[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Boring Shit: The Animation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 10
Boring Shit: The Animation
>>
>>135378441
Edgy Post: The Animation
>>
>>135378441
sure is underage ADHD in here
>>
>Age 14: The OP
>>
File: do you enjoy being a faggot.jpg (62 KB, 516x339) Image search: [Google]
do you enjoy being a faggot.jpg
62 KB, 516x339
>>135378441
>>
People are going to call you a troll (and call me a samefag), but yes Jin-Roh was fucking boring.
>>
>>135378441
it was good
ur gay
>>
File: 1436218784669.jpg (318 KB, 640x3808) Image search: [Google]
1436218784669.jpg
318 KB, 640x3808
>>135378490
>>135378527
>>135378573
>>135378615
>>135378823
Okay then smart guys what was so good about the movie?

Literally what it all was:
>political drivel that does nothing but serve as an artificial backdrop
>hardass MC too numb for feelings and emotions except for the last scene which was sudden and contrived
>jarred pacing
>excessive "expository" scenes and shots with no purpose other than taking up film time (pic related)

The only good things about the movie were the armor designs and that it was hand-drawn.
>>
>>135379007
If Jin-Roh is anything like Drive then sign me up
>>
This was such an enjoyable movie, need to rewatch it one of these days.
>>
The main theme of the plot was kinda boring, but the red riding hood thing was a nice touch and I really liked the ending.
>>
Reduced to a depressing, heavy ending: the Anime
>>
>>135379007
I thought it had a great soundtrack.

I was sort of unimpressed with Jin-Roh too the first time I saw it. Technically, visually, it was great, but the symbolism seemed heavy handed and the romance was "wow, it's fucking nothing." But for some reason I find myself returning to watch Jin-Roh again and again. It's a very calming, melancholy, dreary film, and I don't think there's anything else like it. That one scene where they're in the junkyard and it's just before dawn and it's drizzling, that scene visually punctuates how I feel when I watch Jin-Roh.

Plus, I really liked that one part where Kei and Kazuki are in the world's most depressing theme park and a kid loses his balloon, and out of nowhere the film cuts to the red riding hood getting blown to bits. It's so unexpected, unnerving and I think a great depiction of PTSD in film.
>>
Its only worth watching for the scenes where they clunk around in power armour
>>
I actually agree, I didn't particularly like it either.
The whole symbolism of the fable that was told and repeated seemed so .... forced? .... not forced, more misplaced. The movie wanted so badly for the fable to be meaningful and parallel the story, but it didn't, really.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (161 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
161 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>135378441
I loved how it looked and sounded, but the plot development was so underwhelming. It started off fairly strong but I never got emotionally invested in any of it, I thought the characterization was unconvincing and the storyline lacked impact.
>>
>>135378441
I really liked it.

There are some things that require a bit of patience and higher thinking to enjoy.

I bet you though Space Odyssey 2001 was boring too, huh? Fucking pleb.
>>
>>135380312
>muh mature anime for mature people such as myself
>>
loved every second of it.

if rucky star is you're favorite anime, maybe this just isnt the thing for you.
>>
File: blame_00293421.jpg (429 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
blame_00293421.jpg
429 KB, 1920x1080
I know this is an ebic troll post, but there are people who believe the OP's premise.

It's only "boring" when you don't even attempt to read anything past the surface. That sort of surface-reading is characteristic of people who'd also think Dubliners is just purple prose or that Holden Caulfield had a legitimate point.

The movie, in my opinion, is best viewed with a perspective encompassing their entire world. It's almost like Blame!, in a sense: the film is about the status quo, not the characters. It's a picture of a radically unstable world where those who are born don't necessarily get a choice in their role in the gears of society. Kei's question/speech in the sewers pretty much serves as the logical crux for the whole movie: "What else could I do? What choice did I have?" It's a question every other character in the film failed to ask themselves; or didn't ask until it was too late.

Fuse was the soldier the Sect needed to allow the girl with the bomb to detonate it. Fuse was the soldier the Wolf Brigade needed in order to eliminate the corrupt Public Security Division agents. Fuse was the soldier the Public Security Division needed to frame in order to cause a scandal for the Special Unit. Fuse was the soldier Kei needed in order to truly understand her place in the world.

The movie professes the idea that no person - civilian, rebel, or legal authority - has freedom in their world; and that because of the past, it could never be any other way. It's an incredibly depressing self-contained story about a world, not about an emotional soldier and a teary-eyed ex-terrorist.
>>
>>135382180
Too bad you're not going to understand any of the subplots on your first viewing.

inb4 you're retarded that's why
>>
>>135382271
What does "your first viewing" have to do with anything? The first time you see a car in your life, you won't know what it is. In the same right, you shouldn't *expect* to understand any of the subplots of a film the first time you see it.
>>
>>135382408
So you agree that the plot is an incoherent mess to a first time watcher?
>>
File: 1441247398637.png (24 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1441247398637.png
24 KB, 625x626
>>135378441
>>
>>135378490
animated by Deen
>>
File: 1fightposter.jpg (172 KB, 504x756) Image search: [Google]
1fightposter.jpg
172 KB, 504x756
>>135382430
I concede that someone who has never read Ulysses will not understand Ulysses if they do not stop reading at any point prior to completion in order to think or analyze the information with which they've been presented, or to research references or re-familiarize themselves with terminology that they do not immediately understand.

The method of argument you're presenting against the film's value is fallacious on its own, I don't know why I'm even bothering.
>>
>>135382545
>>>/lit/
>>
anything modern kyoani besides amagi
>>
>>135382570
I'm not making an argument about writing for the sake of writing, I'm making an argument about writing for the sake of defense of an anime film.

Remember: just because the argument is sound doesn't mean that the discussion belongs on /lit/!
>>
>>135378441
Just like some people like to watch cute girls doing cute things.

Some people like to watch violent people doing violent things.
>>
>>135382570
Are you dumb?
>>
File: 1426689212937.gif (460 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1426689212937.gif
460 KB, 250x250
>>135382730
Why not both?
>>
>>135378441
>Boring
I am guessing you're into harem and shounen.
>>
>>135382702
I watched Hellsing Ultimate during christmas time and felt refreshed from watching so much blood and gore. Not that I dont like cute girls but sometimes you need a break from those dull shows.
>>
>>135382430
The plot isn't incoherent at all, maybe you're just retarded.
>>
>>135382545
Movies don't allow for pausing and reflecting on what you saw, therefore they have to be considerably less complex than books or else be targeted at a specific audience, for instance a sequel doesn't have to explain all the terminology because the viewer is expected to have watched the previous installment.
>>
>>135383372
>Movies don't allow for pausing and reflecting on what you saw
Retard.
>>
>>135383431
Movies are (and very well should be) made under the assumption that you'll be watching them on the big screen you double retard.
>>
File: Keit-Ai Title Preview.webm (3 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
Keit-Ai Title Preview.webm
3 MB, 320x180
Phone Meme: The Animation.
>>
>>135380312
It is though.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.