[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this really how 2015 is going to end? Without an Evangelion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 20
File: asuka.gif (92 KB, 527x721) Image search: [Google]
asuka.gif
92 KB, 527x721
Is this really how 2015 is going to end?

Without an Evangelion movie? Seriously?

The year TWO THOUSAND AND FIFTEEN, the year when the Evangelion story takes place and is the 20th anniversary for the franchise yet no Rebuild 4.0 or any new Evangelion material at all because Anno decided to prioritize some dumb giant lizard?

Are you fucking kidding me?
>>
>>134676565
We got the BDs though
>>
>>134676565
Anno is a hack after all.
>>
>>134676593
>>134676593
>>
>>134676565
Speaking of all this, what exactly is Khara doing right now? Are they actually working on 4.0? What are all of those people doing?
>>
>>134676565
Why the fuck do you want more after 3.33?
>>
>>134677217
Maybe because 4.0 might redeem 3.33, I don't know.
>>
>>134677217
I want 4.0 so Khara can finally go do something else.
>>
File: 1445242107571.jpg (162 KB, 800x651) Image search: [Google]
1445242107571.jpg
162 KB, 800x651
COME ON IT'S 2015
>>
it's fucking 2015
>>
>>134677403
inb4 it sets things up for new tv series.
>>
>>134677920
I will actually deliver a death threat to Anno.
That said it seems pretty unlikely. The clusterfuck of 3.0 and the incredible delays on 4.0 make it pretty clear that Khara and Anno both don't give a shit about Evangelion anymore and do not want to work on it.
>>
>>134678075
>pretty clear that Khara and Anno both don't give a shit about Evangelion anymore and do not want to work on it.

Indeed, it's pretty clear that's the case but man, they could at least finish it if they really want to be freed from it.
>>
>>134678075
I felt that way since 1.11. I feel like the period of Eva is over for Anno and his crew but he knows it prints money so he forces himself and everyone else into it.
>>
I really loved the Rebuilds. 2.22 was my favorite of the three, but they were all amazing, and I can't wait for 3.0+1.0, and then 4.0 to come out. Those two movies are gonna be absolutely amazing.
>>
File: G7pb6fM.gif (1 MB, 290x189) Image search: [Google]
G7pb6fM.gif
1 MB, 290x189
>mfw there's not going to be a 4th movie until 2017 because Khara doesn't give a fuck about you and your opinions, they only want your money.
>>
>>134678447
Shit bait. I'm not even angry, just sad that any human being would hold this opinion.
>>
>>134678447
>and I can't wait for 3.0+1.0, and then 4.0 to come out

They are the one and the same.
>>
>>134677489
>>134677621
Shoo Shoo Slimy Timey-Wimey Limey.
>>
>>134678491
Not bait. I've just decided to appreciate them for what they are, instead of what sperglords would want it to be.

>>134678503
Nope. See, 3.0+1.0 is composed of the characters "3", ".", "0", "+", "1", ".", "0". Meanwhile, 4.0 is made out of a "4", followed by a "." and then a "0". The last Rebuild is 4.0, and it hasn't even been announced yet. Thus, it is quite obvious that there are still two more movies.
>>
>>134676758
Anno was supposed to have left them enough to work on while he was absent but I'll bet anything he forgot it all and throws it out to start over.
>>
>>134678963
hahaha I can imagine someone actually thinking like that. Good show.
>>
>>134678075
I'm starting to feel the same way honestly. Regardless of Anno's depressive excuse to switch to Godzilla in an effort to prevent some kind of emotional breakdown or whatever you want to call it. They could at least release a teaser to hold us over.

It's becoming pretty clear that they only did the movies to fund their studio. Now that they're sitting well on plenty of yen, they basically jumped ship to move onto other projects.
>>
>>134676593
Not in english
>>
File: 1392427375210[1].jpg (49 KB, 300x345) Image search: [Google]
1392427375210[1].jpg
49 KB, 300x345
Once 4.0 flops Evangelion will finally be kill.
>>
>>134682171
>implying the best girl discussions won't outlive you
There is no end to this. I only hope that /a/ exists by the time Anno dies so I can see all that shitposting.
>>
>>134682171
>Evangelion
>Flops
Literally impossible. Regardless of the quality it will print money.
>>
>>134682171
>Kill
>Anno totally won't give a fuck anymore and whore Eva merch and spinoffs to anyone with dosh
>>
Anno is free to do what he wants.

