[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So far Dragon Ball Super turned out to be a shitshow disappointment.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9
File: Dragon-Ball-Super-Episode-23.jpg (16 KB, 450x254) Image search: [Google]
Dragon-Ball-Super-Episode-23.jpg
16 KB, 450x254
So far Dragon Ball Super turned out to be a shitshow disappointment. Is it just further evidence that new anime these days just isn't as good as the old days? Same thing happened with Tenchi AI which I was a big fan of the old Tenchi days, and it was rebooted by the same canon mastermind and turned into a fucking joke.
>>
>>134876429
It is further evidence that milking franchises rather than letting them rest after they have had their time of success ultimately results in a degradation of quality. Anime "these days" has just as much good stuff as in the past, just a lot more bad stuff around it to sift through.
>>
>>134876488
>Anime "these days" has just as much good stuff as in the past, just a lot more bad stuff around it to sift through.
I can agree to that.
>>
File: clicking.jpg (100 KB, 500x454) Image search: [Google]
clicking.jpg
100 KB, 500x454
>>134876429
>not written by Toriyama
Why did people have any expectations to begin with?
>>
File: 1435046529893.png (186 KB, 298x423) Image search: [Google]
1435046529893.png
186 KB, 298x423
It's almost as if Dragon Ball was never good to begin with
>>
>>134877224
Even the Buu saga was still very fun, entertaining, exciting, and had great character moments.
>>
>>134876429
GT came out 20 years ago and was just as bad.
>>
>>134877757

At least GT made some semblance of effort to keep to the established Toriyama canon. I mean sure, it failed miserably at that but at least it was obvious that they tried.

SUPER just doesn't give any shits and fucks up or retcons several previously established plotpoints in every single episode.
>>
>>134876429
>Is it just further evidence that new anime these days just isn't as good as the old days?

No. Dragonball was never good.
>>
>>134877278
Buu saga was shit. I hate how DBZ kids think Buu saga was good outside of high school Gohan.
>>
>>134879282
>At least GT made some semblance of effort to keep to the established Toriyama canon
Just take 5 seconds to think about how the Black Star Dragon Balls work. There is literally nothing about them that makes sense.

Why did the son of Katas make Dragon Balls before he was Kami? Who made the model? Where is it? Why did Kami use a completely new model and new rocks for Shenron? Why did he keep them on the look out? Why did they never consider using them against Cell or Buu? Why did Bulma never detect them with the Dragon Radar? How did Pilaf of all people find out about them? Why did the son of Katas make Dragon Balls that destroyed the planet and scattered accross the galaxy anyway? He didn't realize he had a spaceship, as far as he knew gathering them was completely impossible. They were obviously never used because the Earth was never destroyed. Literally nothing about them makes sense.
>>
>>134880308

Yeah, all of what you said bugs the shit out of me. Also, shouldn't they be inert since the other dragon balls were also inert when Piccolo fused with Kami?
>>
>judging anime quality based on Dragon Ball shows
>>
File: yamcha at it again.png (288 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
yamcha at it again.png
288 KB, 640x480
>gohan is shit threads every single day

japs don't care about gohan in the slightest,kid trunks and goten are both literally more popular over there
>>
The only reason OP thinks Super is shit is because Gohan isn't relevant. There's a reason he isn't relevant. Whis and Beerus are better characters.
>>
>>134880690

Oh wait, I know why they're not inert. The Nameless Namekian made them, and he came back into existence once Kami and Piccolo fused.

