the fact that you have no counter-argument. :^)
>>
>>135687882
>you can't be at peace without it
BUT SOCIOPATHS ARE.
You keep saying things about "Mental health", but your metric for mental health values the mentally impaired over the mentally free. Obviously, everyone else is flawed and evil and only the remorseless sociopaths are good and righteous.
>>
>>135687536
>by letting joker get away
Bruce has nothing to do with that. Everyone in Arkham is responsible, the GCPD is responsible, Bruce Wayne is just someone going out his way to make the irresponsibility of the city less harmful to the other innocents of Gotham.

In the future of the animated series in Batman Beyond he's given up, and crime still persists. You can say he's ineffectual, that's sort of true, but people who inexplicably conflate the crime and evil of Gotham to Batman somehow are exactly why evil wins. Its ills will always be shrugged onto the innocent.
>Inb4 those shitty written stories where a writer has Batman go out his way to save Joker due to some contrived plot convenience
Those aren't representative of the characters or anything outside the nonsense in the heads of writers and readers who already assume Bruce is the fulcrum of everything in Gotham. He's Batman to begin with because Gotham inflicted upon him something he and others failed to prevent, he's just a reaction not the cause.
>>
>>135681157
>Why were people even trying to catch Light
Why the fuck wouldn't they? It doesn't even matter if he's using it for "good" or not. Not only is what he's doing illegal, Death Note is literally an extremely easy-to-use weapon of mass destruction that's in the hands of some random moron. That alone is more than enough of a justification to warrant a manhunt.
>>
>>135687931
No shit you are right. I'm one of the relativist fags poking everyone who thinks that morality exists as an objective force.
>>
>>135687901
If you can't kill evil but evil can kill good, it sounds like evil is going to win. Evil obviously holds the advantage here
>>
>>135687888
>Laws are there for a reason.
Yes. As long as they serve people living a moral and righteous life, not the other way around.
>Oh no wait, you called me a retard, so now im going to kill you and the police is going to be totally okay with it.
No because that would be unfair. It's that simple. If you're one of those retards that think there's no such thing as fairness I'm not going to give you a 30 min long lecture as to why you're a retard bathed in retardition from your childhood if you can't grasp such an intuitive principle of divine legitimacy.
>>
>>135688086
>he thinks fairness exists
>when evolution is a proven concept
>on a planet where animals eat one another
>>
>>135688035
Keep fighting the good fight, Comrade.
>>
File: death_note.png (547 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
death_note.png
547 KB, 1920x1200
I would like everyone to keep in mind that "The world's greatest detective" used criminals to help in his investigation.

Literally L had no reason to even challenge Light. This fucker was just a dumbass who wanted to stop someone who was delivering justice to criminals.
>>
>>135687963
Well I can't really view sociopaths with the same framework I use to think about other normal humans, they have a different nature than normal humans so my beliefs about "human nature" don't necessarily apply to them. We can consider them to be like intelligent animals but even animals have some empathy. You can treat them like you would wild bears.
>>
File: presidents-day-vector-usa.jpg (612 KB, 1200x927) Image search: [Google]
presidents-day-vector-usa.jpg
612 KB, 1200x927
>>135688030
What this man did was also illegal you tea suckling limey faggot.
Do something about it.
>>
>>135687424
>if the heaven in hell thing was for real

The anime kind of flubbed this. The manga explains it better. There is no afterlife in the Death Note universe When Ryuk told Light that no human who uses the death note can go to heaven or hell, what he's saying is that you can use the death note without worrying that you're going to damn your soul to hell (because hell doesn't exist).
>>
>>135688149
Your framework is broken if all it takes is somebody not feeling remorse for their actions for them to fall outside of it.
>>
>>135688140
he was chuuni as fuck while Light had actual power at his disposal
fuck everything after L though
>>
File: 1441012375390.jpg (207 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1441012375390.jpg
207 KB, 1280x720
>>135688081
>If you can't kill evil but evil can kill good, it sounds like evil is going to win.

That sounds like it doesn't it? but the thing about good is it can change many evil people. Human's have emotions and good plays on those, people are not born evil, they're taught it. People are born good, and change over time. That's the difference.