I'm personally chuckling at the idiots who actually thought 3.0 was some double-feature setup and that 4.0 was "just around the corner", that it'd be out in 2013. If that was you, be reminded that you are an idiot and an unreasonable cunt who only pushed that obviously false belief to defend how bad 3.0 was.

The only Rebuild movies that were any good were the first two.
>>
>>134682804
>I'm personally chuckling at the idiots who actually thought 3.0 was some double-feature setup and that 4.0 was "just around the corner", that it'd be out in 2013.
3.0 and Final were originally supposed to be released together. Final has been delayed many, many times.

Also I still personally consider 1.0 to be the worst film of Rebuild for being so aggressively pointless.
>>
>>134678963
>Not bait. I've just decided to appreciate them for what they are, instead of what sperglords would want it to be.
But anon, you are a giant, massive fucking sperglord if you actually like all three of them.

Normies liking the first two for being straight forward I get, but also liking the third one ? Nope. Your opinion is then one of two things: extremely uneducated or full-on asperger otaku fatlord nonsense. Yes that includes women as well.

Anyone who isn't a massive retard, who has watched the original would understand why 3.0 and through that movie, Rebuild is also shit. If you're a Rebuild-baby you're uneducated.
>>
File: CMONITS2015.jpg (44 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
CMONITS2015.jpg
44 KB, 612x380
CMON ANNO IT'S 2015: the thread
>>
>>134677217
More like why would you want anything after 2.0. Fucking rebuildfags.
>>
>>134683319
>2.0 is bad

epic
>>
>>134683010
>3.0 and Final were originally supposed to be released together. Final has been delayed many, many times.
Except that's not true. It was never true at all in fact.

By the time 1.0 was out, any plans to have the third last movie as an EoE-like movie divided in the middle was scrapped. It was for the majority of Rebuild's existence never ever going to fucking happen. It was the first pitch, merely in an interview, Anno stated concerning Rebuild once it was new. Maybe they'd do it like that.

So no, they were originally never going to be released together. Never ever. I'll be laughing at you for this one pal. You're shit and you deserve to hear it, your lack of critical ability deserves to be pointed out. You're shit.

3.0 is its own movie, and this is evident by looking at 3.0: unlike EoE, it's fully linear for a movie-length period. It's not divided into episodes like EoE is. Therefore, once 3.0 was made any "double-feature" was never ever a possibility. Especially since before 3.0 the directors are on-record saying they don't want long features like that.

Yet here you are still believing this was how it was going to be. It's been more than three years now. It's 2015, and it's time to accept that what you thought was as retarded then as it is today, in the current year.

>Also I still personally consider 1.0 to be the worst film of Rebuild for being so aggressively pointless.
Your opinion to be uneducated, pointless trash. You're just dumb.
>>
>>134683319
>disliking 2.0
If you dislike 2.0, it had better be for the right fucking reasons, and even those reasons would cease to matter depending on 3.0.
>>
>actually wanting new Rebuild movies
>>
Sephirotic-kun, where aare you. Are your tests over yet?
>>
>>134683442
>He thinks I'm a 3.0 apologist
Now just hang on with those implications there anon, the movie is shit, no worries, but there definitely were plans to release the two films together, and if there wasn't, Khara and Anno did a shit job of relaying this fact because it wasn't until 2012 that they announced the two would be released separately.
http://wiki.evageeks.org/Evangelion_3.0:_You_Can_(Not)_Redo
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebuild_of_Evangelion

As far as 1.0 is concerned, what's good about it? It's a flat retelling of NGE. It's not horrible in any regards but it's a waste of time for both the filmmakers and the audience. Might as well have just started with 2.0 if they were going to change basically nothing in 1.0.
>>
>>134683495
2.0 fails at giving character depth to anyone else other than shinji and rei though.
>>
Reminder that 2.0's "Complete Records Collection" was out a year after 2.0 showed in cinemas.

Reminder that it's been more than three years and 3.0's equivalent is nowhere to be seen.

