[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the hell did Asuka live in the end of The End of Evangelion?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
File: Asuka3.jpg (122 KB, 1024x1766) Image search: [Google]
Asuka3.jpg
122 KB, 1024x1766
How the hell did Asuka live in the end of The End of Evangelion?
As far as I remember she was killed during the battle with mass production evas.
Did LCL heal her or something?
Or was it just the Eva-02 that was destroyed and Asuka survived inside the pod?
>>
I don't know if you're for real or if this is bait.

Everyone died and got absorbed into LCL, then those who wanted to be independed entities (Shinji, Asuka) crawled out.
>>
Rei tanged her before she died and then she reconstructed herself from the tang lake.
>>
>>135424906
Shinji was the only person that wasn't LCL'd, you can see his body falling from the tube into the lake
>>
>>135424906
>>135424924
Thanks.
This is not bait by all means
I was really tired when i was watching the movie, I guess I need to rewatch it
>>
>>135424794
Jesus saved her.
>>
>>135424955
I still think he was LCL'd, otherwise the last 10 minutes of EoE with Kaoru, Rei sitting on top of him and going literally through his body etc wouldn't have happened.
>>
>>135424979
Okay then, it happens, anon.
EoE is very rewatchable anyways, so that's not a bad idea.
>>
>>135425016
He wasn't LCL'd because he never loses his self during the process. He was indeed part of instrumentality but from a privileged vantage point, thanks to Rei.
>>
>>135425066
Hm. Never thought of it this way, but I guess it's true now that you say it.
>>
I think it's interesting how she re-imagined herself with a broken arm and missing eye

that's how real the attacks must have felt to her
>>
>>135424794
There is no place for shit in heaven so Shinji and Asuka had to go back to earth.
>>
>>135425820
the attacks were fucking real
>>
>>135426434
She didn't actually get her arm split open or her eye destroyed, that's just what it felt like since she was connected to the eva
>>
File: 1451318092469.png (51 KB, 224x400) Image search: [Google]
1451318092469.png
51 KB, 224x400
>>135426355
>>
>>135426355
>>135426602
Quality posts anons
>>
>>135426654
>no fun allowed.png
>>
>>135424955
Even if he didn't, the reason his body didn't turn into tang would be because he rejected instrumentality, although the implication is that he actually did get tanged but came out of it anyway.

Basically all of the dead characters are the same. They were tanged just after they died or just before, so their consciousness still live on. It is up to each individual person to rise from the LCL and live in the "real" world, or to continue to live in instrumentality. That was the entire point of the ending, how could you miss that?
>>
>>135424794
Asuka along with Shinji were the only two people in all of humanity who didn't want to merge into a giant collective consciousness. That was my interpretation anyways.
>>
>>135424794
just watch Eva 1.11,2.22 & the glorious 3.33
>>
>>135427241
it's a visual representation of what she's feeling you retard
>>
>>135427356
Look at the blood pouring out of her eyes when Eva 02 got speared in the head. It's not 1-to-1 but she does suffer real physical damage during that scene.
>>
>>135427356
No It fucking wasn't.
>>
>>135427356
>>135427241
Not that anon, but in the Rebuilds Shinji got bandages on his hand after they were hurt badly from catching the falling angel
>Inb4 Rebuilds don't matter
I know they do have a different canon (like angels exploding in a fountain of blood), but I do think that it was always intended to have the damage the evas receive be transmitted to its pilot.
Just like when Rei's veins get all weird when she absorbs that flying worm alien.
Also when Asuka got her eva's eye poked, there was comming a lot of blood out of her own eye.

Of course this only happens as long as you have a high synchro rate. That's why they try to cut it everytime the pilot is in critical danger. Asuka's synchro rate was probably high as fuck at that point so she got fucked up pretty badly.

At least that's what I think. Seeing as there is very little detail inside the cut, it could just as well be merely a visual representation, though I always thought of it as real damage.
>>
What's the best download of the Eva blu ray? Is it 2D4U?
>>
>>135427515
yeah, and in one cut later she's covering her eye, but there's no blood anywhere

it's not real
>>
>>135427616
the raw, you mongoloid
>>
>>135426511
But that's wrong. The lance actually caused her damage.
>>
>>135424794
Asuka was NOT killed when Unit 2 was destroyed. You clearly see her wrapped in bandages meaning she was receiving medical treatment just before 3rd impact happened.

As for her being there at the end. People can choose to come back to their original form from the TANG if they want to. Shinji and Asuka were the first ones to do so.
>>
>>135427997
>she was receiving medical treatment

By whom?
>>
>>135428098
tang
>>
>>135428223
wow that actually makes sense

I always assumed she died and Rei brought her back to life and put her into instrumentality.

But her surviving that stuff sound unlikely as well.

Mayas reaction also suggests that Asuka died.

I don't know what to think anymore, fucking Anno.
>>
>>135427997
>medical treatment just before 3rd impact happened
That's a hard no, if she were recovered from the plug there's no Nerv left but the bridge crew and the JSSDF are shooting pilots on sight. Then the whole Geofront is ripped out of the ground. She materialized gauze from the soup or it was put on her when she crawled out.
>>
>>135427616
That, or the platinum perfect dvd collection
>>
File: IneedYou.jpg (49 KB, 791x408) Image search: [Google]
IneedYou.jpg
49 KB, 791x408
>>135428098
>>135428811
It's an obvious yes. Not all of NERV was shot up, there were other survivors. Besides how do you explain this? Shinji comes back wearing the same clothes he was wearing in Eva Unit 1. Asuka comes back wearing her plug suit and bandages. This can only be explained by her receiving medical treatment just before 3rd Impact. Asuka wiped out just about all of the UN forces attacking NERV in Unit 2. Thus there wouldn't be any around to shoot her on sight.
>>
>>135431410
The MP Evas tore unit 2 to buts and probably Asuka too, your idea is not good l
>>
>>135431410
Movie's full of empty clothes left behind in orange puddles and it never worked like that, they just recompose wearing what they feel like they should be.
>>
>>135431638
Perhaps she ejected. Eva's plugs can do that. Or perhaps while being torn apart the plug got tossed aside.

>>135432373
So Asuka felt like she should be wearing bandages? I don't think so.
>>
>>135432512

Not that anon, but yes, she was deeply injured, maybe she thought of herself with the bandages.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.