[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
K Return of Kings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51
File: 082342490923.png (637 KB, 1023x548) Image search: [Google]
082342490923.png
637 KB, 1023x548
What did /a/nons think of the ending?
>>
>>135275187
Great. It's refreshing to have a happy ending for once in a sea of tryhard edgy shit.
>>
>>135275187
I liked it overall even though some parts felt rushed. I was a bit scared of what the writers would come up with considering what happened by the end of the first season, so I'm glad that most characters got a happy ending.
>>
>>135275458
I really wish Gora was better at pacing. Not much shit happened the whole season and everything we were hoping for happened off screen (really pissed about not seeing Fushimi and Misaki make up).
>>
>>135275527
Yes, I don't know why they had to drag things out so much in the first half of the season. Then again it was pretty much like that in S1 too. Maybe GoRA should just stick to writing movie scripts instead, they seem to be better at that.
>>
That was a lot of reused animation. By the end, whenever anything seemed well animated, I had to second guess myself whether or not it was new, even if I didn't remember seeing it earlier.

The way it ended was fine, but I feel like they could have done this plot in maybe 8 episodes. Beginning felt very dragged out.
>>
>>135275527
>really pissed about not seeing Fushimi and Misaki make up
Maybe they're saving that for a new side story or something. Anyway we got to see the start of their reconciliation so I'm fine with it. There wasn't really time for more anyway.

It's a bit sad that all Kusanagi and Seri got was a picture in the ending credits though.
>>
>>135276327

Really wish we could get one or two OVAs
>>
RIP ;_;
>>
>>135276327
Maybe, but I can't see their franchise continuing with just side material. There's not as much hype with the stories without the anime so I'm hoping we get at least one more movie out of this (please).

Anyone know when the dvd is being released with those extra 5-10 minutes?
>>
>>135276379
>http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-12-26/director-cut-of-k-return-of-kings-final-episode-adds-unaired-scene/.96948
At least there's this. 5 minutes isn't much but still.
>>
>>135276478
>>135276502
I think I'll lose interest by March
>>
>>135276478
They already said they might write something about Anna meeting Sukuna, about how Shiro became a teacher and about the boy Shiro borrowed his body from (of all people) so it looks like they still have some ideas left. I agree that it won't be the same without animated material though, especially since it usually takes time before LNs, manga etc get translated.
>>
>>135276478
There are tons of side materials and there were even when the first season aired, the side materials also cover a lot of stuff completely overlooked in the show. It will probably continue on with more of such things being produced but this series is basically dead in its animated form.
>>
>>135275187
>everybody did their job right
>except Yata
Why am I not surprised?
>>
File: 1268344011312.png (8 KB, 493x402) Image search: [Google]
1268344011312.png
8 KB, 493x402
>slates had been destroyed
>Nagase lost his power died in instant
>everybody else is fucking alright using their powers, and Weisman is still immortal
>>
>>135276502
We should be happy if they won't be reused animations as half of the episode was.
>>
>>135278069

Is Weismann still immortal? I thought he lost it.
>>
>>135277630
>this series is basically dead in its animated form.
I guess so. I don't really mind that much though, I always liked the side materials better anyway and the anime got a better ending than I'd dared to hope for.
>>
>The Slate was destroyed, the kings’ swords were gone, but they didn’t lose their superpowers yet. Although not as much as before, they still can use a fair amount of superpower. Not sure how long-termed this will be, but for a while, since superpower remains, Scepter 4 continues doing their job.

>Scepter 4 isn’t disbanded. In Director’s cut version, Scepter 4 is settling the remaining business, for there are still incidents caused by Strains which need Scepter 4 to handle.
>>
>>135278578
Can I get a sauce on that?
>>
>>135278867
http://messier-45.tumblr.com/post/135972680400/scepter-4-after-the-ending
>>
>>135277259
>They already said they might write something about Anna meeting Sukuna

What? When?
>>
>>135279164
It was mentioned by some other anon in the previous thread. Only source I can find is on Tumblr: http://happythexceed.tumblr.com/post/135966475023/anna-and-sukuna
>>
>>135278069
Nagare was a zombie who was alive because Slate magic. The Slates were his replacement heart. Destroy them and he's gone
Also, Weismann only returned to his original body. However nothing says he isn't mortal now. I'm pretty sure he will age and die normally now. It's not like he was that old when he gained the powers and he became a complete unaging immortal. And his original body was being preserved.
>>
>>135279435
I figured it was a last minute addition

But it's cute, so I am glad
>>
>>135275259
>happy ending
>based green and Grey died
>>
>>135278069
How does Neko still keep using her powers? Nagare said 10 fucking minutes before that her powers come straight from the slates.
>>
>>135280592
They did all they wanted to do in their lives. They died happy and satisfied.
>>135280658
Neko hasn't been shown using her powers after the Slates were destroyed
>>
Uh, what the fuck? Shouldn't all strain powers be gone too?
>>
>>135281033
I assume they dissapear gradually, as they might still have some "MP" left in their bodies
>>
>>135275187
I'm never a fan of endings where the solution to the plot is "take everything back to normal". I liked this setting because it had roving bands of magic gangs and magic police who got along more than they let on and now they aren't magic and I'm not sure how the now non-magic police justify their continued existence. Plus no more giant swords in the sky.

That said I still think the ending was pretty good.
>>
>>135277259
Man I would love an anime of just their day-to-day shenanigans like the manga shows.
>>
>angela ending song

Literally only good part about this ending.
>>
I would have like if more care and time was spent expanding on the Grey King, and Green Clan, abilities. These seem to be the most plot breaking. e.g. Iwa-san's fog allowed them to take the Slate unhindered, or walk away from being surrounded by Scepter 4.
>>
Way too little Anna.
>>
>>135280815
Happy and satisfied my ass, dandy priest basically achieved nothing in his entire life.
>>
The biggest question is, why just destory the setting completely like that? Aside from I guess GORA wants to move onto other things soon.

Everything was either rushed, wasted, or spent too much time on meaningless crap. Really boring season, and it's a real shame that the entire Green Clan was wasted like they were, right when they had started getting good.

