[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>more anime watched than manga read I hope some of you aren't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8
File: Principal1.png (76 KB, 360x489) Image search: [Google]
Principal1.png
76 KB, 360x489
>more anime watched than manga read

I hope some of you aren't like this.
>>
>>135291849
I'd rather watch an anime as it satisfies both visual and audio preferences versus the medium of text which is just visually pleasant. However, the way you consume media is certainly up to you and I hope you enjoy it
>>
>>>/soc/
>>
I've read 7 times more manga than I've watched anime.
>>
What you gonna do about it fuccboi?
>>
>>135292079
I won't be happy with you.

>>135291938
But the original content is much better.
>>
>>135291849
So many anime to watch, so little time. I'd rather focus on my anime backlog. Maybe once I've hit the 100 day benchmark, I'll probably only read manga.
>>
>>135292689

That's the reason you read manga, silly
>>
i watch every show every season, and have done so since 2004

so yea i've seen more anime you fucking idiot
>>
>>135292689
>But the original content is much better.

This is objectively true why?

Also, its not as if all anime are adaptations.
>>
>>135292689
>I won't be happy with you.

That actually hurts you know.
>>
>>135292774
Yeah but they are much more adaptations than actual standalone anime. Also, adaptations don't always deliver 100% what the mangaka wanted, and there can be problems with VAs, budget, animation, the works.

>>135292746
>Can't differentiate between what's good and what isn't
>Manga to anime ratio isn't 3:1

If that's what you've been doing since 2004 I can't say anything. It's just that manga is always the better way.
>>
>>135292924
m8 are you literally retarded, I said I watch everything, not that I can't choose what to watch. It's intentional. I'm a better judge of what's good/what isn't and why than most people because of that - though that's not the reason I do it.

>le manga is always superior B)

>>>3x3 threads
>>
>>135291849
>Look at me, I'm so much cooler than you all because I read mangas! Aren't I such a special little snowflake because I can read translated manga?!

Fuck off and don't come back. Wanna get one-upped? I only read manga in Japanese which I buy physical copies of, but you don't see me making these threads do you?
>>
>>135293133
>m8
>le

You're too angry to converse with. I'm not happy about continuing this conversation with you. It's over.
>>
>>135291849
Manga to anime ratio 3:1

The reason manga is always (almost always anyways) better than anime is because when mangaka write their mangas they think of what will appeal to the consumer's taste. When devs adapt a manga into an anime, the one and only thing they have in mind is WILL IT SELL? NO? WELL, WE GOT THE LICENSE ALREADY SO LET'S CHANGE IT UNTIL IT DOES. From changing the character designs to character screentime to the story itself, those changes ruin the experience.

Another one that's bad about anime is that there are limited episodes in a season and devs need to fit in the story in that short span of time. Due to lack of planning ahead, devs just suddenly pick up the pace (Overlord is a great example) OR EVEN FUCKING CUTTING THE WHOLE STORY SHORT JUST TO FIT (I'M LOOKING AT YOU BEELZEBUB DEVS) The best example of planning ahead on the top of my head is OPM (I'm a ONEfag when it comes to OPM but I agree animefags made the series cancer it is now.) They alotted the perfect amount of episodes for each story arc.

tl;dr Think of manga as some Indie game like Fez or Super Meat Boy or smthng and think of anime as CoD

So I hope I got some of you guys convinced to read more manga now.
>>
>>135294698
>mangas
Thank you /v/ for your input. But at least you're not some animeonlyfag. This board really needs to get off its ass and read some more manga, cause the anime industry is pretty shit.
>>
>>135291938
I'd rather get the full story and let my imagination pave over most of the faults instead of getting a tenth of the story which shoves how fucking retarded most anime writing is in my face.
>>
>>135294698
Is this some pasta I haven't seen before?
>>
>>135294892
If it isn't, it is now.
>>
I know more about animation and film than I do comics so naturally I'm inclined towards anime. Plus I prefer reading physical copies, so it's more pricey for me.
>>
>>135294698
saved
>>
>>135294892
Apparently writing something of any length is automatically a pasta since 2012.
>>
>>135294698
this desu.
normal fags BTFO
>>
>>135294698
>tl;dr Think of manga as some Indie game like Fez or Super Meat Boy or smthng and think of anime as CoD

That's a really fucking bad analogy.
>>
>>135294698
why not think of indie anime and manga as indie games and mainstream anime and manga as mainstream games
>>
>>135291849
>needing approval from a bunch of filthy otaku on /a/
That's kind of embarrassing, really
>>
>>135295868
I bathe daily, thank you.
>>
>>135295807
I guess it's not the perfect analogy but let's be honest: CoD just really wants to make money just like most anime.
>>
>>135291849
If only scanlation groups put as much effort as fansub groups.
>>
File: 5905880782_20ab03cdfe_o.jpg (34 KB, 274x274) Image search: [Google]
5905880782_20ab03cdfe_o.jpg
34 KB, 274x274
>2015
>reading a picture book for children
>not reading objectively superior LNs then enjoying seeing it animated
>>
>>135295988
You mean the nonexistent ones.
>>
>>135293209
so youve read like 2 manga right
>>
>>135291849
over half of this board has seen less than 100 animes so what does that even matter
>>
>>135297849
>animes
>>
>80% of manga i read was from middle school
>consists mostly of naruto,bleach,one piece,dbz,and rurouni kenshin

i have failed you
>>
>>135291849
would not breed with.
>>
>>135298015
hows that bait taste newfag
>>
>>135298366
It's a bot with a pass.
>>
I started loving anime because of the production values, good pacing, good voice acting, good original soundtracks, neat visuals, great opening and closing songs, and in some series, the beautiful hand-painted vibrant colourful backgrounds.

