[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This made me feel nostalgic for things I never had. I thought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: only-yesterday.jpg (79 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
only-yesterday.jpg
79 KB, 1280x720
This made me feel nostalgic for things I never had.
I thought you guys said Ghibli was shit?
>>
>>135154697

>That period scene
>>
>that part where she starts running home in excitement and starts running into the sky

My heart lifted with her. fucking great film
>>
>watching ghibli shit
>>
>that scene when she gets her shit slapped
Dad was super moe
>>
>>135154927
>having shit taste
>>
>>135154697
>I thought you guys said Ghibli was shit?
Who the fuck said that?
>>
>>135155130
see>>135154927
>>
great movie, takahata a best
>>
>>135154697
>This made me feel nostalgic for things I never had.
It's a superior proto-NNB.
>>
>>135155614
fuck off nnb fag don't even think about comparing something retarded as nyanpasu to only yesterday
>>
>>135154697
>I thought you guys said Ghibli was shit?

Wut? Nobody says that seriously.

That movie specifically is shit though, and precisely because its about being over nostalgic.
>>
>>135155614
nnb is B moe whereas OY is slice of life at its very best
>>
>>135155852
Very good criticism.
>>
File: concrete_road.jpg (22 KB, 240x200) Image search: [Google]
concrete_road.jpg
22 KB, 240x200
>>135154697

The only people who say Ghibli sucks is contrarians trying to be cool by hating popular things. Which is what /a/ thrives on.

Watch stuff and decide for yourself.
>>
>the scenes where her laugh lines make her look sixty instead of forty

Creepy as fuck.
>>
>>135158249
I was watching a documentary on the making of this movie and Takahata literally said this was the hardest part of making the movie for him, it's hard to draw middle-aged women.
>>
Ending was melodramatic and didn't jive with the very deliberate pacing and grounded narrative of the entire thing that led up to it.
>>
>>135155130
Kyoanifags
>>
>>135155891
>whereas OY is slice of life at its very best
Hidamari Sketch is slice of life at its very best.
>>
>>135158249
>>135158515
She's like, supposed to be in her 20s. They made everything about her feel older, what they did honestly isn't realistic at all.

>>135158591
Kind of agree with this too. The whole thing was somewhat of a mess, based around a manga that never had an adult narrative in the first place.
>>
When people say Ghibli sucks, they mean Miyazaki sucks.

Omohide poroporo is Takahata's work.
>>
>>135158708
I think there's a plurality of "very bests" and while I haven't seen hidamari yet I'm pretty unconvinced
definitely looking forward to watching it though, I hope it's as good as you say
is it shinbo? never been particularly fond of him desu
>>
>>135158801
Mononoke is good though
>>
>>135158877
No, it's dogshit. The vast majority of enjoyment people get from Miyazaki's work is one of "wow, look at this weird and wacky culture!". That's epitomised by Spirited Away, the most popular of his works. Look at all the wacky mythological characters, how exciting.
>>
File: 1397749207039.jpg (58 KB, 401x400) Image search: [Google]
1397749207039.jpg
58 KB, 401x400
>>135158991
>Look at all the wacky mythological characters
Why don't you like cool things?
>>
>>135158991
So why is it dogshit?

A "weird and wacky culture" is not a criticism nor is it a illegitimate reason to like something.
>>
>>135158991
You are gay
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.