K was never good, but man S2 was just shit. Guess they couldn't be assed to bring in Kakihara Tetsuya to actually voice Weismann there at the end.
>>
>green King,as strong as the Gold King and stronger than blue and red combined,can't break silver king's shield
>because of friendship
Jesus Christ I thought K would have not pulled this too
>>
>>135281236
I wish DOB focused more on the alphabet boys than Fushimi - like MOR. Not that I didn't like it, but I really wanted to know more about their origins and how they joined (like showing the actual story like MOR). Also, more Andy. I'd take a slice of life anime for everyone, really.
>>
>>135281499
nagare also had the friendship multiplier but it wasn't as strong as shiro's
>>
>>135275187
The power belongs to everyone, not just the fascists.
>>
Nagare did nothing wrong. The other Kings were just mad they couldn't have their élite sekret club anymore.
>>
Hated the ending, should have ended with everyone gaining the power.
>>
File: 231231.png (541 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
231231.png
541 KB, 720x720
>tfw no Kakihara at the end
>>
>>135281499
Neither Gold, Red, nor Blue were ever shown to be able to break the Silver King's Sanctum. There's no reason to think that Nagare could either. Except that Nagare had unlimited power from the Slate. And Nagare could hack the Slate and change Shiro's power. *headdesk* Fuck, there's no way that Nagare should have lost, even without evoking "the power of friendship".
>>
>>135281120
Well, in a thread yesterday people posted links to a bunch of shit that apparently confirms that people still have powers. He "retuned" the Slates, not necessarily destroyed them, effectively removing all king level powers. Neko is also supposed to still be able to cat form, so it looks like everyone who was OP just got watered down. I wish I could source all this, but it was all in Jap and I just took other anons' word on what it says.
>>
>>135282426
>should have ended with everyone gaining the power
They did
see >>135278578
>>
>>135281876
The idea of letting everyone have king powers to the point where everyone's a walking nuke is retarded. I'd have been all on board if it had just given people average, lower level powers.
>>
>>135283536
>not letting him speak german in s1
>not giving him a line for the s2 finale
I don't know why they even bothered casting him.
>>
>>135283802
Right? This is bullshit.
>>
I wonder if Anna's aunt will have her memory restored now with the magic fading. Though I actually can't remember much around that, it was an Usagi's doing, wasn't it? Hmm, we never saw what happened to them after Shiro dismissed them.
>>
>>135280592
>based green and Grey died
No corpse for Grey, he can return anytime the writers decide so.
>>
>>135284768
Green and Grey could both be alive, though I actually think Nagare is more likely. Either way they'd be far away from people trying to get over their old philosophies and figuring out their lives again. I just can't see Nagare being dead without the hole, they could have left a big hole in his chest for emphasis if they wanted to have him be definitively dead.
>>
File: ep.6 nagare rampage.jpg (109 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
ep.6 nagare rampage.jpg
109 KB, 1366x768
>>135284905
Nagare didn't have a visible hole in his chest when we saw him stand up for the first time in ep.6. The reason to think that he would, is from the his character sketches in the K illustration book.
We saw the hole in his chest when Nagare was a little kid, and made into the Green King.
I think he should still have blood, because the Green power was used as a heart, and hearts circulate blood. So if Nagare died from the Slate no longer being there to substitute for his missing heart, then he would have bled out on the floor. Iwa-san bled out a big pool of blood from being cut by Munakata. Surely Nagare would bled out immensely, if he had a hole the size of a fist, in his chest.
But there was no blood.
Another point by /a/non, is that Ninja still had Green power. Douhan was U-rank, and received temporary power from the Green King. She *very obviously* still had power after Nagare's supposed death.
There's also the flowers that Yukari throws down into the Green hideout- purple anenomes. Whilst flowers are a gift that are left on a grave, these have the meaning "I believe you so I'll wait". Yukari could be waiting for his King to return.

A giant problem with this, is that if Nagare could redirect some Slate magic to repair his heart, then he should have done that as soon as he got the Slate. If he did, it happened off screen.
>>
>>135285725
I doubt he directed any to do that. I believe that everyone still has powers, only the kings are left with far weaker versions of their powers. For Nagare, his power was to remain alive and to be able to draw on more of the Slates' power for a limited time. A weaker version of this power would be to remain alive, just without any of his ability to draw on the power consciously.
>>
>>135285725
Sounds belivable enough for me.
Both wheelchair-kun and priest-man had acceptably vague deaths for dramatic returns next season or fanon-happy endings.
>>
>>135286008
Was it Nagare's power as a King that kept him alive, or was it his Green aura? I though the Green clan power was electricity, but it also manifested helmets on the head of G-ranks, and was Ninja's permeability.
We know that all Kings, post Slate, have lost their King power, and only retain their clan color power.
What were Nagare's powers?
>>
Anyone have the webms of Seri from the movie? If you have please share.
>>
>>135275187
I dropped it 6 or 7 episodes ago. Honestly couldnt take all the gay anymore. Shiro being useless fujobait was really the last straw for me. At least black dog did something. I also really hated the way shiro talked. Literally sounds like a fag. But if I hated the MC so much it was inevitable that Id drop it. I just dont remember hating him this much last season. Maybe his va changed or the story was focused on a mystery around him so I found him more interesting.
>>
Meh, it was k.
>>
>>135280592
So did Silver, basically.
>>
>>135281033
looks like I wasnt wrong to drop this. Its just straight up gay from the looks of it.
>>
>>135286330
WTH this season wasn't anywhere near as gay as last season. All Shiro did last season was gush and talk about his waifu, but this season he was pretty serious most of the time.
>>
File: NEKO STRONK.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
NEKO STRONK.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>
I wonder if Keri and Kusanagi will adopt Anna and Neko.
>>
>>135286460
Yeah it was almost as if there was a hint of romance and mystery going on while people were trying to kill him. Now its just him being a bland fag.
>>
>>135286495
No way, they'll take Sukuna so Kusanagi can finally have that kid he wanted to raise to take over for him like he wanted for Fushimi. I guess Anna can stay, too.
>>
>>135286460 The only gay was the near canon gay in the background (and side materials) of two dead characters.
>>
>>135275187
Retarded

The whole S2 plot was retarded but the ending

>Everyone I've ever loved has protected this slate
>Well fucked up once time to destroy it

The slate causes evolution... so why did everyone lose their powers?

