[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel sick
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: VmQL17o.jpg (150 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
VmQL17o.jpg
150 KB, 1920x1080
I feel sick
>>
Am I the only one that finds it odd knowing they used crosses and referenced crucifixion a lot, yet it is only due to aesthetics?
>>
>>135534318
Get a doctor
>>
>>135534318
You should.

>>135534384
It's weird, but Japs always do that with everything. You get used to it.
>>
File: 1279222618444.jpg (195 KB, 596x940) Image search: [Google]
1279222618444.jpg
195 KB, 596x940
>>135534318
jesus hiroshima stop tryharding
>>
>>135534318
I haven't really been following, but are we not getting blu rays of the series and EoE?
>>
>>135534384
Because it's bullshit. They really did their research, all the symbolism in the show makes sense, it's not haphazard at all, like you'd expect it would be if they were just throwing shit in to look cool. Prime example is the glyph on the floor of the dummy plug plant, it's an obscure symbol from an occult book for the containment of souls. That's not coincidence, it's not a random cool looking symbol.
>>
>>135534748
Didn't they take most of their symbolism from Gnosticism, which was pretty much just Scientology of the late antiquity era?
>>
気持ち悪い
>>
>EOPs actually think "I feel sick" is a good approximation of "気持ち悪い"
I (笑) every time.
>>
>>135534318
We did it Asuka.
We reached the End of Evangelion...
>>
>>135534869
Yeah, most of the symbolism they took makes sense in the contexts that they use it though.
>>
>>135534987
Totally took me out of the movie. Did they really have to end on a title drop?
>>
>>135534748
Yeah, but that's as far as it goes. Elements taken out of their context, just references.

A lot of these references are to systems of thought of various sorts, and people get confused when they're used only in part.

Looking up some weird old religion or legend, then taking random cool parts and putting them in your work is fun and interesting, but that's all it is.

Eva is a pretty special case, because the subject matter is closely related to some traditional Christian themes. They also did good research, as you said. However, the final message is the typical message of final self-determination, which is fundamentally incompatible with Christianity.

More annoying than that is how they shove in a bunch of different related religions, etc., like >>135534869 said, along with mythical or apocryphal figures like Lilith along with references to more standard religion.

Basically, they don't respect the systems and their differences (because it's irrelevant to being cool).
>>
Is there anything worse than Christianity spergs? We get it, you're insane and think the earth is flat, quit going on about it.
>>
>>135535036
>self-determination, which is fundamentally incompatible with Christianity.
Are atheistfags really this dumb?
>>
>>135534318
All of humanity becoming one unified life form. I think it's beautiful.
>>
>>135534318
What did she mean by this?
>>
File: 1436322170582.png (431 KB, 542x595) Image search: [Google]
1436322170582.png
431 KB, 542x595
>>135535051
>>
>>135535079
FINAL self-determination, not just normal self-determination.
>>
>>135534318
now I miss moot, fuck you Hiroyuki
>>
>>135535103
I'd rather be a fedora-tipping edgelord than lick the boots of death, born out of fear
>>
>>135535152
Don't even know what you just said, but it sounds edgy as fuck so >>>/reddit/

>>135535114
Self determination is still self determination. Shinji decided to follow his own path and reject instrumentality, but Eva still had gods. Even Christians can decide to live life how they wish to, their god isn't telling them what to do outside of believing that he exists and rejecting degenerates.
>>
>>135535196
>Don't even know what you just said, but it sounds edgy as fuck so >>>/reddit/
Chill bruh, it was just a Jethro Tull reference
>>
>The most widely circulated translation of the last line of EoE [End of Evangelion] is "I feel sick," but Amanda Winn Lee (Rei Ayanami's English voice actor and director of End of Evangelion) said she asked several translators, and she felt "disgusting" was the most accurate adaptation. You could say she is disgusted with/sick of the situation or with Shinji himself. My favorite explanation though, is this one: My husband, Matt Greenfield, directed the TV series and is very familiar with the whole Eva franchise. Matt has said that although (Eva creator) Hideaki Anno seems to change his mind frequently about what various things mean in Eva, Anno once said that Asuka's comment about feeling "sick" was a reference to morning sickness. Now THAT gives ya something to think about, doesn't it! Of course, Anno is quite passionate about the idea that every person should decide for him or herself what Eva means to them.
-Tiffany Grant
>>
>>135535322
Based Amanda Winn Lee. It is a disgrace they couldn't get her back for rebuilt, she is and always will be the true Rei Ayanami.
>>
>>135534445
>DOCTOR whit Doctorate or Medic?
>>
The meaning of the final scene is obscure,[14][15] and has been controversial.[16][17] According to an episode of the Japanese anime show Anime Yawa aired March 31, 2005 on NHK's satellite TV, Asuka's final line was initially written as "I'd never want to be killed by you of all men, absolutely not!" or "I'll never let you kill me." ("Anta nankani korosareru nowa mappira yo!") but Anno was dissatisfied with Miyamura's renditions of this line.[18] Eventually Anno asked her a question which described what he was going for with this scene:

"Concerning the final line we adopted, I'm not sure whether I should say about it in fact. At last Anno asked me 'Miyamura, just imagine you are sleeping in your bed and a stranger sneaks into your room. He can rape you anytime as you are asleep but he doesn't. Instead, he masturbates looking at you, when you wake up and know what he did to you. What do you think you would say?' I had been thinking he was a strange man, but at that moment I felt disgusting. So I told him that I thought 'Disgusting.' And then he sighed and said, 'I thought as much.'"
-W@k#p*d+a
>>
>>135535322
I'm beginning to think there are more interpretations of this show than the bible
>>
>>135535548
Well, it is the Neon Genesis.
>>
>>135535689
At this point I'm willing to believe she is pregnant without having sex because she's the next virgin Mary because it's a religious reference so why not
>>
>>135534318
It's "Disgusting"
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.