[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You are given the job to prove the the people that anime is an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: ozu.jpg (56 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
ozu.jpg
56 KB, 600x337
You are given the job to prove the the people that anime is an artform similar to paintings, theater and movies
What anime would you choose to prove your point?
>>
>le thinly veiled recommendation thread!
>>
You know /a/ is going to get asshurt about this thread because it involves actually talking about the medium they claim to enjoy?
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 620x478) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 620x478
>>
>>134659259
I give up because people will decide whatever they want because they don't want to change their opinions.

Whatever I pick, even if they like it, will be used as an exception that proves the rule.
>>
boku no pico
>>
>>134659259
Those are 3 entirely fucking different mediums though.

That's like trying to prove a taco counts as chinese, british, and indian cuisine at the same time.

Or did you mean "respectable" artform similar to painting, theater, and movies?

because if you meant that, you might as well ask what anime isn't shit.
>>
Art is a definatory term, not a normative one. All animation is art.
>>
File: 1449620029326.jpg (186 KB, 1267x2048) Image search: [Google]
1449620029326.jpg
186 KB, 1267x2048
>>134659259
>movies
>artform
maybe 60 years ago
>>
Glasslip.
>>
>>134659259
SAO, decent Action romance and nice art.
>>
>>134659259
You posted it, anon.
>>
>>134659259
kemonozume
>>
>>134659259
Doraemon, shin chan, ping pong
>>
Not only /a/, but most of anime fans on the internet are going to talk shit about it, despite enjoying it, because they are extremely insecure and afraid they would be labelled as weeaboos, but as long as they desperately try to put on this "superiority mask", they feel safe. But mostly, the ones to which they want to prove they don't genuinely actually appreciate chinese cartoons and comics are themselves, too afraid to fall into the strongly biased stereotype that is the "otaku", as seen by the japanese. As if having a harmless hobby of any kind that happens to be stigmatized is enogh to make you worthy of being avoided by your peers and laughed at. Whether this is what actually happens in Japan or not (I don't live there, so I don't jump to conclusions) and whether or not "social acceptance" only comes down to be socially functioning, regardless of your personal interests, the fact remains that there is nothing wrong in watching anime or reading manga in itself. Society possibly being judgmental does not change that.

I can claim I love reading manga and watching anime, without any caveat like "I watch it out of habit but I know it's shit". As for it being art, first I should say I don't think anyone can objectively define the concept of art, so everyone has their own criteria to deem something as art or not. Moreover, something being a work of art does not necessarily mean it's good: we can have shitty paintings and masterpieces at the same time, but paintings usually fall within the realms of artistic works. Putting it in these terms, yes, I think comics and animation are artistic media and, by definition, anime and manga are, too.
>>
File: k-on_character.jpg (79 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
k-on_character.jpg
79 KB, 640x480
Only correct answer.
>>
>>134659259
>>134660002
This is a novel, though.
>>
File: 1424549731082.webm (3 MB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
1424549731082.webm
3 MB, 720x576
Something like OPM
Capeshit is pretty popular genre right now.
>>
>>134659259
>Neon Genesis Evangelion
>Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
>The Tatami Galaxy
>Paprika
>Serial Experiments Lain
>>
>>134663256
capeshit already killed film
>>
>>134660725
Pretty true, in my experience. So many of you guys talk shit about something you spend a lot of time on. Don't take your hobby too seriously and all, but a lot it reeks of tryhard "no, really I'm completely normal and definitely not a weeaboo." Anime nerds are only a step above furries on the nerd hierachy, so fucking embrace it man.
>>
Tomodachi wa Mahou
>>
ping pong
the art was GOAT
>>
>>134663444
>all pretentious crap except for TTGL which is manchild crap
>>
>>134660725
>>134665295
I wish at least half of /a/ have your wisdom.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.