[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OPM
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6
File: another day.png (44 KB, 253x271) Image search: [Google]
another day.png
44 KB, 253x271
>Everyone knows this is a series that's a satire of Shounen manga
>It goes out of its way to make fun of all the tropes you find in DB and nardo
>the biggest trope it makes fun of is "Power Levels"
>people still unironically make countless threads about power levels in OPM

4chan: the site where no one knows what Satire is.
>>
>>134767060
it's not satire or parody since every other aspect of the show besides Saitama is pure shonen.
>>
>>134767202
>this is what powerlevelfags think
>>
It was at first
Now it takes itself too seriously, OPM has failed
>>
>>134767060
>4chan: the site where no one knows what Satire is.
And they said Japanese don't have a concept of sarcasm in their comedy.
>>
>>134767060
Don Quixote revitalized the Genre it parodied.
>>
>>134768040
No it didnt, the heroic knight genre was already almost dead by then.
>>
It's literally a normal battle shounen except Saitama over trained
>>
forced satire
>>
This is how most battle manga comedies go moron
They become the mask
>>
>>134767060
it a SEINEN ACTUALLY FAGGOT
>>
>>134768236
>a tripfag calling someone a moron.

Oh I'm laffin.
>>
>>134767242
but there is powerlevelfag pandering with characters with levels, fights not involving saitama, feats of destruction by every character, characters who's only characterization is that they 'want a good fight'
>>
>>134768632
Yes, morons do typically like to 'laff'

Have you ever heard of a series called Otokojuku?
Or Kinnikuman?
This is getting obscure here, but how about Dragon Ball?
All goofy comedies that poked fun at fighting that would letter become straight up battle series
>>
>>134767060
You seem to think that it hates that stuff and tries to avoid it entirely. Do you?

Well, comparing Saitama to characters from other pieces of works is retarded.
>>
>>134768164
And the heroic knight genre came back romanticized further because of Don Quixote
People were writing knock-offs of Cervantes work for years
>>
>>134769353
But it wasnt the same, just trying to cash in, it was a small and shitty resurgence
>>
>>134767060
It's not satire, you stupid ass. It's a deconstruction, which is not the same thing. The "powerlevels" are played straight.
>>
>>134769521
History tells othrewise, faggot.
>>
>>134769658
You dont know shit.
>>
File: that_word.jpg (73 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
that_word.jpg
73 KB, 200x200
>>134769623
>Deconstruction
>>
>>134767060
welcome to forchan
>>
>>134769803
Do you? One Punch Man is literally Watchmen: the Gag Series.
>>
File: ok.png (9 KB, 391x296) Image search: [Google]
ok.png
9 KB, 391x296
>>
>>134767060
OP: The faggot who proves Poe's law is real.
>>
File: 1447209504574.jpg (216 KB, 660x720) Image search: [Google]
1447209504574.jpg
216 KB, 660x720
>>134770034
Of course, anon. Those two things are exactly the same.
>>
>>134767060
>satire of Shounen manga
ONE hasn't thought anything like that.
He was just writing OPM for fun and that's all.
There's no message, there's no satire.
It's just silly gag manga.
>>
>>134767060
it isn't a satire, its just a manga written for fun.
>>
>>134773103
It's a deconstruction.

Not a particularly DEEP or pretentious one, but it's still one.
>>
>>134772760
That's a cute brat
>>
>>134767060
>Goku got non-ironically beaten by a laser pointer
>>
>>134769803
Is right
>>134770034
Doesn't know shit.

If anything Boku no Hero Academia is closer to a deconstruction than OPM is. OPM is satire. Candide is Satire. Machiavelli is satire. It's dipshits like you that make them out to be something else and get it wrong for everyone else by expressing your shit views and shit tastes.
>>
>>134768823
>tripfag thinks he's human

haha
>>
>>134774095
How the fuck is Boku no Hero a deconstruction? There's professional heroes and hero school, but everything's played pretty straight.

OPM on the other hand deals with the corruption of the hero association, the assholes and weirdoes that actually make it to the top, and Saitama Himself is not too unlike Manhattan: a man who obtained the godlike power of the "perfect hero" and is as a result bored out of his wits and becoming disconnected and detached because of it.
>>
It stopped being a satire when garou arc happened
>>
Pretty much only DBtards care about power levels
>>
>>134774185
Because it's doing something that hasn't been done before with HOW people are perceived as heroes - THE WHOLE PLANET IS 80% SUPERS instead of the minority. Thus, those that want to be a hero are doing so because of their motivations - whether greed, power, fame, or doing the right thing.

THAT IS WHERE THE DECONSTRUCTION HAPPENS - the motive for their desired profession. If only 20% are non-supers, the normals are now the minority. instead of the supers being so.

The "hero school" is merely the impetus for us to watch the development of the situation.

Jesus, you guys can be fucking dense. No wonder why Evangelion is "too deep for you".
>>
>>134774345
While that is true the fact that most people have powers doesn't come up much. It serves to drive midoriya, but the general public may as well be normal powerless humans.
>>
>>134774247
Garou is still satire. He empathises with the enemies, and tries to be the monster. Either it is showcasing how delusional he is, or he's just a lead-up to another saitama one-punch defeat via an off-shoot, off-handed action, and he didn't even think of him as a "threat." I'm calling it now.
>>
>>134774418
>but the general public may as well be normal powerless humans.

BUT. THEY. ARE. NOT.

Ergo: the deconstruction.
>>
>>134774514
If they are only not on paper and in practice they are, then it's not a very good deconstruction.
>>
>>134768718

None of that matters because of Saitama.
>>
>>134767202
You can also just look at the characters and see who is the jobber.
>>
>>134774557
>If they are only not on paper and in practice they are, then it's not a very good deconstruction.

You're a monumental moron. I just explained this to someone else exactly as I had to you, and THEY understood it was a deconstruction, even without knowing the premise of the show.

Go back to school and get yourself some more education.
>>
>>134774849
If what you consider is the driving force of the deconstruction MIGHT AS WELL BE ABSENT FROM THE SERIES, then it's not a good deconstruction, simple as that. The series in no way deals with the fact that most of the public has superpowers, it's still "select few heroes vs villains saving the general powerless crowd".
>>
>>134774467
>he hasn't read the webcomic

i am a laffin
>>
>>134774899
Did you know Spider-man was a deconstruction? Did you know that Sailor moon was a deconstruction? How about "Soon, I will be invincible"?

All are deconstructions because of how they happen, and the things that make them so are SUBTLE. Persistent, purveying, yes, but subtle. Just because they might be copied later, doesnt' mean they aren't deconstructing the thing they are based off of. I still stand by my statement earlier that you are a fucking moron for not understanding something so goddamned motherfucking SIMPLE.
>>
>>134775248
But the reason for Spiderman being a deconstruction is evident and remains central. YOUR reason for BNH being a deconstruction may as well not be there, so it's a bad deconstruction at best.
>>
File: 1406889082624.jpg (12 KB, 211x339) Image search: [Google]
1406889082624.jpg
12 KB, 211x339
OPM is boring
>>
Worst thread I've read on /a/ in weeks.
Go back to TVTropes and don't come back.
>>
>>134767202
and yet all the vs. threads about saitama
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.