[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kara no Kyoukai 5 : Paradox Spiral
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
I dare you to name a better anime movie than this.

Pro tip : You can't
>>
Stop making shitty rec threads.
>>
Yeah, gore is so cool
>>
>>135436070
ntr?
>>
>>135436743
5 was pretty light on gore.
>>
>>135436070

another one of these?

Oh well, I love the shit out of KnK but the haruhi movie was better. Unless you looked into the Nasuverse lore, magic mechanics of the universe, and go out of your way to read the novels or go to the wikis, it is somewhat hard to follow for an initial watch. Just watching the haruhi series you can understand everything. Lastly, best character development I have ever scene for Kyon a a little for Nagato.
>>
>>135436070
I can't. I also can't name a scene better than that pic.
>>
>>135437103
But rewatching and putting things together is half the fun.

Also I find it funny you mention Haruhi considering it was aired out of order, I doubt the people initially watching fully knew what was going on either.
>>
The 5th movie had some really shitty pacing, not even the best KnK movie. The only reason it's not the worst one is because movie 6 exists.
>>
>>135437399
>shitty pacing
Explain further
>>
>>135437399
You serious? It had the best pacing by far. 2 and 7 dragged too long at certain parts to create atmosphere. 4 was way too long for what it was. 6 was too short. 1 and 3 were OK.
>>
>>135437438
Comparing to the LN, the pacing was just awfully done. The shiki segments dragged on for too long instead of focusing on what she thought and up until 60% of the movie it felt repetitive, and not like it was intended to be. From that point on it was okay.
Don't get me wrong, the movie content isn't bad, only the pacing fucks up the first half of it.

>>135437449
2's pacing was just fine, no problems with it.
I agree that the pacing in 7 dragged on for too long, but at least it was more interesting than movie 5 which suffered from the same thing.
6 was too short because the adaptation was utter trash and the only area it didn't suck at was the soundtrack.
>>
1st was not needed
2nd didnt need to not be 1st
3rd was not needed
4th was boring
5th is stuck in the middle but still the best
6th i still dont understand why they told that story
7th was boring and the killer not wanting to kill our protagonists was lame
epilogue was 2deep4u
8th was surprisingly not shit
>>
>>135438392
I think you missed the entire point of the story.
>>
>>135436070
The schizophrenic in media res thing was annoying and added nothing
>>
>>135437687
To be fair 5 was pretty hard to adapt because of the novel's non-linear structure, although I do agree that they focused too much on the Shiki parts and even left out some important details of the Mikiya parts
>>
vampire hunter d
>>
>>135436070
It wasn't that good anyway.
>>
>>135438482
That really messed up the pacing, because they dragged that on for too long and when they had to show the other part of it they just dealt with it way too quickly. And the fact that they dragged that on for half the movie nearly put me off the rest of the series if I didn't decide to read the LN.
>>
Angel's Egg, wow that was easy
>>
>>135438392
You're life isn't needed.
>>
>>135438586
It didn't felt dragged out to me, it just felt like they rushed the Tomoe and Mikiya parts.
>>
>>135438586
>>135438927
I'm glad I read the novels, tho. I hate how much they butchered 6 to have a breather before the finale
>>
>>135438995
Same here, I read them after 5 so when I got around to watching 6 I realized how much of a shit job they really did. I thought /a/ was exaggerating but it really was a complete shit job.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.