[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anime about going to a JRPG-like fantasy world
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Three of these LN / WN adaptations coming this season. How do you like your isekai transportation stories - parodied, played straight, or deconstructed?
>>
>GATE
>jrpg-like
>>
I think they're ok as long as they're somwhat original. The standard "loser dies and becomes a super-powerful underdog hero in the next world" is so boring.
>>
>>135350165
This, there's nothing inherently wrong with the premise itself, the problems usually come from all the stupid shit clichés often employed for wish fulfillment purposes.
>>
>>135350165
>The standard "loser dies and becomes a super-powerful underdog hero in the next world" is so boring.

Is there any manga/show in wich happens the opposite and the powerful and sucessful guy becomes a weakling?
>>
>>135351778
Mx0 somewhat. Guy is grade A physical fighter and only has success with magic because he bluffs and lies his way to victory.
>>
I hate all of them. They're Gary Stu harem shit.
>>
>>135353906
Middle one isn't even a harem.
>>
>>135349148
It's fucking shit and essentially bait for the dumbest LN and manga readers.

They could start directly with a fantasy setting and characters who fit it but NOOO the self insert wouldn't be exactly like the average reader, we can't have that!

This is arguably worse than harem shit.
>>
Dread Knight is the best character.
>>
>>135351778
I kinda want one in which the protag is actually the one born in the game/fantasy world whereas the villain is a human from our world who gets teleported there and is viewed as chosen one by the people there.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.