How did colorlesses original body survive I thought there was no bone no blood no ash

Why did everything feel so scripted and life less. Just all the forced pandering was taken up a power of 10 compared to Season 1

overall this season was shit
>>
>>135286230
Do they all lose their power? I mean yes, they obviously don't have the same power as they used to, but I still think they could retain the old one, kind of like a strain, and yeah I know they say they lose their king powers, but this could easily mean their power is demoted to a level where it is not uniquely kingly, and of course the loss of their Damocles.
>>
>>135275187
Disappointing as fuck considering the hype train from the previous 2 episodes.
>>
>>135286549
Oh and that Green guy that was obviously aching for dick; I forgot him.
>>
>>135286586
Kuroh had his own powers before he met Shiroh.
>>
>>135286632
Wasn't Yukari the only character literally confirmed as not gay? I thought I read that on another board.
>>
File: 1444423078922.jpg (9 KB, 251x221) Image search: [Google]
1444423078922.jpg
9 KB, 251x221
I loved season 1, but season 2 disappointed me.

Now the actual ending was good, but most of the season I just had to slog through.
>>
>>135286673
I know, so?
>>
>>135286740
I almost thought we had something interesting with Fushimi and Munakata's fight, but nothing happened in Jungle for Fushimi to solidify his respect for Munakata or for him to finally forgive Yata. More like here's what you want to happen but we won't show anything good leading up to the decisions behind it. Take it!
>>
>>135285725
Man I am so passed about this if nagare is really confirmed dead, while neko's speech was nice and all, she was saying it to someone who actually needed the slates to stay alive. Unless of course , nagare really is still alive and it turns out he too didn't need it to live. Only then would I be happy about the ending. Now I'm just torn.
>>
>>135286694
No, he was said to not be a stereotypical otaku character. He'd just fuck anything that's beautiful.
>>
>>135287000
>auto correct
* Okama
>>
>>135287128
That makes more sense. :P TY, I couldn't remember the word they used.
>>
>>135283757
If people under Nagare's plan were really becoming kings we would have to be shown hundreds of new swords manifesting over the slates, yet no such thing occured.
>>
File: CSz3pP8UcAA7l50.jpg.jpg (153 KB, 1024x717) Image search: [Google]
CSz3pP8UcAA7l50.jpg.jpg
153 KB, 1024x717
>>135286541

That sounds awfully accurate to this fanart
>>
>>135278578
All of this can be summed up as: We want to eat the cookie but we also want to have the cookie.
Piece of shit writing, fucking hacks at gora.
>>
>Seri punching Munakata

Slut.
>>
>>135286786
So their is the possibility they can retain some of their powers; or learn new ones.
>>
>>135287217
>>135287128
It wasn't okama, it was "onee character". They literally said Yukari isn't a "sissy character" but a beautiful man who uses 'onee speach', in other words talks in a gay manner but isn't gay.

http://web.icu.ac.jp/cgs_e/2006/03/onee-kotoba-and-japanese-gende.html
>>
>>135287217
Okama=Gay-(for the non-weebos)
>>
>>135288160
>http://web.icu.ac.jp/cgs_e/2006/03/onee-kotoba-and-japanese-gende.html
I think this is right.
I remember someone reading translations said that Yukari wasn't gay but Mikoto had secret "Unmanly" feelings for Tosuke,..LOL!
>>
>>135286128
>next season
I wish /a/non but next season /never
>>
>>135288183
No, Okama is even more than just a gay character. An Okama is more so a transvestite played for comedy. Look at the characters Bobby from Macross Frontier or Nathan from Tiger & Bunny. Those are Okama stereotypes.
>>
>>135286977
Holy shit this pissed me off. They have Shiro and his crew give Nagare friendship-empowering speeches and emanate such Power of Friendship that it causes Nagare to realise all he ever wanted was a hot pot with his family/clan, and then they murder him in cold blood anyway.
In the end none of it was even necessary, they were close to talking him out of it and return to Iwa and the others. Gora threw Nagare under the buss so they could save Munakata instead.
>>
>>135288667
Well to be fair, they really didn't murder him in cold blood. He was trying to kill them until the end and they needed to fend it off with a barrier, they couldn't just let it down and have him come inside and be safe.
>>
>>135288733
Shiro knew what would happen to him if he destroyed the Slates though, he could've warned him: "Nagare drop this plan and let us seal the Slates or I'll destroy it."
Yet he didn't, he didn't even give him any ultimatum, he didn't try to negotiate, he just went in for the kill.
It would be hilarious though if Nagare instead of throwing himself at Shiro kicked the Slate out of the way of the sword.
>WEISMANN LEVEL DOWN WEISMANN LEVEL DOWN
>>
>>135288667
Exactly all of this, the more I think about it the more pissed I get. If nagare was powerful enough to remove shiro's immortality they could've made him powerful enough to save munakata too by removing his King powers. They already were so close to talking nagare out of it, maybe already did only to have him die immediately after, what was the point really? I hope these theories are right about nagare possibly being alive. While I'm happy munakata survived, nagare really should've had a chance too to be fair.
>>
Why only Kuro received a boost from his king? Was it another of these "the protagonist needs to win the fight" moments?
>>
>>135288942
>It would be hilarious though if Nagare instead of throwing himself at Shiro kicked the Slate out of the way of the sword
Damn, this would have been the best way to end the season.
>>
I'm glad they solved the "that's messed up for the guy Weissman is possessing" problem I had and finally gave him his body back.
>>
>>135289290
I still don't understand why Weissman didn't return to his original body back at the end of S1. He scarified the Shiro body back then to beat Colorless.
>>
>>135289606
He likes being inside younger boys.
>>
>>135289606
Maybe whoever's in charge really doesn't like kakkihara after all.
>>
>>135289606
Guess he couldn't undo colourless king's mess or something? Yeah that's a huge plot hole they need to explain
>>
>>135290892
Shiro's body should have been destroyed basically though, that's what confuses me. How that body made it out and onto the airship boggles my mind.

