[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the one piece anime actually bad or do people suggest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: 1442410823-dao-hai-tac.jpg (392 KB, 1600x600) Image search: [Google]
1442410823-dao-hai-tac.jpg
392 KB, 1600x600
Why is the one piece anime actually bad or do people suggest people to read the manga because you can get caught up faster?
>>
The anime has a lot of filler. Like half of it.
>>
>>135487290
the anime is bad now because the animation is literally garbage and the pacing is slow
>>
God-awful pacing and animation. Toei puts no effort into the anime and just shits out episodes with no effort to milk it.
>>
>>135487395

Was it ever good?
>>
Horrid pacing where 1 chapter = 1 episode. They add stupid shit like for example: let's say a character dies in the manga, you'll get one small panel of a character crying, screaming their name while the chapter ends. Whereas in the anime, you'll see and hear a 1 minute crying scene that sounds like an orgasm, close ups of every character crying and a montage of flashbacks of the character that amounts to 5 minutes. Then in the next episode, you're forced to watch it again in a 5 minute recap.

Still though, I'd recommend watching the anime for 200-250 episodes. It's not that bad up until after the Enies Lobby arc. It's dogshit right now. It's worth it for the sound direction alone.
>>
it ranges from covering 1 manga chapter per episode to only covering half of a chapter in an episode.

this makes it mind-numbingly boring to watch weekly. if you have multiple episodes to watch back to back, it's a bit better, but you're still watching 26 min per episode filled with shitty slow pacing.
>>
>>135487396

They put effort in when they want to, like with the Senor Pink episode.
>>
>>135487368
That's wrong tho.
>>
>>135488271
That's how it was for the first 300 episodes that I watched at least. If you've watched all 573 episodes, please correct me.
>>
>600+ episodes

How the fuck do people do it?
>>
>>135487290
That's one bad logo photoshop.
>>
>>135487368
not really filler. mostly its canon shit but drawn out mercilesly.
>>
>>135489096

Most of the ways they draw stuff out is with implied filler.
>>
>>135487290
People complain about filler or the slow pace, but what is Toei supposed to do? Oda releases like 30 chapters a year and with that the story can't go forward.
>>
>>135488603
I'm actually up to date with the anime, and it really doesn't have that much filler. A quick google search reveals there's exactly 97 filler episodes out of the 700 and something, not even close to half.
>>
>>135487290
both
>>
Only watch the anime if you are up to date on the manga and you are still desperate to see it animated.
>>
>>135489239

If you watched the anime, you'd know that it's not neatly divided up into filler and non-filler episodes.
>>
I've seen 600+ episodes of One Piece, and while it does have really good moments, they are separated by a pretty large amount of slow paced episodes with less than ideal animation compared to a 12 or 24 episode show, which is to be expected.
>>
>>135489653
Do you mean the dragged out scenes? Sure, they're annoying but they're usually based off of canon material prolongued so that they can fill up the 20 minutes with something so it's not really filler. Or do you mean something else?
>>
>>135489238
>Oda releases like 30 chapters a year and with that the story can't go forward.

Then do one 13-episode season per year. No Roger's execution/Luffy wants to be the pirate king, regular intro and outro, no 4-minute recap of last episode, no shitty and uncreative padding. Rotate the time slot with Toei's other seasonal shows like Digimon, Saint Seiya, Pretty Cure, etc..

Toei's jew economics probably justify themselves, but the massive One Piece fanbase might actually buy the BDs if they only had to dole out cash for one good quality season per year.
>>
>>135489583
This.
>>
File: bride nami.jpg (203 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
bride nami.jpg
203 KB, 1366x768
>>135490278
In the most recent One Piece episode there was yet another young doffy flash back that went on for several minutes. When scenes are prolonged based off of panels to this degree things will be said by characters that weren't actually said, things will happen that didn't actually happen -- that or the pacing will be ass slow. Often both.

You don't have to be as picky about it as I or other fans are, but at the end of the day what's truly canon is only what Oda creates or claims is canon, and that's the way a lot of people like to enjoy and analyze the series as it's only this which will be crucial to the characters and story in the long-run.
>>
>>135490278

It's not just prolonged, they add in or guess at material that was only implied to happen in the manga. Sometimes it's a character moving from one place to another, sometimes it's a character attacking another character, sometimes it's whole mini-fights. In any of those cases it's an example of clear filler showing up during episodes that aren't designated as filler episodes.
>>
>>135491142
>>135491605
>>135491142
Guess I'm just not as picky about it, then. Usually this new content adds to the character in my opinion but I see why people would find it annoying. Let's just all agree that the manga is better
>>
>>135491866
>Let's just all agree that the manga is better
Easily done

Enjoy the Zou arc as it goes on and 2016 anon
>>
>>135487290
The anime is fine. The pacing is what i'm worried about but One Piece anime is suffering the same problems as Original DBZ so meh.
>>
>>135487368
No, Naruto has a lot of filler. One Piece has a lot of pacing problems and drawn out chapters into episodes
>>
File: robinwhy.jpg (86 KB, 500x604) Image search: [Google]
robinwhy.jpg
86 KB, 500x604
People are gonna post a huge wall of text of "well animated scenes in dressrosa". Maybe some Webms too. About 80% of those are actually good, and this is me being generous. Then of those 80% most of them are small moments where the budget kicks in and the rest is garbage. You will be watching a bunch of shit for just a few minutes of good animation.

You can see tons of blogs/albums on imgur/forum posts/image sequences whatever your pick made showing moments where the characters are horrendously drawn. While it's fine to do goofy things with anatomy for in-betweens, it is absolutely unacceptable for keyframes/holds (aka the moments that are still and no major movements are going on).

If you wanna watch the anime, go for it, but just realize it's a completely different experience to the manga.

You'll also be missing out on cover stories, which are important to the plotline as well.

I do have to give credit where it's due: the best thing the anime has going for it is voice acting, and arguably the soundtrack (the character's theme songs are pretty good). Some openings are great as well.

I say do both if you want to, just don't do anime-only because then you're just an idiot.
>>
File: 7nPIzZg.jpg (22 KB, 375x305) Image search: [Google]
7nPIzZg.jpg
22 KB, 375x305
>600 episodes

riiight
>>
>>135487786
I don't know about the general consensus but I felt the animation was good until time skip happened and then everything went to shit
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.