[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does watching OPM make you depressed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 10
File: saitama.jpg (56 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
saitama.jpg
56 KB, 852x480
Because it puts perspective on how real humans are really really weak
>>
how so

you mean compared to fictional monsters?
>>
It's about the triumph of human will, how would it make me feel depressed?
>>
>>134626443
Why did you spoiler that word? Are you retarded?
>>
People watch superhero shit all the time and feel just fine.
>>
im not a emo so no
>>
>>134626641
You are underage, though. Leave.
>>
I think you should talk to someone, OP. Your mind seems to be in kind of a dark place.
>>
>>134626443
Yeah, just look how happy Saitama is now that he's strong.

Oh wait.
>>
>>134626757
Why doesnt he get a gf?
>>
>>134626443
Not depressed, but their background stories would leave me in a bad mood. E.g., Garou's story of how people in general would support the popular and/or the beautiful at the expense of the disadvantaged or the right. I often notice this and the other background stories in real life and it pisses me off.
>>
No. Physical strength isn't everything. Think about modern science and math, look at how crazy (and beautiful) that shit is.

And even if we are to talk about force, we have much magical devices to project force for us, from throwing things faster than sound to splitting atoms.
>>
>>134627275
>Because it puts perspective on how real humans are really really weak

Compared to what? monsters and aliens?
It's like you've never seen capeshit before
Or like every other fucking anime
The only one holding you back is yourself
>>
>>134626502
Well I suppose, but mainly toward the fact that even within our world we are pretty weak. We can get hurt from such little shit like having chairs and stuff thrown at you

>>134626614
Maybe they dont aspire to be something greater than what they are?

>>134626641
were on 4chan

>>134626701
its cold here

>>134626757
accelerator seems to enjoy himself
>>
>>134627624
didn't mean to quote
>>
>>134627624
>The only one holding you back is yourself
Not really, no matter how badly I want to be Saitama I cant, its not physically possible
>>
>>134627725
How much can you lift, lad
>>
>>134627761
2pl8 bench, was 65kgs at the time
>>
>>134626443
Eh if it pisses you off it pisses you of. The question is what will you do with that anger, whine about humans being bastards or get stronger/smarter yourself OP?
>Hit the gym.
>Read science stuff
>Close the Tv and news
>Stop listening to sjw and their whining
>Start fixing your mental issues by yourself
Boom your life just got 90% better
>>
>>134627761
Kill yourself, newfag.
>>
>>134627818
Not everyone is that strong, anon. Some of us need "real" support but have no one around to cheer us on.
>>
>>134627662
Except we're not weak. We're by far the most successful species on this planet. If humans were weak, natural selection would have made is non existent a long time ago. This humans are weak meme needs to stop.
>>
>>134627942
Shit came off as cheerfag? Sorry man, speaking from ,admittedly not the worst , but still various experiences.

Truth is if can't rely, or don't want to burden, your family there ain't that many people who would help you but yourself.

Manga true nakama stuff is nice, but so far in all my years i had few 'true' friends from a lot, lot of acquaintances(counted in one hand fingers to spare stuff) and even those few couldn't help, either because they were going through their own shitters or/and lacked the know how.

Honestly most people are weak,fragile, closed minded, bigoted, stupid(sup 100 int), superstitious and more monkey than man. But still what can you do? Its not even their fault those are the cards genetics/environment gave them.

Stuff that helped me? Have something or some distant goal to live for, I want to see the stars and other galaxies ~desu~. Truth is i am unlikely to cause my body will probably crap long before ftl travel and biological immortality + i am too stupid, but still i strive for it.

Copy one attribute of the stupid people, be irrational in your will to live. As i said i know that i will be probably be dirt, but i still keep at it ironic/stupid no? Yet it works and its how humans have come as far as they have.

Don't tackle all your problems in one day/ don't plan for the next 20 years now. If i get the correct idea were you are now? One day at a time man. "what will i eat, what will i watch, what hentai will i fap to." Once you are better one week at a time then a month or two and stop there. Beyond that only loose, really loose plans. Its not useful to have concrete plans for a year from now unless you are running a business.

And finally, i bored you enough, use your anger. Its free drive/energy to do stuff. "They said i will be weak? I l show them!' "I won't deadlift 100kg here is 120 you fags!" etc Armchair therapist fag awayyy!

+Esdeath? Hot choice man.
>>
>>134628898
>Truth is i am unlikely to cause my body will probably crap long before ftl travel and biological immortality + i am too stupid, but still i strive for it.
It's why I am betting more on things like cryonics or something like that. I think it has the potential to get good enough in time.