Manga is just picture books that admittedly sometimes have good stories. But I like anime much more than I like manga. I think anime is without any real equivalent in the west, but manga is easily matched by western comics and graphic novels.
>>
I read more manga, but that's just because it's faster.
i don't have the time for series that have days worth of hours of episodes.
but it feels bad because I like anime better
I've watched less than 40 series, but I've read hundreds
>>
>>135298529
>western comic
>retconned with new "reboots" every decade

No. I am not happy about this. Please rethink about what you said. Anime and manga are by no means perfect, but there's a reason why we were all bonded by a singular string and met here.
>>
I prefer manga but I've seen more anime than what I've read in manga, series wise. I read a lot of on going, slow moving and/or hiatuses series so completion wise, anime wins.

If you go simply by hours spent reading/watching then I have read more.
>>
File: zombie killer.png (434 KB, 690x777) Image search: [Google]
zombie killer.png
434 KB, 690x777
>>135296050
>superior LNs
>Not reading superior deviantart gook comic
JUST
>>
>>135299051
The pinnacle of art
>>
>>135291849
>reading manga
literally autism
>>
>>135294698
>>
>>135292774
>This is objectively true why?

Cut Content.
u
t

C
o
n
t
e
n
t

and some added bullshit.
>>
>>135296050
>thinking you're superior because you read the chink equivalent of fucking Animorphs, Goosebumps, and Nancy Drew
>>
File: 1433651134726.jpg (179 KB, 1246x919) Image search: [Google]
1433651134726.jpg
179 KB, 1246x919
>>135296050
>Implying LN writing is any good
>>
File: 1448382578360.jpg (216 KB, 660x720) Image search: [Google]
1448382578360.jpg
216 KB, 660x720
>More 4chan shitposts read than manga read.
>>
98/89 days for anime/manga here.
>>
>>135300404

>thinking you're superior because you watch the adaptation of the chink equivalent of fucking Animorphs, Goosebumps, and Nancy Drew
>>
>>135298529
>I think anime is without any real equivalent in the west, but manga is easily matched by western comics and graphic novels.
Western comics are garbage, and there's significantly more variety in manga. There's a better western equivalent of anime- and that's almost any TV show or movie. Anime falls horribly short of good western series, but manga holds up very well within it's medium.
>>
>>135291849
As someone who was basically cut off from the internet access until around age 13 I spent pretty much all of my free time reading books/manhwa at bookstores and the library. Still mostly read manga and only watch anime occasionally.
>>
I mostly read manga, because it takes less time (fast reading speed), doesn't need headphones, and you can generally find more weirdness in less-known manga with no adaptations than in anime. It's not like I don't watch anime, I just do it less.
>>
File: 1398294029568.jpg (123 KB, 540x534) Image search: [Google]
1398294029568.jpg
123 KB, 540x534
>>135298529
>I think anime is without any real equivalent in the west, but manga is easily matched by western comics and graphic novels.

I spent thousands of dollars on western stuff while barely spending anything on manga, and
I think you hold an absolutely retarded opinion on how western stuff is matched by manga.
Even discounting big-2 capeshit, where it's retcon bullshit to try to keep a failing model afloat,
there is less variety and centralization in general over manga due to how distribution works.
There is sure as hell no western equivalent to Junji Ito, or any of the slice of life stuff like otoyomegatari.
Furthermore, it's a hell of a lot of more work to wade through the crap to read the good shit since all of the english stuff is
delocalized, while a lot of the good eurocomics don't even have translations, but at least the official translations seem decent.
>>
File: 1340099164548.jpg (129 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1340099164548.jpg
129 KB, 640x480
>>135291849
Of course I fucking am.
What else am I supposed to do while I wait months at a time for a new chapter.
>>
>>135292746
I believe you.
>>
>Hiatus hell
>Scanlator hell
>AXED endings
>Monthly releases
>weekly releases for 20 pages vs 20 minutes

Yeah no thanks.
>>
>>135302608
If you read enough manga, you get updates all the time.
>>
>>135302668
Read completed manga then. You could already waste your life on those alone.
>>
>>135302674
That's retarded. I want a story to be immersed into, not pretty drawings with words to look at.
>>
>>135302770
Well then >>135302762
>>
>>135292746
But why? Surely you don't enjoy watching every show that you watch or at the very least there would be some stuff on your backlog that you'd like more.
>>
Someone make a Ito Storytime
>>
>>135294698
>mangas
Kill yourself retard.

>
The reason manga is always (almost always anyways) better than anime is because when mangaka write their mangas they think of what will appeal to the consumer's taste. When devs adapt a manga into an anime, the one and only thing they have in mind is WILL IT SELL? NO? WELL, WE GOT THE LICENSE ALREADY SO LET'S CHANGE IT UNTIL IT DOES. From changing the character designs to character screentime to the story itself, those changes ruin the experience.

This is fucking dumb. Manga has its own slew of weaknesses too, especially concerning the serial format. Since there's so much competition, and manga authors need to eat, there's a lot of motivation to slow down manga and extend it as long as possible - Look at fucking Nisekoi. This ruins the plot structure, or forces you to make strange, multi-arc stories that become less and less interesting over time.

Anime, on the other hand, has a set length at the start. This lets the creators make a more precise engagement curve and stick to a three-act structure.

Not saying one's better than the other, but fuck you're stupid.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.