[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best fansubs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1450247584981.jpg (265 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
1450247584981.jpg
265 KB, 1440x1080
Hey /a/, how do I know which fansubs are the best for an anime?
>>
Whichever one releases the show you want to watch fastest and most consistently.
>>
I used to be a big fan of GG. Commie is pretty good nowadays, but I don't know if they actualy still fansub anything.
>>
>>134967421

>commie
>good
>ever
>>
>>134967421
>they actualy still fansub anything.
they're doing like 10 shows this season
>>
>>134967475
Their idea for Girls und Panzer was pretty good. I'd prefer if they used the German in a more intelligent way, though. Perhaps how a weeaboo sub would use Japanese. Use German for social words like "hi" and "bye", and also for important words. Panzerfahren was a really good translation, but "Brot" was just dumb. They should use the German more for concepts, and less for random words, and when they use a German word, they need to do it every time.

Also, they were brave with their translation of Attack on Titan. The only group to actually attempt to translate the Japanese experience to English, rather than following the author's stupid idea that Western audiences deserve a gimped version with poor language, only Japanese people deserve the best expeience. It was pathetic that the other groups listened to him. Would they add cencor bars if the author said Westerners shouldn't see fanservice and that should only be for Japanese people, too? The only mistake they did here was that they should use "ettin", not "eoten"

>>134967607
Oh, I didn't know. I heard many groups don't really sub anything, they just rerelease what Crunchyroll does. Good of them, though, if they still do. I don't really watch seasonal anime.
>>
>>134967819
>The only mistake they did here was that they should use "ettin", not "eoten"
Why use the modern version?
>>
>>134968042
It's impossible to know how to pronounce eoten, it's just a complicated word for the sake of having a complicated word. There was nothing in the show that would suggest that using an old fashioned spelling would be better.
>>
>>134966812
>how do I know which fansubs are the best for an anime?

Clues:
Doesn't use words like "gonna," "gotta," or "wanna."
Editor knows how to use ONLY correctly.
Doesn't use "were" when "was" should be used.
Puts numbers into the subs, instead of spelling the numbers out.
Correctly uses "Sempai" with an M.
Japanese name order. WITH honorifics.
Japanese is properly romanized.
Lyric translations aren't overly wordy but more direct and literal
Proper punctuation.
When a character is addressed in a sentence, the name in the subs in the sentence is in the right place, instead of Always At The End.

My standards are rather high.
>>
Are there any other fansubs outside of Commie these days? gg is dead. Vivid does what, two a season? FFF and UTW are as good as dead.
>>
>>134968724
Yes
>>
>>134968724

Doki.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.