[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Night on the Galactic Railroad sequels?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: galactic railroad.jpg (22 KB, 448x252) Image search: [Google]
galactic railroad.jpg
22 KB, 448x252
So a few days ago I finished Night on the Galactic Railroad, which was actually really good and surreal.

I watched its two sequels, Life of Budori Gusko and Spring and Chaos. Gusko was okay, but left things sort of wide open; Spring and Chaos is actually better than Galactic Railroad imo. It has a better ending, not as sad, and was easier to follow.

Think there will ever be any more sequels along those lines? I'm falling in love with the characters and plot.
>>
>>135291712
not if this thread is any indication
>>
>>135291712
>Life of Budori Gusko
>Spring and Chaos
How did I miss these? Will watch.

Frankly I tihnk NotGR is given too much credit, it's well made, but makes very little sense if you aren't already familiar with Kenji Miyazawa.
>>
>>135292930
;-;

>>135293081
I heard it was mostly based off Miyazawa's experience on either a train ride to Sakhalin when he was feeling lonely. I'm new to animu, so I haven't heard much about him either.

Watch Spring and Chaos first, Gusko tries too hard to be steampunk. I had to try to like it.
>>
I've only seen the first. Do the sequels expand on camponella?
>>
File: gusko.jpg (37 KB, 640x346) Image search: [Google]
gusko.jpg
37 KB, 640x346
>>135293784
Not really, Spring and Chaos only has a scene where the teacher sort of calls on the train while farming, which Camponella rides in the movie. It uses trains and telegraph poles as symbolism, but doesn't really expand on him.

Budori Gusko sort of has a female Camponella, but she's the main character's sister.

BIG spoiler for the ending of the movie, I'm not sure if Gusko's sister and parents die or not. I think they might be spirits guiding him to his purpose in life, but at one point he sees her on a billboard as a circus performer.
>>
>>135291712
>Spring and Chaos is actually better than Galactic Railroad imo.
Definitely. They're all pretty good, but then again I'm a sucker for surrealism and hefty symbolism.

At this point I sort of doubt that there'll ever be more adaptations. If you're really thirsting for anything even tangentially related watch Penguindrum: it makes a few straight-up references to NotGR and parallels some plot elements/symbolism in interesting ways.
>>
>>135294696
>Penguindrum
Thanks, I'll watch it. I love symbolism, but I'm not sure how to deal with how emotional and sad the symbolic and surreal shows can be.

>ends in death or something horrible
I can't deal
>>
I cried so much at the end Galactic Railroad. Fuck.
>>
>>135293081
I watched it without knowing a lot about it and yet is was quite enjoyable. And while you can miss some of the references, most of them aren't that obscure.
>>
File: giovanni.jpg (88 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
giovanni.jpg
88 KB, 640x360
Isn't Giovanni's Island really similar?

>characters have similar names
>have whimsical imaginations that allow them to escape from reality
>imagine a train that takes them away from everything

Haven't seen it yet, but I want to because of this.

>>135294696
Looking it up, they really do have a lot of similar symbolism. One of the characters basically looks like Caponelli.

Two new things added to my list of things that'll take forever before I see them.
>>
>>135295483

Don't worry the ending is beautiful. You might really like it! It's entertaining and funny too.
>>
>>135293081
I watched it when I was a lot younger and definitely did not understand what was really going on, but found it enjoyably weird nonetheless. I should probably rewatch it again considering the book is the inspiration for Kashiwa Daisuke's "Stella."
>>
>>135295553
Same.

Amazing music, though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvMk8EEc_Ac
>>
Okay, where can I find the soundtrack for the 2012 movie? The credits song was really good.
>>
File: Case Front.jpg (637 KB, 1678x1477) Image search: [Google]
Case Front.jpg
637 KB, 1678x1477
>>135300265
I gotchu anon

https://mega.nz/#F!qEMDGZJb!ifu3isc9rFAz06a8D-mfzg
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.