[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can I finish all these before the new year hits?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: [backlog intensifies].png (62 KB, 913x816) Image search: [Google]
[backlog intensifies].png
62 KB, 913x816
Can I finish all these before the new year hits?
>>
>>135078079
Nope.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 960x539) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 960x539
Backlog thread?

Tell me what to watch first /a/.
>>
File: My Anime Backlog.png (23 KB, 408x544) Image search: [Google]
My Anime Backlog.png
23 KB, 408x544
>>135078079

Stay up from now until January 1st and you possible can.

I wonder how long it would take me to finish all of this.
>>
>>135078079

I vouch either Hibike Euhponium or Nagato Yuki-chan

>>135078130

There's a lot of good shit on there you've not watched you can pick anything and not go wrong, I'd go with Trigun though but read the manga after if you feel like since the anime is just an abridged version of the overall story.
>>
>>135078079
No, I think it's actually impossible.

Or at least, assuming these are all 12 episodes or so, it's impossible.
>>
>>135078130
Gatchaman goes by pretty quickly.
>>
>>135078130
I'm curious how 98% of these are backlog did you just start watching anime or somthing?

I'm voting Macross or Planetes

Save genshiken for when you got more under your belt
>>
>>135078708
>>135078660
Thanks
>>135078826
I'm too lazy to start a lot of series, even though I've watched anime for years. I figured consolidating my shit into a list would help me to actually start it. Thanks for suggestion.
>>
File: backlog.png (105 KB, 370x605) Image search: [Google]
backlog.png
105 KB, 370x605
Slice of life and non slice of life separated because SoL is for starting the morning and non slice of life is for watching multiple episodes later in the day,

>>135078079
Finish up the AOTY my friend

Rolling Girls

>>135078130
You can choose literally anything but I'm a Planetes fan.
>>
Dont make animus an obligation.
>>
>>135078079
70% of this list is garbage so you'll drop most of it. So probably.
>>
>>135078079
Yeah. Should take you about a week at most.
>>
>>135078130
>FLCL
>Bebop
>Black Lagoon
>Steins Gate
>Penguindrum
>all on backlog
This is either bait or you have literally watched one anime in your lifetime.
>>
>>135079821
Barakamon was surprisingly pretty good. Can't go wrong with that.
I haven't watch Inari konkon's anime, but the manga was decent.
Kamichu! is a mixed bag. Some episodes are my all time favorites, while others were extremely boring.
Tamako Market is pretty polarizing, and I'd say it depends on your reaction to Dera. Its one of my favorite anime, and I liked Dera, but a lot of people found him really annoying.
>>
I should probably start one of these
>>
Yeah no
>>
>>135078079
you would have to watch all those shows non-stop, while skipping the OP and ED while watching at 1.10x speed just to make it
>>
>>135078079
Even if we count only 12 episodes per series, that should require at least 15 hours of anime each day. In that case, it's possible, but why would you want that?
>>
>>135078079
You absolutely can OP, just do what i do when I watch anime. Watch them muted on 2x speed, read the subs and play your favorite music in the background. You can easily watch all of them by then, hell you could even add some more titles you havent seen.
>>
>>135080352

I know this is bait but people really do things like this and it makes me sick. You obviously don't really enjoy the medium. Do you think you are going to win something for sitting through more titles than someone else? Is having an MAL with a fuckton of completed series somehow worth wasting all that time half-watching stuff you don't really care about?

What is wrong with people who do this?
>>
>>135080586
It's really no different than reading through a manga faster. I understand I might be getting less enjoyment, but it's worth it if I can watch more anime in my lifetime. Nothing bothers me more than knowing there are shows that are good that I'll never watch because there's not enough time.

What would suck for me is if they come out with anti aging technology in the future so it doesn't matter that I watch them sped up.... But i'll continue to hedge my bets.
>>
>>135079821
Ugh go back to reddit
>>
>>135080707

But you're not even watching the things you watch.

The music, sound direction, and voice acting are a huge part of the experience. You disgust me.

You're like someone who goes to a five star restaurant and wolfs down their food and guzzles a whole bottle of fine wine without tasting or enjoying it.

