[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it wrong to use the suffering of girls to put off the ice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 39
File: kyubey.jpg (62 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
kyubey.jpg
62 KB, 1280x720
Is it wrong to use the suffering of girls to put off the ice death of the universe?
>>
>>134951700
that is not even the wrong question
>>
>>134952030
It is the central question of Madoka, yes, but no one seems to ask it
>>
If this makes my dick more hard no problem.
>>
Reminder that on episode 4 Madoka found it terrible that magical girls leave no trace behind when they die and are forever deemed as disappearance victims, forgotten by everyone but those unlucky enough to have to mourn their passing on. Her wish did jack to address this.
>>
>>134952266
I thought the whole point wasn't that it was asking yiu that question so much as it was telling you "this is how the universe works, we don't care if it is or isn't cruel, enjoy your shitty existence"
>>
>>134951700
yes, if you can wish the suffering away
>>
File: Puella_cave_girls.jpg (89 KB, 850x500) Image search: [Google]
Puella_cave_girls.jpg
89 KB, 850x500
>>134951700
Considering it's an event that'll occur billions of years from now, yes.

On the other hand.
>>
File: image.jpg (391 KB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
391 KB, 2400x2400
Riffraff, street rat I don't buy that if only they'd look closer would they see a poor girl? No, siree they'd find out there's so much more to meeeeeee.
>>
File: 1427570251599.gif (437 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1427570251599.gif
437 KB, 480x270
>>134951700
If he's telling the truth, then no, it's not wrong. Regardless, Kyubey was my favourite character.
>>
>>134951700
No. Kyuubey has the fate of the universe at heart, while all the girls only care about themselves. He's the true hero of the series.

>>134952492
But anon, everyone is forgotten once they die. Everyone.
>>
>>134952500
The incubators are instrumental in it though. If they did not offer the choice for girls to become magical girls then this could not continue. If causing suffering is a negative, then they should not want to extend the lifespan of the universe, since life's existence only leads to suffering.
>>
>>134952492
...what do you mean.

Her wish means that SHE is the one who remembers them, even if they're forgotten by everybody else.
>>
Kyubey isn't evil, in fact he's basically the only sane character in the show. If you think about it in a logical and objective standpoint, it's fairly insane to do extreme things out of sways of emotion. Basically what the main cast does.
>>
File: image.jpg (651 KB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
651 KB, 2400x2400
>>
>>134952831
With no body left behind there's no trace of anything wrong until people actually notice the missing girl. For some of them, such as Mami, it could take a while, which is why Madoka found it to be a very bad thing. And their underground life as magical girls actually serves as a way to promote them to distance themselves from mainstream society and their friends, which on its own increases the number of girls on a situation like that of Mami's.

>>134952992
Well that's a good point. But then there's the issue that when she ascends only Homura is left to remember her, leaving Homura to be the one greving for her back on Earth.
>>
>>134952573
>>134953055
That's very nice of you to share anon, now run along to /c/.
>>
Who gives a shit ?
See the cattle lesson by Kyubey.
Humans do the same things too.
>>
>>134952266
>>134952728
No, that is definitely not the central question of Madoka. It doesn't matter whether it's wrong or right, it's a question of the Greater Good.
Sacrificing little girls for the sake of the Greater Good is inhumane, and that is exactly what Madoka is telling QB. In a civilized human society, you cannot weigh human lives against each other or against some Greater Good. It may objectively be the right thing to do, but it's just inhumane.
And that is exactly why Madoka is telling QB that they are the enemy of humanity.

>>134953013
The human moral system is not fully logical, and that is for very good reason.
The QBs do the right thing in their moral system, but it is fully against humanistic moral systems.
>>
>>134953013
From a Human standpoint he is though.

Total heat death will happen long after our sun explodes, and our species is eradicated. Asking us to die to prolong the universe, despite our non-presence in it, is just using us for their gain.