I'll take anything above 0% chance.
>>
OPM fags truly are fucking retarded.
>>
>>134629115
Eh true dat, but i am on the ass end of europe and kinda poor fag as far as the cost of cryonics goes.

If/when i get the money though, then sure thing i l freeze my ass like master chief! "Wake when I can bang a Cortana :P and have his enhanced body"
>>
>>134629126
As opposite to OPMhaters who only can shitpost?
>>
>>134629236
You need to be 18+ to post on this board.
>>
>>134629357
25 faplord here, try again faggit.
>>
>>134628803
>We're by far the most successful species on this planet.
By your definition of success, maybe. From an evolutionary standpoint humans are by no means the pinnacle of life, though. Every other species on the planet right now went through just as much evolution and natural selection as we did; hell, a lot of them are more prolific. Microbes in the human body outnumber human cells; there are surely numerous bacteria species that have much more sheer population and distribution.
Humans just have a very strange, extremely visible niche in the world.
>>
>>134626688
if he's an overaged virgin he can stay
>>
>>134628803
you speak as and to virgin otaku on 4chan. not successful by biological or evolutionary definition at all
>>
>>134629498
grats, you're retarded
>>
No, because I lift.
>>
>>134629947
Wow, you really showed me. You're right, good point, I'm totally wrong. What a thorough and well thought out rejection of my argument. Thank you for your enlightening opinion, it's changed how I view the world.
>>
>>134626572
This.
>>
>>134629498
Ehem - hold this single fuck I'm giving. Meaning it.

Enlighten me on that niche thing, what was meant by that?
>>
>>134629498
Intelligence >>>>> everything else.
>>
>>134627725
>>
>>134626443
It makes me sad because I'm an elitist. I hate the fact that I enjoy it because everyone else does. Today in class someone was watching the lastest episode on his fucking phone.
>>
>>134626572
This anon gets it.
>>
>>134629498
Yeah sure but will the microbes in our body reach Mars like us will? CHECKMATE.
Wait, shit.
>>
OPM fags are delusional and retarded as fuck
>>
>>134627818
>tfw joints are all ripped up at 20
>doc says i'll need surgery every five years for the rest of my life and im not allowed to do anything but walking which is insanely boring.
>cant get knee replacement for a few more years
>back is shot
>forever an inferior human

I regret giving lifting my all and not just drugging/roiding into victory.
>>
>>134627662

>Getting hurt from having chairs thrown at you

That sounds like a personal problem. Try picking up some weights some time.
>>
>>134626443
Nigga, it's inspirational. The way he just trained himself to near godhood gives hope to fatties like me.
>>
File: i know that feel.png (46 KB, 163x371) Image search: [Google]
i know that feel.png
46 KB, 163x371
I feel like that too, OP. Sometimes I think about fictional characters and what would be needed irl for someone to achieve that level of power, speed, pereption... my bet is in something like Raiden from Metal Gear: becoming a cyborg that'll never exist in our lifetime and even when it does will be dependent on companies good will and luck.

To all of you talking about how humans are great, I disagree. Many talk about how we're smart, but our intelligence is highly overrated. Individual people are barely more capable than an average gorilla. All this yapping makes it look like we are all supergenius, when in truth most people can barely understand how a lamp works and even the greatest scientists couldn't build 1/10 of the machines they use. Technology is like a being of it's own that grew through what humans can do: small contributions from each generation. It's not like someone was capable of doing it all alone in one or two moves.
>>
>>134633486
I was ripped 90kg at 180cm, and then I herniated a disc and gained 10kg over the next 3 years.

My gf is asking me to get abs again, how do I get the motivation to go back into the gym?
>>
>>134634933
Yes but as a species we still.built all those magnificent structures, machines and so on. We can work together like no other species we met so far.
Also stop projecting your intelect on others, do you really think engineers for example don't know how certain things they build work?
Or how do you think an architect makes plans for a bridge? If he didn't completely understand his stuff, that'd be pretty bad.
And that's just regular people, geniuses throughout the history are legitimately amazing.
>>
>>134635208
Humanity is essentially a hivemind.

Your brain is also effectively a hivemind.
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/you-have-a-hive-mind/
>>
>>134635208
It's irrelevant how "the species" managed. OP's dilemma revolves around individual power, and he is right saying we are weak.

Architects, engineers, doctors and so on, especially nowadays, have specific knowledge and skill. No one understands a bridge completely, from the density calculations to the types of screws holding pieces together. In the real world, a Tony Stark is impossible, no matter how much Marvel and deluded people deny.
>>
>>134635370
See >>134635345

Our strength is our individual specialization.
Why do you think the assembly line and Fordism revolutionized human history.
>>
>>134635439
Great, pack animals suck and we are exactly this type. Individual specialization and cooperation are boring, being a hero is much cooler than being a cog and yet we are made to be just that.