And why have Adolf wear that suit still at the end! He's supposed to be a teacher now.
>>
>>135289606
>Weissman didn't return to his original body
It takes some plot gymnastic to answer this: Shiro could return to his Weismann body on death, because that would have solved question of his identity too easily. All that would have needed to happen to resolve the season, was for Kuroh to stab him very early on. Original Shiro would be dead, Weismann would have been recalled to his real body, found the Colorless King and won.
Silver King was the only one with the power to regenerate from a single cell. So he had to incarnate as Shiro, or else Original Shiro would be very dead. I still don't know how Original Shiro survived Mikoto's blast, which obliterated the Colorless King. GoRA need to fix this plot hole if they are going to give everyone a happy ever after ending.
I all honesty, Original Shiro survived so that GoRA could preserve his character design.
>>
>>135291155
>answer this: IF Shiro could return to his Weismann.. real body, FOUGHT the Colorless King..
[sic]
>>
>>135290993
Wasn't chewy the one who 're-built' his body or something? Or did he just recover his body from the ocean fully in-tact? Not sure how that works because if chewy managed to somehow restore Shiro's body after being blasted to bits by Mikoto, I'm a little pissed that no one in the K-universe found a way to restore Nagare's heart in the 14 years he lived without one.
>>
>>135292061
I think he just recovered his body, possibly helped him get better, but as he is immortal he probably would have fully recovered either way.
>>
>>135281420
The way I can sort of interpret Nagare's line about being satisfied is that he'd realised he was surrounded with people who cared about him which changed his outlook on his life until that point. Iwa was obviously grief-struck but at least, as far as he's concerned Nagare isn't suffering anymore, and he'd been there with him until the very end.
Sukuna also turned out to be much more attached to them than people gave him credit.
>>
File: weismann.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
weismann.png
1 MB, 1280x720
At the very least we can all agree that this is much better.
>>
>>135292872
His eyes are unsettling to stare at
>>
>>135293135
They probably drew them that way for bigger impact. His eyes are otherwise not as predatory.
>>
>>135292756
>Sukuna also turned out to be much more attached to them
He definitely was very attached to Nagare especially, GoRA once mentioned a while ago that he was only gentle to Nagare. Poor kid, wonder if he still cries and Yukari onii-sama has to comfort him. It's a good thing Yukari and the parrot got through this so at least Sukuna doesn't have to live alone on the streets.
>>
>>135289023
There were plenty of more interesting ways to resolve the conflict, they went with the easiest one and the cheapest, let's just kill the villain and crush their resolve for emotional pull. On the other hand they probably wanted Shiro to be useful, even though his actions didn't achieve absolute piece anyway.
Also did anybody notice how S4 gave so little shits about Iwahune's body laying there they barely registered that it was GONE?
Why are the protagonists such horrible people?
>>
>>135289051
It was so he'd be sparkly and beautiful for Yukari.
>>
>>135294141
>Green clan started out as a adult man taking care of a lost and injured boy plus a parrot
>it ended up as a adult man taking care of a lost and injured boy and a parrot
>>
>>135294376
Oh f-fuck I didn't realize this. ;_;
>>
What kind of world did Weismann envision with the slates?
>>
powerful german supermen straddling the world and banging japanese nekos?