QB is definitely the protagonist if your perspective is that of the universe, but to us humans, he is pure evil.
>>
>>134953154
Magical cattle uprising against humanity when?
>>
File: image.jpg (175 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
175 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>134953154
Humans generally do it to beings which probably cannot even comprehend their own death.
>>
>>134953013
It isn't sane to want suffering to continue. Rather, letting the universe die is actually the logical conclusion to the situation, since suffering is not good and the universe causes suffering.
>>
File: MSMM - 144.jpg (775 KB, 2149x3035) Image search: [Google]
MSMM - 144.jpg
775 KB, 2149x3035
Not really, I suppose.
There's also nothing wrong with people opposing it - not because 'it's wrong', but because they care more about people who will get hurt in result or about world fitting to their standards than the ice death of the universe.
Or will someone provide me with The Proper Definition of 'wrong'?

Making a contract without properly considering how you'll be living as a witchhunter is kinda stupid either way.

Also, what's the exact correlation between emotional state, soul gem's brightness and magical reserves?
It all kinda seems to be happening in synch, but what's the cause and what's the result?
>>
Aren't the Incubators doing the exact same thing they do to Earth on countless other planets throughout the universe?
>>
>>134953285
As far as we know Earth is the only one that could have been wiped clean of life because of them.
>>
>>134953128
>Well that's a good point. But then there's the issue that when she ascends only Homura is left to remember her, leaving Homura to be the one greving for her back on Earth.
until she dies. She was kinda counting on HomuHomu to be stoic. Whoops.
>>
>>134953166
>>134953171
Our moral system is heavily based off what releases dopamine and what doesn't. Anything you find good or bad morally has probably been drilled into you from society and you just became emotionally invested in them. On a cosmic scale, those morals don't matter at all. Kyubey's moral system would than be more 'sane' because it takes into accounts things in a larger, more logical way like prolonging the universe.
>>
>>134953335
no, Koobs implies that they'll do it again after they harvest Madoka.

So we come back to the question. Is it evil, or not. Because if it is, then it's totally unacceptable no matter how many times they do it, and if it's not, who cares how many species they have to sacrifice to keep the universe going?
>>
File: madoka.jpg (470 KB, 1198x1123) Image search: [Google]
madoka.jpg
470 KB, 1198x1123
>>134951700
Anyone who makes Madoka cry is wrong regardless of their intention.
>>
File: image.jpg (570 KB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
570 KB, 2400x2400
>>134953281
I though about this and decided magical boys would actually be better magical girls than girls would. They would make better which hunters and can also have just as much emotion. I think most boys would wish for some sort of power which would help them do what they need to do as magical boys.
>>
>>134953055
>>134952573

POO2LOO
>>
>>134953399
The most logical moral system would be one that prolongs one own species' existence.

I'm saying that you aren't incorrect that QB's morality is valid in that they want to protect the universe, because their species relies on the universes constant existence.

People only need to guarantee their own personal survival because the universe will last much longer than our own species.

QB is just dealing with a much bigger picture than the humans, so both are valid. However, being a human, I side with the humans.
>>
>>134953524
They Hokage of India said toilets in every house by the end of the decade so I think it's okay.
>>
>>134953399
It's more sane from a cosmic standpoint. It's insane from a human standpoint. For obvious reasons, Madoka is taking the human standpoint.
You're right in that what you find good or bad depends on the society you live in. I'm a German, and our moral framework has been strongly influenced by the holocaust. It's drilled into us that one may never kill humans or let them die for any reason.
However, from a human standpoint, I do find that very reasonable.
>>
>>134953489
Nope. Koobs specifically says it has to be girls. Or of course they'd have used them too. Double the misery for free.
>>
What's to be gained from keeping the universe going, for humanity?
>>
>Claims it doesn't understand deception
>Admits it leaves out the details of souls leaving bodies and MGs becoming wishes so girls will be more likely to make contracts

That is literally deception. QB doesn't need it among its own people, but it clearly learned it had to manipulate humans to get them to play along.
>>
File: 1449588828079.png (1 MB, 880x759) Image search: [Google]
1449588828079.png
1 MB, 880x759
>>134953583
They still have to deal with the toilet witch, how are they going to do it?
>>
>>134953640
>>Claims it doesn't understand deception
That is wrong.
He doesn't understand emotions. Deception is not emotion.
>>
>>134953640
I sometimes wonder whether QB was lying about being unable to lie. Maybe they do have emotions, too.
>>
>>134953593
Why not to turn boys who're willing to participate into girls?
>>
>>134953171
>Total heat death will happen long after our sun explodes, and our species is eradicated. Asking us to die to prolong the universe, despite our non-presence in it, is just using us for their gain.