If it hasn't sunk in yet that 3.0 is plotless pandering garbage for Asukafags and Kaworufags that actually tried to destroy a good part of what Evangelion was to achieve that, then it's about time you reconsidered the matter seriously.
>>
>>134683781
4.0 is Misato's time.
>>
File: HeroShinji.jpg (75 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
HeroShinji.jpg
75 KB, 960x540
>>134683418
>>134683495

>ruined all of the characters
>turned shinji into a hero
>turned NGE into the same type of fictional works we've seen 358923858 times throughout history
>literally did nothing but copy NGE and distort it
>shinji SCREAMING like a hero in a glorified rainbow gundam as he saves the girl, the same as watching fucking superman

>NGE
>avoided typical fiction tropes
>kept shinji as an anti hero all the way to its end
>created something that wasn't predictable like shitty rebuild
>avoided typical fictional tropes all throughout, making it stand out among all fictional works at its time

It's actually hilarious how delusional rebuildfags are. You guys defend the living fuck out of 2.0 when its literally like watching fucking Superman or any other boring, redundant fictional work, something NGE avoided throughout its entire run, something that made it far more unique. Rebuild is full of cliches, its full of EVERYTHING that is wrong with anime today, its NOT original at all, everything in it adds NOTHING to NGE to further improve it. It's literally a fucking cash grab all around. Also the fucking elevator music in several scenes? Yeah, kill yourselves.
>>
>>134683844
nice dubs reifag
>>
>>134683648
>Extras end of November
>Currently the 12th of December
Seph's dead, baby.
>>
>>134683779
>there definitely were plans to release the two films together, and if there wasn't, Khara and Anno did a shit job of relaying this fact because it wasn't until 2012 that they announced the two would be released separately.
There weren't any plans to do so, and any indications to the opposite were already invalidated by the time 2.0 was out.

You never needed a more clearer message than 3.0 itself either, because it is actually a whole movie on it's own. Basically you're retarded and if you had any self-respect whatsoever you'd admit that.
>>
>>134683903
>It's actually hilarious how delusional rebuildfags are.
Some are, but you're worse than them. NGE avoiding typical fiction tropes? What the fuck? It's chock full of them!

That blatant misconstruction of 2.0 as well is ridiculous.
>>
>>134683781
Not really. Misato has prominence in 1.11 and 2.22. Asuka got sidelined with Mari's useless addition but at least she got screentime outside battle, unlike the third movie. 3.33 just completely abandoned any semblance of character arcs. It doesn't even have the Rei they had in the previous movie.
>>
>>134683961
Well that's a nice tantrum you're having there but the Evageeks wiki still says that it wasn't announced that they would be releasing separately until the beginning of 2012 so unless you want to provide some actual evidence of how the combined release was invalidated by the time 2.0 came out I think we're done here.

Also, as far as 3.0, yes, it is a complete product, I agree. I don't really see why that's important though when we're talking about release schedules.
>>
>>134683781
Okay, so we can fairly establish you dislike it for the wrong reasons then. You're also a bit inaccurate, 2.0 also gives Misato more depth as well.

Then after that, what makes that so different from NGE? There's one other big-name character left and that's Asuka. Now 2.0 actually gives Asuka more depth as a character than NGE does with it's introduction of the character, so what exactly is your issue if not retarded shipping nonsense or somesuch?

Maybe you imagined Asuka as a different character than what she is, but the original Asuka early on is little else than a shallow and generic fanservice character with zero development. If 2.0 features Asuka with some development, you'd actually be forced to accept that there is some relative improvement going from "early NGE Asuka" to "early Rebuild Asuka".

>>134683903
What exactly makes you think that any of what you wrote is even remotely true?

Answer me this first: Did you watch NGE? Because judging from your post, you clearly didn't.
>>
>>134683926
I hope not. Brazil is a dangerous place however.
>>
>>134684033
>That blatant misconstruction of 2.0 as well is ridiculous.

Thanks, glad you have no reasons explaining why, because its absolutely true.

>NGE avoiding typical fiction tropes? What the fuck? It's chock full of them!

Sure, it has them in it, its almost impossible to avoid completely, but the point is, the MAIN message and premise of the entire franchise avoided the most overdone cliche, which literally is having heroic characters, villians, and a hero coming to the rescue. Rebuild looks like a completely lazy attention whore in comparison, by falling into this trap. Anno downplayed rebuild for a reason when 1.0 came out, and everyone else should too.
>>
>4 episodes in
>still no redhead
feel like I'm gonna just drop it desu
>>
>>134684238
>but the Evageeks wiki still says that it wasn't announced that they would be releasing separately until the beginning of 2012
>muh evageeks wiki

Not an official source, by the way.

>I don't really see why that's important though when we're talking about release schedules.
Because if 3.0 and 2.0 shits over the initial release schedule, which by the way included having the entire Rebuild series DONE by 2009, then your whole belief that said release schedule is somehow still "valid".

