[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it that your average harem MC is a weak as fuck beta?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9
File: 1450111133.png (238 KB, 656x368) Image search: [Google]
1450111133.png
238 KB, 656x368
Why is it that your average harem MC is a weak as fuck beta? I get that they need to make him beta so that neckbeards who are the same as him can relate, but why make him weak? MC in harem is always weak as fuck, and gets beaten by literally anyone.
Why not make an MC who rekts everyone who tries to fight him? I mean look at this fag, he gets thrown down on the ground and kicked like the little worm he is. Just like every other damn harem anime. And its even worse when the GIRL saves him. That shit looks so pathetic it made me almost drop a couple of anime
>>
>>134756023
Thumbnail looked like Naruto and his dad standing on the hokage buildings roof
>>
If he STRONG he beats the guy up and the girl runs in and goes "Stop! Don't hurt him! He's not actually that bad a person!" and starts a ntr route.
>>
Because if he wasnt the story will end in 30 minutes.
>>
>>134756132
>If he STRONG he beats the guy up and the girl runs in and goes "Stop! Don't hurt him! He's not actually that bad a person!" and starts a ntr route.
Thats not how it works
>>
>>134756327
Yes it is. Read more.
>>
They do this so you'll stop wasting your time complaining on the internet about shitty harem anime and get a life

But weak-willed faggots like you would rather keep watching shit like this so you can pat yourself on the back because "at least I'M not THAT beta"
>>
>>134756375
>They do this so you'll stop wasting your time complaining on the internet about shitty harem anime and get a life
Why are you even on /a/?

>But weak-willed faggots like you would rather keep watching shit like this so you can pat yourself on the back because "at least I'M not THAT beta"
You like pizza but you dont eat the crust do you? Same thing, i like watching harem comedies but there are some parts that i dont like. I might be a beta KV but i am atleast physically fit
>>
>>134756463
>he doesn't like the crust

You are a faggot
>>
>>134756463
>why are you even here?
Because /a/ isn't a secret club for one exclusive kind of person
>are you saying that I shouldn't swallow shit if I like smearing it all over my face?
T y p i c a l
>>
>>134756463
What kin of anime is a calzone?
>>
>>134756023
Contrary to popular belief, not everyone who watches run of the mill harem want to insert as the MC. Some want to feel superior to him, because the MC isn't going to fuck any of the girls anyway, so certain viewers are better off feeling superior to him.
>>
>>134756642
You all have very complex feelings about these chinese cartoons.
>>
File: hagure-yuusha-3.jpg (137 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
hagure-yuusha-3.jpg
137 KB, 1280x720
>>134756023
Agreed
It boils my blood when the MC is a beta ass faggot
Anime where the MC is strong are so much more watchable
>>
>>134756858
literally perfect, forced urination alpha-male.
>>
They should be relatable and not better than me unless their life really sucks aside from being near cute girls.
>>
File: Izayoi.jpg (44 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Izayoi.jpg
44 KB, 400x400
sometimes the MC is overpowered as fuck but now you have a problem of finding a challenge for him to overcome.
>>
Because it makes otaku feel safe, since even if MC loses and gets beaten up the girl will still love him, as in anime girls don't care about things such as strength or ability to defend himself/her.
>>
>>134756023

Kodaka from Haganai seems the ideal Harem lead for you
>>
>>134756981
>Kodaka from Haganai seems the ideal Harem lead for you
Watched it, he looks scary so no one tries to pick a fight with him
Still he's a lot better than a lot of harem MCs
>>
>>134756023
watch no game no life if you want a good harem mc
>>
>>134756971
>Because it makes otaku feel safe, since even if MC loses and gets beaten up the girl will still love him, as in anime girls don't care about things such as strength or ability to defend himself/her.
Its much more appealing to weak otakus when the MC is a beta initially but has a secret power or something that makes him badass
>>
>>134756717
I just stated a fact.

Don't tell me you're one of those retards who thinks there is literally no method to anything.
>>
>>134756463
>not eating the crust
sage, reported, called the cops
>>
>>134757161
>>134756595
>>134756523
It was a metaphor you retards, i consume everything in the pizza box with pure joy
>>
>>134757079
That's a power fantasy.
Like in nukige, when the ugly faggot rapes all the hot bitches and they all become mindless sex slaves.
>>
Nah it depends.
If the MCs life is shit enough, that's when being a badass isn't intimidating. Like the guy from Midori no Hibi. Dudes strong and not beta, but he's missing a hand, can't jack off, and did nothing but get beat up for all his troubles.
So, yeah not intimidating, his strength and alphaness balances or with all the shit in his life.

But if they're strong and alpha, their life isn't shit, and they have a harem, then you're literally just watching some guy life his perfect life with his perfect bitches to make you feel bad for no reason. As though there isn't enough of that in real life.