You're implying we won't have left the solar system by then. And Kyubey was mentioning the vast alien civilizations using shittons of power every instant as well. Imagine we finally leave Earth to explore the cosmos, only the aliens are dead or hermits because they ran out of energy for their cities and spaceships. That would be lame.
>>
>>134953703
He mentioned that in his species, emotions are a mental disorder, that means a select few must have them. But they're oddities.
>>
File: image.jpg (786 KB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
786 KB, 2400x2400
>>134953593
Idk I think that's just a plot point because nobody would watch a magical boy show in chibi animation.
>>
>>134953593
What if a girl wishes to be a boy?
>>
So does any being with emotions create extra energy? Kinda like spiral energy?
>>
>>134953775
I don't think most people actually believe we'll make it as a civilization out of the solar system.
>>
>>134953775
Kyubey's original plan would have destroyed life on earth though.
>>
>>134953885
Those people are the reason we don't have cities on Mars already, and I hate them for that.
>>
>>134952848
Wow, this thread took off!
Anyway, the impression I got from the incubators is that they just don't care about suffering or happiness, but just the universe, and while yes, happiness vs the greater good was a motif of the show, I got the vobe that it was more about the consequences of personal choice and the burden of unexpected responsibility/conflict.

But I digress...
If I were to answer your question, I would say for humans "No, its not right to make girls suffer to delay the inevitable", and incubators are fatalistic yet omnicient enough to be numb to morality.
>>
>>134953703
>I sometimes wonder whether QB was lying about being unable to lie. Maybe they do have emotions, too.

Incubators have a moral code, it's just alien to us. And they don't "lie", they just give incomplete and selective information. Not their fault if an inferior species happens to run with the wrong conclusion instead of asking the right questions.
>>
ITT: communism.
>>
>>134953253

if everyone dies all the knowlege, the understanding, the cultures, the history all of it will die along with them.

You may ask the question why does that matter?
Becuase so much precious time would have been wasted, while it serves the people of the present in their own quality of life and human understanding if this infomration like our DNA isn't passed on it would have been a waste.

The interesting point to take from this is that while it is not emoral to sacrifice the few to save the many, Kubay dosen't understand the suffering they go through and can't comprehend what it does to them. There must be another way of saving the universe.
>>
>>134953881
probably. But none they've found have mood swings quite as effective as adolescent human females.
>>
The problem is we never got to know if the Incubators actually care about the universe itself, they could just as well be enslaving other civilizations to prolong the life of their own, emotionally stunted, species.
>>
>>134953885
I think those who DO believe have next to zero comprehension of the distances involved.
>>
More than wrong its a stupid neet idea, is like only little girl can suffer.
>>
>>134953808
I know he says that. But is that the truth?
There probably is no plot reason for it to be wrong, but I wonder anyway.

>>134954005
Well, that's what they're saying. But there are just using humanity, and they're fully aware of that (“Oh look, now your planet's going down the drain. Well, it's your problem now.”).
>>
File: image.jpg (896 KB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
896 KB, 2400x2400
>>134954141
It's because little girls have the most emotion which is what Kubey needs.
>>
It is wrong. Anne Frankly, I'm sick of it.
>>
>>134954186

And I don't agree with with this sexist position.
>>
How does Kyubey absorb energy again? I always thought he just absorbs tainted grief seeds with that hole on his back, that's why he makes magical girls kill witches. But was it ever stated?
>>
>>134954269
Technically he probably doesn't need to absorb anything, just by using their powers all magical girls are already adding energy to the universe.
>>
>>134954201