This is the highest tier of logic you can apply anon, the most basic and fundamental truth, and yet you're unable to comprehend it. What the actual fuck is wrong with you?
It was never going to happen and anyone, I mean anyone, could see that coming.

I'll keep chuckling at ya tho. You're even dumb enough to take a fucking wiki seriously.
>>
>>134684272
>Thanks, glad you have no reasons explaining why, because its absolutely true.
You gave zero reasons explaining your misconstructions. They are also blatantly wrong because Shinji acting the hero has happened multiple times in the series, not only just early on while he charges Shamshel, jumps in a vulcano to save Asuka, or for a good part of the series defeats Angels in a typical heroical fashion.

Have you even watched NGE? How can someone as stupid as you even exist? Who the fuck brainwashed you?

>Sure, it has them in it
No. Stop. It does not just "have them" in it, which by the way invalidates your shitty point, it's CHOCK FULL of them. Maybe you don't realize that because you're a Rebuild-baby who has literally no understanding whatsoever of what these cliches and tropes are.

Your whole anti-hero/no-heroes allowed idea is nothing but your own pretentious mastrubatory fantasy, and revealing it just shows how ignorant and lacking in context you are.
Congratulations showing that you are more or less incapable of having a valid opinion.
>>
>>134684389
>Not an official source, by the way.
That's because the official sources no longer exist. If you don't think that's true, I urge you to go find them. At any rate, there's no reason for me to believe you unless you offer a source that I have more reason to trust.

>Because if 3.0 and 2.0 shits over the initial release schedule, which by the way included having the entire Rebuild series DONE by 2009
Alright, I'll admit that production delays are a pretty good reason to not think that Final wouldn't come out on time. That still doesn't change the fact that the official announcement didn't occur until 3.0's release was announced.

>You're even dumb enough to take a fucking wiki seriously.
>He doesn't realize that wiki's are the best source of knowledge in the modern era
baka desu senpai
Tell me when you graduate middle school though, I'll come to whatever stupid ceremony they do for that nowadays.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKqGw1ODD-E
>>
>>134683903
>ruined all of the characters
Nope.
>turned shinji into a hero
For the duration of a scene or two? NGE does this on several occasions. NGE isn't a black-white rendition of Shinji failing to do something good at every single possible occasion.

>turned NGE into the same type of fictional works we've seen 358923858 times throughout history
You've barely seen the one fictional work that matters here, anon: NGE. What you wrote is not only just wrong, but you don't even have the background to make that claim to begin with.

>literally did nothing but copy NGE and distort it
Which is what a remake does. "Literally".

>avoided typical fiction tropes
Evangelion when it came out was nicknamed "The remix anime", and for good reason. Because it's made up nearly entirely of typical fiction tropes. Everything from giant robots, panty shots and the heroes saving the day is there in NGE. Feisty redheads and older onee-san characters? Father building the son a robot? Futuristic tokyo under attack by monsters, monstruous mecha? All done before.
Hell even it's dependence on religious symbols is not only an inherent unoriginality in itself, it's also been done by various other franchises like Devilman.

>kept shinji as an anti hero all the way to its end
No? Because Shinji has ups and downs in NGE, in one episode he's a hero, in another he's a failure. He can't be "kept" an anti-hero until the end because he was never just an anti-hero.

>created something that wasn't predictable like shitty rebuild
Nobody predicted either 2.0 or 3.0, for better or worse. Which is why you're crying about it.

>>avoided typical fictional tropes all throughout, making it stand out among all fictional works at its time
OH COME THE FUCK ON, THIS POINT AGAIN? Find a gun and shoot yourself.

You're nothing but a newbie twelve-year old that watched Rebuild for waifus and then read a tvtropes article on it thinking you know shit. Go watch NGE then come back.
>>
>>134684838
Fuck off.
>>
>>134684771
>That's because the official sources no longer exist.
So hold on, you've come to believe something there is no actual source for, despite what you believe being quite literally impossible to be true?
You'd trust words on a wiki written by zealous neckbeards over solid logic?

Here's your problem. You don't aim to be right here.

>That still doesn't change the fact that the official announcement didn't occur until 3.0's release was announced.
What is even your point? Why the hell would, with said official announcement, combined with the obvious facts concerning Rebuild's then altered release schedule not be enough?
Tell me, do you need a formal request by the Ministry of Health and Sanitation to go take a shit? Does someone need to write that you have to go take a shit in a wiki for you before you even start pondering about sitting down?