Good will always rise above evil, but evil will always strike hard and hinder good for a bit.

I trust my judgement and I stand by Goodness.
>>
>>135688131
>Humans are just meat bags
Full retard
>>
>>135688217
Wow you really are a children's book protagonist.
>>
>>135688175
I would if he wasn't dead.
>>
>>135688203
That's not true, it takes someone with a physically broken brain to not fit into my framework. Someone who is a stone cold killer but otherwise not brain damaged is obviously doing a lot of damage to themselves by living a lifestyle without morality and hurting people.
>>
>>135688224
>implying we aren't
>>
I think people who (need to) believe in absolute values can't stand the thought of a non-fair world (read: neither fair nor unfair).
I'm neither criticizing them nor trying to sound edgy, it's just the impression I have got
>>
>>135688284
But they aren't, by your own admissions. As long as they don't care, they are fine and are living the righteous life.
>>
>>135688209
>he was chuuni as fuck while Light had actual power at his disposal
In L's defense he's a product of his environmet. The Wammy House gave him a lot of resources so as he said he's someone who doesn't like to lose. He's been raised to think he's some sort of special person. Admittedly he's very intelligent, but that doesn't put him the position to play chess with the lives of others.

Not that anything could be done about it since Light indulged that sort of thing to an extent. It's also convenient how the shinigami look down on Earth and probably saw these events but no one bothered to inform the Death God King about Light and Ryuk's antics.
>>
File: tearsinmyeyes.jpg (168 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
tearsinmyeyes.jpg
168 KB, 1440x1080
YOU KNOW WHAT WAS ALSO ILLEGAL. THE AMERICAN WAR OF INDEPENDENCE. COME AND TAKE IT BACK EUROTRASH PRICKS. COME AND TAKE IT BACK.
>>
>>135681157
>Killing criminals in prison where they can't do much
>Not killing the criminals in the government, banks, and corporations who are free to do whatever they wish
He's shit.
>>
>>135688361
Who tells you he didn't?
>>
>>135688287
Well then there was nothing wrong with what Kira was doing. Materialtards gonna materialtard.
>>
File: kumagawas.png (78 KB, 244x275) Image search: [Google]
kumagawas.png
78 KB, 244x275
>>135688241
My life is in no way shape or form perfect. In fact I struggled with depression for a good part of it.

At my new job while I go to college. Customers actually write in and tell my bosses and managers how Kind I am to them, how good my customer service is. How I'm such a optimistic person. I never thought people cared that much before but it made my co-workers angry and jealous and I could see how many didn't even like me to begin with. I am now employee of the quarter and on my way to a promotion.

Long story short, Good is the best path you should take, hell dude. I was my High School's Student Council president.

