[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can this show get any worse? Holy shit.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 4
Can this show get any worse? Holy shit.
>>
Stella best girl of the season.
>>
When they fug
>>
>>134674625
What happened?
>>
>>134675317
>Can't even wear a garter belt correctly
>Wearing a garter belt at all
Literal slut.
>>
>HorribleSubs
>>
File: 5465464687.jpg (184 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
5465464687.jpg
184 KB, 1920x1080
Is this what every guy who starts dating an idol in Japan goes through?

Isn't it a bit extreme to actually jail someone for that? It's not like it's against the law.
>>
>>134675720
>Is this what every guy who starts dating an idol in Japan goes through?
Yes. Except the idol is usually pulled through the wringer in the media as well.
Remember that one case where an idol had to shave her head and apologize for having a boyfriend on tv? Shit is fucked up.

>Isn't it a bit extreme to actually jail someone for that?
It's just a pretense, though. They're just holding an ""investigation"", which is entirely legal.
>>
>>134674625
It will. Next ep is going to go to be full of flashbacks how shit Ikki was threaded by his family all the while with trying to show how isolated he is. Then will end up with a One hit Kill on the student council president for an anticlimactic finish.
>>
>>134676310
Damn I hate this "tragic past" shit every battle LN MC has
>>
>>134676310
*treated instead of threaded
>>
>>134676362
I don't mind tragic pasts that much, but I'd prefer them to be in the past rather than ongoing issues. Some bad shit in the past that gives the MC the drive to become strong can be cool, but everything that happens now being about that same bad shit just feels kind of tiring and boring.
>>
>>134674625
Friendly reminder to report and ignore every single one of the posts here and OP.

Here is the not shitpost thread

>>134675666
>>134675666
>>134675666
>>134675666
>>
>>134676310
>Next ep is going to go to be full of flashbacks how shit Ikki was threaded by his family all the while with trying to show how isolated he is.

This didnt happen in the LN. The only thing that DID happen was that he literally cut ties with his father.

>Then will end up with a One hit Kill on the student council president for an anticlimactic finish

Well it was actually a major thing in the LN because Ikki broke her fucking sword which never happened before. In the anime however there were multiple weapons getting destroyed so this wont have any impact at all.
>>
>>134676841
>This didnt happen in the LN. The only thing that DID happen was that he literally cut ties with his father.
But it does.
Volume 3 chapter 4. He goes through that blizzard shit to show he is all isolated while he has flashbacks on how it all started.
>>
>>134677056
Just glanced over it again and it is more cheesy than I remember.

"The cheers from Shizuku and the others. They… certainly reached the consciousness of Ikki who was alone in the blizzard. Ikki in his blurry vision confirmed it firmly.
"Please fight. And please win!"
His silver-haired little sister was there.
"Senpai, I'm going to put a special feature about you on the next wall newspaper, so you absolutely can't lose! Please!"
His lovely classmate with the glasses was there.
"Kurogane-kun. This is a critical moment, you know!"
A tall and beautiful former pupil was there.
"Sensei believes in you. You're not a boy who would lose in this kind of place."
"The student council president is stupidly strong, but you won against me, so let's see your strength!"
"Yeah, what she said."
"Ikki-kun! We absolutely believe that will win!"
The other students who he taught the sword to, as well as the upperclassmen who had always helped him. The classmates who he studied together with. The teacher who had let him into the academy. The worthy opponents who he had competed against for the Seven Stars Sword-Art Festival―
Many people were calling Ikki's name. From that sight, a single conviction was born inside of Ikki.
Ahh, at last I understand.
The thing supporting his body that had already been driven past its limits, what that thing was. It was their voices, and their hopes.
People who loved him. People who admired him. And―people whose dreams he had snatched away. The people who were gathered here right now, each and every one of them was entrusting some form of hope to Ikki. That was why they were calling Ikki's name. And those voices, those hopes, they were pushing Ikki onward."
>>
>>134675407
>photo of the lead couple kissing got published
>shitstorm
>MC got arrested for illicit relationship with an idol princess
>just kidding, it was just so he gives up on becoming a magical knight
>in jail for more than 2 weeks
>if he wins his last fight he'll be free
>somehow all this is legal
The writing is awful to say the least.
>>
>>134677774
Not to speak about ho Stella is doing nothing. She could be shouting to the world (in the battles for example) how inhuman this shit is, how she wants the man she loves back, how everyone judging them are a bunch of hypocrites, and generally, just rage against the situation and trying to change things from her side too. She's just sitting there, like a wife waiting for his husband to come back from war, believing in him, but thinking the only way she can support him is by not making a ruckus and continue with her life.
>>
>>134677595
>it is more cheesy than I remember
Exactly how I'd describe the whole show.
>>
>>134678013
Doesn't seems like she has the power and authority to do anything about it.
>>
>>134676102
Oh lawd dat true nigga
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/minami-minegishi-of-japans-teen-girl-band-akb48-shaves-head-apologizes-for-having-boyfriend/
>>
>>134678013
You're looking at this from a western perspective(or simply logical for that matter)
Unfortunately Japs, especially Jap women usually take the role of the good housewife. They're no fighters, hence what you call(which I agree) an awful writing.
But it's a different culture.
>>
>>134679037
I agree. Especially because she isn't japanese.
>>
>>134678013
It's not like doing that actually ever achieves anything other than making you look like an overly emotional retard.
>>
The stylistic choices for this episode were hilariously bad. I made the mistake of going to Reddit to read reactions, and they're actually praising it.

