[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Differences Between Ghost in the Shell Uncensored vs Censored
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: ghost-in-the-shell.jpg (472 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ghost-in-the-shell.jpg
472 KB, 1920x1080
This is in relation to a previous thread. Me and other anons were trying to hunt down the scans of the Dark Horse 2004 (second edition) release of the original Ghost in the Shell manga vol. 1. This is the uncensored release.
Publication Date:
October 06, 2004
Format:
SC, 368pg, b&w w/color, 6" x 9"
ISBN-10:
1-59307-228-7
ISBN-13:
978-1-59307-228-5

No one turned up any scans of the actual second edition. We did however find scans of the first (censored edition) with the addition of 2 pages that are omitted from this version. This is a good alternative to the actual second edition, but I'd like to know if there are any other differences between the censored and uncensored versions.
>>
>>135442012
Shirow rewrote the pages before the ommited ones to make it make sense.
>>
>>135444077
Yeah, I know, but I'd still like to read the uncensored version and find out if there are any other differences.
>>
File: Ghost_in_the_Shell_p060.jpg (1 MB, 2048x2938) Image search: [Google]
Ghost_in_the_Shell_p060.jpg
1 MB, 2048x2938
>>135442012
this one? I thought this was normal release
>>
>>135444166
Far as I'm aware that should be it.
>>
>>135444348
I don't know for sure, I don't have both releases to compare, but I believe that is omitted from the censored version. Can you link me to the source?

>>135444364
Ok, thanks. How do you know, just out of curiosity? Have you read both versions?
>>
>>135444476
I've only seen the uncensored one but this change is also the only I've ever seen mentioned anywhere. It's possible that there are others but I doubt you're the first person to think to look for them.
>>
>>135444623
True.
>>
>>135444476
I haven't read the censored version or the japanese version to compare

but here's the link to the /co/ rips

google Ghost in the Shell (1995) (null-DCP).cbz

4chan thinks the link is spam
>>
>>135446004
get the one from usercloud
>>
>>135446004
>>135446035
Downloading now. I believe this is the same as the version someone linked before. It is actually the 1st edition, just modified. It's not actually the second edition. I will confirm once the dl finishes.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.