[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fellas, how do we fix Dragon Ball Super? DB and DBZ were never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 25
File: 1422592585528.jpg (830 KB, 972x1400) Image search: [Google]
1422592585528.jpg
830 KB, 972x1400
Fellas, how do we fix Dragon Ball Super?

DB and DBZ were never perfect (or past high tier pleb material honestly), but it managed to strike a chord in many many people. It was comfortable, funny, exciting, fascinating and memorable (up until the Buu Saga of course). It had hard work, energy and love poured into it, and the animation (though sometimes inconsistent) had its own signature. Some of its best animation would still hold up to many animations today.

I'm worried it's going to turn into the Goku and Vegeta, shitily animated, soulless show. They're already ruining Gohan (and yes I know his character. But he shouldn't be that fucking weak, and even if he is, this should be a turning point for him and his character arc, which I'm not sure they're actually doing), the animation sucks, the fight sequences are dreadful, the pacing in the Beerus fight was horrible, and the show is unmemorable so far, and besides Beerus and Whis, the characters are just... Blah. Even the old ones.

How can we fix it, /a/?
>>
File: Shading.jpg (47 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Shading.jpg
47 KB, 640x480
>>135291049
One animation example
>>
>>135291202
>animation
>still frame
Fucking pleb.
>>
File: 1439139908893.gif (2 MB, 290x165) Image search: [Google]
1439139908893.gif
2 MB, 290x165
>>135291478
>>
File: goku-vs-cell-o.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
goku-vs-cell-o.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>135291478
>>135291478
>>
File: vegeta.jpg (79 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
vegeta.jpg
79 KB, 1440x1080
>>
>>135292232
I already said it was inconsistent brah.
It has mistakes.
But it has its own signature to it at least and has some really well animated fights.
>>
>>135291049
Give it to someone other than Toriyama and Toi and whoever the fuck is doing the manga.
>>
>>135291049
As much as I like Dragonball, it's had it's time in the sun. They won't do what needs to be done to make Super any better, because the name still prints money.

Therefore, the answer is tough love. If Dragonball stopped printing money, they'll either fix it or let it die with dignity.
>>
How autistic do you have to be to take a children's comedy series this seriously?
>>
>>135292657
Tory needs to be making the ideas, character design and worlds, but with the right editor to focus ideas, plot and to basically keep him in check. It's only because the editor wanted more that Androids 17 and 18 and Cell were written as characters.

Saiyan-Cell: Sam editor
Buu: Different editor

I think the same with Star Wars. Fuck Jew Jew. Fuck Disney.

>>135292820
True. Idk man. DBZ is best when a) it tries for a more serious tone and b) when screentime and importance of characters is more spread out. More characters given more character arcs and moments. As an example, what happened with Gohan could be the start of his character arc and drive for the series to come. To realize he needs to strive and become the best in order to protect his family. They set it all up. Will it happen? Idk. As of right now he's not even in the Tournament.

>>135292884
Just has a special place in my heart bruv
>>
>>135292232
That's an inbetween frame autist
>>
>>135293967
Gohan's the only character that really has an interesting place to go in terms of character development. Like you said, they totally set that up. But as quickly as the anime can do that, the manga pushes Gohan out of the story.

Why? Who knows. I've heard Toriyama will sometimes write to spite fans so saying "Toriyama hates Gohan now" is entirely plausible.
>>
>>135294557
I haven't read the newest installment yet. Have they done the intelligence test? With that and Vegeta's line about Gohan's potential, I was thinking Gohan would replace Buu.

Even as he is now, Gohan far outranks Piccolo.
>>
>>135294868
Not yet, but literally every side character except Gohan is there to watch. No Gohan because he supposedly has a meeting and couldn't go.
>>
>>135294868
>Gohan far outranks Piccolo.
In terms of power yeah, but Gohan though concerned about the safety of his family and planet isnt a fighter at heart. Only time gohan wasnt dragged into a situation was the Buu Saga. Piccolo still has plenty of growth to him, since the universe has been made bigger they can really push him into rank 3 if they really wanted too.
>>
>>135291049
>But he shouldn't be that fucking weak, and even if he is, this should be a turning point for him and his character arc
If anyone actually understood his character, they would have known that they already did this shit in the Buu Arc.

People are okay with it because fuck anyone ruining the Goku/Vegeta power hour.
>>
>up until the Buu Saga of course
Honestly where I stopped reading.

You dont know shit about Dragon Ball
>>
>>135294868

Gohan isn't even coming, he by far isn't participating.
>>
>>135295101
Of course I do.