>Tell me when you graduate middle school though, I'll come to whatever stupid ceremony they do for that nowadays.
It wasn't even a thing when I graduated middle school, and for my entire academic career it was never acceptable to use for any form of citation or source. Even though I know it's better than many encyclopedias

You're one to talk about graduating middle-school. Take some advice from someone who was, and still is by the way, right: It's not a reliable source, especially not evageeks which is under lockdown preventing any erroneous information be changed.
>>
Evafags BTFO
>>
>>134676643

Exactly.
>>
>>134684238
>evageeks wiki
gee, why just not quote your dad who works at KharaTendo, because those sources would have pretty much the same credibility. After watching 2.0 we had two more movies to go and that was fine, people only started throwing around the idea that 3.0 was going to have a quick-followup to defend it.

>PLEASE WAIT 3.0 IS GOING TO BE OK IT JUST NEEDS ITS INTENDED OTHER HALF PART

All of this nonsense to avoid accepting that 3.0 is half a movie running at full movie length. In other words, 3.0 was irredeemably shit.
>>
>>134685297
>People still think I'm a 3.0 apologist
>>
>>134685370
That's the only reason people ever brought that up post-3.0.
>>
>>134685102
There used to be a source (the official Eva website) but the announcement for 3.0 has since been taken down.
At any rate, we've lost site of the argument. You're right that there was a good deal of evidence to suggest that 3.0 and Final wouldn't be released together. All I'm saying is that Anno did say the two would be released together and that there was no offical word about them being released apart until 3.0 was announced. That is all.

Also, wikipedia is reliable, it just isn't scholarly.

>>134685413
Be that as it may, they were announced to be released together initially and that was later changed.
>>
File: 1416285981179.jpg (500 KB, 1400x1201) Image search: [Google]
1416285981179.jpg
500 KB, 1400x1201
>>134676565
It'll happen in 2017 for the 20th anniversary of The End of Evangelion.
>>
>>134682171
It's more likely that Evangelion will enrage every waifu/husbando sect in the fan base to the point where they lose complete interest, and therefore, stop buying the merch. Anno said that he intended to kill Eva with Rebuild, after all. To do that:

>throw in shitty finale with no proper conclusion for any of the characters, aka a manga ending where it was all forgotten and therefore none of the characters' struggles matter
>make the 3 big contenders (Rei/Asuka/Kaworu) completely lose the Shinjibowl, have something like Mari pair up with Shinji instead
>kill off Shinji, effectively killing off the feel of evangelion
>continue ruining Rei's relevance, like what they're doing now
>make Asuka an absolute slut and further emphasize that her crush on Shinji is just latent daddy/parental issues
>reveal that Kaworu is actually a psychopath and an asshole instead of a good-hearted guy

There, it's over; the damage has been done.
>>
File: 1437030133357.jpg (58 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1437030133357.jpg
58 KB, 500x375
>>134686684
>make Asuka an absolute slut and further emphasize that her crush on Shinji is just latent daddy/parental issues
If Anno wants to die so badly he should just kill himself.
>>
>>134677489
Does John Oliver even say it's 2015 or is /pol/ just buttblasted as usual?
>>
>>134687206
It's a little of both. Oliver does say that quite a lot, but he also believes in everything /pol/ hates.
>>
>>134686684
Anno never said anything like that, and Anno IS the waifu/husbando sect at it's core.
>>
File: 1380931312200.jpg (481 KB, 1619x1725) Image search: [Google]
1380931312200.jpg
481 KB, 1619x1725
>>134683903
>there are people out there who still believe that Shinji rescuing Rei was some heroic GAR pandering attempt or something
>there are people out there who still believe that Shinji and Rei shared romantic undertones in the first 2 movies

I can't wait to see all of the waifufags get BTFO when Final reveals that Shinji is a FAR and that Rei is no longer Lilith or the Lilith we once knew, but some sort of offspring to him. They're retconning Rei away from her Lilith origins and into something else, while Shinji's GAR mode at the end of 2.0 was actually just latent maternal instinct. The retcons and the clues were all there, even in the first 20 minutes of 1.0. It's going to be amusing as hell seeing the complete utter shock and hatred on so many forums and boards.
>>
>>134687802
You mean like the shock and hatred on so many forums we saw when 2.0 came out coming from Asukafags?
>>
>>134687802
Anno hates Rei because he's a waifufag (and so are you probably), we know.