WE WUZ GASED OY VEYYY
>>
File: image.jpg (491 KB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
491 KB, 2400x2400
>>134954269
I think he needs witch souls which the girls make when they turn into witches. I don't know exactly how he collects them.
>>
>>134954269
>>
>>134954410
If they needed to collect the grief seeds, then QB wouldn't have commented on Madoka turning into Kriemhild Gretchen for the last time in episode 10 with “We've pretty much met our energy quota at this point” after telling Homura that there's no way to defeat her.
>>
>>134954410
So just using magic somehow creates despair?
Then why not to let girls do whatever they want with their magic, provide them with Grief Seed-like despair sink and just use this indefinitely?
As there's no obligations, wish granting part can be dropped as well.
The whole witch scheme can be seen as somewhat excessive.
>>
>>134954410

Stupid incubators, I'm 26, my suffering is real, and I want to become a Wizard, and I'm a Male.

They are wasting a great amount of Energy for the universe...
>>
>>134954528
Just by transforming to Gretchen she probably releases lots of energy to the surrounding, Kyubey just has to collect it.

The Grief Seeds are probably just for convenience so the Incubators don't have to go around collecting the ambient energy left after fighting witches.
>>
File: 1392680908256.gif (192 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1392680908256.gif
192 KB, 250x250
>>134951700
>ice death
>being this much of an ignorant cocksucker in the modern era

At this point just fucking kill yourself, legitimately kill yourself.
>>
>>134954606
Maybe "despair" is just a stupid metaphor for "energy building up in their soul gems". Using magic creates energy, the soul gem collects that energy and the magic girl is somehow transformed into a witch once they expend too much energy.
>>
File: kyu.jpg (75 KB, 639x454) Image search: [Google]
kyu.jpg
75 KB, 639x454
Why can't Meguca's take antidepressants?
>>
>>134952500
Eh, wasn't the main question being asked throughout the series was 'Would you put the needs of other before your own?' Madoka answered yes, and gave up her own life to save everyone else. Homura went the opposite route and put Madoka's life before everyone else's. Sayaka wavered back and forth until she ultimately answered the same as Madoka.
>>
>>134951700
The real question should be is Kyubey telling the truth about the ice death of the universe?Based on events of the anime I find it hard to believe he was being completely honest.
>>
File: Madoka2.jpg (135 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Madoka2.jpg
135 KB, 640x360
>>134954813
>>
Actually it's been shown a 'big rip' is more probably than a heat death to the universe.

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2015/jul/02/not-with-a-bang-but-with-a-big-rip-how-the-world-will-end

http://news.vanderbilt.edu/2015/06/new-model-of-cosmic-stickiness-favors-%E2%80%9Cbig-rip%E2%80%9D-demise-of-universe/
>>
>>134954886
>>134954673
Look at this shit, you're already spreading disinformation.
All that's left is a fucking gaseous cloud of photons that never interact, god damn it.
>>
>>134954886
He is. Remember, Madoka traveled throughout all of time and space to save every magical girl, human or otherwise. She also traveled to the end of the universe to end her own witch form. She, of all people, would know if Kyubey is telling the truth or not. And considering she still let the Incubators come to Earth to harvest energy from the defeated Wraiths, it's most likely true.
>>
File: image.jpg (656 KB, 1855x2400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
656 KB, 1855x2400
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ4LvcoHX9I
>>
>>134954755
Well, it can be seen that Homura's mental state change affected soul gem brightness without any magic being used.
Or for 'soul-gemmed' person feeling emotions actually expends magic?

Witch part can just be there to make the system self-sustaining, though.
>>
>>134954975
Considering they've been changing theories every few years, anything is possible. Hell, I personally believe the universe will die from strangelets before anything else.
>>
>>134954975
This still isn't confirmed. We don't have a precise value for w and don't know whether a quintessence scenario could come true.
>>
>>134954083
>if everyone dies all the knowlege, the understanding, the cultures, the history all of it will die along with them.
So?

>Becuase so much precious time would have been wasted

Why is time precious?

>while it serves the people of the present in their own quality of life and human understanding if this infomration like our DNA isn't passed on it would have been a waste.