But the Buu Saga was shit. Or at least the second half was.
Even Super pulls off the humor better than the Buu Saga.
>>
>>135291049
>Piccolo is getting a scratch
Implying Gohan was able to hurt piccolo at this state
>>
>>135295047
Which is why he shouldn't have to go through this same lesson again. But if you're going to do it, then do it.
>>135295027
But that's what makes him special. Make him train because he wants to spend time with Piccolo or his father. Because he realizes he shouldn't have to rely on chance to keep his family safe. Something. Fuck.
>>135294931
Well that's... Interesting.
>>
File: 1429915343259.png (200 KB, 402x435) Image search: [Google]
1429915343259.png
200 KB, 402x435
>>135295047
>You don't understand his character.

>After Cell
>Gohan has played a key role in defending Earth from aliens, and killer Androids built on Earth.
>Goku is dead, and will no longer be able to protect the Earth.
>"Eh, I don't need to train at all."
>After Buu
>Gohan is noticeably weaker due to not training.
>Earth would be fucked if Goku didn't get involved. Everyone died and it could have been prevented if Gohan didn't get lazy.
>Still doesn't do any training.

The only thing that isn't understood is why this supposed scholar doesn't learn from mistakes.
>>
>>135295726
Because it's both irony and shit writing.

Building on Gohan's character would to have him be both a scholar AND fighter. One who actually thinks and isn't just drawn to battle for the hell of it.

But after the Cell Saga, it all went to shit. BoG was good, but Buu Saga, GT, and Super other than the slice of life stuff, is shit.
>>
File: 1337394344542.png (141 KB, 459x453) Image search: [Google]
1337394344542.png
141 KB, 459x453
Take off your nostalgia goggles.
>>
>>135296221
Older stuff has its bad parts too. But the older stuff has a factor that people attracts and holds people. Not a whole lot of people are feeling a ton of attachment to Super.
>>
I'm going to get so many jeers for these suggestions, but here goes;

>Goku stays as a farmer
>Random situations arise where he needs to use his powers to save people
>Gohan does scholar things, fights people on intellectual situations
>Videl and Pan filler episodes that kill anons with heart attacks and moe
>Driving lesson episode
>Two part episode where Hercule invites everyone to an amusement park he recently had built, with a haunted house that ends in a second Cell arena
>Light hearted adventure episodes with Goten and Trunks
>Timeskip episodes where Goten, Trunks, and Pan go off exploring and help wild animals or lost hikers
>Episode where they wish that Shenron can take a vacation, and he simply flies around the world granting small wishes like "I wish my shirt would stop losing buttons" and "I wish that my grades would improve", and getting bored while doing so
>Full episode of Master Roshi chilling at the Turtle House for a whole week, by himself (No turtle either).

Stuff like that.
>>
>>135296416
A few of those sound like decent filler episodes, but most of it sounds like bait mate.
>>
>>135296320
>Older stuff has its bad parts too. But

You should've stopped there.
>>
>>135296416
So you'd want the entire anime to be SoL?

Throw in the occasional Saiyaman and I'm in.
>>
How to fix Super

-Make it less bright, I want the atmosphere to be more dark and bleak when shit hits the fan.
-Make Vegeta so much less of a bitch, if we can get Namek Vegeta badassness I would be a happy man
-Gohan needs to go back to his mystic days and ditch the track suit and stick figure
-Piccolo, Krillen and Tien need to be relevent
-NO SUPER SAIYAN GOD SHIT
-Don't recycle villians, we need someone new
-Better character designs

Off the top of my head
>>
File: sonic.jpg (106 KB, 732x522) Image search: [Google]
sonic.jpg
106 KB, 732x522
>>135296221
Reminder that something old can in fact, be better than something new.
>>
>>135296630
Good man.

Get this man on the writing team.
>>
>>135296483
You just lurking to shitpost?
>>
>>135291850
>posting a film
Still a pleb
>>135291933
>streaks
>good animation
Pleb
>>
>>135297190
I didn't have an HD copy, OK brah?
Just got it off the Internet
>>
File: Trunks.gif (2 MB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Trunks.gif
2 MB, 500x375
>>135291049
We can't, Dragon Ball died alongside Cell.
>>
>>135297459
I'm afraid so.
>>
>>135297459
The Cell Saga was it's prime.
>>
>>135297459
Cell? Really?

Odd point to put it, conclusion of the Frieza saga and conclusion of the 23rd world tournament arc would probably fit better
>>
>>135298233
It was the ultimate passing of the torch finish to the series.

Plus the future timeline is cool as shit.
>>
>>135298233
Hey homeboy
>>
>>135298455
But it also has the effect of ruining the previous arc by making the grand prophesy of power something every saiyan can do.

There's bits I like about the cell arc, the passing of the torch is cool, Krillin and 18 are adorable, but I feel that Dragon Ball loses more than it gains for its existance
>>
File: 3472543754.jpg (130 KB, 547x766) Image search: [Google]
3472543754.jpg
130 KB, 547x766
>>135291049
>Fellas, how do we fix Dragon Ball Super?

