[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you excited for the dub release of one of Ghibli's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 768x433) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 768x433
Are you excited for the dub release of one of Ghibli's greatest achievements?

http://youtu.be/5gSKk-wwLsY
>>
>>135421168
No, I don't watch filthy dubs.
>>
There is literally nothing wrong with GKIDS.
>>
>>135421168
Who cares? Only Yesterday was shit, what a snore fest.
>>
File: image.jpg (139 KB, 1280x692) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139 KB, 1280x692
>>135421719
That's some pineapple taste you've got there.
>>
>>135421168
No
>>
Spirited Away was huge in 2011.

This will be even bigger. /a/ will hate it, but will still watch and love it along with all the normies.
>>
>>135421905
>This will be even bigger.
No it wont.
>>
File: A0eCGpO.jpg (244 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
A0eCGpO.jpg
244 KB, 1024x683
>>135421924
>[citation needed]
Checkmate.
>>
Theater release will be nice. It's rare to see a Takahata film screened that isn't Grave of the Fireflies.
>>
>>135422033
In my country they released Kaguya in some theaters.
>>
>>135421719
Unfortunately, you're right. If the actual film was anything like the trailers of it make it out to be like, I would be the first to praise the fuck out of it and declare it Ghibli's greatest work, if not flat out the best anime ever. But the actual movie is a nostalgia infested slog adapting material with no great ambition and re-purposing it into something else. I don't even have a problem with it being a slice of life in principal, but the way the adult and child parts contrast with each other doesn't quite work or turn into anything compelling.

It never ceases to surprise me how awesome all the trailers make it look though, like it's really going to be this deep introspection into this woman's life and all the drama and psychological exploration entailed by that. But it's barely anything, even though I actively want to love it. It feels like it has all this untapped potential that it never amounts to.
>>
Hooray for Disney ™ and Star Wars ™ bringing this original masterpiece to us!
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.