[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rokka No Yuusha
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: image:634.jpg (66 KB, 350x500) Image search: [Google]
image:634.jpg
66 KB, 350x500
Can we call this the best light novel adaptation? One volume for an entire season. This deserved alot of recognition.
>>
No.
>>
I really enjoyed it, but didn't it sell like shit and is dead.
>>
>>134820064
>>134820038
Still. There probably has been no other light novel adaptation with the balls to adapt one volume. Meanwhile in Overlord , taimadou, and many anime with pacing issues... yeah, what happened?
>>
No, it's just another forgettable anime
>>
>>134820234
But have you read the light novel people?
>>
>>134819966
>One volume for an entire season.
>good
Is this one of those "say the opposite of what you really mean for comedic effect" threads?
>>
I liked Rokka, but you need to watch more LN adaptations.
>>
In the same vein that AntiMagic is far too rushed, RnY is on the other end of the shitbag for being far too slow.

The initial mystery overstayed its welcome and everything else aside from one or two characters weren't engaging enough to carry the series during its crawl. Sure the source material is fair, I've read it and enjoyed it but saying that the adaptation is anything but mediocre is false. Fucking overhyped shit.
>>
>>134820302
>>134820321
>>134820362
I have to disagree. The idea that the whole season was slow was actually good and taking in the details of every word into life and not leaving a sliver of detail that was overlooked in most light novel adaptations. For the most case, this show was very good in capturing the essence of the dialogue and suspense ofthe novel to the point where I wanted to watch more after each episode ended and if it ever gets a season 2 (even if it is an abysmal chance), I would watch and enjoy every mom to the point where I would praise it's adaptation.
>>
>>134820362
Also it was not overhyped, it was overlooked and complete opposite in comparison to something like overlord and how people wanted the BDs and praising it from the start. This was believed to be generic and everything that went against the otaku culture that people prefer moe and "edgy" types of anime and manga. This had a lot of work put into it by just 25 people in its studio and should have been received alot better.
>>
>>134820713
So basically you weren't on /a/ until this season and think that because it sold poorly that means it was overlooked here?
>>
>>134820842
Talking about it in japan and how some of the anons who are impatient as hell did not bother with their short attention spans.
>>
>>134820362
Also. Were we reading the same stuff? Because I think you didn't get the entire story or did not even read it at all...
>>
>>134820881
No one talking about it being overhyped is talking about the BD sales, anon.
>>
ROKKA
NO
SALES
>>
>>134820362
>overhyped

I think you mean overrated, idiot.
>>
File: fremy pls.jpg (103 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
fremy pls.jpg
103 KB, 720x720
>>
>>134821148
Phelgmy a shit
>>
>>134821960
you too
>>
>>134820185
Have you never watched Horizon?
>>
>>134822112
It's technically two volumes though, not to mention Horizon is condensed as fuck so the number isn't really the point.
>>
Yes and no.
While I agree the pacing of 1 volume=1 season was good, it did feel like it dragged too much, would have been better with 10 episodes instead of 12 (but they probably didn't have a choice there).
Other than that there were small problems (some related to animation, like the way Chamo's pets were portrayed) but overall a solid adaptation. They even added small things that enhanced the original.

The problem is you can't satisfy everyone, first arc is basically a prologue, rushing through it would ruin it but then the story wouldn't really start and so we came to the point of Rokka no Sales (not the only reason, but still). Too bad it wasn't a split cour or something...
>>
>>134822361
I hope someone rich would fund season 2. From volume 2 onwards is epic.
>>
>>134821144
You mean underrated show right.
>>
File: image:670.jpg (52 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
image:670.jpg
52 KB, 960x540
> Parents dead at an early age.
> Sister adopts him as a brother
> Fiend comes and manipulates village.
> Best friend and sister die protecting him.
> Goes to an old geezer to train under.
> Gets beaten every single day just to get stronger.
> Every night he has nightmares of what happened.
> Laments the fact that he never can have talent or special powers.
> Other heroes were out to lynch him.
Tragedy level too high.
>>
>>134819966
>the best light novel adaptation
I read the LN and it was shit. Is the anime totally different from the LN? Or do you mean it's the "best" in being most faithful to the LN (i.e. it sucks).
>>
>>134823579
I guess you didn't read it correctly then. Please, go back and read it again.
>>
File: image:723.jpg (108 KB, 599x908) Image search: [Google]
image:723.jpg
108 KB, 599x908
*UPDATE*
Volume 5 is roughly 30% complete and currently being edited atm.
>>
>no high school tournament
>doesnt take place in an mmo
>no scene where adlet walks in on a girl changing and gets hit
No wonder nips and /a/ didn't like it
>>
>>134823988
is that the latest volume
>>
File: ye4EAxD.jpg (539 KB, 800x1124) Image search: [Google]
ye4EAxD.jpg
539 KB, 800x1124
NEED TO BREED
>>
>>134820286
I did, still don't care for it, 4 volumes of walking in circles and Fig asspulls is enough.
>>
>>134823517
you dont even know half of it
>>
>>134826546
>>134819966
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.