By moving all the funds into animating Dragonball Multiverse instead
>>
>>135298567
I could be wrong, but wasn't the whole "prophesy" thing just in the dub? Or anime? I don't think it was in the original Manga if I recall.

Though I get what you mean. But by the Cell Saga there are still only 4 Super Saiyans and they all attained it out of hard work. Unlike two kids in the Buu Saga.
>>
>>135299144
Isn't that Vegeta and he just kills the dude in one shot anyways?
>>
>>135298567
Not entirely. Everyone who went Super Saiyan still had to work their ass of for it. Even then, the arc showed that a Super Saiyan wasn't invincible.
>>
>>135299213
"prophesy" is probably the wrong word.

"legend" fits better

But still, by letting any other character access the super saiyan state, it vastly reduces the impact of Goku reaching the state, so much so that they have to conclude the arc by having Gohan go super saiyan 2, via effectively the same means of super saiyan, but somehow more so.

I feel like the cell saga would be better if no one went super saiyan but Goku, except for the very end, where instead of going super saiyan 2, Gohan just went super saiyan.

Also, the bit with cyborg frieza bit was stupid
>>
File: 83594670.jpg (122 KB, 543x758) Image search: [Google]
83594670.jpg
122 KB, 543x758
>>135299249
>Isn't that Vegeta
Yup

>kills the dude in one shot anyways?
>dude
Beats her to a bloody pulp until she changed him back.
>>
>>135299272
Still pretty much ruined the whole spark and lost its meaning for the lack of better words.

>Everyone who went Super Saiyan still had to work their ass of for it.
>Gohan, Goten, Trunks

Even when you just meant pure blooded saiyans, its actually telling when its an easier process to become a saiyan god than it is a super saiyan.
>>
>>135298154
>>135298051
>muh edgy Dragon Ball

Disgusting toonami tertiaries.
>>
I can't find anywhere to download Dragon Ball Super manga issue 7.
>>
>>135299144
That's the Universe 6 Arc.
>>
File: 0480[1].png (130 KB, 600x849) Image search: [Google]
0480[1].png
130 KB, 600x849
>>135299249
>>135299462
>>
>>135291049
Don't know about you faggots, but the Dragon Ball manga was perfect.
>>
>>135299634
Super Saiyan lost it's spark once it swiftly became from a legend to "anyone who is Saiyan can do it"
Fuck, Trunks was introduced just to have another Saiyan, and they had to cuck Yamcha to make room for him.

Are we really surprised that Goten and Trunks can just turn SSJ? If they couldn't, they would have to have relevant threats to their powerlevel, and people would have complained about that shit.
>>
File: DBZ34q0kdi.jpg (3 MB, 1599x1202) Image search: [Google]
DBZ34q0kdi.jpg
3 MB, 1599x1202
I fucking love old DBZ promo art.
>>
>>135295726
If Goku didn't get involved, they wouldn't have had the energy required to revive Buu in the first place.

But hey, let's just blame Gohan for the whole thing. Literally, everyone outside of Vegeta gave up fighting (because he doesn't have anything better to do).
But even with that, we've already seen that Gohan realized his folly and trained with the Z-Sword. Nor does he balk at the idea of having to fight. If anyone actually remembered this guy's character, it was GOHAN'S idea to go to the tournament, Goku pitched on showing up later, that was supposed to be the surprise of the chapter/episode.

And it's funny, because this is a shorter time skip, yet Gohan's lost literally all of his strength, whereas with the prior time skip, Gohan could still match Dabura!
>>
Scrape everything and start fresh.

1) Better character designs, especially for SSG. Neon blue is just bad. Bring something dominating. If not, something that stands out at least.
2) Make Gohan useful again.
3) All non saiyan characters have to be useful.
4) Improve animation quality.
5) Get Toriyama off whatever drug he's taking and make him take this shit seriously, and if he doesn't, just axe it.
6) No RoF shit. Remain consistent. Fix the god damn laser scene so it at least makes sense.
7) Reduce SoL episodes.
8) Make the wives less bitchy.
9) Bring on the badass elements from the early to mid DBZ eras where the atmosphere was actually threatening. This also includes better fight choreography.
10) Take inspiration from other badass and fighting series instead of turning DBZ into a mediocre bubblegum pop garbage.
>>
>>135299872
>Naturally it's a super saiyan bargin bin sale.

Attention K-Mart Shoppers, we have a blue light special on Super Saiyan transformations.
>>
>>135299785
Did she just kill the only genderbender?
NOOOOOO
>>
>>135300663
I still hate that the only time Krillin and 18 fight together is during fucking Bio Broly

And that alone is nowhere near enough to make anyone want to watch Bio Broly
>>
>>135301290
Brolly would have made a better villain than the disappointments we've seen so far.
>>
There's nothing wrong with Super.

