[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
exactly when does nge get good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: NGE_pilots.jpg (132 KB, 450x686) Image search: [Google]
NGE_pilots.jpg
132 KB, 450x686
exactly when does nge get good?
>>
never
>>
>>134777524
It gets pretty gud when asuka gets in. That's episode 12. She is cool :::::DDDD
>>
>>134777636
she actually comes in episode 8 and shes pretty cookie cutter and annoying
>>
>>134777524
Episode 25
>>
>>134777524
when you finish it
>>
>>134777524
the part where everybody dies
>>
>>134777524
Never.
>>
>>134777524
Only episode 25-26.
>>
>>134777524
the 3rd time you see it.
I have dubbed it, "The 3rd impact"
>>
>>134777549

This.

It's overrated meme-tier garbage.
>>
>>134777524
It doesn't, you just have to watch it so you'll be able to follow all the ero doujins.
>>
File: 1395435613586s.jpg (4 KB, 143x250) Image search: [Google]
1395435613586s.jpg
4 KB, 143x250
OP here
this is my 3rd time trying to watch this from the beginning and i just keep on getting bored and turning it off. I like the detailed animation and thats pretty much it. Why is this held in such high regard?
>>
>>134779127

It's a meme anime. Anime is a dead medium. Go outside.
>>
>>134779127

because most of us don't have ADD.
>>
>>134779127
Just finish it. Then you'll probably understand. If you're actually bored, don't worry, it get's much less boring after episode 8.
>>
>>134779248
episode 11 right now bro
pretty fucking bored

i dont get when people say a show gets better later, if its bad for the first episode then its just bad right? I mean pilot episodes exist for this very reason.

am i wrong?
>>
>>134777524
Unless you enjoy pointless biblical references, have gone through depression, or were just really angsty at some point in your life then you will hate it
>>
It doesn't
>>
You have to time travel back to the 90s and watch it live.
>>
>>134779338
The latter part of the series starting with episode 15 or 16 is what people really talk about. Whether you like it or hate it after that is hit or miss

I don't really remember anything before that except asukas episode and that they killed some angels at the beginning
>>
>>134777524
Episode 18
>>
>>134779338
The first episode is actually genius, I just didn't realize it until my second time through.
That said, you might just have shit taste. Nothing to be done about that.
But as far as your second comment, no. The themes and style of the show change drastically as the show goes on and in my opinion it becomes much more engaging toward the end.
>>
>>134779517
>"hehehe asuka dont touch my private parts!"
> Oh geez!
shinjii gets a boner
>thermal expansion

yup pure genius
>>
>>134779605
I'm telling you, wait for episode 18
>>
>>134777524
Since the First ZAAAAANNNNNNN.. on the OP credits.
>>
>>134779605
Oh, yes magma diver. That classic episode you see mentioned in every eva topic. You surely changed my opinion of it with that exchange.

You failed to mention the best part too, PenPen notices it and follow the uprising shaft with his beady penguin eyes.
>>
Never if you keep browsing /a/ instead of paying attention to the fucking show.
>>
>>134779605
To be honest I thought that was actually an important scene, even if it felt like a quick joke.

It shows that even though Shinji is a very feminine young boy, he is still male, which means he lusts after other females (I know later on he sort of fall for Kaworu, but Shinji was never exclusively gay). And even though he barely acts on it, he is somewhat attracted to Asuka/Misato or even both.

It hints at NGE containing themes of sexuality and puberty without overdoing it. Compare this to other popular franchises with supernatural elements like Harry Potter, Star Wars or Lord of the rings. The only time these works ever touch on the topic of relationship between males and females is when it's about romance/love. Harry is supposed to be a growing up teenage boy, yet he barely acts like one. While at first the relationship between Leia and Solo seems like a lusty one, it is actually because they love each other.
But that's not the case with Shinji. He doesn't love Misato or Asuka, he's a horny 14 year old teenage boy and is presented as such, more prominently during the beginning of EoE.

It's a small little scene, which is much more humour than it is about being 'deep', though it fits with the overall context of Eva.
>>
>>134777524
NGE is good but Shinji doesn't get over himself until the lasT 30 seconds of the last episode. Watch TTGL if you want to see someone who, like Shinji, starts off as a total bitch, but gets over it and ascends to Godhood. (Made by the same studio too)
>>
>>134780750
>I know later on he sort of fall for Kaworu, but Shinji was never exclusively gay
It's not gay if it's Kaworu.
>>
Is this a raid by /v/? /m/? There's usually only one anti-eva thread, but there are a few like this filled with shit taste
>>
>>134777524
Episode 14 was the one that triggered a lot of feelings, at least for me.
>>
>>134782117
It's just a few autists shitposting, pay no mind family
>>
>>134779127
>high regard
Newfags.
>>
Dance Like You Want To Win is what made me really like the show, and the shadow angel made me stay for the long run.
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 358x429) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 358x429
>>134778697
>meme tier

You say that like it's a bad thing :^)
>>
Honest question, am I the only one who prefers the series Zeruel battle over the second films one?
>>
Rest in fucking peace /a/ , the whole "eva is boring" meme should be long dead by now, god I hate the state of this board, newfags fuck off
>>
>>134783073
No. The NGE scene is far better, as it doesn't have stupid shit like Mari, Beast Mode, or God Mode and has Yui eating Zeruel's core, which sits among the best scenes in all anime. It's way better.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.