[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is One Piece the only 500+ chapter anime that actually uses it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: download (23).jpg (18 KB, 181x279) Image search: [Google]
download (23).jpg
18 KB, 181x279
Is One Piece the only 500+ chapter anime that actually uses it's length well?
>>
>chapters
>anime

congrats op, this entire thread is going to be people pointing out your typo and no one answering your question
>>
Hayate does its comedy good I think
>>
>>134678255
Well it has decent pacing in my opinion.
>>
>>134678614
I was talking more about using the length to expand the world and create interesting backstories/lore

One Piece has really good non-linear story telling, which is I feel is the best way to handle a story this long.

While other long runners such as Naruto and Bleach do have some semblance of lore and world building it only really happens if it's purpose is immediately apparent to whats currently happening, while that does happen in one piece it's also frequently used for foreshadowing and sometimes just to make the world the characters live in feel more alive.

I've heard people call One Piece The Lord Of The Rings of anime/manga, while it's definitely a stretch to say the least I do get where those people are coming from
>>
Well OP, I dropped One Piece after Thriller Bark because I got tired of the pacing.
>>
>>134678255
pretty much, that and hunterxhunter to an extent, and fma:b, and jojo.

some bad examples of needless length? reborn, fairy tail, beelzebub, and hayate
>>
>>134679262
>hunterxhunter
It's "length" is because of it's author never being around so that's pretty cheating.
>>
>>134679262
I should get into HunterXHunter, I've heard nothing but good things about it
>>
The story has a relatively slow pace, which is in no way a bad thing. It allows side characters to develop, side gags and world building.

So the length allows it to maintain that pace, while still giving it a rich story.
>>
File: 45ce8c3cfee51b51.png (188 KB, 549x800) Image search: [Google]
45ce8c3cfee51b51.png
188 KB, 549x800
Does anyone else wish there would be more Brooke fights?
>>
>>134679462
>More
You talk like there were any to begin with. So far he didn't have any struggle like most of the other strawhats.
>>
>>134679462
>fight(s)
He's had more than one? He hasn't had any actual fights since Ryuma and just gets a OHKO in before being an A+ supporting member.
>>
>>134679462
There needs to be more Nami fights before Brook fights
>>
>>134679530
>>134679536
>>134679622
>tfw my favorite Stawhat is both the weakest and least important to the story
>>
>>134679431
Yeah, people forget slow pacing != bad pacing
>>
>>134678995
Oda did a lot more long-term planning than those others.

Other shonen peaked pretty early since the authors expected to get canceled within a few years, and the story after that got made up as it went along.
>>
>>134678255
It's one of them, Oda excels at long term planning and world building. Jojo probably uses it's length better though, because it lacks the repetitiveness of OP and is significantly longer but still feels fresh. Setting it up in parts was a very clever way to structure the series and gives Araki a lot of freedom to use his massive reserves of creativity.

HxH is another good example, though it's a fair bit shorter than the others. It's got a lot of variety so it doesn't get stale, and Togashi has done well to prevent power creep so far. Seems like he'd be able to sustain the series for a while if he ever got around to actually writing it.
>>
>>134680888
>>134680040
I honestly wouldn't be shocked if Oda had One Piece completely planned out from day one
>>
File: Seven_Seeds_vol04_ch16_p060.png (487 KB, 1432x1100) Image search: [Google]
Seven_Seeds_vol04_ch16_p060.png
487 KB, 1432x1100
Using chapters as measuring isn't perfect, as monthly manga for example have fewer but longer chapters.

>I was talking more about using the length to expand the world and create interesting backstories/lore

7Seeds does that really well. Post-apocalyptic Japan with weird fauna and flora, a big cast of great characters exploring the ruins and searching for survivors.
The problems that arise are solved in various ways depending on the talents and personalities of the characters.
>>
>>134681931
I guess volumes would be better for measuring the length, since monthly manga have less chapters in a volume. So 50+ volumes?
>>
>>134679462
>>134679622
maybe fights are that important to this story?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.