[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kyousougiga
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 12
File: Kyousogiga_Cast.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Kyousogiga_Cast.png
1 MB, 1024x768
never mentioned on /a/
never discussed here
never appeared on the "watch these before asking for recommendations" charts
never appeared on those neither ass a hidden gem neither as a stylish one
had to know of it because it represents /hr/ in that pic that represents each board as an anime

why
>>
It was when it aired. Everyone hyped the shit out of it, but then it wasn't that great or wasn't as good as the original OVA or whatever. I haven't even watched it.
>>
proof that /a/ never talks about good anime
>>
I dunno man.
It was fun while it was airing. It was the first show I watched with /a/ actually.
>>
>>135043887
the original OVA was godly animated, but was nosensical, then came the ONAs and then the 10 episodes show
>>
>>135043942
Proof that /a/ never talks about anything that isn't airing. Kyousougiga fags were pretty obnoxious.
>>
>original style
>character driven plot
>interesting characters that do not fall into cliche'd stereotypes
>character development about the value of the family beyond blood
>tomboy protagonist being kawaii as fuck without getting distracted by things that would hurt the character, such as love
>>
>>135043997
that doesn't make the show bad in the slightest
>>
>>135043997
Or then again, it might have also been the rampant reverse trolling.
>>
>>135044063
But this fallacy that /a/ never discusses X is always false.
>>
>>135043997
NNBfags were way worse that seaosn.
>>
File: retalation.jpg (50 KB, 370x260) Image search: [Google]
retalation.jpg
50 KB, 370x260
>>135044091
okay plebeian, you win this one
>>
>>135043942
>>135043997
it's the lack of waifu-centrism

/a/ only talks about shows filled with cute girls doing cute things, it is becoming japan itself
>>
>>135044179
>12 / 1 / 3 / 4
Just fuck off.
>>
>>135044227
>13/1/4/?
make me
>>
>>135043827
First off, this shit had constant threads while it was airing, you retarded fucking newfag.
Secondly, the second half was shit.
>>
Because some of us are still mad. Mad about it not living up to the ONAs. Mad about they changing the themes. Mad about them using such a straightforward storytelling, contrary to what the ONAs were. Mad about they getting rid of the kiss.
>>
Because /a/'s shit taste makes them unable to appreciate how good the ending of the TV series actually was.
>>
>>135043827
OP, you must have missed the monthly threads it had last year.

>>135043887
Didn't THEM Anime Reviews and ANN praise it to the heavens?
>inb4 anime reviews
>>
>>135045128
>anime reviews
Seriously nigger?

Also stop bumping this shit thread.
>>
>>135043942
I really liked it but that doesn't mean I feel like talking about it every time a newshit discovers it.
Discussion on /a/ is not supposed to be some sort of reward.
>>
/a/ doesn't like discussing shows that have positive themes or endings. Even if they're staples or board classics, like Aria, they'll mostly just devolve into "wow this show is comfy"
Kyousogiga, being a show all about family togetherness, is a prime example of something that no anon would ever think to be caught praising here since most faggots on this board are too busy ruining their lives with an internet addiction to actually talk to their family, much less show them appreciation
>>
>>135045328
Love Live has mostly positive themes (drama aside) but people here tend to like it. Also, a show being seen as comfy isn't necessarily a bad thing.
>>
>>135043827
Hype was for the PV/trailer and the OAV shorts, which got people speculating how it all fits together. The tv series didn't quite live up to it, as it retconned a few allusions from the promotional music video (bunny fight for instance), so people kept waiting for the big bang/twist they were sorta promised, but it never happened and then the series was over, leaving you with a "that's it?" sort of feeling. So it ended up being a nice little drama about family ties, but it wasn't quite the ride of secrets within secrets people initially signed up for, based off the original 5 minute promo vid.
>>
>>135043827
Good thing that I didn't really care about it like >>135046068 until a few months ago when a friend recommended it to me. I think it was a pretty good show but there's almost no reason to have regular discussion about it. So I don't know why you are surprised OP. Or maybe you are a newfriend?
>>
>>135043887
The OVA was just some random, colorful shit. The series was awesome. 8/10
>>
>>135045503
They like it and talk about it because they want to screw half the cast.
>>
>>135043827
There was a thread less than a month ago.
>>
>>135043827
It has a good OST too.
In the future just create a thread about a show instead of baiting replies with "/a/ never talks about this thing I like."
>>
There were tons of threads when this aired, and it was partially responsible for Kekkai Sensen's early popularity on /a/. If you think this show is never talked about, you're a newfag or blind.
>>
>>135043827
Being a newfag doesn't give you room to be a little bitch. Plenty of ways to start Kyousougiga threads.
>>
File: Koto smile.webm (453 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Koto smile.webm
453 KB, 1024x576
>>135043827
There just isn't a lot to discuss. This happens with a lot of good shows after they've aired. If you want a thread about it though you need to make a proper op.