It's your attitude that should be fixed.

Or you can go and make a big enough donation so that the anime gets a bigger budget and therefore better animation.

You little bitch.
>>
>>135302060
Hey bootlicker.
>>
I think Toriyama got tired of Goku not being the strongest any more, hence the god level asspull.

He probably needs money too, so he's milking the series some more.
>>
So Goku is actually dissapointed in what Gohan has become now?

I feel like he'd just let it be, letting his son make his own life choices.

But this just makes him seem like he's angry that Gohan ain't a fighter.
>>
No reason to watch the anime, just read the manga and watch the movies.
>>
>>135302867
He is angry, Gohan had too much potential in his eyes.
>>
>>135302935
The story is a big disappointment though...
>>
do u guys think gt actually better than super now?
>>
>>135304129
Better designs and animation for sure.
>>
>>135291049
the problem isn't entirely animation.
It's mostly down to writing. Why did they even recycle the movies in the first place?
This is bullshit. The movies were good, why butcher those like that? couldn't they just split the movies into 4 episodes each with some extra content?
The final product we're getting is an abomination.
>>
So.....

Abridged anyone?

http://teamfourstar.com/video/dragonball-z-abridged-episode-51-the-perfect-guy/
>>
>>135304331
Speaking of bad writing, what they did with gohan was horrendous and Goku's laser injury was bullshit.
>>
>>135291049
Make whoever wrote GT write an arc for Super desu.
>>
>>135304624
Well it was good. It's free and they're not obliged to do any of it so I have no right to complain.

I just wanted to make a comment. Their work hasn't been funny for a long time and they're shilling for the new series. I found their Xenoverse videos to be highly entertaining but they stopped making those.
>>
File: 1449964136611.png (424 KB, 612x537) Image search: [Google]
1449964136611.png
424 KB, 612x537
>>135294931
>gohan is in fact gone training
>>
>>135304624
Pretty good episode, not their best, but they're getting to bits that are sort of lacking in good source material.

We're probably going to have to wait another two fucking years until the actual conclusion of the cell saga from them though.
>>
>>135304624
It's been shit since Namek. Stop trying.
>>
>>135291049
The new content is been released in the manga, it sounds pretty interesting, it's been good so far.

Except for Gihan, but I hope he'll get his comeback
>>
>>135291049
You the catalog you retarded ass faggot. >>135273539
>>
>>135304624

Wish Toei would shut them down now. They are obviously profiting off the franchise.
>>
>>135304757
It hasn't been as good since Namek, with a few momentary exceptions, but I wouldn't say it's been since all the way through since Namek.

I mean, Cell is just as boring as he was in the original, but the androids were fun
>>
>>135304967
There's been parts of this arc that has gone well above the Namek arc - however briefly.

On average, it hasn't really touched the same heights as the Namek arc though.
>>
Firstly, I'd make it majority Slice Of Life. Those episodes have been the best so far, and t.b.h DBS needs to fill its own niche. DB was funny adventure and Z was epic action. GT sucked ass cos it tried to do both of those things rather than being its own show.

Structurally, it'd go something like this:
>Keep the SOL first episode, I liked that
>Two episodes retelling Yo! Son Goku and Friends Return; Super made this non-canon when it was the best post-DBZ content we've had
>Three more SOL episodes
>Beerus saga, compressed into no more than six episodes
>Four episodes of SOL, near the end of them Abo and Cado from Yo! end up tying into the Resurrection F content somehow
>Six episodes of Resurrection F
>Four episodes of Universe 6 v 7 prep, with SOL thrown in
That's 26 episodes right there, with wayyyyy more content packed in than the current 24 episodes have. From there, the Universe tournament would play out alongside the B-cast searching space for the Super Dragon Balls, with SOL episodes on Earth thrown in sporadically to freshen things up every now and then. The series would eventually, after however many arcs, culminate in Goku becoming the strongest being in every reality, surpassing even the Dragon God (creator of the Super balls). It would end in a Space Dandy-type fashion: the Dragon God would offer his position of ultimate God to Goku, who would be upset at now having nobody stronger than him to strive for. However, he doesn't want to be a God. Through some bullshit asspull excuses, the universe is reset back to Episode 1 of Super, into a universe where Beerus never visits and Goku/Vegeta never acquire God powers. In this new universe, it is slightly hinted that it may lead into GT, thereby allowing them to count both series' as one "canon" and milk them in fighting games forevermore.