Why bother? You aren't even getting anythign out of the experience. Why waste your time?
>>
File: 1445351532857.png (56 KB, 662x476) Image search: [Google]
1445351532857.png
56 KB, 662x476
>>135080707
Ge-Genos-kun...?
>>
>>135080794
There's no music, sound direction or voice acting in manga, do manga readers disgust you too? I'd read manga but it is just my preference to watch it in video form, plus there are many series' that arent from a manga.
>>
>>135078079

No, because before new year starts, you'll prolly an hero so no anime for you.
>>
>>135080872

I read more manga than I watch anime actually. But I sit down, pay attention and read it. I don't try to read it while also doing something else. I enjoy and care about the medium enough to give it my attention when I'm consuming it.

I will never understand people like you. You're half-assing something for no reason. You're not getting even close to the full experience out of something you are supposed to enjoy and appreciate, it's insulting to the people who worked on it.
>>
>>135080872
>>135080985

Furthermore, your excuse is that there's "not enough time," and that just shows that you haven't actually experienced enough of the medium to develop any taste. I hold down a demanding full time job, and watch usually 15-20 shows per season, plus work on backlog, and read a ton of manga. Unless you are trying to watch and read literally every piece of garbage that gets produced, you have no excuse for speeding through everything like that. You're missing out on actually enjoying the good stuff just to gobble down all the shit. It's disturbing.
>>
>>135080985
So reading manga while listening to a bit of relaxing music would ruin the whole experience? Cause that's the only other thing that I'm doing, and it's really the only thing that separates me from you.
>>
>>135078079
If you watch nonstop you'll barely make it.
>>
>>135081133

While I don't listen to music while reading manga, it's not something that I would look down on at all if that's what you want to do. For me I prefer to focus fully on one thing and enjoy it for all it's worth, but having some background music while reading is not even in the same universe as speed watching anime with no sound. You are missing a huge part of the experience. Many many people put in many many hours of work on music, voice acting, sound design, and effects, and you are not getting the benefit of any of it. Plus, you are not hearing the spoken Japanese, so you are deriving no language ;earning benefit from your so-called hobby, (just a side note, as I got into watching anime as listening practice for learning the language years ago,) you are just cutting out a lot of good things for seemingly no reason. If you claim to enjoy anime then you should enjoy it in my opinion. That means watching it as it was intended, with sound, at the normal speed. You're treating it like some perverse contest and no one cares how much you choke down.
>>
>>135081336
Goddamn anon you are really shutting me down. I don't think i can go on anymore, I just actually feel bad about myself now. Sorry for wasting your time, that is the last time I pretend to be a retard, I promise.
>>
>>135081422

I'm glad anon. I'm a little drunk and it's sort of silly to get mad at anonymous strangers on the internet, but imagining someone making a desperate attempt to not miss anything good, and as a result actually missing everything good just really grinds my gears.

I'm glad I made a decent argument. I am a lawyer after all.
>>
>>135081670
You have my utmost respect, anon. Fighting for justice at every turn. These issues matter too so keep doing your thing.
>>
Wow I was expecting this fight to make a turn for the worse. Glad we sorted that out. Now both of you please find a room and fuck already.
>>
File: backlog_11.15.png (235 KB, 568x712) Image search: [Google]
backlog_11.15.png
235 KB, 568x712
>>135078079
If you want, but half of those look like garbage.

>UBW
>OPM
>Heavy Object
>Logos
>NNB Repeat
>Shirobako
>YrYr
>YuYuYu
>Owarimonogatri
>Gaim

Worth watching.

>>135078130
Symphogear

>>135078161
Wixoss
>>
>>135082166

Lot of good stuff on there, anon. I'd say you have good taste, but you haven't watched any of it yet.

I'd say start with Azumanga Daioh, a lot of people say it hasn't aged well, but I recently rewatched it and found it funnier and more charming than I remembered it being.

If you're in the mood for a little more drama and some violence with your cute girls, go with Sora no Woto.
>>
>>135082166
>>135082337

Also, you should start Hidamari Sketch right away, but don't rush through it. You're going to want to make it last. There are a lot of episodes to watch but when it's over you will want to kill yourself. One to two episodes per day at maximum, preferably in the morning right after getting up and/or at night right before bed.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.