I chose to give my life to being a good person and nothing but good has followed since, I don't have a girlfriend though. But I have faith that will happen at its own time.
>>
>>135688341
It's not true that they're unaffected. You have to be deeply fucked in order to be able to kill people and not care. Most serial killer I've seen interviewed are emotionally empty shells that can't even be relaxed or laugh. Being able to hurt people without feeling anything is far from being a useful perk.
>>
>>135688241
>Striving to be an idealized form of goodness is bad
This is how we raised generations that made this world half a decent place to live in.
>>
>>135688217
Lmao, sounds like you're copy and pasting this shit from some children's book. Sound as retarded as those wannabe shirou posters.
>>
>>135688353
I actually liked how it all was kicked off by Ryuk being fucking bored
>>
>>135687882
>Someone is trying to murder you
>Your life and those you have to protect are worth less than his
Oh alright. If you want to be a martyr go ahead. Doesn't change that it's retarded.
>>
>>135688086
>Yes. As long as they serve people living a moral and righteous life, not the other way around.
If they don't, nobody accepts them. It's the basis for a law to be this, and self justice is a unquestionble crime.
>>
Keep in mind that Light started to kill lazy people and NEETs. Power corrupts even the good intentioned.
>>
>>135688404
Prove we aren't. Since you're at it, prove there is such thing as good or evil
>>
>>135688325
Why is that? I know the world is unfair, but I don't see the connection. Belief in absolute values is naturally occurring, if you believe in something then you believe it absolutely. If you think that hurting people is evil then you think that's absolute. It's inevitable that we make such judgments, even if we realize that we might be wrong and have skepticism of our own opinions.
>>
>>135688492
>you have to be fucked
But apparently, this fucking allows you to react righteously in all situations. Which is morally good. Your framework is fucked man, maybe you should try revising your moral outlook because it's really, really stupid and self defeating as it stands.
>>135688513
No we raised those generations under threat of war and united them against a common enemy. We gave them something to hate and kill.
>>
>>135688481
Killing someone to protect yourself, your dears or just a bystander is not evil.
>>
File: A true American hero.jpg (97 KB, 799x450) Image search: [Google]
A true American hero.jpg
97 KB, 799x450
>>135688246
His legacy lives on and we are laughing at your people's pasty faces while giving murderers the death penalty. Feels fucking good. When is your queen going to arrest our president?
>>
>>135688576
It's not a matter of worth, I'm not some judge that considers which one is better of dying, the murderer or me and my family. It's not your responsibility to make such choices, anyway. If someone forced you to chop of your arm in order to save an innocent I wouldn't blame you for not doing it. The fault lies entirely with the lunatic that created this fucked up dilemma in the first place.

>>135688640
It's not morally good because you hurt yourself and you hurt others while knowing. Someone who is a killer is aware that they're hurting people they just don't care. This is consistent with my previous statements.
>>
File: Magical_kyoko.png (422 KB, 623x469) Image search: [Google]
Magical_kyoko.png
422 KB, 623x469
>>135688525
I really sound that bad to you? Do I really sound THAT bad?

What have I said that makes it sound like I'm from a children's story book. That I believe true goodness exist and That I'm actually living proof of it?

Life isn't all sunshine and rainbows, but a positive outlook can help make it that way with effort and work.

I have friends who are cynical assholes, I have friends I actually hate. But I deal with them all with a smile on my face because I honor their friendship and respect their character.

True goodness can make life even better, you appreciate what you have and honor those you love. I was a depressed maniac once upon a time ago. I'm not even religious. I just trust my life to being as good a I can be.
>>
>>135688589
No need to. If there is no such thing as good or evil then what Kira did was not evil and there was therefore no reason to stop him.
Checkmate materialists.
>>
>>135688625
Let me rephrase that, I don't mean we shouldn't believe in any values (none of which I consider absolute though), and I agree we sponaneously come to need values, what I was talking about is the belief that there is set of eternal and absolute rules which give life and the world a "positive" value.
>>
>>135688716
>hurt yourself
But you don't, you don't feel any guilt from your actions
>hurt others
Without feeling guilt. Obviously, they must be making righteous actions because they feel no guilt.
>>
File: 1436885081079.png (497 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1436885081079.png
497 KB, 600x800
>>135688646
It is evil, you could use the same methods to actually prevent them from doing any more harm. Going for kill is putting you on the same level as him, you stop him and remove his threat then call the police and wait for them to arrive and they'll take it from there.

Putting the criminal to death doesn't give you satisfaction, him being in jail. Learning what he did was wrong and being re-educated is better than a senseless loss of life.
>>
>>135688360
They don't have to. The Amerilards are willingly giving it up, all on their own.
>>
>>135688796
>wait for the police
"Three found dead from stab wounds in suburban home, the perpetrator is at large"
Police don't operate on instant teleportation you know. Thank god those three lives were selfless enough to martyr themselves so that this criminal would have a chance at redemption.
>>
>>135682399
So much this
>>
>>135688588
He said he was going to do that from the very beginning.
>>
>>135688716
>It's not your responsibility to make such choices, anyway.
It actually is. Or if it's no one's, the state doesn't carry any more legitimacy than the immediate victim.
You also have a duty toward yourself to protect your integrity and those you love if it is unfairly jeopardized. You are not allowed to risk the success of this operation over concerns for the guilty party.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 73

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.