[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
7 seeds
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5
Anyone else reading this masterpiece? I'm 10 volumes in and some of the twists have made me feel physically sick.
>>
On the backlog. I try not to follow more than my quota of ongoing manga. Which generally still hits about 200, but lots haven't been updated in ages. A few people here read it I kniow.
>>
>>135639853
It's fantastic, bump it up your backlog, seriously.
>>
>>135639909
Not him but I will.
>>
It's one of my favourites but I don't really like the current arc.
>>
>>135639661
it's my favourite manga.
>>135640905
It's had it's ups and downs for sure. I've liked every chapter that focuses on the side characters, but some of the main cast's plots are a bit bogged down. The last chapter especially was just a bit too fan-service oriented for me.
>>
I recently catched up and it's one of my favorite shoujo. My only complaint is that too many girls order the guys around but I can let it pass.
Also Hana better stick to her boyfriend.
>>
>>135642298
>spoiler

Interesting, personally I never really saw any of the female authority roles as forced. I mean Hana was always going to be miss independent but autumn is lead evenly by the dominant male/female pair and the summer A females never rebelled against Ango until he completely crossed the line. The Summer B team had a female police officer as a guide so of course she was going to boss the group around a little but it's not like she was overly effective at keeping the males in line either.

What made you feel this way?
>>
>>135639661
>10 volumes in
Oh man, you have some great stuff ahead
>>
File: Blender.jpg (22 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Blender.jpg
22 KB, 500x500
>>135642981
>>
File: 30049954_p9.jpg (96 KB, 520x570) Image search: [Google]
30049954_p9.jpg
96 KB, 520x570
>>135642915
Ayu bossing Aramaki, the little girl ordering that guy from team spring around. Oran is the most efficient member of team autumn. The guy who got his gf pregnant is lazy and useless. The guys often make speeches about how their women are strong etc.

Honestly maybe I'm just used to bland shoujo heroines and occasionally browse pol
>>
File: 7Seeds_Vol24_Ch123_052.jpg (23 KB, 186x214) Image search: [Google]
7Seeds_Vol24_Ch123_052.jpg
23 KB, 186x214
>>135643570
it's 2d f@m don't think about real women

Strong women are the most important thing in this setting. Without strong women who can protect themselves and others, the whole purpose of the project to save them would have been useless since all that would happen is their deaths would be delayed slightly
>>
>>135643570
of course the honour bound samurai dude is going to continue following orders and members of summer A are going to have difficulty seeing others as equals, Arimaki pretty much laughs at her though and her attitude isn't presented as a good thing. Not much to say on team Autumn though, they need a bit more focus, but anyone not part of the leading pair has pretty much been a slave for years and has trouble thinking for themselves.

I can see how these might rankle you though if you are sensitive to that kind of thing. I always saw those relationships as being fitting for those characters.

I see the diversity of the cast as one of the manga's great strengths because it isn't just for show and pretty much the whole cast feels important and has agency.
>>
>>135644057
that's a pretty damn good point as well. I really hope the story isn't ending soon so we can one day see the hardships of raising children in this setting. Pretty sure the underdeveloped team autumn couple will be the only window we get into that concept though.

I wonder how people would feel about a time skip once the group settles down?

One of the conflicts I'd love to see in the future would be another country's project finding the seeds and their reactions.
>>
The little roomba bot that imagines itself as a human is cute as fuck

>>135644463
>One of the conflicts I'd love to see in the future would be another country's project finding the seeds
I've been wondering if that is going to happen because in Basara there was one story arc with the Japanese trying to interact with a much more advanced European navy. It seems like something the mangaka is into.
>>
>>135644682
I was thinking about that too, but I think it would ruin the series. The characters are all about their development and interaction with each other while alone in this dangerous world where there is no sign of other human life in Japan. You can't just have a boat full of whittu piggu who come to Japan or something and not utterly destroy how the character dynamics
>>
>>135644893
it would be tough to pull off sure, but each of the seasons got their own introduction and then were integrated into the world pretty seamlessly so I think it would be possible.
>>
>>135644893
It shouldn't and won't happen now, because I feel like we're relatively close to the end, but if this were going to be a huge, thirty-year type series, I could see it working with that extra time to work it in. She's managed to unravel a lot of different plotlines and flashbacks and make it mesh.
>>
>>135642298
>I recently catched up and it's one of my favorite shoujo
It's josei, not shojo.
>>
>>135645104
Those are flashbacks though, the characters are observing the past and having it affect them or they were part of something in the past like Team Winter or Ango's Camp Fun Time. New characters that interact with the cast as it is now would be a foreign element instead of just context or motivation the way 7seeds flashbacks are. It's more weaving something into the story rather than unraveling
>>
>>135645039
I think if they do have other countries show up it should be a timeskip ending. Not an entire timeskip arc, but maybe a couple short stories to round it off like an epilogue.
>>
>>135645773
But Team Winter and Summer A were new characters when those flashbacks happened, and once they'd been established and we were familiarized with them that way, then they got integrated.
>>
>>135646989
Yes, but that has no bearing on the 'present' time. It was just context for those teams which had unique circumstances, it was established that there were only so many teams in Japan. For a new group of survivors from another country to appear would cheapen the cast and their miraculous survival

Also, I don't think it should even be possible to cross the sea
>>
>>135647195
It's not about the bearing on the present, it's about the storytelling allowing for new people and plot detours to be introduced and worked in over time without being "suddenly there are chinks landing on the shore and all the character relationships are completely reshuffled" or something really jarring like that. Again, it's a moot point because we're not heading in that direction, but I don't think it'd be some drastic misstep.
>>
File: SASUGA YUMI.jpg (182 KB, 1033x582) Image search: [Google]
SASUGA YUMI.jpg
182 KB, 1033x582
>>135647440
External conflict doesn't feel right, even if we're past the point where any new characters would come up. Chinks would presumably be a few volumes of us vs them before they get along.