I'd also turn the ED's into OP's (the actual OP is shit) with new ED's to compensate. Bonus points if the creators remember forgotten characters like Launch and Yaji Robe
>>
>>135305645
>slice of life
no offense l, but that would take away the whole point of dragon ball.
>>135291049

Bring back the adventure, what super is doing is closer to what I want. we have beings that are stronger than goku. Awesome, now take Goku Vegeta Piccilo Buu and one female alien and have them stuck in an alternate universe where they have to search for their way home.

have them being chased by a being that is waaaay stronger than them, or a group of beings that are stronger than them while searching for the dragonballs to get then home again.
piccilo would receive a power up that allows him to heal. I'd bring back ssj4 but not call it that since 2 and 3 are just power ups. keep ssj blue as well and ssj4 just be an opposite choice, like call ssj4
Primal Super Saiyan. Primal SSJ could be used against Titan like bad guys while blue is for god like enemies. In the end it won't matter since they lead to the same thing and one will be forgotten for the other.
Still in the end have Goku and Vegeta and the rest not become the strongest but have to work together to just get home.
>>
>>135305967
>>slice of life
>no offense l, but that would take away the whole point of dragon ball.
Make no mistake, I wouldn't want it to be /pure/ slice of life. I'd want it to be superpowered Slice Of Life, like how JoJo Part 4 kinda is. There can still be epic fights, universe tournaments and so on, but there'd also be much more episodes where the cast are just chilling out, since those have been the best ones in Super so far. I also wouldn't remove Beerus' Saga, Resurrection F or the Universe Tournament saga - they'd just be trimmed down somewhat.
>>
>>135306153
I don't mean the fighting part I mean the missing of adventure part. chilling out would just be what has been done with every other anime. sailor moon, is one example.
>>
File: CDAF131.png (854 KB, 1057x1518) Image search: [Google]
CDAF131.png
854 KB, 1057x1518
Dragon Ball Heroes: Victory Mission Mission 12.

Only five pages and a month late I'm a piece of shit.

http://imgur.com/a/JUd83

Note still best DBH.
>>
>>135306569
I don't think the adventuring necessarily works with Dragon Ball anymore though. Everybody can travel at beyond light speed and Goku can teleport. Dragon Ball GT tried to do the whole adventure-across-space thing and it sucked ass. It made no sense, the tone of the show was confusing and even they realized it didn't work anymore, which is why they went straight back to epic battles after the Black Star Dragon Ball saga.

To make Dragon Ball a proper adventure show again, you'd either have to drum up some crappy convoluted circumstances like your idea of being trapped in another universe, or you'd have to focus on the younger generation, with the stakes and power levels being way lower.

That being said, a show that focused primarily on the shenanigans and globe-trotting adventures of young Goten and Trunks, with the rest of the cast being side characters, wouldn't be all bad. Goten could be the constant slacker and Trunks a failed "womanizer", as they go round the world chasing X macguffin, fighting low-level baddies. Trunks tries teaching Goten how to get with girls (but in true Son fashion, Goten doesn't give a fuck), every now and then they stumble upon a location Goku and friends visited back in Dragon Ball; maybe they could even play the Trunks/Mai pairing up for more laughs.

But I'm getting carried away here.
>>
>>135291049
not doing it
>>
>>135307458
there always has to be a couple of these guys who think they're clever

well done bro, epic response XDDD
>>
>>135296416
>no turtle
>no point

A wacky roadtrip with Roshi and Turtle as they go on a holiday to new and exciting places.

That and Roshi's always wanted to show Turtle what a brothel looks like/Is like
>>
>>135305967
Aren't you describing GT pretty much?
>>
>>135307930
In fairness, GT itself isn't inherently bad. The idea of travelling through space for Dragon Balls was pretty cool (hence the Super Dragon Balls recycling that idea), Baby had the best backstory potential of any villain (though they never cashed it in), and the Shadow Dragons was a cool concept foreshadowed by the Old Kai. The special OVA of Goku's great grandson searching for the four-star ball was neat too.

Alas, they tried way too hard to replicate the charm of DB and Z instead of doing their own thing. For that matter, they fucked up some really elementary stuff. Why did Goku even need to be a kid again? That was a shit idea. Why did the exploration team consist of Goku, Trunks and Pan? Uub DEFINITELY should've been a way more central part of the cast throughout the entire series, considering GT's ending. Where was adult Gotenks? Also, all of their attempts at copying Toriyama humor just fell absolutely flat, making for an awful lot of cringeworthy moments.
>>
File: GTChara2_(PerfectFiles).png (364 KB, 500x570) Image search: [Google]
GTChara2_(PerfectFiles).png
364 KB, 500x570
I haven't even watched the Freeza movie, but keeping up with DBS has been a fucking drag. Like, i literally only watch it when i have nothing else to watch instead. It's plain, fucking BORING. There was no need to retell the movies.
The pace, oh man the fucking PACE! It's so slow it hurts. 20 minutes of Goku/Vegeta powering up and throwing one or two poorly animated punches and it's over. Repeat until villain dies.
I'm trying really hard to like this, but it's fucking ridiculous. Even GT was better than this piece of bland, poorly animated shit.
>>
>>135308982
QFT
>>
>>135299943
Pretty fucking great.
>>
>>135299377
Ehh. I like Mecha Freeza and Trunks' introduction.