Why does it matter if DNA information isn't passed on?
>>
>>134955016
The reason why people call it an "ice death" is because the void of space is cold and there would be no stars left to heat small areas.
>>
Now that I think about it, there are some weird stuff about Kyubey. His cat/bunny anatomy doesn't seem very effective in using advanced hands on technology that his race has, and does he even have a home planet? How does his hive mind work?
>>
>>134957415
Maybe he can change form, or, what I think to be more probable, the QBs are no members of an actually technical advanced alien race. Think about it, if you wanted to enslave members of an intelligent alien civilization, you wouldn't want to do it yourself if possible. You'd breed liveforms or build robots that can be your henchmen. It's much less dangerous this way, and also watching over little human girls would be just a pain in the ass for the real aliens. So I think the QBs are just the henchmen specifically built or bred to be conquer young human females' hearts.
>>
>>134957009
No one except that one anon calls it ice death.
>>
File: image.jpg (753 KB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
753 KB, 2400x2400
>>
>>134957914
Probably derived from people asking "whether the world will end in fire or ice"
>>
File: cattle.jpg (777 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
cattle.jpg
777 KB, 1280x720
>>134951700
It's wrong to commit institutionalized murder of sentient beings on a civilization-sized scale, yes.
>>
>>134954005
>lies of omission don't exist
>ethics is relative
fuck off
>>
>>134952492
Her wish isn't gonna be able to solve everything sad in the universe, bub.
>>
File: pikachu.jpg (54 KB, 797x466) Image search: [Google]
pikachu.jpg
54 KB, 797x466
Does /a/ like the Madoka spin off?

It features kyuby's cousin
>>
>>134953699
He does say he doesn't understand deception, but in a different sense. He basically says it's their fault for not asking the right questions.
Which is again bullshit because he intentionally leaves out stuff even when they flat-out ask what witches are, and tailors his answers to Kyouko's "can Sayaka be saved?" specifically to get her killed.
QB is pretty good at deception.
>>
File: Hurr durr.jpg (220 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
Hurr durr.jpg
220 KB, 1440x810
>>134956957
>So?
What do you mean "So?" Everything's dead How is that a "So"?!

>Why is time precious
Why would it not be precious?! The only people who make these types of arguments are the people who don't want to do or contribute anything in life.

>Why does it matter if DNA info. isnt passed on?
Why does history need to be past on? Why do we not need more hitlers, or stalins, or Mussolini like Telling the story of genocides to make a statement to the young audience not to be Pretentious DOESNT MATTER!!! Do you read your comments before you post?!
>>
>>134958503
Well of course not, she wasn't actually omnipotent or anything, just strong enough to tweak the system.
>>
What the fuck is this India maymay?
>>
>>134956957
>Why does it matter if DNA information isn't passed on?
It's not a question of if it matters or not - it's simply a biological and evolutional thing.
Basically, it's backwards: what we see now is what got passed on (and survived).
If your goal is long-term survival of any form of species a given life form will become - without passing on the best versions of DNA will deny you evolutionally-beneficial path of positive mutations, which will likely hinder the survival chances of future generations under changing environmental conditions. It will kinda kill off negative mutations, but that doesn't matter much.
Same with history and other things. Long-term survival, not much else.
>>
>>134960587 (continued)
And concerning >>134954083
(damn, getting philosophical on /a/, in a Madoka thread of all places...)
I think time that is used in the name of the future alone is more wasted than time used in the name of present alone.
Why?
Because time you've enjoyed is not wasted.
That can sound outright evil for some people, but I think it does make quite a lot of sense.
Humanity questioned the meaning of life throughout the history.
We can say that for animals that 'meaning' is contained in following instincts, and instincts are determined through evolution - it can be said that like a war, evolution doesn't determine what's right - only what's left. That means that what we see in the wildlife are the species that were best suited for a single purpose - drag out their species' (non-static and changing with environment, I may mention) existence to the present day.
But humanity can question this behavior, and, more importantly, it doesn't have to follow it, though we still have leftover instincts.
We've gained emotions, we managed to almost eliminate individual life threat in comparison to wildlife, we manipulate other species in a scale of the whole planet for our needs.
Why should we keep following the oldest 'rules'?
One can say that desire for personal pleasure can be considered animalistic, but I rather say that living your own life in the name of humanity will be much more similar to basic, evolution-determined and evolution-, not individual-beneficial behavior - and only humanity actually values individuals. That is actually the cause of 'every life is precious' idea (which is kinda flawed) that Kyubey claims to not be able to understand. His species, no matter how technologically advanced, are more animals than humans.
>>
>>134959097
>What do you mean "So?" Everything's dead How is that a "So"?!
Implies the assumption that life in the universe continuing to exist is preferable to it not existing anymore.

