[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kyoukai no Kanata
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: knk.jpg (113 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
knk.jpg
113 KB, 1280x720
What went wrong?
>>
>>135570355
It's moeshit.
>>
>>135570355
you were born
>>
>>135570355

No Figmas.
>>
>>135570355
No substance.
>>
Nothing.
>>
File: 1386785125908.jpg (142 KB, 1241x1893) Image search: [Google]
1386785125908.jpg
142 KB, 1241x1893
What do you mean?
>>
>>135570407
nice meaningless buzzword
>>
>>135570355
KyoAni should stop doing fujotrash and start focusing on being good again.
>>
File: fujimilk.jpg (43 KB, 457x363) Image search: [Google]
fujimilk.jpg
43 KB, 457x363
>>135570355
I hoped Fujimilk would turn out to be a good guy, sent by Aki's mom to protect him and thus recruiting Sakura to kill Mirai (as he was aware of Izumi using Mirai to kill Aki) and Izumi being the main evil (human) boss. Would've made it much better at least for me, but oh well. Overall I liked it, a great step outside of KyoAnis recent comfort zone, and I hope to see more anime like that from them in the future (bigger parts for adults (maybe even exclusively), no school setting (it was nearly irrelevant in KnK), darker themes with more serious consequences).
>>
>>135570355
OP went wrong
>>
Everything
>>
>>135570827
>They should do only things I like
>>
>>135570355
It doesn't do anything badly, but it doesn't do anything particularly well either.

I can barely remember the plot details actually. It's enjoyable though, and Mirai a cute.
>>
>>135570355
It's kyoani
>>
>>135570955
>KyoAni gives us a good looking oji-san
>kills him off pathetically

Well, at least we got some nice action out of it all.
>>
>>135570355
>What went wrong?

the characters were weird any the story was boring. it was really pretty though
>>
>>135570355
It was so fucking boring.
>>
File: mirai is too much.gif (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
mirai is too much.gif
3 MB, 480x270
>>135570355
The Light Novel source material.

This franchise is targeted a more juvenile demographic, hence all the melodrama and nonsense plot. The direction of the show was gorgeous, and it was almost enough to overcome all of the problems with the simplistic characters, it even almost successfully obfuscates the many cliches in the story. But once your main pairing starts dying and coming back to life multiple times, then you're just pandering to the lowest common denominator.

Look to the movie for the truth. Once running time is limited, all the pretense of this being a living, breathing world is sacrificed. There are no longer the small character moments that gave you a bit of hope, there are no longer engaging backdrops that the story is set upon. It's just a soap opera for nip teenagers, struggling to fit in as much of the main characters crying as it can. Constant histrionic waves of blind emotion bombarding the audience. If I were a fourteen-year-old Japanese girl I would probably eat this shit up like so much buffy the vampire slayer.

The direction of this show deserves nothing but the highest praise, at least for the series. They polished the turd of that source material to a miraculous sheen. They took that pandering light novel schlock further than it ever had any right to go. But at the end of the day, they know who this cliche crap was written for.

I honestly love the execution of this show, if not its actual substance. I still get fucking chills when I think about the ED coming in before the credits actually start to roll, even from that tiny detail. But I'm a sucker for strong direction.
>>
File: 1386212193641.jpg (1 MB, 1778x5000) Image search: [Google]
1386212193641.jpg
1 MB, 1778x5000
>>135574607
>They polished the turd of that source material to a miraculous sheen.

Well said, anon. You basically summed up everything I was thinking but was too dumb to actually put down.

And the god-tier ED probably saved the whole show. A little disappointed that it didn't make a comeback in the movie.
>>
>>135570355
megane
>>
>>135574607
The drama in the movie really was insane. That scene with Mirai and MC under the sakura trees at night with ridiculously intense emotion and constant crying and anguish. I kind of respect that aesthetic
>>
>>135574797
I wasn't really surprised. It really felt like the movie retained almost none of the positive elements of the show. Honestly I'm kinda glad, it feels like those things would have just been cheapened by including them in the movie.

>>135575182
You mean the scene in the park, right? Yeah, that was like the only effective sequence in the movie, it's really just about the only thing I remember. The whole scene where she finally forces him to reveal all this stuff to her, and she does the crazy blood attack thing. If they had focused the drama into way tighter scenes like that, then it could have worked.

But as it was, the whole movie was just smeared with melodrama. In probably half the scenes one of the two of them is crying. Add to that the awkward limited scope of the movie, where it's just a weird retread of the plot from the series, and the fact that the whole thing felt like a really heavy episode of power rangers where the pink ranger deals with her dead mom issues, and I just couldn't take it seriously.
>>
Nothing. It was beautiful.
>>
Since youmu are a manifestation of negative human emotion, I had honestly thought Akihito's sadness created a Mirai youmu at the end and so it was creepy as fuck to me.

Kind of like the end of Pet Sematery.
>>
File: 1399668417508.jpg (105 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1399668417508.jpg
105 KB, 1920x1080
The character designs are way cute, I'm hoping they would be reused some other day
>>
The plot needs a little work but everything else was perfect.
>>
>>135570355
Idol episode
>>
>>135577819
I got you samefag-kun, you're not getting away from me this time
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.