[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: 1435865691503.png (3 MB, 1524x719) Image search: [Google]
1435865691503.png
3 MB, 1524x719
What went wrong?
>>
They didn't make Gundam SEED S3.
>>
>>135233628
How many Gundam shows are we getting next year?
>>
>>135233628
Try: Removed everything that made S1 good
Reco: Shit writing and directing
IBO: Glacial pace, focus on worthless shit known as Kudelia
>>
>>135233804
Unironically this, this post sums it up well even though I'd say that G-Reco was just bad and not shit
>>
Try: Bad main characters, lack of excitement
G-Reco: Tomino didn't get someone to help him with the writing
IBO: Slow pacing and redundant scenes every episode.
>>
>>135233628
Try and IBO really aren't as bad as people say. Never got to Reco, the shitposting drove me away.
>>
>>135233628
>GBF
Nothing

>G-Reco
Nonsensical characters

>IBO
Nothing
>>
>>135233715
So far just the rest of Origin and Thunderbolt
>>
>>135233628
your mother didnt abort
>>
>>135233628
Nothing. There's only one bad show on that pic and its name is Try.
>>
>>135233895
Why do you care about opinions of retards here?
>>
Probably making 5 different Gundam anime within a year of each other.
>>
>>135234116
how many studios does Sunrise have anon
>>
>>135234059
Because part of the reason I'd pick something up would be to talk about it, and if the threads are fucking awful, that turns me off it.
>>
>>135234141
>>
>>135233628
Gundam has been consistently shit for ages, even the originals have nonsensical characters and battles forced into almost every episode.
>>
>>135234141
Not enough to overcome half committing to everything and only barely caring if it's actually successful or not.
>>
>>135234171
>and battles forced into almost every episode.
This is something I'm really now a fan of. I really like downtime episode where there isn't any active combat.
>>
Do the people saying IBO is "slow" just want a fight in every episode, even when it makes no sense for one to happen?
>>
>>135233628
Try: Did you like build knuckle? Well, you're getting 25 episodes of that.
G-Reco: rushed as fuck, things would end almost abruptly, characters wouldn't even have enough time to mourn or think
IBO: Nothing happens, fight coreography is so bad it's laughable.
>>
>>135234389
G-Reco spoiled them
>>
>>135234443
Oh, and don't even let me get started on all the fucking exposition in IBO.
Not even 00 was this bad.
>>
>>135234246
>This is something I'm really now a fan of
I assume you mean not a fan of, same here it's the main reason Turn A and 0080 are my favorites they feel a lot more natural.
>>
>>135234389
IBO goes way further out of its way to create down time where there's no fighting than Tomino Gundam series do to have some sort of action scene every episode.

Like take this whole space pirate thing. They are supposed to be seeking Tekkadan and using MS with low fuel ranges, yet the first fight involves Tekkadan randomly running into them when they're both on long range recon followed by the pirates retreating to their ship super fucking far away (too fucking far away for Hammerhead's normal MS to reach after like another day of ship travel, apparently) and sitting on their ass waiting to get ambushed. That then results in 5 minutes of nearly nonsensical exposition explaining why the fuck they are going to run straight into the fucking pirates on their own terms instead of just going around them because they aren't being actively chased anyways.
>>
>>135234832
The pirates (or the leader, at least) thought they had managed to snatch up a prisoner/hostage.

They're going after the pirates on their own terms due to (more or less) gangster honor. I don't remember that discussion taking five minutes. Are you sure you didn't conflate it with Takaki's medbay drama and the fallout that happens when the pirate leader realizes he doesn't have a hostage after all?
>>
>>135234389
>It makes no sense to have fights in an armed conflict
>>
>Hating on G-reco
Edgy!
>>
>>135234389
I want world building and fleshed out characters and factions rather than watching people stand around like idiots taking turns explaining the basic dynamics of their world without ever showing it.
>>
>>135233628
They should've just rolled all three into one show. G-Reco animation with Try's action and IBO's plot direction would've been GOAT Gundam.
>>
>>135233628
TRY: Shit MCs, side characters were way more interesting, shit fights save for the Tryon-3 fight. shitty finishing moves takes the fun out of MS battles.

G-reco: Tomino writing the dialouge for the whole thing instead of just writing the scenario, Tomino can't into 25 episode pacing, glossed over plot points.

IBO: fucking glacial pacing, too many exposition, and pointless repeats of them, shitty battle choreography, sub par animation for Sunrise/gundam
>>
>>135234389
I'm fine with little action scenes. Not every episodes needs them. One of the main problems with G-reco is that every episode has them, where they could've skimmed some more unnecessary ones to slow down a bit and get the audience to get used to the setting and characters.

The problem is the fact that the fights in IBO are super fucking underwhelming. I wouldn't even mind average animation as long as the fight scenes are well directed. Case in point, the first GBF. The animation's not great, but some of the fights are top tier due to how it's set up and choreographed.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.