[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does anime have so much better female characters than women
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: 1447877611308.jpg (182 KB, 700x990) Image search: [Google]
1447877611308.jpg
182 KB, 700x990
Why does anime have so much better female characters than women in western media?
>>
File: Cucked.jpg (52 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Cucked.jpg
52 KB, 640x480
Feminism is laughed at by East Asians even more so by the women.
>>
>>135460998
because western (yanks) need to take the SJWs and the "Muh-soh-guh-neh" femnazis into account.
>>
They dont.
Most of the female characters are just shallow fanservice in animes and LNs. Compare that to glorious novels/movies/books europe has produced you get BTFO
>>
>>135460998
Better than who? I only see dolls for beta single males
>>
File: kafuka_not_interested_real_.jpg (35 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
kafuka_not_interested_real_.jpg
35 KB, 720x480
>>135461236
This, to be Senpai.
>>
>>135461151
But all my favorite females are ones that would or should be held up as great examples of writing women.
>>
>>135461236
>novels/movies/books
Nah mate. If you want to compare western books and movies, you should do it with japanese movies and books. Those have well written female characters aswell.
However OP is probably wanted to compare females characters in anime with similar wester media like comic books and maybe games. Those female characters are too boyish in my opinion so i prefer the cute and girly ones in anime.
>animes
The plural of anime is just anime newfriend.
>>
>western women
>hurr durr strong
>snarky
>feisty girl that is popular in class and still falls in love with the MC (monster teen literature)
>girl next door
>damaged goods girl
>eastern women
>tough career woman
>tomboyish girl that can banter
>tsundere
>dere dere childhood friend
>dandere
>>
>>135461164
>I BET THE JEWS DID THIS
>>
>>135460998
It doesn't. Please watch more movies.
>>
>>135460998
Hollywood are more concerned with making strong female characters than likeable female characters. They're usually just cold bitches but at as long as they beat the bad guy up the audience likes it.
>>
>>135460998
Character designers have narrowed down what makes boners tick to a fault.
>>
Anime studios are not limited by the need to try to portray something realistic, so they can make good female characters as a result
>>
>>135462343
So 2D > 3D.
>>
>>135460998

Because the West follows the leftist dictum of turning women into men. Japan makes feminine women characters, even if they are asskicking mages/ninjas/samurai women/etc.
>>
>>135462595
Of course
3D is PD for a reason
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.