Those changes and retcons are all part of that.
>>
>>134688217
>Anno's a waifufag
>married some Kaworufag doujinshi writer
Are Reifags still running this line of rhetoric?
>>
>2015
>Still no perfect subs for EoE
>>
>>134688372
>still denying the obvious
Are waifufags still running this line of rhetoric?
>>
>>134687802
>>134686684
>>134688372

see >>134683844
>>
>>134688433
>implying you aren't a waifufag yourself

>>134688433
>>134688478
>post timers
>>
>>134688561
That was my line, waifufag. Yes, Kaworufags do count as waifufags.
>>
>>134688656
The correct term would be husbandofags. So why stick your neck out on some Reifag conspiracy as a Kaworufag?
>>
>>134688754
This: >>134687802
is sticking yer neck out.
>>
>>134688754
Kaworu is a negative foil to Shinji, calling him husbando requires that Shinji be superhusbando which is plainly wrong.
>>
>>134689804
But Kaworu is conceived as the ideal Shinji as if "What if Shinji didn't suck?"
>>
>>134689804
Kaworu is independently as a character, rather shit.

Husbando/waifu-ism is merely just idolatry of a character, including even feelings of romantic love.

>>134690269
Said conception resulted in the abortion that is Kaworu.
>>
File: 1447465142942.jpg (1 MB, 1188x1813) Image search: [Google]
1447465142942.jpg
1 MB, 1188x1813
Have you seen the new Godzilla movie trailer? It's bad, really bad Japanese acting.

Doesn't have the charm of the old ones, Anno is gonna fuck up and kill himself for real.
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 469x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 469x480
>>134683319
I do it for the Mari doujins. Eva itself is an overblown sack of shit
>>
>>134690269
According to Shinji. Kaworu is what he believes about himself and appealing to him for appearing comfortable with it, not for nothing is he introduced when Shinji is on his last nerve and avoiding people who care about him.
>>
>>134690416
It's a teaser, and it's literally just a shaky cam of a bunch of screaming people running down a street.

Too early to judge now.
>>
>>134690416
Now now, I think Anno botched the Rebuilds and is from the looks of things, an irredeemable old otaku whose only reason for existence is to perpetuate his own filthy otakudom, even if it means destroying whatever gets in the way.

But before I call anything he makes "shit", or good for that matter, I'll have to actually watch it.

As far as Godzilla goes, the acting or the story has never really quite been there if you ask me. Trust me when I say it's not really something Godzilla-fans look for in a Godzilla movie.
>>
>>134677489
i've never fucking heard him say that. this is the dumbest maymay
>>
>>134692069
so you don't watch his show?
Is that you're saying?
>>
>>134683861
>Asuka's

FTFY
>>
>butthurt Reifags
>>
File: 1447582010022.png (383 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
1447582010022.png
383 KB, 600x300
>>134678075
The only plausible reason to shit over Shinji so fucking hard is that Khara want to make Eva-related works without him. Otherwise, I don't see why we got an entire movie about how much Shinji sucks
>>
>>134692244
She had her time at the zoo where she belonged.
>>
>people actually like Rei or Asuka
they're both shit retards
to a lesser extent so is Misato for the rest of you
>>
>>134680598
We got it in the only language that matters though.
>>
>>134693615
>implying it'll only be Shinji.

They can't keep the same cast forever. I mean, we know Asuka's VA will likely quit for good after the final Rebuild movie, so there's that.
>>
>>134693615
No. 3.0 and even the end of 2.0 reek of creators who are bored with their work and realize that they have no idea where they are going, as do the constant production delays.
>>
>>134676565
terrible
>>
File: 1430404392789.gif (2 MB, 704x480) Image search: [Google]
1430404392789.gif
2 MB, 704x480
>haven't seen 3.33 yet because waiting for the english region release
>still going to watch it in japanese anyway

I walk a lonely road.
>>
Doesn't End of Evangelion actually take place during the start of 2016?
>>
>>134699390
Supposedly One More Final takes place on New Years Day, though it could theoretically be any time due to instrumentality.
>>
>>134680598
I could do thee sub because of asuka.

