[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Evangelion BD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Neon_Genesis_Evangelion[1].jpg (3 MB, 2614x1639) Image search: [Google]
Neon_Genesis_Evangelion[1].jpg
3 MB, 2614x1639
Which 1080p encoding is better for the NGE blurays? [2D4U] or [Sephirotic] ?
>>
2D4U desu
>>
2D4U
>>
2D4U by a mile.
Sephirotic is shit.
>>
Sephirotic because I have a grain fetish
>>
The Sephirotic release is nothing more than a speed release, and it's really inconsistent depending on which episodes he made first: only a few episodes have chapters, subs comes from different source (mostly shit), and other things like that.
He promised a fixed v2 batch, so you can compare the two again in the near future, but as of now the only complete release worth something is the 2D4U one.
>>
>>135636689
Yeah, the subs are the only thing I had a problem with. Hopefully the v2 batch will be better.
>>
>>135635361
>>135636494
>>135636689
What about EoE, which release is the best?
>>
>>135637056
Commie's has better subs (yeah, I know, but it's true), but the image is cropped and they discarded the 2.0 audio track.
Seph's has more or less the same quality with less space occupied, but the two halves of EoE are splitted in two files and subs are again shit.

All in all I prefer the latter with the bloat's subs splitted by an anon in an old thread, but it's a matter of tastes.
>>
>>135637056
Commie
>>
Any comprasion photos?
>>
I'm still looking for a dual audio encode of the movie.
>>
>>135633885
They both attempt to correct for levels and grain in various eps, except that Sephirotic goes about it with crazy devotion and thoroughness. Sephirotic's v2's which are presumed to be the shit are still not out, though. The errors were apparently introduced during the production of the BDs and bring the whole experience away from the original version.

But if you think about it, you can't watch the original broadcast version as it was nor the LDs with DC, which were close to the original in terms of color, as I hear. When you watched it for the first time, it was probably the shitty DVD release which was also all wrong, so the experience is spoiled for you anyway.

Seeing how you cannot get any close to the original no matter what you do, might just as well watch any random release, as they are all equally shit as much as they are all equally good. Of those the 2D4U is the most complete, but I'm personally waiting for Sephirotic's v2's. The fag sure is taking his time, though. Also should be noted that 2D4U fag himself thinks his release is not up to par hence why he hasn't used his usual [EG] label.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.