JUNGLE was inspired by Weissman's original idea of how to use the Slates.
>>
File: 97675689.png (234 KB, 457x274) Image search: [Google]
97675689.png
234 KB, 457x274
>single essential image from the ED
Rest was just fanservice.
>>
I couldn't help but be disappointed in Neko's "big" reveal.
>>
>>135295942
what? did you want her to actually be a cat? I wish they revealed how nagare knew that shit, I assume his internet hax powers or something but who knows.
>>
>>135296003
I wanted there to be a reason for how Neko and Shiro ended up as pals. Reasons that I would accept:
- Nagare was spying on Neko and knew exactly where she was on the School Island, and had hacked the cleaning robots to keep tabs on her
- there was some reason Neko could help Shiro
- Nagare had the Colorless King fly the blimp over the school gym to purposefully drop Shiro into Neko's home so that they would meet.
- Neko would be attracted to Shiro on some level, either because they both have amnesia, or because they are both magically humans, or Strains being magnetically drawn to Kings, facilitating a bond of friendship between them
- Nagare then kept tabs on both of them with the robots. Nagare ensures that both Shiro and Neko are drawn into the conflict between Kings.
- from season one, we saw that Neko and Shiro could combine magic to make a much more powerful effect. It was seen to be able to cover the whole island. This should have been used again, or at least explored more, and used in a different way. E.g. Neko would be the key to making Shiro's Damocles Down work properly. to make it seem less of a copy of season one, Nagare would say that he'd planned it all in advance, so that Neko+Shiro's magic performance at the School Island Incident was a rehearsal for what they needed to do now.
- bonus round, have a real reason why Nagare was interested in Neko. Maybe she did steal his parents. Or maybe she did something as a kid with her magic that impacted on Nagare to make him the guy he is now.
>>
File: ep09 weismann freude.jpg (71 KB, 794x481) Image search: [Google]
ep09 weismann freude.jpg
71 KB, 794x481
>>135294952
Joy for all.
>>
>>135296481
hopefully directors cut will have something
>>
>>135296856
they'd need a few OVA to fix all the plot holes and dropped plot threads from ep.13 alone. I can't do this by myself. I'll end up disassembling all of the good bits that K had going for it. But hooray for redfags and blue fags who get their extra 5 minutes.
>>
>>135275187
It was alright. They could have make shiro more relevant in the fights and show off his powers.
>>
File: ep.12 weismann surprise.jpg (100 KB, 1219x680) Image search: [Google]
ep.12 weismann surprise.jpg
100 KB, 1219x680
>>135293135
Wiesmann's eye look bigger than in s01
>>
>>135292872
He looks badass.
>>
File: image.png (316 KB, 500x738) Image search: [Google]
image.png
316 KB, 500x738
>>135295942
It wasn't even a big reveal it's what we already know from the side novel
>>
>>135298187
I was thinking it'd be something more than that too, with the foreshadowing the Nagare/Neko connection got in the manga and all. In a way I'm glad they weren't confirmed siblings like people thought though, there wouldn't have been much point in revealing something like that just before Nagare died anyway.
>>
>>135298626
In the end, the connection between them mostly served to show how they were different from each other in terms of views (i.e. Neko's conclusion about people not needing powers) and also for emphasizing the show's theme overall. It was pretty neatly done, especially together with the little flashback that further showed the parallels between the greens and the silvers.
>>
File: a.png (7 KB, 219x80) Image search: [Google]
a.png
7 KB, 219x80
>>135279435
It doesn't say that, it just says they didn't include the scene of them meeting, same with Munakata seeing Mikoto. I fucking knew it was the director again.
>>
>>135299239
The little flashback was a nice touch, luckily the director put that in since gora green didn't write that in originally. The problem I had with that comparison between neko's and nagare' views though was the fact that neko's words about not needing powers really can't apply to nagare. Dude got the short end of the stick by being the only one who actually needed powers to live, that's really what I'm unsatisfied with. Unless neko's words were really a hint that Nagare can make it too, without the slates. Maybe he regenerated a heart already? What was all this about being the 'ever-changing' King anyway? What exactly were those manipulating powers they keep talking about, doesn't seem to be talking about his electricity powers or limited to what ninja girl can do.
>>
File: img117.jpg (1 MB, 1346x2000) Image search: [Google]
img117.jpg
1 MB, 1346x2000
>>135292756
Sukuna definitely had a soft spot for Nagare, despite all his talking about not needing anyone. That was one of the few things that made his character a little less unlikable.
>>
>>135299675
True, Nagare never really had much of a choice. I suppose it's one thing that he needed the slate to survive though, and another that he thought the world would become a better place if everyone out there got superpowers.
>>
>>135299646
>I fucking knew it was the director again.
I always got the feeling that the director and GoHands were responsible for a lot of the awkward fanservice and pandering added in this show. The side material that GoRA wrote has a lot less of that stuff.
>>
>>135299675
The final episode changed Nagare. By the end of the confrontation, he was satisfied. For most of the season, he was very cool, verging on cold. His heartlessness was also a personality trait, as he was willing to upheave society to reach his goal.
Maybe he literally had a change of heart. During the battle, he was confounded that the Silver Clan had so much power that they didn't covet. Neko's words might have convinced him that he already had something of value that he hadn't noticed because he was focused on correcting the injustices of the past.
Shiro's, and Neko's arc were about finding a similar atonement. Iwafune and Nagare might have found their own.
>>
I liked S1 and S2 was slightly better, with a better thought out storyline. Destroying the slates was lame, but acceptable as a conclusion to the franchise.
>>
>>135300377
The director has his own biases that affected the relationship between Munakata and Mikoto most of all with all the artificial homo between them. Fushimi also wasn't supposed to sound like he was climaxing when saying Yata's name, not to mention Seri's T&A spilling everywhere.

>The side material that GoRA wrote has a lot less of that stuff.
You're the first person I've seen with the common sense to mention that.
>>
>『K』はまだ終わっていませんので、ぜひ今後ともよろしくお願いします。(グリーン)
Green says on Twitter that K isn't over yet. He's most likely referring to the upcoming side material and it's probably pretty much like >>135277630 said, but still, it's nice to know that the project goes on for a while longer.
>>
>>135300666
>The director has his own biases that affected the relationship between Munakata and Mikoto most of all with all the artificial homo between them.
So there probably would've barely been any homo between them if it wasn't for that bias? I can understand he wanted fujos to spend money on this franchise but it still felt very forced. At least Fushimi and Yata were friends at some point.
>>
>>135300483
Yeah you're right, just feel really bad that they needed to die right after. Honestly felt it was unfair since ultimately what they wanted to do wasn't all that bad, just doing it wrong. Destroying the slates although is acceptable to conclude the franchise, it is still too fast and too rushed a conclusion, especially considering that the powers still exist just watered down. It's even sadder considering now after finding out what yukari's flowers meant, they are also waiting for iwa and nagare to come back like kuroh and neko did. But they're probably waiting for nothing.
>>
File: img000034.png (38 KB, 125x298) Image search: [Google]
img000034.png
38 KB, 125x298
>>135301006
Read K THE FIRST and see what it would have been like. It rearranged the anime events a bit but the relationships stay the same. Blue is the one who wrote it and he even expressed his displeasure with some of the changes in the show, so he unfanserviced the story in the manga.
>>
File: i019.jpg (261 KB, 869x1299) Image search: [Google]
i019.jpg
261 KB, 869x1299
>>135301006
Munakata and Mikoto were friends who understood each other well because of their similar positions, but they weren't really that close. Their relationship is best described in the K R:B novel.

Yata and Fushimi were much closer but that's basically one of these cases where the fans can interpret things any way they prefer. Yellow seems to like them a lot though.
>>
>>135300962
Does anyone know what his other tweets are saying?
>>
>>135301012
>waiting for iwa and nagare to come back like kuroh and neko did at the close of season one.
When you put it that way, it is wrenching mournful.

The Green Clan, as antagonists, got the short end of the stick. They were always playing catchup with the principle cast, as they had to juxtapose their moral evolution.

It was explicitly stated (iirc in Nagare's b'day tweet) that he was a 'mirror' reflecting who Weismann use to be- Nagare was the inheritor of Weismann's former ideals. He was stalled of any deviation from his path towards the Slate, because he, foremost, had to get Shiro there first. Shiro needed to tell us about his white rice party.

