[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there an anime that has a dub just as good or possibly better
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: YYH.jpg (254 KB, 1438x1077) Image search: [Google]
YYH.jpg
254 KB, 1438x1077
Is there an anime that has a dub just as good or possibly better than RAW?

Pic related
>>
File: berserk.jpg (100 KB, 535x300) Image search: [Google]
berserk.jpg
100 KB, 535x300
>>134642017

honestly the dub cast being more consistent than the Japanese version is a huge help plus Guts, Casca, Griffith and Void's voices are god tier.

also the bloopers are GOAT.
>>
>>134642017
None.

Even if you think the dub sounds better or the English VA's voices "fit" more. There will be unavoidable losses when forcing the English line to match in length with the original animation. Those losses range from the tiniest of nuances to completely character/relationship defining traits.
>>
>>134642360
not all loses or changes need to be inherently bad though
>>
>>134642360
>There will be unavoidable losses when forcing the English line
So just like any other translation? **the real reason dubs are bad is the English speaking women**
>>
>>134642452
It's personal opinion whether you think it's better or worse but objectively it deviates from the author/director's intentions. There's a reason rewrites get shit ratings on sadpanda even if the content itself might be better.

>>134642492
Subtitles, in addition to not being constrained in length, also retain the original audio so anyone who is in the slightest familiar with Japanese (either through formal study or just exposure to enough anime) will be able to pick up on things that would have otherwise been lost.
>>
>>134642017
Cromartie High School.
>>
File: 51raQpGeS0L._SY300_.jpg (27 KB, 212x300) Image search: [Google]
51raQpGeS0L._SY300_.jpg
27 KB, 212x300
>>134642017
Trust me on this one, guys. It's fucking hilarious. This is what happens when they get a shitty anime and let the VAs do whatever they want with it.
>>
File: devilman_ova3.png (309 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
devilman_ova3.png
309 KB, 640x480
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzXBcLK4MR0
>>
>>134642241
Yeah, love that the brought the main guys back for the movies.
>>
S-stupid sexy Kurama
>>
>>134642017
G Gundam.
>>
Baccano.
>>
>>134643857

This, i would not be able to bear it watching it any other way
>>
>>134642017
the dub is horrible
>kuwabara's voice
>>
>>134642017
I'd say Big O's dub is on par with the original audio. I've watched it like three times each way.
>>
>>134646111

Ur a Meshi
>>
just actually finished watching yyh, remembered watching a few episodes as a kid randomly and sat down and watched it. Pretty good, up until the end of the dark tournament was fantastic then it never reached the same heights

Don't like how they made kuwabara the ultimate jobber, to the point he didn't even fight anymore, he was the most my favorite of the 4. For some reason they completely destroyed all progression made by hioei character wise after the dark tournament. Power scaling got incredibly out of hand, and the half demon thing wasn't the best. The demon world arc was obviously rushed too.

Despite all that I still enjoyed it, what do you guys think?
>>
Golden Boy.
What makes a superior dub isn't the voice necessarily being better, but the action in the voice, the personality the VA gives it.
>>
>>134648447
>dark tournament
>generic fight the bad guy tournament
>best arc

No, dude. You just have shit taste.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.