And lastly is the scenario that's common, where the guy is beta and weak, but had a harem, where it balances or again, and has to added bonus of the MC being relatable enough to care then and have some connection to them.
>>
>>134756463
>not eating crust
what kind of shitty ass pizza are you getting anon
>>
>>134756105
Fuck off, narutard.
>>
>>134757324
Not to mention he was dense as fuck.
This also applys to Ranma too guess. Sure he's strong, but he's poor, has a shit ton of enemies, is inconvenienced by his curse a lot, first kiss was from a guy, had a shit childhood, and he's not even a guy half the time.
>>
Beta losers are annoying, but somewhat required. If they were a little alpha they would bang half the cast (like Fuji from White Album), and now you're into the forced drama territory and not really a harem anymore.

You have to understand how female character romantic attraction works in Japanese entertainment media -- the MC has to simply not be ugly and be "gentle". White-knighting while head-patting is an intense aphrodisiac to these characters. Being rich, famous, strong and super attractive hardly matters to them. It's an internal law of physics.
>>
ikki from rakudai is pretty decent, kinda beta in certain way but not full blown betamax. Can also kick ass when provoked

anime need more protag that hide their trump card
>>
File: Love Hina.png (572 KB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
Love Hina.png
572 KB, 1000x562
>>134756858
>>134756023
>weak beta harem MC
The first anime that comes to my mind
>>
File: 1409647974144.jpg (2 MB, 2554x2000) Image search: [Google]
1409647974144.jpg
2 MB, 2554x2000
>Why not make an MC who rekts everyone who tries to fight him?
Tenchi from Tenchi Muyo and his little brother Kenshi from Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari.
Seina from GXP does alright too.

Also MC from Rosario Vampire, after a point.
>>
Examples of a strong but also likeable harem MC are the Loose Boy games from Akabeesoft 2. His MCs are badasses but with seriously fucked up issues who end up being saved by the girls psychologically. Sharin no Kuni being my favorite, and A-Profile being my least favorite.
>>
>>134756023
Watch Yamada and the 7 Witches
>>
>>134756463
>You like pizza but you dont eat the crust do you?
Yes I do, the Crust is delicious. Are you some kind of faggot?
>>
>>134756463
Who the fuck doesn't eat the crust? Holy shit.
>>
>>134757393
Fuck off, shitposter. You need to be banned.
>>
>>134756023
>Why is it that your average harem MC is a weak as fuck beta?
because the writers and you are also this
>>
>>134756023
I thought it was Naruto in the thumbnail.

Naruto as a bully. That'd have been an interesting sight.
>>
File: 216545.jpg (38 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
216545.jpg
38 KB, 225x350
There are plenty of harems with strong male leads. That was never the problem. The problem is dense/asexual/herbivore leads.
>>
>>134756023
>MC in harem is always weak as fuck, and gets beaten by literally anyone.

>Yamada
>Hayate
>Ayato
>Basara
>Issei
>Kazuki
>Kamito
>Kirito
>Arata
>Izayoi
>Moroha
>ONII-SAMA
>>
File: Kazuma_MPshot.jpg (25 KB, 261x285) Image search: [Google]
Kazuma_MPshot.jpg
25 KB, 261x285
>>
I don't even want a raging Kamina tier dude bro

But a cool headed and confident hardass would be a nice change of pace

>inb4 unsheathes katana

Or someone not afraid to tease and banter with his harem too, like a friendly but sense class clown
>>
>>134758448
*dense
>>
>>134756023
When will threads like this be banned? This and "why is anime so shit after the 90s and doesn't all look like Akira anymore?" and the moe/SoL/harems/LNs are killing the industry thing are all just false flag threads of the worst kind and contribute nothing to the board, but they're still here day in and day out.
>>
ITT: people that need to lurk more and watch more anime but only bitch like this to get recs
>>
>>134756023
isnt that jojoke the anime? (oreshura)
>>
>>134758621
Some are. Their volume outweighs the volume of moderation, unfortunately.
>>
>>134757235
Almost all men and boys have power fantasies.

Women and girls tend to fantasize about being a princess or something from another world and being whisked back there by a prince or some cute subservient creature.
>>
>>134758694
Please end your miserable life.
>>
>>134758983
your not a fan it seems
>>
>>134756463
>you dont eat the crust do you?
OP confirmed for being 10, just ignore this thread.
>>
>>134757022
>Kodaka
>Better than anyone
He's one of the biggest beta cowards in the history of haremshit.
>>
File: 1401506505953.jpg (99 KB, 488x480) Image search: [Google]
1401506505953.jpg
99 KB, 488x480
>>134756023
Because a majority of the fags who watch harems are weak pathetic betas
>>
>>134756023
because japan is a country of peace loving sissies violence is looked down upon so harem mcs look like betas rather than genghis khan
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.