>Why would it not be precious?! The only people who make these types of arguments are the people who don't want to do or contribute anything in life.
Why should "people" contribute to "things"?

>Why does history need to be past on? Why do we not need more hitlers, or stalins, or Mussolini like Telling the story of genocides to make a statement to the young audience not to be Pretentious DOESNT MATTER!!! Do you read your comments before you post?!
Maybe you don't get where I'm going with this. Anything some random person considers of value is just subjectively valued in the universal scale. At the universal scale nothing matters since the universe cannot "care." It simply is.

>>134960587
>If your goal is long-term survival of any form of species a given life form will become - without passing on the best versions of DNA will deny you evolutionally-beneficial path of positive mutations, which will likely hinder the survival chances of future generations under changing environmental conditions. It will kinda kill off negative mutations, but that doesn't matter much. Same with history and other things. Long-term survival, not much else.
Why should anyone care about the "long term survival of any form of species"?
>>
>>134954638
just being miserable isn't enough, anon. It's not just the grief, it's the violent mood swings between EVERYTHING IS RUINED FOREVER and UNICORNS AND RAINBOWS, and no-one gets those like adolescent female humans,
>>
>>134958586
why that ''spin-off'' had to be a hentai.

a tentacle rape hentai.

A SHAMELESS TENTACLE RAPE RIPOFF HENTAI!!!!
>>
>>134959417
Some shitposter is trying to force a literal shit tier may may. Just ignore.
>>
>>134953234
How would you know? Are you a cow?
>>
>>134953171
He isn't forcing them to do anything. These little girls are just dumb enough to take the bait instead of letting things die as they're supposed to.
>>
you make it seem like it forced them to become magical girls when in reality they chose to
>>
>>134966847
How would you know plants don't feel pain? Are you a lettuce?
Even humans probably wouldn't know about about their own mortality if you didn't tell them about it and they wouldn't see other people die. And yet, even though we do tell people they will die some still can't believe it and believe in eternal life after death. So in a sense even most humans don't actually believe they will fully cease to exist at some point in time.
>>
>>134951700
Why doesn't kyubey just use the arousal of magical girls to defeat entropy? It would be far easier to create tentacle rape farms with magical girls.
>>
File: image.jpg (918 KB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
918 KB, 2400x2400
>>
>>134959417
I think it's because of Indian animators.
>>
Handful of human existence's emotion instability
vs
Entire existence of the universe.

>Is it wrong?
No, this is very much right. Just not good. Both options ultimately are bad, but the lesser is better.
>>
>>134967327
Well besides the incubators we don't know if there is any other life in the universe and for all we know the incubators in Rebellion could be the all of them. They technically could have killed more humans then there is life in the universe already with the magical girl cycle alone.
>>
>>134951700
No, if it were only that, but the System the Kyubeys put in place would have eventually killed the universe much faster.

It is just mind-blowingly retarded. Every generation basically requies to find stronger Mahou Shoujos, which creates stronger Witches, which require even stronger Mahou Shoujos. In merely a few thousand years, Kyubey created the Walpurgis, which was a city-destroying threat, and it was only stopped by Madoka, who could have become a planet-destroying threat. So, while the Universe won't be dying from Cold Death in Billions of Years, Kyubey's race were destroying unstoppable Solar System destroying engines in just thousands of years. Presumably these creatures would then go around space traveling and destroying more civilizations. So, what is the point?
>>
>>134967510
they could have used tentacle rape farms
>>
File: image.jpg (792 KB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
792 KB, 2400x2400
>>
>>134967980
Either explain this shit or stop
>>
>>134968029
Judging my the font color and styling and the use of cartoons shit, I can confirm this is a reddit meme.