I also like the 6 Million Dollar Man reference they make when they're rebuilding Freeza.

Plus that made more sense than his revival in RoF.
>>
>>135299738
I love the jokes most of the time. It's the only thing Super does well so far.

But for me, DBZ is best when it's not trying to just be silly.
>>
>>135300663
Pretty much this
>>
>>135308982
I actually miss the opening of GT.
>>
>>135304694
That'd restore all of my faith in this.
You could say he started training again since getting his ass handed to him and he doesn't feel like he's at the point to fight yet, and he wants to just do it on his own so he does it secretly.

I doubt it, but I'd love it.
>>
>>135291049
The only remaining hope is whether or not the dub actors are decent or shit. They're usually shit..
>>
>>135312072
I'd say the recent DBZ dubbing is pretty good.
>>
>>135304785
Depends how you see it.
They still don't make any money of DBZA but they are making of their gaming channel that only got popular because of the former but that's still not breaking any laws.

Also I think they were pretty clever with the Patreon by saying they get money to create better videos so if they'd get in trouble they could just say they only use it for the gaming videos.
>>
>>135296630

I was enjoying that until you blurted out ''NO SUPER SAIYAN GOD SHIT'' like a fucking moron. Way to ruin a good list, anon, SSJ God is one of the only thing keeping me interested in the series right now.
>>
>>135310639
But he wouldnt have enough time to prepare for the tournament in case he replaces buu.
Anyway he should make more saiyan babbies so he can always do the god ritual just in case.
>>
The series will never be fixed, DB is a series where you could literally do anything in and people will still watch and buy the merchandise.

Toei knows this, so they will use minimal costs, and profit like crazy from it.
>>
>>135296320
You might not realize it but Super is almost exactly the same as DBZ was. Without going into the differences between modern and older animation techniques, the only thing which changed is you.
>>
File: 90's nick.png (898 KB, 1292x1022) Image search: [Google]
90's nick.png
898 KB, 1292x1022
>>135316985

Just finished watching Kai last week, while keeping up with Super.

Fuck off is this the case. Z is a lot more serious, there's more effort put into the still shots and anatomy, the tone is a lot more serious, and it's just more enticing and addictive to watch. You don't give a shit what happens in the next episode of Super, but Z grabs you by the balls and doesn't let go. The stakes feel higher, the threats feel bigger, the comedy is toned down, but still there.

Seriously, fuck off with these ''nostalgia goggles'' people, and the whole ''its the same as its always been'' argument. I didn't start watching Dragon Ball until BoG was announced, and the quality, I can assure you, has fallen.
>>
>>135299872
But not everyone can do it. Excluding Broly, only two Saiyan bloodlines have shown the ability: Bardock's and King Vegeta's.

But I did like when Gohan had his potential unlocked and no longer had to go Super Saiyan or Super Saiyan 2 to be effective. Wish it was still that way in Dragon Ball Super.
>>
Super would be a lot better if Tory goes back to what he was doing with Dragon Ball, like he didn't give a shit but it was still consistent.
>>
Unpopular opinion:

Dragon Ball Z was better when they were still using power levels, and when most of the battles were 1-sided.
>>
File: Toriyamaverse.jpg (3 MB, 3334x2839) Image search: [Google]
Toriyamaverse.jpg
3 MB, 3334x2839
Bring in characters from his other manga
>>
>>135300663
>8) Make the wives less bitchy.
You're talking about Chichi and Bulma, right? 18 and Videl are both chill as fuck.

Anyway, I want there to be an episode where Grandma Chichi is looking after baby Pan for awhile. Maybe she takes Pan to the bank or something and encounters a robbery-in-progress. Krillin (or Gohan as Great Saiyaman) could arrive on the scene to apprehend the robbers just to find Chichi has beaten and berated them so badly they're literally calling out to their mommies.