Nips seriously can't fucking do German.
>>
>>134676565
They've been celebrating the anniversary of the TV series exclusively this year. Rebuild's 10-year anniversary isn't until 2017.
>>
>>134676758
They're most likely working on it. Anno had the first script done back in 2017 and Khara hired animators for an Eva project in April. They hired 3.0's animators in December 2010, so we have some waiting to do.
>>
>>134682171
>Implying 4.0 won't make the most money of the four
>>
>>134683844
The 3.0 Complete Records Collection will probably be full of spoilery shit
>>
10 episodes in now. When does it start getting good
>>
>>134687802
>Rei is no longer Lilith or the Lilith we once knew
Lilith's corpse has a severed Rei head and her blood mutates the 12th Angel into dozens of large Reis. She's definitely still Lilith.
>>
>>134701654
just watch the rebuild movies
>>
>>134690269
Is that why Kaworu's so stupid?
>>
>>134676565
You could have gone to a Japanese 7-11 and bought a commemorative Eva bath towel about two months ago.
>>
>>134677489
/pol/ 2015 made worst of memes
>>
>>134701654
Half way point, after the recap episode.
>>
>>134702012
Why don't our 7-11s sell bath towels?
>>
>>134693615
Nope. Shinji is a self-insert type of tool in Rebuild, which is NOT Evangelion as in NGE. The old one doesn't shit on characters, it gives them a rough time but always for good reasons that make sense.
But not Rebuild. Shinji is now punished or rewarded based on what people he associates with.

Khara's greatest enemy and adversary within their own universe is Rei Ayanami, and the reasons for these are entirely otaku centric. Anno, Tsurumaki could never praise or accept this character because their otaku tastes tilt in the direction of Asuka. Which is understandable because Asuka is the type of character they grew up watching as children, Rei was in the 90's something more fresh and different.

Had Rei been unpopular, they wouldn't have disliked Rei as much. It's sad but it's how it is.

But going back to Shinji, he only gets roughened up because he wanted to save Rei and do something for her, really investing himself in it. His reward was to have every character hate him for it, and of course, Rei taken away and humiliated through characters like Fuyutsuki, Asuka, Misato, and through caricature with Rei Q. (tentative name)

His other punishment was in 3.0 not to associate with Kaworu, but rather to not do what Kaworu said. Hence Shinji is the traitor, or the betrayer as lyrics put it. His punishment was another impact and Kaworu taken away.

This works precisely in the way Khara wants it. While >>134687802
is baiting for replies, he's not wrong concerning what they've done with Rei so far. They could still have her be "Lilith", but they'd make sure Lilith is now a position of shame and disgust, or failure first.

>>134696924
They know where they are going.
>>
>>134693680
Wow. That's like, really clever, and totally not an indicator of shit taste.
>>
>>134676565
I'm on the last episode of the series. first time watching it.

help me, only 20 minutes left.
>>
>>134705364
EoE, nigga.
>>
>>134705491
the last 40 minutes have literally been people sitting in chairs getting abused by their imaginary friends.
>>
>>134699323
>>haven't seen 3.33 yet because waiting for the english region release

same

is there a date for the english release?
>>
File: Meet_Binky_011.png (30 KB, 185x143) Image search: [Google]
Meet_Binky_011.png
30 KB, 185x143
I'm watching Evangelion for the first time and my god this and this show seems like a massive clusterfuck, but I can watch the dub and be entertained by Binky Barnes refusing to get in the robot. Geez Arthur no need to be so mean about it. kek.
>>
>>134683903
To be honest, the rebuilds aren't that bad when you look at them without influence of NGE. The action sequences are great, the story is still there etc. What makes the rebuilds shit is the fact that it is continuously compared to the original, which probably is impossible to actually make a better version of. I'm not trying to be devil's advocate here, I myself am not a big fan of the rebuilds. My point is to at least cut some slack. Whether it was a good way to remake the original is up to debate, but it isn't a bad show. When not having NGE in the picture, it would have a straight 7/10 in my opinion.
>>
"are you riding his baloney pony"

holy fucking shit the last episode just went GOAT.
>>
>>134705769
trip code
>>
So from what i understand, the ending is shinji in a coma inventing friends. and thats the end of the story.
>>
>>134676565
We had the animator expo things, including this gay propaganda : http://animatorexpo.com/neongenesisimpacts/
>>
>>134705769
>The action sequences are great, the story is still there etc. What makes the rebuilds shit is the fact that it is continuously compared to the original,
I can give you the action, but the story isn't there. Nor is the comparison with the original.

See >>134703551
and stop pretending the mystery of why Rebuild sucks isn't already solved. Man the fuck up and accept it for what it is.