Each of the Greens had a matching job. Iwa was the foil to Munakata's justice; Sukuna was the self centered child that Yata grew out of; Fushimi proved his loyalty adjacent to Ninja's daggers-for-hire. What can I make from pairing Neko against Kotosaka? That Neko isn't parroting the words of her King? Neko got to speak her words from her own heart.
>>
>>135301450
Yellow has a huge boner for Fushimi basically but I think fans got mad at her after her novel because Fushimi ended up looking like he cared more about Munakata than Yata or something.
>>
>>135302302
>Fushimi ended up looking like he cared more about Munakata than Yata
That was mostly a father figure thing, really. Fushimi needed someone he could respect and admire, someone who didn't fail him. I think that deep down he was always a bit jealous of Yata being able to trust Mikoto so blindly. He needed to find someone like that himself before he could fix his other relationship issues.
>>
>I have limitless power of the slates,I'm as strong as the gold King and I can even hack and rewrite your immortality power !
>w-well, but I have friendship!
>so do I
>Yeah,but yours doesn't count
Just what the fuck
>>
>>135299798
Man, reading the new Dream of green chapters will be so painful from now on.
>>
>>135301913
>What can I make from pairing Neko against Kotosaka?
They were the leftovers, basically. Kotosaka didn't have much of a personality anyway. Neko helped Shiro a lot in the battle though.
>>
>>135301450
>that manga page
I want an OAD about Munakata being a dork and trolling everyone around him. It would be so much fun
>>
File: not a prince, a king.jpg (401 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
not a prince, a king.jpg
401 KB, 1200x1600
>>135305626
Manga Munakata >anime Munakata
>>
File: 6845132.jpg (203 KB, 753x1280) Image search: [Google]
6845132.jpg
203 KB, 753x1280
>>135305740
Yep. Though it's always nice to hear him with Sugita's voice.
>>
>>135305740
I wonder how confused are people who don't read the side materials about fushimi's loyalty to Munakata, considering best King is only at his best as a father figure in them
>>
What was the point of the Blue scar guy?
>>
>>135306928
Initially a cameo, then director's boner for everything Mikoto gave him Tsudaken as VA and stuck him in more scenes. So none.
>>
>>135296725
Shouldn't Weissman's body be an old wrinkled mummified corpse by now?
>>
>>135307245
The body itself is indestructible because of his immortality.
>>
>>135307245
No,since it was immortal when the slates were there. Now it's just an average 30-ish old body that will age normally.
>>
>>135304950
Unless final chapter reveals that some /a/nons were right and iwa and nagare really are still alive I hope
>>
>>135307406
Iwa perhaps, but I don't see how Nagare could possibly be alive, dude is missing a heart, it's already a miracle he could survive on slate magic for so many years. With that gone his chances are slimmer than Munakata's chances with Seri.
>>
>>135305740
Is this Seri Vision?
>>
File: a long-awaited meeting.png (298 KB, 783x672) Image search: [Google]
a long-awaited meeting.png
298 KB, 783x672
>>135307505
No, just random high-school girls. Munakata really is that fabulous.
>>
File: 1450044989162.jpg (44 KB, 365x522) Image search: [Google]
1450044989162.jpg
44 KB, 365x522
>>135299646

Wait. So it was the director's doing that the scene of Anna and Sukuna meeting wasn't included and that the unnecessary scene of Munakata seeing Mikoto was included
>>
File: t.jpg (46 KB, 606x501) Image search: [Google]
t.jpg
46 KB, 606x501
>>135307602
Both were the director's doing. Here's the direct translation in order.

>there are different explanations even within GoRA on Munakata seeing Mikoto
>Anna meeting Sukuna wasn't decided by GoRA either

The director has changed or added some useless/contradictory stuff before too. shipper trash
>>
File: 1444391228675.jpg (271 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1444391228675.jpg
271 KB, 1920x1080
>>135307678

Now it sounds like neither one was going to be included I am confused

I know he is the director and he gets the final say, but jesus christ. is there no communication among these people? No wonder there's so many plotholes
>>
>>135307761
There is but this is Japan where you have to be nice and in agreement all the time, so the director does get the final say. Sometimes he adds things that force GoRA to write more, see Zenjou's example above or adds dumb shit that contradicts the setting (like Anna's marbles being made of blood, that was so dumb even GoRA ignored it) or Homra's marks disappearing after Mikoto died (denied by GoRA). Not even getting into all the fanservice.
>>
File: 16.jpg (1 MB, 1020x1498) Image search: [Google]
16.jpg
1 MB, 1020x1498
>>135306928
He was supposed to be a walking death flag but in the end it turned out there wasn't much point to bringing him in at all. Well, I guess it gave them a reason to tell the viewers more about the Kagutsu incident.
>>
File: gakuenk.jpg (113 KB, 848x526) Image search: [Google]
gakuenk.jpg
113 KB, 848x526
>>135305626
Gakuen K OVA would be fun too.
>>
File: BgwmOHJCcAMk5d5.jpg large.jpg (111 KB, 788x1024) Image search: [Google]
BgwmOHJCcAMk5d5.jpg large.jpg
111 KB, 788x1024
>>135308668
By anyone but GoHands though. You know they'd screw it up somehow.
>>
File: 1404746713015.jpg (30 KB, 435x587) Image search: [Google]
1404746713015.jpg
30 KB, 435x587
>>135307678
Regarding this whole shipping thing I always wondered why he went with Mikoto and Munakata in the first place. I have no idea what's popular among nip fujoshi, but wouldn't pairings among their own clans with more "chemistry" make more sense because they get to see each other more often and shit?
Back then during S1 and with some of the side materials I wondered why he didn't go with Mikoto and Tatara for example instead since that guy was always acting like the admiring kouhai type and Mikoto pretty much sacrificed his life to revenge him. Kusanagi could've been an option as well, but he's paired up with Seri and probably too straight for fujoshi.
>>
Does anyone have the link to the gauken AU manga chapters?
>>
File: 1411673805472.jpg (20 KB, 309x391) Image search: [Google]
1411673805472.jpg
20 KB, 309x391
>>135309124
Well, Yui, I don't understand Japanese fujoshi, but I guess they like rival pairs, especially if they're pushed in their face all the time. Tatara was done a huge disservice by the anime anyway, he only acted as an admiring kouhai when he was a kid and later basically became Mikoto's lifeline. They were too close for comfort and fujoshi don't like it when things get too homo or real homo. Didn't help that he was dead from the very beginning as well.