Still, I don't think it makes sense that Piccolo Jr. qualifies as the same being as King Piccolo. Piccolo Jr. had a good inside of him that his father seemingly did not.
>>
File: picc.png (366 KB, 632x718) Image search: [Google]
picc.png
366 KB, 632x718
>tfw no piccolo dad
>>
File: 1412459146024.jpg (34 KB, 359x380) Image search: [Google]
1412459146024.jpg
34 KB, 359x380
>>134876429
>First time he saw his dad fighting: his dad dies.
>First time he trained: Piccolo throws him into a mountain,he is left alone killing dinosaurs for food.
>First time he fought: Yamcha dies, Jaozi dies, Tien dies, Piccolo dies agonizing while shielding him, Gohan gets turned into a mindless monter, his dad gets all sorts of fucked up in the fight.
>Namek:Gets tailed by the fucking emperor of the galaxy, Recoome snaps his neck, Krillin explodes, Piccolo almost dies again, his father is left alone in a soon to be exploding planet.

I FUCKING WONDER WHY GOHAN DOESN'T LIKE TO TRAIN OR FIGHT
>>
>>134881116
>goku is a shit father is just a meme guise
>>
>>134881576
>hur durr retard can't into context
>>
>>134879282
>SUPER just doesn't give any shits and fucks up or retcons several previously established plotpoints in every single episode.
So like every Dragonball saga?
>>
>>134880762
>>134881116
>>134881541
Be careful there, sonuchu-kun, you are self-inserting.
>>
The Manga and movies are good. You could haveabelled them "Dragon ball" and no one would have bat an eyelid.

The anime by Toei is subpar, but what did you expect? anime adaptations suck in 2015

Shoo shoo Gohanfag
>>
>>134881662
I don't think you've read Dragon Ball
>>
>>134881659
> implying letting your son get beaten to death just because thre's one in a billion chance that gohan will awaken through beating is in any context good
And it wasn't even that,it was C-16 death to turn Gohan SSJ2, Goku was just being a gigantic retard thinking that being punched in the face would wake Gohan's inner potential
>>
>>134881662
Good things came from DB, even the Buu saga was worth a watch just for Gohan and his tomboy waifu adventures, also Piccolo being the voice of reason scenes were GOAT.
The only good thing I got from Super is Gohan and Mr. Satan playing with Pan. They even erased Jaco's fight with Frieza's jobbers, the only reason I didn't vomit in RoF.
>>
>>134881772
>because thre's one in a billion chance
Nice headcanon and spelling retard.
>>
>>134881699
>anime adaptations suck in 2015
The anime is original, they have a script to make it, same with Toyotaro, sonichu-kun.
>>
File: 1450124619152.png (275 KB, 583x332) Image search: [Google]
1450124619152.png
275 KB, 583x332
>>
>>134881854
Reported for being a homo scum. And you asked me why I despite your kind.
>>
>>134876429
>Super is everything I wanted
>Have good discussions on 2ch and with Japanese friends
>Laugh at underage edgefags and BR's who think GT was good and never understood Dragonball in the first place
I never imagined how perfect Super would be. Life is good.
>>
>Gohanfags keep geting BTFO

I like it
>>
>>134881850
>the anime is original
It's literally an adaptation of the movies so use are wrong. It has some changes (like the ocean party) designed to save on animation costs or act as filler, mostly.

Considering the Manga will be almost an entire season ahead in a couple months, it becomes even more correct to call the anime an adaptation.
>>
>>134881952
Last time I checked the nips were not happy with Super, and they actually liked GT.
>>
>>134881919
Why are you mad, gohanfag?
>>
>>134881952
Did you know that GT was made by Japanese people for Japanese people?
>>
>>134882076
You're completely wrong. I browse the 2ch threads every time it airs. Where's your information coming from? A stupid Brazilian who shitposts here pretending that Japan loves GT?
>>
>>134882042
Are you retarded?
>>
>>134882041
Reported for shitposting.
And
>>134882042
Before I reply to you, sonichu-kun, are you into your "let's see who wins this" retarded mentality or we can discuss seriously for once.
>>
>>134881952
Don't mind them, they probably never watched the original Dragon Ball. At least in Mexico it had a total of 3-4 airings on over 20 years while DBZ has aired hundreds of times now.
>>
>>134882121
>Did you know that GT was Toei trying to milk the cash cow and all the fans hated it?
Fixed it for you.
>>
>super came out after a 20 year hiatus, is fun and not edgy, follows up on the goku / vegeta dynamic that made Buu enjoyable, and constantly BTFOs Gohanfags, BRs, and GTfags

It's been perfect. I never asked for this but Toriyama gave it to me anyway
>>
>>134882174
>Don't mind them
Mind them? I find them hilarious, I don't want to stop them.

