[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Psycho Pass Movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: Psycho-Pass-Movie.jpg (578 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Psycho-Pass-Movie.jpg
578 KB, 1000x1000
What were your thought on the movie /a/?

I personally thought it was shit. Nothing was resolved in the end. It contributed almost nothing to the series and there was way to much goddamn engrish. Gen is fucking hack
>>
It wasn't anything special, but it can become a valuable piece of a larger PP franchise, if they make more seasons.
>>
>>135617132
it was good
>>
Was there ever an interview where someone explained why they chose to have half the movie be in engrish?
>>
>>135617209
I don't know if they want to make any more at this point. Season 2 was complete garbage and the movie was pretty shit. Pretty much killed the series with the movie.
>>
>>135617337
Good how? With the whole "Oh we were planning all along to kill the bad guys :^)" plot or the horrible overuse of engrish to try to make the movie look cool?
>>
File: Ushouldsmile.jpg (32 KB, 406x406) Image search: [Google]
Ushouldsmile.jpg
32 KB, 406x406
>>135617209
>tfw Psycho-Pass becomes this decade's GITS
>>
>>135617414
Don't use emoticons on /a/.
>>
It's extremely forgettable. I think in retrospect I dislike the second season less, since it at least makes me feel something
>>
>>135617442
except that GITS is good
>>
>>135617607
Its main purpose seems to have been to reconnect the team with the revenge-fag, and do some world-building.
>>
The enjoyable parts of first season were worldbuilding, but after that was done I don't think the series has any appeal left.
>>
File: 1415575001058.jpg (290 KB, 838x1196) Image search: [Google]
1415575001058.jpg
290 KB, 838x1196
>>135617723
You didn't like the cast?
>>
>>135617132
Meh. Kind of unnecessary after that shitty S2.
>>
I enjoyed sexy Akane and cyberpunk, those tank droid designs where fucking awesome.
>>
>>135617795

Well after S1 was done the most enjoyable characters had been either killed or kicked to Cambodia.
>>
>>135617971
Season 1 ended on hints that Sibyl in fact is fairly flawed and it sounded like it was building up to downfall of the system. If nothing else, the sequels could have been built around Akane working on undoing it, instead of what we got.
>>
Was the engrish really as bad as everyone says?
>>
>>135619182
The English was exactly what everyone in the movie said.
>>
>>135618083
But season 1 starts by demonstrating the system's flaws. Very bluntly. Everything after episode 1 was unnecessary for that point.
>>
>>135618083
> the sequels could have been built around Akane working on undoing it,
You failed to understand her. Congratulations, she actually spelled it out. She doesn't want to undo Sybil.
>>
Definitely better than season 2 and arguably better than season 1 depending on what you value in the series and overlook engrish as a natural part of any anime.
>>
>>135619443
It's natural normally, but when 50% of the dialogue in the movie is engrish, it's not natural anymore.
>>
>>135617132
I personally think that the movie's only purpose is for Gen to save the franchise from being complete horseshit because PP2.
>>
>>135619493
I mean when I expect engrish in anime I assume it will be bad so I don't mind it as much.
>>
The movie was at least an interesting way of spending 2 hours. Better than an average seasonal anime. It wasn't great, something that felt like a movie with higher standards. I think of it kind of like a really long OVA.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.