They trid to make it all serious and dramatic, but I just can't take it seriously at all. It come off hamfisted and just tacky.
>>
>>134679328
>going to reddit
It's your fault anon.
>>
>>134679328
>>The stylistic choices for this episode were hilariously bad.
Only for the later half but yeah it should have been a few minutes at most.
>>
>>134676362
WORST ONE
>>
>>134679328
I liked it, though I did feel that it dragged on a bit.
>>
>>134679141
Doesnt matter. they're in Japan arent they?
>>
File: Blood Rain.webm (965 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
Blood Rain.webm
965 KB, 852x480
>>134679328
I liked this scene.
>>
>>134678916
I somehow doubt that a bit. She only needs to hold a speech at the school for example. Principle would probably even allow it.
From what we've seen, she's even capable of giving a good enough one, to get the whole school on her side. Only thing that might go against that are probably her parents or maybe diplomatic relationships. Latter one would need a public announcement from her anyway, so it gives even more reason for her to give a speech.
>>
>>134679328
This episode was so difficult to get through. The only thing of worth was probably Stella getting splashed by imouto and Toko's butt.
>>
>>134674625
>Family be able to confine their son in gdr tier conditions for a week
Sasuga japan, you did it again.
>>
Is pretty funny people said this thread was for shitposting and it seems to actually have less shitposting than the main thread. Might be negative discussion, but it is still discussion in this thread.

>>134681628
Grain filter ruins it.
>>
>>134683509
That's because any form of critic towards Rakudai is looked as shitposting from the fan base's point of view. They can't accept the anime is mediocre with an even worse source. It doesn't help the anime tries to take itself too seriously at times.
>>
>>134679328
I liked the style a lot, director just went full ham for no good reason.
My personal beef with it though was the obvious LN tier drama.
>>
I don't get why people are being put off by the drama.
Everything has been foreshadowed since episode 1.
>>
>>134686714
Just a bit too quick to unload the entirety of it while switching back from filter to filter.

Overwhelming, I guess.
>>
God I love how cheesy this show is. If Asterisk is simple popcorn, and AntiMagic is extra buttery popcorn, this shit is just dripping with cheese.

Man, gotta love LNshit.
>>
>>134674625
Remember when you faggots said this is better than Mahouka?

Remember when I told you this won't even be a tenth as enjoyable and will be forgotten a week after it ends because it will be top shit?

You'll learn to listen to your elders some day.
>>
>>134686878
Rakudai has a lot of drama for a series focusing on tournaments. I'd understand drama when the entire world is going to shit in Anti Magic but come on.
>>
>>134686878
Might be the best way I have seen the big harem shows this season described.
>>
>>134686931
well school tournaments are serious business in rakudai.
>>
>>134687044
Most of the drama isn't directly related to the tournament though.
>>
>>134687044
Yeah. Still it's kind of weird when you think about it since almost all the shown battles Stella one-hit KO her opponents. Almost the same with Ikki. The school should have had more powerful students by these last rounds.
>>
>>134676704
>Here is the not shitpost thread
wot. Like 80% of that thread is shitposting.
>>
Fuck Touka's designs just hits all the right spots.
>>
>>134687222
It's a miracle for Ikki to win this easily considering his abilities, but Stella is a walking nuke.
>>
>>134687282
Anyone got caps of her with her panties showing?
>>
I would not have dropped if only touhou had decent screen time
>>
>>134686878

Why is asterisk simple pop corn?
>>
>>134687358
It's uneventful
>>
>>134687282
Too bad she's a prideful jackass.
>>
>>134687222
Having 16 rounds with 3 undefeated champions is insane anyway. 2^10 is already 1024, so unless they have like 3000 pupils, they should be matched against each other at this point.
Hell, after 16 rounds, having even two losses would probably still qualify you to be in the top 3.
>>
>>134687358
It's the most generic of the three. Plain 'ol salted shit. But hey, that doesn't mean to say generic is bad. It's well executed generic, I say.

Too bad these past three episodes have been an absolute trudge to watch which is a bit sad considering next week is the finale for the first cour.
>>
>>134687504
wait, as someone who haven't watched the show. i thought the competition was in elimination form?
>>
>>134687614
>It's well executed generic, I say
Exactly this. Everything has been done really well in Asterisk, character designs, plot, art, development. But it fails a bit at giving a special flavor.
>>
>>134687833
Not too sure on the plot portion but I agree nonetheless.
>>
So is the Rakudai author actually a woman?
>>
>>134687651
I thought that too, but for 16 rounds, you'd need 2^16=65,536 participants. And yeah, I somehow doubt they have that many.
>>
>this entire episode

Am I watching SHAFT?
>>
>>134688166
Classic Onuma.
>>
>>134688136
>Somehow I doubt they have that many
The number of students at my university is over 20'000. The number of students at the University of London is over 65'000 for undergraduates alone.

Along with the all-years admitted to the selection and the concept of randomly seeded 'Bye' matches, the number could be quite reasonably filled.
>>
>>134688136
>>134687504
I thought it was ladder format?
>>
>>134676841
next episode will be 50% him walking to the match and 25% battle, rest denouement

screencap this post
>>
>>134691205
I've read the book too.
>>
>>134674625
It can't
>>
>>134691098
Yes, it's a bit confusing because before the fight they always announce how many victories they have but it's pointless since they always have to win in order to fight the next battle. Kind of dumb.
>>
>>134677774
The worldbuilding of Radukai makes absolutely not the slightest lick of sense in general even for a battle academy in show, and I say that as someone who likes it.
>>
>>134674625
much worse
>>
>>134686891

What's Mahouka?
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.