>>134882180
This guy gets it.
>>
>>134882152
>this butthurt Gohanfag who calls people "sonichu" (???)

The movies came first and the anime adapted them. You seem upset
>>
>>134882096
Don't know, tumblrina/sonichu-kun, maybe because you're neo-cancer tier.
Fuck off to:
http://mertyville.deviantart.com/gallery/
http://gabriel-gabdiel.tumblr.com/archive
>>
Who is sonichufag and why is the gohanfag asshurt?

Also bulma is best grill
>>
>>134882246
>You seem upset
I just acting like how I should act in front of an autistic.
>Pretending.
Please, at this point I can know when a post belongs to you.
>>
>>134876429
So what's up with Gohan. Why are people getting pissed at DBS? I haven't watched it all.
>>
>>134882180

The show is fun. The butthurt is just a nice extra.
>>
>>134882320
Gohanfags are asshurt because they can't self-insert into their edgy stronk gohun anymore
>>
>>134882358
>Why are people getting pissed at DBS?
It's just the shitposter. The threads are cancer for his shitpost
Look:
>>134882320
>>134882392
>>
>>134882409
>It's just the shitposter. The threads are cancer for his shitpost

What side char did he lose to?
>>
>>134882409
I like DBS and this is the first thread I've participated in weeks. 2ch and posters like you are evidence that DBS causes massive butthurt so I will stop by more.
>>
>>134881116
>tfw no piccolo dick
>>
>>134882601
>tfw the alternate universe purple guy is probably the counterpart of Piccolo due to the purple / green scheme

Smhard willy family
>>
>>134882478
He isn't popular in tumblr or dA, so he shitpost everyday in /a/ his shit.
>>134882486
>Have good discussions on 2ch
>2ch and posters like you
Stop contradicting yourself, and before you take out the card of "I'm only referring to some anons". Last time I checked they were happy with Super.
>>
>>134881768
Toriyama always straight up admitted he made shit along the way and he forgot stuff.

Power levels never made any sense.

You are retarded. Dragonball is made for children.
>>
>>134882652
The other guy posting on 2ch is another poster. I have no idea what deviantart you are obsessed with.
You seem paranoid, perhaps you participate in too many of these threads? Taking a break might calm you down.
>>
>>134882180
i am enjoying it so far.

and i am a gohan fan. Sure i would maybe like gohan to be shit on less, but its been a fun show so far and its not even close to being over so gohan has a long time to redeem himself. Im just enjoying the ride.
>>
>>134882699
Just one thread with the samefag is enough. This is why mods should ban him for his daily threads.
>>
>>134882716
>but its been a fun show
I only enjoy the SoL episodes, BoG in Super was terrible, they stretched the joke to laughable points:
>I'm using my full power.
>No, I was laying, but now I'm using my full power.
>He, I was only pretending.
RoF in Super seems too childish, also I hated how they made Tagoma a fucking edgelord,
>>
>>134879564
Buu saga was great. Majin Vegeta Vs. Goku, Vegeta sacrificing himself, Gohan in High School/Saiyaman/Mystic power up, Vegito, Fat Buu and Satan were hilarious, Super Buu and Kid Buu were a creepy and crazy final villain, the final fight on the Kai world with Goku uniting all of Earth for the spirit bomb, etc.
>>
>>134882601
thanks doc
>>
>>134883000
edgelord tagoma literally lasted like 15 minutes
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.