>>135309377
I've only seen Chinese scans for them.
>>
S2 was pretty underwhelming.

Movie >>>>S1>S2
>>
File: 78515.png (777 KB, 800x1144) Image search: [Google]
78515.png
777 KB, 800x1144
>>135309555
Mikoto, Totsuka and Anna was the best family.
>>
>>135309124
Oh yeah and notice how those two suddenly appeared together in more scenes in the movie and S2, like Anna's dream or flashbacks? It's because the director finally read the side materials, I kid you not.
>>
File: fm39797.gif (379 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
fm39797.gif
379 KB, 480x270
>>
>>135307880
I bet he was responsible for making the last king's color grey because everybody else was expecting it to be purple
>>
>>135309644
If it weren't for Kusanagi, Anna would be better anywhere else. Has no one else wondered why Anna isn't in school? I hope I didn't miss that in the side materials.

But seriously, Kusanagi took care of everything. She lived above his bar with that deadbeat Mikoto, he fed her (at least Totsuka helped with that, and kept her company), clothed her, etc. All the money came from him (mafia funds, of course, but if he hadn't managed Homura everything would go to hell because we all know how shit Mikoto was at being a king).
>>
>>135310267
Kusanagi was the one with the money but it was literally Totsuka who raised her and kept the clan together. Don't know why she didn't go to school though, it's implied she spent most of her childhood in that Gold center and after Side Red had to overcome some trauma. GoRA did mention she might start going to school now.
>>
>>135310267
Kusanagi's uncle left him both the bar and a decent sum of money, so it wasn't all mafia related

But yeah, he was the better parent of the three to Anna and the glue holding everything together in Homra
>>
>>135310267
If Kusanagi and Seri really got together then maybe they can be something like her new parents now.
>>
>>135310493
Becoming Anna's foster parents is the worst death flag ever though.
>>
>>135310391
Giving someone advice and looking after them from time to time does not make you a parent anon. Totsuka was a babysitter at most
>>
File: nom nom.png (554 KB, 500x900) Image search: [Google]
nom nom.png
554 KB, 500x900
>>135310638
From time to time? 90% of the time she's not with Mikoto, she's with him. When she's got problems after becoming a king, it's his words that guide her. When she talks to others she basically acts like him. He's the one who makes her feel like home, who finds new interests for her and she opens up to him most of all. He's literally the first person not named Mikoto who gets close to her and then one she can't bullshit her way around. There's a reason they've been cramming a tonne of parallels between them after Anna became Homra's new leader.
>>
>>135310933
>tfw Anna knew Totsuka wouldn't live long if he stayed in Homra and still he wanted to remain there
>>
File: CXGzgDMUoAAahEZ.png (141 KB, 472x571) Image search: [Google]
CXGzgDMUoAAahEZ.png
141 KB, 472x571
>>135309124

Nip fujos like rivalry in their gay ships, and sappy romance shit with their het ones
>>
>>135312395
Anna warned him. It was entirely his decision.
>>
>>135312395
*with Mikoto
>>
>>135313047
It's still sad though. I wonder if she ever saw what would happen to Mikoto eventually. With her powers she probably at least had a hunch.
>>
>>135313230
I bet she knew a lot about him and about the other clansmen as well but she probably didn't talk much about it with them. In that way she and Totsuka were different, he seemed to be more of the type who would meddle in other peoples' business.
>>
>>135313597
It's funny though because at first sight he did seem the pushy type but in the end he let people decide for themselves and only gave advice when needed. I think Fushimi was the best example.
>>
File: 68413.jpg (268 KB, 869x1296) Image search: [Google]
68413.jpg
268 KB, 869x1296
>>135313196
Ok, my bad. I didn't remember the exact wording.
>>
>>135307678
There will be a long K interview with GoRA in tomorrows issue of Spoon2Di. Maybe it will have more info about how they handled things between the writers and the director.
>>
>>135310933
It's actually kind of cute to think of Mikoto and Totsuka as her sort of foster parents.
>>
>>135314267
That chapter was so cute. I wish the director or anime staff in general would be into fun and animate some DoB and MoR chapters. Pretty sure some of them could be turned into shorter BD specials.
>>
>>135314852
MoR has lots of cute scenes, though it's also pretty depressing how everything leads up to Totsuka being killed. I'd love to see more animated material with him too, he's a great character but it only comes across in the side material.
>>
What's the name ost in the end ?
The one who song op ss1 isn't?
>>
>>135315532
On that note, do we know if the soundtrack is released and if not when it will be?
>>
>>135315532
You mean the ED song in episode 13? That's Kizuna by angela.
>>135315962
There isn't any info about it yet as far as I know.
>>
Someone on Tumblr translated more tweets from the GoRA meeting: http://dijeh.tumblr.com/post/136056497708/here-have-some-news-and-hopefully-untranslated
>Kusanagi and Awashima aren’t dating, she just had him carry her bags
>the ending images were added by the director
>GoRA hasn’t decided whether Anna and Sukuna will get along or not
>>
>>135316722
They're crapping on Director-san's decisions here. I don't like that. There should consistent between the members of the staff. Things could become a fucking mess otherwise.
>>
>>135316578
>That's Kizuna by angela.
Thanks man
>>
>>135316722
> it’s possible that Munakata disliked Totsuka a little
Why would he do that? Did they ever even meet properly?
>>
>>135316722
>it’s possible that Munakata disliked Totsuka a little
That's weird. Why should he?
>>
>>135317100
>>135317114
No idea, can't read his thought pattern maybe? Too random/unpredictable? They're too similar? He was asking Suoh why risk so much for a simple clansman in the manga so he didn't seem particularly familiar with him.
>>
>>135275187
good soundtrack. really gave the show a unique feel.
>>
>>135309678

someone need to make a party hard gif
>>
>>135317114
>>135317100
Stealing his boyfriend.
>>
Did we ever find out who that doll/corpse was that colourless was dancing with (in Weisman's body) in the blimp? Safe to assume it was Claudia? I wish we knew more about what he did on his blimp for decades.
>>
>>135317461
Munakata pls
>>
>>135317477
Wasn't it a doll? Weismann was naive and all but he wasn't batshit.
>>
>>135316722