Only normies understand such things.
>>
>>134968029
Lurk more.
>>
>>134968029
It's Because of the Indian animators that helped animate Madoka. Everyone posts these things so don't yell at me for it.
>>
File: 1447899099286.jpg (148 KB, 999x999) Image search: [Google]
1447899099286.jpg
148 KB, 999x999
>>134967510
madoka was capable to defeat walpurgis in timeline 1 although with help of mami, in that point isn't that powerfull and the same walpurgis maybe born due several puella who transform into witches in the same circumstances and time (or in the same manner that kasumi manga show)
but other hand and dubious canonicity, the portable game implying that QB use other sentient species, but maybe the humans are the first/more profitable ones
>>
File: image.jpg (748 KB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
748 KB, 2400x2400
>>
File: image.jpg (352 KB, 1242x2208) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
352 KB, 1242x2208
>>
>>134968598
>>
File: But that's wrong.jpg (54 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
But that's wrong.jpg
54 KB, 400x400
The timescale to the Universe achieving maximum entropy is so retardedly huge, that is honestly shouldn't even matter. It's like eyedrops in an ocean. The difference it makes is entirely imperceptible.
>>
>>134968905
Maybe coobee perceives time differently than us lowly humans
>>
File: 45174741_p2.jpg (408 KB, 866x631) Image search: [Google]
45174741_p2.jpg
408 KB, 866x631
Why didn't the incubators just trap the universe in a timeloop? That would be much more efficient than the bullshit they pulled.
>>
>>134967327
What is the point of the universe existing then? If emotion is a non existing thing in Kyubey's race, they shouldn't have the fear of stop existing.
Also the emotions that humans feel, good or bad, are what make life worth existing, just enjoying the ride to the fullest until the inevitable end.
>>
>>134969170
Emotion is not non-existent, but rather considered a defect. They used to have emotions but transitioned towards logic.

Not having emotions doesn't mean not living.
>>
File: pie chart.png (5 KB, 312x202) Image search: [Google]
pie chart.png
5 KB, 312x202
>>134968929
The ratio of the amount of time the Universe has existed so far, to the amount of time the Universe has left looks like this.
>>
File: image.jpg (641 KB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
641 KB, 2400x2400
>>134969150
What makes you think they could just time loop everything so easy?
>>
>>134969256
I know. My statement still stands though.
>>
>>134968905
Would that be irrelevant to the incubators though?
If they're pure about their mission, then they don't care about how long it'll take, only that it's going to happen at one point in time.
>>
>>134969559
If the incubators don't have emotion then why do they even care? Shouldn't they be indifferent?
>>
>>134951700
Kyubey would say we dont feel bad for our livestock knowing that we raise it with the intent to kill and eat it. Livestock lives longer in human care than out in the wild. We consider people who care about the suffering of animals bred to feed more than the people who need the food to be "different".

To me, Kyubey is an unethical actor and enemy of humanity for three reasons:

1. humanity is not informed of this agreement. He states that he recognizes us as a sentient species, yet leaves 99.99% of humanity in the dark about the agreement he has forced on humanity.

2. He manipulates children. He specifically targets broken young girls. It's not like he's negotiating with intelligent, educated adults who would question his intentions: he is actively targeting naive and broken 11-15 year old children.

3. He doesnt care what happens after he gets the energy he needs. When Gretchen destorys the earth in TL4, he doesn't care because he filled his quota anyways. "It'a humanty's problem now." He thinks of humans as completely disposable. He's working for the benefit of his race, no one elses.