It'd be funny.
>>
What would you write as a plot for DBS /a/?
>>
>>135314921
Why? They're not interesting visually or conceptually. Fucking SSJ5 is more interesting
>>
Fanservice, and lots of it.
>>
>>135299943
this is actually pretty nice anon
>>
>frieza says how much he hates goku
>notice he speaks very politely to him (JP)

why
>>
Um.....I wanna say it's hopeless but the movies are good. So maybe they should just stick to movies and tv specials with decent stories.
>>
File: ssgod.jpg (68 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
ssgod.jpg
68 KB, 1366x768
>>135319422

Because I hate the stupid hairy monkey shit. SSJ4 and 5 and all that deviantart tier garbage is just unbearable to me. The SSJG transformation was beautiful, and the simplicity and sleekness of their designs and the bright colors of the hair (burnt crimson, and electric blue) look so much prettier than ''MUH MUSCLES''

People criticize GT, and yet they demand the awful furry eyeliner shit that it boasted. Dragon Ball was never about forms. I've read the entire fucking manga, and I can safely say that SSJ3 was the definitely the last straw.

Immense power and effective simplicity makes it much easier to tell effective stories and pull of great comedy.
>>
Did they ever explain the new rules of the hyperbolic time chamber? because both goku and vegeta already spent his max of 2 days in there.
>>
>>135301921
>toriyama doesn't make broly canon for dbs
>instead we get a cat and winnie the fucking pooh
why live anymore
>>
>>135317380
Literally no better than the people who defend Sailor Moon Crystal.
>>
>>135310559
GT was actually really good compared to this. GT was never a bad series on it's own, it just didn't fit well with dbz. But now that we dbs, i realize that GT is actually good
>>
>>135291049
>Gohan wasn't that weak
Yes he was, Gohan was a little faggot for the better part of 3 seasons.
With the 4th really just developing into himself.
are you 12? did you never read the original manga or watch the original show?
>>
>>135321793
Reading the new chapter of DBS and reading that page, I can't believe how they just completely threw out that detail like it meant nothing the entire series. But then, they keep doing it, maybe I shouldn't be as outraged.
>>
>>135322975
I wouldn't go as far as saying "good", GT has plenty of faults. But Super has the same faults, done even worse. I actually wish they had just done BoG and left it at that. Take the good concepts of GT and run with them, and actually use all the fucking characters instead of doing the usual bullshit of "Goku and Vegeta fight and everyone else watches and raises their hands for the occasional genkidama".
>>
>>135323149
No shit. That was the whole point of his arc. A kid. And underdog. Weak. And then it came to a point in the Cell Saga. Gohan's character should have turned there. Instead they made it just one big mess.
>>
>>135322840
Broly is boring and has no character?
He's just muscles and rage which is a bad thing.

The writing isn't going to get better with a villain like that.
>>
File: BA08-182.jpg (251 KB, 766x944) Image search: [Google]
BA08-182.jpg
251 KB, 766x944
This is going to be archived right?
>>
>>135304785

They are also doing oodles of free advertising and fanning fan interest in the original works. Toei would be fools to shut them down so long as their actions do not put Toei in any awkward legal positions.
>>
>>135319350
I would have multiple threats occurring at once that would require all of the Z fighters to deal with:

>Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Goten and Trunks (and possibly Beerus, Whis, Champa, Vados, etc.) all go into Universe 6 after the Tournament ends to find the last Super Dragon Ball; they encounter some threat there that not even Champa and his five fighters can beat. Maybe have the enemy be the creator of the Super Dragon Balls or another God of Destruction from another Universe.
>At the same time, I want there to be some intergalactic enemy to appear (now that Frieza's army has been completely eviscerated there's probably a vacuum of power) that requires Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yamcha, and maybe even Roshi to team up with Jaco and the Galactic Patrol to handle. Hell, even have Abo, Cado, and Tarble struggling against this enemy just to get them more time since they haven't been seen since the 2008 Jump special.
>On Earth, some idiot decides to revive Cell out of anger towards Mr. Satan. Cell gains Golden form and Super Cyan. He has hoards of Cell Juniors going around attacking shit. 17 and 18 team up to fight them, as well as Mr. Satan and Buu fighting them. Gohan has a rematch against Cell.

Have all that shit happening simultaneously, since that's the only way every character will have a chance to shine and not get cucked by Goku and Vegeta.