Man fuck this staff

Is like there's some internal conflict and they are taking it out on the show by shitting on each other's decisions. Talk about lack of professionalism
>>
>>135317631
>has a life size doll of his waifu kicking around
True, not batshit, just an average /a/non
>>
What are relationship between Munakata and Seri .
She didn't feel any love to him?
>>
>>135317707
She admires him a lot and is super loyal.
>>
>>135316722
>Green is the only one who knows Iwafune’s last words
This plus all the purple anemone shit pretty much assures me Nagare is alive. He's probably living as a hermit somewhere trying to revise his life's philosophy.
>>
>>135317100
>>135317114
>gets himself killed
>red king goes off the rails and wants to die too
>Munakata has to clean up the mess even though it means his own sword might fall
I would have disliked him a little too.
>>
File: 1349446861244.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1349446861244.gif
2 MB, 480x270
So is this really the end? Would love to see another season with them having no slates superpowers. Shiro would be even more useless than in second season.

But damn I'll miss all that nice art and music. And blue filter
>>
>>135317836
Refresh my memory, didn't jungle work with Colourless?
>>
>>135317685
Well, those are translated bits of fan tweets from the meeting so we don't really know the whole context. But yes, it makes you wonder what their communication with the director was like.
>>
>>135317631
I'm surprised he didn't end up unstable with his years of self imposed isolation. I totally wouldn't put it past him to make a doll out of his beloved imouto-chan
>>
>>135317812
I want to believe this.
>>
>>135317988
We do know from past interviews and stuff. They kind of sort of get along well but GoRA are beta as fuck so the director ends up doing everything he wants even if it doesn't fit.
>>
File: 9QMKe4c.jpg (11 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
9QMKe4c.jpg
11 KB, 443x332
>>135306041
Sugita should cosplay as Munakata
>>
>>135318070
Does Sugita have any hair left
>>
>>135317954
>hey colorless
>what if
>you troll this silver guy
>WHOA, I LIKE THIS
That's how it went.
>>
>each GoRA member has different interpretations of Munakata seeing Suoh
does actually seem to imply >>135317461. that's probably why they put "it's possible" in there, because according to some he stole Suoh from him, while others just think they were friends.
>>
>>135318427
Meant for
>>135317114
>>135317100
>>
>>135318112
Wigs exist
>>
>>135318427
How can Totsuka steal Suoh from Munakata when Munakata had only known Mikoto for like three years and met him once in a blue moon. I'm 99% sure that seeing thing refers to the last episode not to how Munakata sees Suoh in general. We already know he considers him a friend.
>>
>>135305740
Can someone post the page with a child strapped to his chest?

That was sassy as fuck.
>>
>>135318427
Should've sticked to his own clansmen then. Why bother with Mikoto when you can have superior Andy instead.
>>
File: 1336905572240.gif (403 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1336905572240.gif
403 KB, 640x360
>>135318734
OH SHIT ANDY
>>
>>135318427
That's retarded

Red and Blue never actually got along and R:B pretty much solidified that
>>
File: DoB-c2_10.jpg (950 KB, 1000x1438) Image search: [Google]
DoB-c2_10.jpg
950 KB, 1000x1438
>>135318671
best father.
>>
File: 1451245785819.png (518 KB, 634x551) Image search: [Google]
1451245785819.png
518 KB, 634x551
>>135318812
He just can't get anymore sassy.

Thanks anon
>>
File: DOB_chapter_6_32.png (398 KB, 936x623) Image search: [Google]
DOB_chapter_6_32.png
398 KB, 936x623
>>135318904
And majestic.
>>
File: 684131.jpg (934 KB, 1000x1447) Image search: [Google]
684131.jpg
934 KB, 1000x1447
>>135318812
>best father
Indeed.
>>
File: shitsuchou ;_;.jpg (484 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
shitsuchou ;_;.jpg
484 KB, 1200x1600
Munakata is a pretty damn admirable person desu, disregarding his awkwardness.
>>
File: DoB-c2_25.jpg (684 KB, 1000x1437) Image search: [Google]
DoB-c2_25.jpg
684 KB, 1000x1437
>>135319121
>>135319249
Fushimi should stop being so tsun towards him.
>>
>>135275187
>tfw Kusanagi-san's the only one that survived from being homo-paired with anyone

I bet it feels so great.
>>
>>135318979
By chance did the anime follow the manga a little if at all?
>>
>>135318801
What does red and blue not getting along have to do with it? One can have a crush on someone and not get along with their friend group.
>>
>>135275187
Better ending than this season deserved considering how much worse it was than season 1. Only thing I'd say would make it better was more detail about what the rest of the cast was doing now.
>>
>>135319508
And fatfuck has his cute childhood friend.
Both wear sunglasses, so this could mean in this universe, sunglasses protect you from the gay.
>>
File: 1451245132846.png (288 KB, 504x408) Image search: [Google]
1451245132846.png
288 KB, 504x408
>>135319889
>Both wear sunglasses, so this could mean in this universe, sunglasses protect you from the gay.

This is actually pretty convincing.
>>
>>135319508
Wait, didn't Sukuna succeed too? OP's picture even proves that.
>>
>>135320301
Sukana is forever Yukari's fuckboi.
>>
>>135320393
That's Kuroh

>>135320301
The writers are still deciding what to do with that so nothing confirmed
>>
>>135320583
Yeah, but it doesn't really show a homo pairing. If we're just saying what the end titles were implying, Sukuna was given a hetero pairing, even if it turns out to not be true.
>>
File: 1444490795432.png (552 KB, 614x949) Image search: [Google]
1444490795432.png
552 KB, 614x949
>>135320649

Well, that's true. I didn't think about it that way
>>
>>135320649
If we're going to judge by this >>135316722 the ending pictures probably don't mean much at all.
>>
>>135319603
There are many different K manga. Only K: The first and K: Return of kings follow exactly the same story as the anime, which is an original work.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.