He is not evil, but he is definitely unethical and should be considered an enemy of humanity.
>>
>>134969293
Because they easily created a person who was capable of it.
>>
>>134951700
What is really stupid about Kyubey is that his race could have simply tried to find another universe to live in, with much more energy and slow-burning stars. They had like 10^100 years of resources left (hawking radiation from natural/artificial black holes, fusion, ...) left and that would be more than enough time to find a way to leave this universe. Or, alternatively, they could have tried to gather the magical energy without the help of humans.
>>
>>134969652
Self -preservation is not an emotion. Lack of emotion is not nihilism.
>>
>>134969791
Wasn't that using her own karmic destiny?
>>
>>134969883
I just realized something. If they had this concept of karma in Madoka, why would they say the energy came from emotion instead of saying that it came from karma?
>>
File: 53847609_p0.jpg (160 KB, 700x992) Image search: [Google]
53847609_p0.jpg
160 KB, 700x992
>>134969652
Maybe self-preservation isn't an emotion.
They said that their race used to have emotion but now it's only considered a mental illness, right?
Maybe they bred emotion out of their species to guide themselves towards some hivemind ideal logical utopia. But in that case it would be pretty stupid to breed out the instinct of self-preservation, because then what would be the point of the whole thing?
Just a theory.

>>134969791
The magic comes from the emotions though, the QBs don't control that stuff.
>>
File: 1448806813498.png (207 KB, 542x756) Image search: [Google]
1448806813498.png
207 KB, 542x756
>>134969150
>implying they can

>>134968905
>>134969256
>all the time the universe have the same amount of usable energy
>all the time the universe will have usable energy
>implying
>>
Some fuel for discussion:

http://wiki.ironchariots.org/index.php?title=Secular_morality

http://www.atheismandthecity.com/2013/02/a-case-for-secular-morality-objective.html
>>
>>134969838
Why would they bother with that when they already had a working system?
>>
>>134969791
He had the closest thing to an "oh fuck" look when he did that. I think it's implied Homura is VERY unique in the wording of her wish. He cant suggest or force wishes, and logically Homura should have wished for Madoka to be revived.
>>
So does Madoka take place in Germany?
>>
>>134970151
Yes. Mitakihara, Germany. The great bastion of German culture.
>>
>>134970151
Do Madoka and the other girls wear hijabs?
>>
>>134970184
Which of the girls are from India?
>>
>>134970227
>>
>>134970339
This is what made me think Madoka takes place in Germany.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9ArGWxjYCnA
>>
>>134953166
>In a civilized human society, you cannot weigh human lives against each other or against some Greater Good

so, X 1 can't be compared to X 7*10^9?
>>
>>134970616
You're right, it cannot be. From my standpoint, you're inhumane if you make that comparison.
It may be necessary to ensure the survival of the species, but it still is inhumane.
>>
File: image.jpg (732 KB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
732 KB, 2400x2400
>>134970746
But Kyubey isn't human.
>>
>>134971089
Right. That's because what he does is not “wrong”, nor is that (“right or wrong”) ever questioned in the series. The only judgment we get from the series is that he is the enemy of humanity, and that his actions are awful (from a human's standpoint).
OP said the question whether what he did was right or wrong to be the central question of Madoka, and I strongly disagree, because you cannot objectively declare it to be right or wrong. You can only decide whether they are in accordance to a certain moral framework, and I agree with Madoka that they are utterly horrible when evaluated under a humanistic standpoint.
>>
>>134951700
>implying girls suffer

If it's suffering Kyubey wants, he should turn permavirgin betas.
>>
>oh Madoka thread, I wasn't there like for a year let's see how it's goin
>India
>Ok another year pause
>>
>>134971751
Do you understand this meme?
Please explain it to me.
>>
>>134971772
no and I don't even want to understand
>>
>>134970404
>Faust II was finished in 1931
While Goethe was a scientist, too, I find it hard to believe he developed a way to live on past his (apparent?) death in 1832.
>>
Universe is expanding and it will end with overcomming nuclear force and ripping everything into particles. How can little girls possibly stop this?
>>
File: 41388903.jpg (545 KB, 1000x680) Image search: [Google]
41388903.jpg
545 KB, 1000x680
>>134972121
AI YO
Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.