[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's go...watch Yukikaze's battle. [Translator's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: yukikaze.jpg (60 KB, 576x776) Image search: [Google]
yukikaze.jpg
60 KB, 576x776
Let's go...watch Yukikaze's battle.

[Translator's note: Yukikaze means Courage Wind]
>>
>>135259924

OP's faggotry aside I hope tom Cruise does get to make the Live Action version
>>
>>135259924
>[Translator's note: Yukikaze means Courage Wind]
That's wrong.
>>
>>135259924
>not even hepburn'd
>yuki=courage
Kill you're translator.
>>
at first I thought you meant the vn
>>
>>135259950
It's going to be a shitty ass adaption, like Edge of Tomorrow, but if they make it a Top Gun 2, it will be still glorious.
>>
>>135260275
Top Gun loses all meaning in a modern world of dull CG stunts. EoT worked because the original material was pretty poor anyway, Yukikaze is going to make me firebomb some producers.
>>
>>135260317

>Top Gun loses all meaning in a modern world of dull CG stunts.

Tom went on record saying he wants to do Top Gun 2 with real jets and no CG bullshit, I assume that'd hold true with Yukikaze.
>>
>>135259951
Seems right to me, m8. Who would call their air fighting show Snow Wind?
>>
>>135260501
More like snow storm or blizzard.
>>
>>135260317
>>135260433
The problem is the audience will just assume it's all fake and it will still lose meaning. CG has destroyed film.
>>
>>135260275
Why is Tom Cruise trying to do every anime adaption he can? Pretty sure he dressed up as a woman and was trying to audition for Motoko in the GitS movie
>>
>>135260599
>CG has destroyed film.
No, it didn't. It just destroyed the special meaning of special effects. Now that anybody can achieve those same visuals by just having the computer work on it for a while, the special effects lose their value as stand-alone selling points of a movie, and turn into mere tools - which would be a good thing, if not for that other thing that is killing Hollywood.
Which is the attitude of the directors (and the audience). Everything needs to be faster, more special and more exciting than what came before. Budgets are going through the roof because if the last movie had explosions every 7 minutes, the new movie needs explosions every 6 minutes.
This attitude was effected by the CGI business, but it is not the same thing. CGI is just a tool. It's not inherently bad. It's just that they need to realize that their toolbox holds more than this one item. If you meet a carpenter and he tries to do everything with his hammer, than that is a shit carpenter. But that doesn't mean his hammer is to blame.
>>
>>135260750
>Now that anybody can achieve those same visuals by just having the computer work on it for a while
Good joke. CG completely takes me out of any movie it's used in. It's not even close to a shitty model shot on a painted sky.
>>
>>135260556
You can't fool me, bub. I've seen the kawaii uguu anime girls saying "yukii! yukii da!" for just snow lying on the ground.
>>
>>135260621

>Pretty sure he dressed up as a woman and was trying to audition for Motoko in the GitS movie

Would have been better than Scarjo
>>
>>135260051
Is Courage Yuuki or Yukii? or what? Who do I have to praise the translation skills of to get an accurate translation for Romanji around here?
>>
>>135260855
This is why people shouldn't even bother with lengthy explanation in /a/

This place already degenerates into /pol/tard level IQ and soon it will be no better than /b/
>>
>>135260948
勇気 yuuki
Retards tend to leave out u when it's after u or o and then you get fucked up romanizations like this.
>>
>there's actually a guy in the RAF with callsign "Snow Wind"

Dammit
>>
>>135260501
Yukikaze is a name with history attached to it.
>>
>>135261143
Dude's from the harrier squadron, amirite?
>>
>>135261069
Thank you, expertman
>>
>>135261061
I appreciated his lengthy statement on the use of CG in film and how it is not the true issue, but the audience's demand for every faster pacing.
>>
>>135259924
>watched the OVAs
2gay4me. Even that would have been fine if blondie hadn't been so intolerable. Yukikaze best girl.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.