It would blow even without comparing it to NGE. The story and plot is all lacking, it's so far all flash and the story is 75% complete. It's already bad, but comparing it to NGE makes you understand why it's so bad and how criminal it is to have made it.

>>134705986
If you rewatch ep 25. there's some black-on-white text that explains that the Human Instrumentality Project began courtesy of Rei Ayanami and NERV/SEELE's scheming old men and women.
They then explain that it removes you from your physical body and unites everyone in a giant soul mass, completing everyone.

So yes everyone became one, thus ironing out Shinji's insecurities. What actually happens in the end is up for interpretation though.

EoE is a lot more hands on, without all the chairs and talk.
>>
>>134706124
ahh right. i knew i was missing something. im watching streams on a site and all the on-screen text is in moon runes. thanks for clarifying that.

what a shitty ending though. all that fighting to just live forever in a simulation.
>>
>>134706156
>streams
Go download the BD-version of EoE at least.

>what a shitty ending though. all that fighting to just live forever in a simulation.
I hear ya, completely valid interpretation. But they looked happy, didn't they?

Maybe End of Evangelion is more your taste.
>>
>>134706194
i'm watching it now. much more guns and explosions, very much more my taste.

did they change the story, or is this just stuff not shown in the original version?
>>
File: 1213039301604.jpg (27 KB, 336x450) Image search: [Google]
1213039301604.jpg
27 KB, 336x450
>>134706156
>Implying we aren't living in a simulation already
http://www.simulation-argument.com/
>>
File: eva-explained.gif (112 KB, 628x609) Image search: [Google]
eva-explained.gif
112 KB, 628x609
>>134706230
They ran out of time and budget for the last few episodes of the TV series, and ended up delivering what they had just as the show was about to air, but something like the first half of EoE was intended to be TV episode 25.

We didn't get the other fall-back plan, of Anno apologizing for his shamefur dispray in the studio.
>>
>>134676565
Got Eva BD, that's all that matters.
>>
>>134706289
you seem to know your stuff.

so let me ask you one more thing thats bugging me.

did shinji's father fuck rei? seems like he was fucking just about everyone else, and the creepy way she clings to him wigs me out.
>>
>>134706361
No, he didn't.
>>
File: 1125930681619.jpg (46 KB, 380x453) Image search: [Google]
1125930681619.jpg
46 KB, 380x453
>>134706361
Only in doujins. He was too busy banging Dr. Pullring instead.
>>
>>134706361
There was nothing of the sort in the anime, and they're more like father and daughter. I don't think Gendo would have tried either, his needs as far as sex goes is met by Ritsuko, Rei is there for the plan and emotional callback to his dead wife.

If he had tried, he'd probably fuck up everything worse than he already did by being cold and manipulative.
>>
>>134706418
this image really disturbs me. he needs to get his fucking hands off my waifu.
>>
>>134706511
Don't worry, Rei kicks his ass later.
>>
>>134706511
It disturbs me too. What has happened to Rei's left arm?
>>
>>134676758
jerking off
>>
>>134706591
Due to the instrumentality project revving up, or her proximity to Lilith, she is falling apart. Her AT-field is collapsing.
>>
Just finished watching EoE.

i honestly think i've been damaged beyond repair. like one of those horror stories about looking at a certain image sends you insane.

honestly i wont be surprised if i get suicidal tendencies after this.

that music. the mass extinction of humanity, the orgasm deaths of the rei evas.

fuck.
>>
File: m26_C143_fapfapfap.gif (277 KB, 420x238) Image search: [Google]
m26_C143_fapfapfap.gif
277 KB, 420x238
>>134707359
This is where you make the obligatory "What the fuck did I just watch" thread.

And welcome to the club.
>>
>>134707499
i want to go home and hug my mum.
>>
File: 1449941415310.jpg (602 KB, 1000x1414) Image search: [Google]
1449941415310.jpg
602 KB, 1000x1414
>>134707359
Pretty based right?
>>
Reminder that 3.33 was fujoshit and Asuka masturbatory fest along with Mari fan service. Shinji is a faggot that loves to get his bum fucked by kaworu. He deserves neither Rei nor Asuka
>>
>>134708103
D-don't remind me ;_;
>>
>>134676565
Ask yourself, do you even want 4.0 after you watched 3.0?
>>
>>134708136
Best thing about it was that it was simply fun to watch and a pleasure for us Asukafags
>>
>>134708508
You're disgusting
>>
>>134705565
Looks like it might be February 2nd.
>>
>>134708593
B-but I just showered
Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.