[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible for gag villains to become too sympathetic? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: PilafGangKids.png (289 KB, 608x342) Image search: [Google]
PilafGangKids.png
289 KB, 608x342
Is it possible for gag villains to become too sympathetic? I don't think I can consider them evil anymore. I'm not even sure they ever understood what Evil really was. The RR were evil, Piccolo was evil. These guys were practically children even before they became actual children. If Vegeta, Android 18, and Buu (all of which literally committed genocide) can become good guys, why can't like, Bulma or somebody adopt them or something? It would probably keep them out of trouble.
>>
They did try to kill them.
>>
>>134888645

I like Mai, she's p cute.
>>
>>134888645
Remember that time they tried to murder a group of children?
>>
I have to wonder if they realize just how out of their depth they've gotten. I know that in the BoG movie Mai tried to threaten Trunks with a gun, but even when everyone laughed at her I doubt they realized just what was going on, not to mention that scene never made it into Super. Could you imagine how many bricks these guys would shit if they knew how fucking stronk Goku is now?
>>
The fact that they're still around is well worth the shit they put up through. They're gag villains, yeah, but they'll never really be villainous enough to need actual reformation.

Also Mai a best daughteru.
>>
>>134888749
Lots of people try to kill Goku and friends. Some of them even succeed. Many of them are now goodguys.

I'm just sayin, if Vegeta can depopulate entire planets and then become Bulma's husbando, the Pilaf gang should get a second chance.

>>134889357
How many children do you think Android 18 killed? She killed a lot of people in the main timeline and would have gone on to exterminate humanity if given the chance. Now she's fucking Krillin because apparently only Freeza is completely
irredemable..

>>134889487
The problem is they have a habit of resurrecting evil alien overlords. Demon Piccolo and Golden Freeza could have both been prevented by getting them some good babysitters.
>>
>>134888645
Are they the Team Rocket of DBS?
>>
>>134889625
I'm know, I'm challenging the idea that they were never evil.
>>
File: 001.jpg (826 KB, 1110x1553) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
826 KB, 1110x1553
>>
>>134889771
In a way, they always were. They were only a credible threat in the first arc, after that they just got pushed around by real villains like Demon Piccolo.

>>134889806
Well clearly they were always qualitatively "Evil." but quantitatively, they are the least evil villains in the franchise, short of maybe Kid Buu.

In terms of Consequentialist ethics, I'm not sure they have successfully done anything other than give Goku and friends a challenge (making them stronger and thus more able to save the world in the future) Meanwhile people who have actually killed Goku and friends (or worse) are now reformed anti-heroes.

In terms of Intentionalist ethics, they only seem interested in "Ruling the world." Whereas everyone else was after wanton destruction, or immortality which would allow them to continue an existing reign of terror. We have no idea if they would be better or worse rulers than the current dog based monarchy. The worst thing they tried to do was kill people who opposed them.

In terms of Virtue ethics. They seem to be very interested in the idea of evil, but their idea of evil seems very petty. I'd say it's this sense that they are the most quantafiably evil, but they still pail in comparison to just about everyone else. Even Tien Shinhan was better at being edgy than they were.

So yes, they fit into the category of evil, but they are at the very bottom of the villainous food chain, and many people above them have not only been redeemed, but are having sex with the heroes while these fuckers are literally being starving children.

Won't somebody think of the children?
>>
>>134890590
Buddy, it's a children's manga.
>>
>>134890650
Yes, and what kind of message are we teaching children if Vegeta can be redeemed but the Pilaf gang can't?
>>
>>134889908
>Look this up
>See ChiChi in the tag
>Get excited about Mai molesting young ChiChi
>Instead it's NTR with teenage ChiChi
>:m

So maybe that's why she turned into such a bitch.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.