I loved this show and it is still a favorite of mine. The family centered plot was comfy as hell.
Some people were disappointed and thought it wasn't as good as the oav but I never really understood this. It was a lot more put together and logical so that may be part of it, as the oav was a little more random and maybe had a more artistic feeling.
Still though Kyousougiga stands as one of best shows this medium has to offer as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>135043827
Loved it, but there really isn't much to talk about.
>>
I just wish there was a more "HD-y" release, like they did with FLCL and the likes, I just love the style but everything seems so low-res compared to other anime and I don't really understand why
>>
>never discussed here
We can only discuss how cute Koto is

>never mentioned on /a/
Sasuga indeed

Is my favorite anime, rewatched 7 or 8 times since is short and feels really fast.
>>
Have some more Koto, my 2nd best Kugimiya.
>>
>>135043827
The animation was shit, could have been great if the anime didnt look like flash scribbles...
>>
>Kyousougiga
Oh fuck off, this show felt like it always had a thread up when it was airing. I loved the OVAs.
>never discussed here.
Lurk more.
>>
The OVA and ONA were great, the TV series was kinda slow. I'm glad it got a real ending though.
>>
>>135043827
>being new

When it aired it was talked about quite a bit. After it finished it still got the occasional waifushit thread
>>
It was pretty great. Koto was a qt.
>>
File: toei animation.jpg (1 MB, 3500x2471) Image search: [Google]
toei animation.jpg
1 MB, 3500x2471
It was pretty great.

The ending wrapped everything up very nicely, but it still left me feeling a little cold.
>>
File: 1440636101634.jpg (40 KB, 261x260) Image search: [Google]
1440636101634.jpg
40 KB, 261x260
>>135050827
>the animation was shit
I really hope you're baiting anon, they fit perfectly the silly atmosphere of the show.
>>
File: gumonshoe1426242030.jpg (52 KB, 600x580) Image search: [Google]
gumonshoe1426242030.jpg
52 KB, 600x580
>>135051016
I want her figure but I'm afraid to buy it off ebay.
>>
koto is THE BEST daughteru
>>
>>135043827
Because it was a jumbled mess that didn't know what to do with its own premise.
>>
too bad matsumoto blew it on kekkai sensen, eh?
>>
There was one chapter that was incredible. Maybe the third or second one. That the monk guy realized that Koto was connected to his dissapeared parents.

I just remember it was amazing, but i cant remember shit.
>>
>>135050827
>I don't like cartoons that look like cartoons

Then quit watching cartoons and read a book, you elitist twat.
>>
>>135043827
This shit had great OST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQnfqDbJxXI
>>
I loved the way that they would start playing the beginning of the ED at the end of the episodes, always got me hyped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYDKDrQaJ9Q 0:25 always makes me feel sad for some reason
>>
>>135051347
>This video contains content from columbia. It is not available in your country.
>>
>>135043827
Poor Kyosonigga overshadowed by Kill la Kill.
>>
File: 1447866975173.jpg (44 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1447866975173.jpg
44 KB, 640x480
>>135051161
>didn't know what to do with its own premise
What are you taking about? It was wrapped pretty good, almost everything was explained and concluded.
just tell that you couldn't processed a show that wasn't even hard to understand.
>>
>>135043827
It was discussed when it aired and now that everyone's already watched it, they don't give it shit to discuss it since it ended up being fairly mediocre.
>>
>>135043827
It got attention while it was airing and still gets an occasional thread, like this one. The end was a bit disappointing but overall I still like it.
>>
>>135043827
There isn't much to discuss. There was a lot of theorycrafting when the first episodes aired, but then the second half was just meh and didn't come anywhere near to living up to the hype.
It had fun characters, nice style and good music, but as a whole it wasn't too memorable.
>>
when's the game
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.