I wouldn't be too bothered by it if being human wasn't so fucking risky and impotent. The fact one can get crippled from a badly thrown punch is depressing, and if you get your hands on a medicine book you'll see diceases that'll make you afraid to be alive.
>>
>>134635584
No that's not being a human. That's just you being a bitch.
>>
File: file.png (355 KB, 677x730) Image search: [Google]
file.png
355 KB, 677x730
>>134635652
Something as simple as picrelated is enough to snap a tendon and cause serious permanent damage.

Face it, humans are fragile.
>>
>>134635787
Humans have amazing potential but you'd rather blame your feelings of being a failure on general "human weakness".

Our by far greatest weakness is not the lack of super hero abilities, but that we don't put ourselves in others' shoes enough and greatly wrong each other.
>>
>>134629498
He is right in some sense though. He is just shit in explaining it.

Consciousness is a mistake.
>>
>>134636330
The great potential of each person is diminute near that of fictional characters. Even joke characters, of the likes of Licenceless Rider and Usopp, have more endurance than the strongest of us. Rider took a beating of a behemoth (Sea King) and got better later, yet all it takes to kill, or worse, to permanently paralyze the strongest man irl is a car not even going so fast. A real person against Sea King would have died or passed out on the first blow.
>>
>>134636330
Those are remnants of our days as tribes. Fuck the other tribe I don't care what happens to them as long as it doesn't happen to us.
>>
>>134635787
If a horse breaks a leg, you have to kill it
If a human breaks a leg, you put it in a cast for a couple weeks
>>
File: tats 1.png (9 KB, 1203x671) Image search: [Google]
tats 1.png
9 KB, 1203x671
>>134626443
>>
>>134636563
Have you been in a fight?

I used to believe the same until during a fight someone repeatedly beat me up with a shovel. The adrenaline kept me awake and after being lost for a few minutes I was fine and awake. I did got injuries. Since then I learned we are not made of glass and it's really hard to get knocked out like in fiction.
>>
File: tats 2.png (4 KB, 1203x671) Image search: [Google]
tats 2.png
4 KB, 1203x671
>>134636687
>>
File: tats 3.png (5 KB, 1203x671) Image search: [Google]
tats 3.png
5 KB, 1203x671
>>134636735
>>
>>134636563
Human beings are VERY resilient, anon. There's very few species that can keep functioning with broken limbs and oir medical science makes it so we can recover. Human bones are rather tough.
>>
File: tats 4.png (6 KB, 1203x671) Image search: [Google]
tats 4.png
6 KB, 1203x671
>>134636777
>>
>>134636907
And we have tons of stamina. We didn't outrun our pray we followed them until they fell from exhaustion.
>>
File: tats 5.png (96 KB, 1203x671) Image search: [Google]
tats 5.png
96 KB, 1203x671
>>134626443
>>134636953

gross, die
>>
>>134636330
What I'm getting at is that humans have amazing potential with creativity and intelligence, not physical feats.

There will always be an animal or machine that can lift more, jump higher, etc, but humans are the only ones that can leverage their intelligence.

>>134636704
I jumped off the swings and fucked up my elbow completely. My left arm's musculature is vastly different than that of my right.

I got tackled illegally while playing soccer and herniated a disc in my back, now it hurts all the time.
>>
>>134637275
That sucks dude. In this case try to waist as much money on med bills since it's going to get worst with age.
>>
I feel much worse when reading Fate. Knowing Shirou keeps on fighting no matter what happens when I'd get scared from a guy with a gun.
>>
>>134636959
Your knees, hips, and ankles get absolutely decimated until you get accustomed to the running and then they start healing.

You'd have to run 10km a day, wreck your shit for a month straight and then your bones would adapt and start repairing cartilage.

>>134637532
Since they happened on campus and they were sports injuries I get covered 100% by school so I'm not worried about that.

Elbow is inoperable because they'd have to detach my tendon, shave off the bony growth and then reattach it; reattaching it isn't guaranteed to work and even if it does it wouldn't necessarily be better than it is now.

Back is getting better since I'm getting physio from world renowned doctors, and getting a whole lot of narcotics/medical marijuana.
>>
No because that's stupid. It's a series about ridiculously powered humans giving literal monsters a fight, then has a protagonist that can tackle any threat effortlessly because he trained hard enough. It's human power fantasy more than anything. It ain't no War of the Worlds where humans luck out. Damn, just look at HxH where humans had to resort to a bomb to kill the Chimera Ant King.

Yeah, fantasy doesn't match reality but "real humans aren't that strong" is the last thing to come to my mind watching.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.