[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
They're basically attempted murderers right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
How do you feel about characters that spare/only use non-lethal attacks on enemies that show clear intent to kill them?

Do you think this helps keep the show's atmosphere lighter and more enjoyable or is it something that detracts from the show but is more suitable for younger audiences?
>>
>>135653331
the non-killing of enemy combatants is what marks them as being "good guys." If they started wiping out anyone that raised a hand to them they would be labeled "edgy and grimdark"
>>
>>135653331
Go watch Tears to Tiara if you wanna watch people killing random thugs
>>
>>135653369
I guess. But I don't think that killing someone who tried to axe you and your friends makes you a bad guy either.
>>
Is this the anime with the doujin about the amazons fucking the centaurs they defeated then become slaves to the cock?
Cause that's a good doujin.
Is it a good series?
>>
>>135653331
It's stupid and philosophically retarded to let (mass) murderers go. But yes, it does make it more suitable for younger audiences.
>>
Personally I prefer it when the good guys kill the bad guys. It's just silly that this guy's trying to kill you and yet you're still pulling your punches. There's nothing wrong with killing someone who's trying to kill you. Generally I don't pay it much thought, but if I had to choose I'd say it does detract a little.
>>
>>135653331
>>135653905
They are all Kenshin wannabes, that is why it feels silly and jarring when the policy isn't relevant to them.
>>
If you kill some of them the survivors will be resentful and think that killing is the only solution, since everyone does it, resulting is continued killings.

On the other hand if you just let them run off then they might end up killing someone weaker than you.

It's tricky territory.
>>
>>135654424
The solution of course is to kill every single one of them.
>>
>>135654537
I believe that one of the characters did in fact kill the entire enemy guild through a variety of traps and assassination.

However that was after everyone in her guild except for her was killed - a failed attempt at the same "solution".
>>
dont forget that a lot of the spared attempted murderers eventual idolize the MC and become their underlings in some aspect.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.