[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I read the Berserk manga
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: berserk souls.jpg (189 KB, 1174x851) Image search: [Google]
berserk souls.jpg
189 KB, 1174x851
I just finished the anime (yeah im kind of late to the party) and that ending, like really what the fuck. Anyway I was wondering if I should read the manga, opinions? Oh and also I was wondering if the manga at least has a better ending (no spoilers please).
>>
>>135675137
Yes, you should read the manga from the beginning, the anime skipped plenty of stuff, and the manga is much better anyway. I'm not sure what you mean by "ending", because a) the anime doesn't even cover 1/4 of the manga, and b) the manga is still ongoing
>>
File: Berserk 29 - 112.jpg (2 MB, 3000x4284) Image search: [Google]
Berserk 29 - 112.jpg
2 MB, 3000x4284
>Not reading the manga first
>>
>>135675137
>watching the berserk anime
>>
>>135675137
Yes. Read it. It's a blast.
>>
>>135675137
Yeah read it from the beginning

It's like one of the best manga created
>>
File: 1450055379977.png (185 KB, 501x501) Image search: [Google]
1450055379977.png
185 KB, 501x501
>>135675137
>Oh and also I was wondering if the manga at least has a better ending
>>
>>135678599

They got off the boat, that was the ending, which is better than the anime ending, which I have not even seen.
>>
I would wait for him to finish the manga.

(basically never)

If you're gonna read it anyways prepare for delays and hiatuses.
>>
>>135675735
there isn't anything wrong with the anime you fucking tard
>>
>>135675735
Yes, the 1997 anime is really fucking good except for the ending. The voice acting is phenomenal(talking about the japanese voices now) and the soundtrack is really fucking amazing aswell. Yes, they skip stuff, but it's still an amazing watch.
>>
>>135681223
I always rather liked the ending of the anime. Yes it's a cliffhanger, but it's also just kind of the logical conclusion to that part of Griffith's character arc. Seeing how he was finally driven to abandon his humanity was tragic, but it felt like he was always doomed to that.
>>
>>135681500
That wasn't the problem, ending with the eclispe and all. The problem was that you didn't see how Guts and Casca managed to survive. Casca is raped by Griffith and then they just cut to Guts equiping his black swordsman armor. That's why the ending was shit, it could have needed another episode.
>>
I wouldn't, if I were you. It's good, but I'm sick of all the fucking prolonged hiatuses. If I had known the releases would be so infrequent, I wouldn't have bothered picking it up years ago.
>>
I read it recently and the story wasn't nearly as far progressed as I thought it would be.
>>
>>135681834
They've been on that fucking boat for 7 years, they finally left it last month. /a/ was in an uproar when it happened
>>
>>135681894
That must have sucked. Those pirates were boring.
But at least there is a mermaid in the posse now.
>>
>>135681586
It would have been kind of weird for some skeleton guy on a horse to just show up out of nowhere. I'm sure they chose to leave that out because they needed to cut stuff and it wasn't crucially important for the part of the story they wanted to tell.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.