[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did you guys think of Blade of the Immortal? Is it one of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: 774308-boti034.jpg (2 MB, 2000x2612) Image search: [Google]
774308-boti034.jpg
2 MB, 2000x2612
What did you guys think of Blade of the Immortal? Is it one of the GOATS or was it just another really long series.

Rin is super cute. But she's stupid for not going with Manji at the end.
>>
>>135351600
If she went with Manji she would only repeat the mistakes Hyakurin made in her life. They live in two separate worlds with Manji being still burdened with his mission.
>>
File: BotI v12 065.jpg (202 KB, 800x1170) Image search: [Google]
BotI v12 065.jpg
202 KB, 800x1170
Manji might not have let her even if she tried. The shipperfaggot in me did want to see them together but it makes sense that they couldn't really be. And Samura is not known to pull his punches, thankfully.

Anyway, I loved it. One of my favourite manga of all time; art, characters, story, development, everything.

I would love to see some HQ scans and edited translation, with the chapters numbering bullshit cleared up. I would just buy it in English but Dark Horse fucking mirrored it or some shit, like faggots.
>>
>>135351600
What pissed me off about the ending was Manji forgeting about Rin. The rest was almost perfect.
Didn't like the Manji vs Nordic giant either. It was too surreal even for BotI standards.
This is my favorite manga of all time but Samura is not that of a good writer.
God tier art but his other works are not that amusing.
>>
>>135351600
The strongest swordman in the series is a fucking woman INSTANT DROPPED.
>>
Where does Manji keep all his weapons?
>>
>>135352552
He was Dutch. I agree that him forgetting stuff was dumb, I think Samura wanted to make us feel that a lot of time had passed, but in fact it wasn't that long and having him forget Anotsu's name and stuff like that was too much. Although a lot of shit apparently happened to him inbetween, it was a short part of his life.

>>135352644
Maki was my least favourite thing about the series. She felt contrived and was annoyingly retarded about virtually everything.
>>
>>135352039
>I would just buy it in English but Dark Horse fucking mirrored it or some shit, like faggots.

But Samura was okay with that, sounds like you're the faggot.
>>
>>135352644
This power level was confirmed only in the last arc.
Makie > Anotsu > Habaki
Until the last arc, Habaki could be stronger than both.

>>135353134
Really dumb. He can't possibly forget about Anotsu, Rin and everyone else. I doubt he had to pass this much struggle any other time during the gap. The only logical possibility would be Manji getting alzheimer. But I don't think the healing worms would allow that to happen.
>>
>>135353294
He wasn't okay with that.
I don't have any source to back it up right now, but he asked them to stop this mirror thing.
Later, they started rearranging the frames in order to stop mirroring.
>>
>>135351743
>Hyakurin
I haven't read this in a while, was that the blonde that was raped?
>>
>>135353511
Yep
>>
I never understood why anyone liked this series. Seems ridiculously plebshit.
>>
>>135353554
Did you read it?
>>
File: sip.png (10 KB, 429x399) Image search: [Google]
sip.png
10 KB, 429x399
>>135351600
I've been wanting to read Blade of the Immortal for a while now but I can't find any translations where the panels aren't in their rearranged cut an paste format that Dark Horse did in their shitty localization. Does anyone know where I can find any good translations that you read from right to left?
>>
File: 21878549.jpg (451 KB, 900x1244) Image search: [Google]
21878549.jpg
451 KB, 900x1244
>>135353511
She got her man and a rapebaby though.
>>
File: Capture.png (171 KB, 454x394) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
171 KB, 454x394
>>135353294
>>135353366
No, he wasn't really okay with their bullshit.
>>
>>135353986
At least this time it won't be killed.
>>
>>135354055

Oh I totally remembered that wrong.
>>
>>135354227
Giichi will prove an interested parent/guardian I guess.
>>
>>135353660

I'm 99% sure if you want read BoTI in english, your only option is the DH editions for a large part of the series.

They're not bad desu senpai.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.