Also, to trigger the needed power boost for Gohan, have Cell kill or nearly kill Mr. Satan, Videl, and Pan.
>>
>>135291049
Gohan is actually training, not giving a conference, which was just an excuse. When he reappears he's back to his old, badass self, having realized that not liking to fight is no excuse to slack in training when there's always a bigger threat lurking around and Goku isn't always going to be there.
Piccolo fights against purple guy, they realize purple guy's race is the other universe's equivalent of namekians. Due to whatever plot circumstances the obvious happens and they fuse, making Piccolo once again be on a good level to fight actual threats.
Don't make Buu automatically job every time he fights.
Make Goten and Trunks start fighting more often and depend less on the fusion.
Find someway of making the humans strong enough to at least contribute in some way. Fuck, at least have them drop Solar Flares occasionally to help.
Also have Bulma give 18 a software update or something, right now she's about as strong as Piccolo so it wouldn't be that wierd to have her fight with the rest.
Take out the horrible designs like Nipple guy and Winnie the pooh. I don't mind them looking humorously but at least don't make them straight up ugly and lazy. Buu is a much better example of the same concept, because he still looks funny without looking like he was drawn by a 10 year old on the sides of his notebook.
Stop giving so much fucking attention to Beerus and Whiz. I'm actually starting to dislike them because they feel really Mary Sue-y. We hadn't even heard about them until BoG and now suddenly they're the center of the universe and everyone's constantly sucking their dicks. There's more stuff going on in the galaxy goddamnit.
And make not!Robo a regular character.
>>
>>135327190
>Piccolo fights against purple guy, they realize purple guy's race is the other universe's equivalent of namekians. Due to whatever plot circumstances the obvious happens and they fuse, making Piccolo once again be on a good level to fight actual threats.
I don't think this is needed. Whis is apparently training Buu and Piccolo for a few days before the tournament. They should presumably see massive boosts just from that.
>>
>>135327312
I would be happy with that. I just want everyone to feel relevant.
>>
>>135300879
Blue light... I GET IT.
>>
File: dragon-ball.jpg (70 KB, 649x350) Image search: [Google]
dragon-ball.jpg
70 KB, 649x350
What the fuck happened? When did they stop caring?
>>
>>135302060
Only thing wrong with super is that Beerus is responsible for everything... I mean there are still DINOSAURS TORYAMA.
>>
File: 1451228299434.jpg (134 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1451228299434.jpg
134 KB, 1280x720
It's unfixable.
>>
>>135327477
>Comparing a movie to a tv series and the worst episode of said tv series at that
>What the fuck happened?
You being retarded mostly.
>>
>>135327528
stop posting fake shitty edits.
>>
>>135291049
Wait for the U6 arc and give it good animation as well all arcs going forward.
Done.
>>
>>135327622
The animation of the Universe 6 Arc will probably be crap because Toei has shifted most of their good animators from all projects over to the upcoming One Piece film.
>>
>>135327570
It's not an edit, it's an actual screen shot. It's in line with Super's animation.
>>
>>135327788
Animation in super is shit we get it, everyone can make a picture.
from what episode is it then faggot?
>>
>>135300663
>7) Reduce SoL episodes.
Fuck your shit, gay man.
>>
>>135327477
BUY
THE
BLURAYS
>>
File: Vados_and_Champa.png (775 KB, 849x462) Image search: [Google]
Vados_and_Champa.png
775 KB, 849x462
>>135327731
They may have animated some of U6 in advance.
>>
File: Dragon-Ball-Super-Episode-12-c.jpg (153 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Dragon-Ball-Super-Episode-12-c.jpg
153 KB, 1366x768
>>
>>135327528
Is this for real? Is it happening?
>>
>>135296416
This sounds pretty good actually.
I hope Piccolo will train with Whis, remember when he was the strongest in DB and DBZ? Good times.
>>
>>135328876
>tfw they just want to go back to the sunwukong mythos
10/10 for misunderstood masterpiece
>>
>>135328942
Nah, that's en edit. The way the Super episode is going, Goku probably will be in base when he gets shot, since he's getting beaten up a lot by Freeza before he starts tiring out.
>>
>>135291049
it is impossible,at this point nothing can be changed
>>
>>135304624
I feel like they've already written everything for the intense parts of the Cell Saga, and are just kinda wading through until Goku gets out of the HTC.

Although I'm glad their VA for Vegeta can still scream like that. Shut never gets old
>>
>>135296416
That's some cozy shit
>>
>>135328942

Nah. In Super, Goku is losing the battle from the start, even before any surprise attack. Next week's episode, where the ring thing should happen, is actually called "In the great crisis, I saw victory! Son Goku starts his counter attack!". The episode after the next one is "The Final Kamehameha!"

So, it seems like they'll be cutting the ring thing completely.
>>
Revival of Thread
>>
>>135291049
How to fix Super? Like this:

>All fighters line up.
>Tournament is about to start
>Just then, Goku wakes up in his bed back home
>Realizes all of DBS was weird a dream from eating bad food
> Nothing has happened since Buu was defeated.
> Series ends.
>>
Beerus is killed by Vegeta.
Veggeta becomes the new god of destruction and takes over for captain of team 7.
Gains the Dragonballs and wishes for a new planet Veggeta and for all the Sayjins alive to be teleported to it.
Tries to do right with his family, but is soon overpowered by the demands of his people.
Gives up title of prince so he can continue to train.
Sayjins are lead be new warrior.
Declares war on earth.
When Goku and Veggeta attempt to help, Whis stops them, they are gods of destruction, not heros.
Humans must save there own asses.
Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.