[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rokka No Yuusha Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8
File: Qv0g3O7.jpg (132 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Qv0g3O7.jpg
132 KB, 1366x768
So is the NO SALES meme real or just shitposters?

Also the OP was tight as heck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1cyPmWeFuw
>>
>>134784787
you could look it up
>>
>>134784787
rokka no sales flopped hard. Too much LN pandering and bad animation.
>>
>>134784787
>not available in your country
Thanks Ponycanyon.

The second OP is better anyway.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfKnu55vbJY
>>
>>134784820
I already knew sales were shit in japan but I thought they said western sales were alright

>>134784838
Also I agree with this but up to a point, the first episodes had great animations up until they got trapped, you can see they wasted their budget just looking at the backgrounds
>>
>>134784970
>western sales
>being relevant
>>
>>134784787
Forever upset we'll never get to see Tgruneu trolling everyone as hard as possible animated.
>>
>>134784838
It's a sad day when being faithful to source material is what hurts the adaptation
>>
File: Rolonia.jpg (74 KB, 599x337) Image search: [Google]
Rolonia.jpg
74 KB, 599x337
Not posting best girl

>>134785051
>Tgruneu
>Not dozzu

Shit taste
>>
>>134784970
Even in the west, the special editions were cancelled.
>>
File: 1440427249696.jpg (11 KB, 251x231) Image search: [Google]
1440427249696.jpg
11 KB, 251x231
>>134784787
You guys said the chinks would save it, but still nothing.
>>
>>134785192
I sure hope you like buying collectors editions!
>>
>>134784838
>too much LN pandering
But it had no ecchi scenes, harem, or beta MC
>>
File: Breakdance like you mean it.webm (1 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
Breakdance like you mean it.webm
1 MB, 720x404
>>134785192
There were no special editions man, unless you're talking about the picture dramas
>>
>>134784787
I thought the first episode was great, then I dropped it about 3/4 through episode 2.

I remember there being cgi monsters or something, what a waste of time.
>>
File: Loving family.png (321 KB, 290x407) Image search: [Google]
Loving family.png
321 KB, 290x407
>>134785168
>best girl
>not posting fremy's mom
>>
>>134785451
If you dropped it because of the cgi monsters later on they don't appear as much, it's just fighting between the main characters
>>
>>134784787
Anime only fag here, LN is in my backlog after I finish some other LNs but here's my experience.

>Started out not really hooked even though bunny girl had screen time
>Adlet was a reasonable character, yet that beta-ness and poor bluffing / persuasion skills kept making you think shit was gonna blow up in his face, which it did
>The setting was kinda interesting, but it's hard to relate when the situation is that there's a world ending threat on the isolated peninsula on the left side of the continent and the general populace doesn't seem to prioritize ending the threat once and for all and just rely on this silly cycle; keywords general populace

These were my early impressions before I got hooked like 3-5 episodes in and no longer paused for RL reasons and just binged the rest. I feel that Rokka has a lot of interesting aspects, possibly depth (anime only fag here remember), yet the hook is weak as fuck.

I mean it took like what? 1-3 episodes just to establish the season's main plot? Certain LN adaptations within 12 episodes have already gone through multiple arcs, but Rokka gives ample episodes to just this one, and I applaud it for that yet the first few episodes just lack that X factor.

The first episode exemplifies this. You can call Adlet clever all you want, but he's ultimately an idiot who failed to understand the culture and mentality of the people he's trying to convince, as well as lack preparation to handle the aftermath (as far as I know anyway) and wasted months or some shit in a cellar. He's more like an old school shonen hero who overreaches a lot but makes progress anyway one way or another, that was the impression I got.

And in the current times, people don't find that interesting right away.
>>
>>134785935
>the general populace doesn't seem to prioritize ending the threat once and for all

Because they can't do anything about it.
>>
File: 1437342912188.jpg (42 KB, 599x521) Image search: [Google]
1437342912188.jpg
42 KB, 599x521
Will volume 5 ever be translated or should I start to learn japanese?
>>
>>134786068
>Hello everyone, Zero here. I promise I haven’t forgotten about you. We are roughly 30% done with volume 5. We’re just doing some final edits and cleaning it up for consumption.

But learn Japanese for the long run.
>>
Fremy to the moon, Adlet me play among the stars.

I BELIEVE IN A HAPPY ENDING.
>>
>>134786035
Yeah but they act way too happy and shit about it. There's entire fucking villages or bigger collectives of human settlements right in that area instead of everyone staying the fuck away and building up defenses in preparation. You're telling me with all the time they had no one thought to box those fuckers in, research them, unify the continent against the threat, etc etc? Any normal situation regardless of effectiveness would not allow civilians living near the peninsula, not even remotely. It would be completely militarized and judging from how weak shit the monsters were to get taken out by Adlet with just a sword, you'd reason they would get people like Astro Spiker to train legions of men in preparation.

The impression given is that they are like the people from Gargantia, all happy go lucky despite being in a desolate situation. Only difference is, in Gargantia, there wasn't anything actively trying to kill them and it was a lot harder to maintain communities together whereas in Rokka as far as the anime goes everyone seems to treat the whole thing like a ceremonial game.

I don't claim there might not be a reasonable explanation, but it wasn't given in the anime ever, and therefore it's a bad presentation and opening for hooking people. There's way too many questions, and too little answers.
>>
File: rokka no sales.jpg (705 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
rokka no sales.jpg
705 KB, 1280x720
>>134784787
>>
>>134785147
It's payback for what they did with Rail wars adaptation.
Still, it was a really good job coming from Passione. I certainly didn't expect them to be this competent.

>>134784925
>The second OP is better anyway.
I agree, even the full song is good.
The EDs were also well done. Out of the 3 versions, the first one is my favorite.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBpwFp89lUs
>>
File: 08.png (693 KB, 625x1048) Image search: [Google]
08.png
693 KB, 625x1048
Top three anime of the year
>>
>>134786862
rekt
>>
>>134784838
>LN pandering
WHAT THE FUCK IS LN PANDERING?
>>
>>134786862
HA

Serves them right for making such a bad show
>>
>>134789299
Proper pacing, not leaving material out, no retconning, etc. That's my guess.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.