I don't count Summer A as an external conflict because while they killed the last fireman, they were mostly 'fuck off retards' and trying to survive on their own.

Also I hope Yumi has a nice boyfriend or something. Her little doodles in Basara were sad and that was like twenty years ago, she needs some dick
>>
>>135639661
>a thread dedicated to 7 seeds
I didn't think I'd ever see the day. It's one of the greatest post-apocalyptic stories I've ever read. Where the manga really shines is it's characters, by keeping the cast constricted the mangaka freed himself to flesh out each and every character and develop their relationships with one another. I couldn't stop reading it when I first discovered it and to this day I still wish it would be published in america, I would gladly pay full price to show my appreciation to the author.
>>
>>135643305
>that arc
Oh god I had almost forgotten about that sidestory. This series is so damn good even deceased characters are fully fleshed out. Poor mark
>>
>>135648675
That arc was the best part of the whole thing.
>>
>>135648751
>best arc
I'm sorry, the flashback arc was good, but I feel there were others that were better. To me the best arc was the backstory on Team Summer A, lord that shit was intense. Most tragic had to be aramaki's backstory and one of the more interesting was Team Summer B explores an abandoned ship with Ryo and Ango.
>>
>>135648675
>>135649070
I probably should have taken a minute to scribble a red string in that pic because that's what I think of when I think of the blender
>>
>>135649153
OH, that's what you were referring to, ya that shit was fucked up as hell.
>>
The art just puts me off

How do you guys manage ?
>>
>>135649070
Summer A honestly had the weakest arc for me. Battle royale is a lot less interesting than survival against natural causes, and it got overly edgy for my tastes at times.

>>135649246
You just put up with it. It's not like she's the only mangaka who can't draw that well.
>>
>>135649246
That's the biggest complaint about this series, I don't know how, you just let the story consume you.
>>
>>135649225
I want sick gains from taking roids all my life and then eating my buds who were also roiding up but got turned into mulch

>>135649246
Yumi's actually a talented artist most of the time, it just takes a while to get used to how odd it is. Her style is so unique, there could never be a good looking anime based on her work that doesn't scrap her art all together. Any attempts to make it look like her art would look like the Keiji Maeda anime
>>
>>135649291
it isn't exactly that she doesn't draw well, some of her scenery shots are immaculate. It's that her old school shoujo style is so foreign to people.

>>135649246
Even if you hate the art give it a try you'll probably get past it, the story is that good.
>>
>tfw I've been waiting for that kiss in 149 even thought I know it'll go nowhere
>>
>>135640905
What don't you like? I'm fine with it. They're slowly starting to converge.
>>
>>135642298
>spoiler
I never noticed because the interactions felt natural. Anyway this is shoujo, girl heroines are to be expected.

>Also Hana better stick to her boyfriend.
I'm sure they'll end up together but them being so star-crossed despite us having nothing but mostly idealized flashbacks to go on has actually made me want a breakup arc. I'm used to seeing relationships grow naturally and starting to root for the couple from that perspective, like how Aramaki and Hana grew closer gradually made me more interested in their relationship.
>>
>>135651958
It felt really unsatisfying and out of place to do it like that though.
>>
>>135645104
>>135645841
I agree with this. Introducing foreigners anytime soon would be an unwelcome development, but years down the line after they've settled themselves and are living stably? Sign me up.
>>
>>135652150
If we spent this whole fucking time with Hana, Arashi, Ango, Aramaki, Natsu, and Semimaru's developments hinging on Hana and Arashi's relationship and then they broke up, I'd probably kill someone.
>>
>>135652249
Well it wasn't really romantic and the action had some logic to it considering Hana was panicking. I don't doubt it'll have some impact once she calms down and thinks about what she did though.
>>
>>135652270
yeah I think that'd be an ideal post time skip plot if the author decides to go that way.
>>
>>135652377
Just temporarily. Like their dynamic and personalities changed and they need to find their rhythm again, rebuild as a couple from the ground up. I don't want them to meet and just gel together perfectly, smooth sailing all the way.
>>
>>135649471
The Basara anime looks extremely dated, true, but it's kind of endearing.

Maybe I'm just so desperate for a Basara anime that I'll take fucking anything and suck their dicks for free.
>>
>>135652413
There was barely a hint of logic and Hana is supposed to be a seasoned survivalist. Sure she was panicking but it felt out of character.

I also didn't like that it was clearly a fanservice moment with the possibility of minimal impact on the characters. Sure she could have them address it but that plotline would have been more gracefully created if Hana had kissed him out of relief of his revival.
>>
>>135652596
Survival courses don't usually tackle spider sleep-hypnosis, I could buy that it wasn't a normal scenario and she was trying anything that might work.
>>
>>135652437
I don't think Yumi could do it. Maybe she could do it now, but the timeskip gaidens at the end of Basara were weak and didn't really feel like it was a part of the same series the same way the stories about Ageha or the sword holders were
>>
>>135652718
I liked the Basara prequel for the scene at the end, and one where Sarasa and Shuri dealt with his arm and the aftermath. Hayate's story was eh alright too, if only for the part where it's revealed the government was dicking around, I liked the that everything isn't just going to be rosy after the revolution. But everything else, I wasn't really into.
>>
>>135652986
Fuck forgot to mention Ageha's story. Probably my second favorite.
>>
>>135652693
making an unconscious patient drink is inadvisable with a knowledge of basic first aid and even then there was no need to administer it mouth to mouth.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.