[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who approved this garbage for production? how does anyone even
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 10
File: why.jpg (283 KB, 694x1030) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
283 KB, 694x1030
who approved this garbage for production? how does anyone even like this?
>>
Better than EVA.
>>
Maybe you just have shit taste, OP.
>>
>>134603632
the first arc actually good,eventho arcs after that absolute garbage.just wait for the progressive adaption
>>
Considering its a top seller, I don't think they care how bad it is.
>>
>>134603632
I don't even know what this is but I want her to hold onto me like that. Does this make for a good self-insert?
>>
File: 1449808662125.jpg (172 KB, 1000x810) Image search: [Google]
1449808662125.jpg
172 KB, 1000x810
>>134603659
>>
>>134603632
There are way worse shits out there nigga.
>>
>>134603892
Nah OP's taste is fine, he just overestimates the taste of normalfags
>>
>actually good romance where main girls wins before end
>marrying, sex and children
>/a/ hates it
Why.
>>
>>134604368

Because we don't want romance, we want adventure.
>>
>>134604368
>good romance

I'm not going to tell you why the actual writing is fucking dog shit overall, but everything SAO tried to do well gets shit on shortly there after.

Them getting married and a house on a lower floor was amazing premise and a good distraction, but then they had to throw his whole Yui plotline in because we "really" need to drive home the point that these people are in love so we give them a fucking AI daughter for no reason, only so they can have a kid

The fuckers don't even act married in real life, and hardly have a relationship other than "Lets go on a date every once and awhile, and then play video games all the time because, you know, thats where our daughter is"

It's fucking dog shit.
>>
>>134603659
Ebin
>>
>>134604592
also they are worried about their MMO no longer existing when they can transfer their characters to any other MMO that exists.
>>
>>
>>134603632

Simple economics.

Companies, or a vast majority of them, don't really give a shit about what the products they sell, unless said product is so loaded with negative connotations that the said company would have to pull back the product lest they incur any more fiscal damage. It's all in the marginal benefit and the goal of maximizing shareholder value. Because that's what companies do. They want to make money.

And how does anyone like this? First, we have to be sure that "anyone" does like this. Well the very fact that a rational entity approved this show for production must mean that they can make money off of it, which must mean there exists people that like this. Establishing this proposition and verifying by inspection, we can now move on to how people like this. If it isn't obvious already: it appeals to a large set of demographics. It has incredible opportunities for extended business reaches (merchandise, games, books, bluray, etc). Strong female lead. Gaming setting. Self Insert. Characters tailored to pander to specific types of people. Written in a way that's mellow, easy to follow, and occasionally dips into more sobering tones. It's, to borrow a concept and phrase, "fun".

Hope I cleared everything up so you don't have the urge to post anything similar like this on /a/ ever again.
>>
>>134603659
Second.
>>
>>134603632
>make a cool as fuck virtual reality fantasy world
>fill it with the stalest shit mmo mechanics out there
Who thought it was a good idea?
>>
>>134604256
Hi OP.
>>
>>134603632
Uh you and your loli loving army you shitbag
>>
>>134603632
At least it's better than cowboy bebop and logh, m8.
>>
>>134603659
Came here to post this.
>>
>>134603632
>watch this over winter break
>expect adventurous story with a continuous plotline leading to the end boss with epic battles along the way
>get directionless plot with a main character in a harem that does random shit
>main character and girl get a baby that calls him daddy
>the original online game ends out of the blue
>incest storyline like its fucking normal
yeah, i dont get this and i dont understand how its popular
>>
>>134603632
People interested in easy money.
>>
>>134608099
>expect adventurous story with a continuous plotline leading to the end boss with epic battles along the way

Have you tried living in the database wow wow by chance? It scratched the itch SAO left me with but never scratched.
>>
File: Log-Horizon-Season-2-Wallpaper.jpg (208 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Log-Horizon-Season-2-Wallpaper.jpg
208 KB, 1920x1080
>>134608873
>didn't even attach the picture

I'm pretty dumb
>>
File: KrustyAdjustGlasses.gif (573 KB, 450x253) Image search: [Google]
KrustyAdjustGlasses.gif
573 KB, 450x253
>>134608915
>>
>>134603632
First arc was okay, it should have gone on longer, everything after that was utter shit.

Also Asuna is prime wank material.
>>
>>134603632
SAO isn't even the worst thing out there, it's just a generic harem.
>>
>>134608968
>>
File: FB_IMG_1448890349514.jpg (88 KB, 1137x640) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1448890349514.jpg
88 KB, 1137x640
>>134604368

Most people like this element of the show, not handled too badly. But the rest of the show being nothing but ass-pulls, deus ex machina, shitty fan service with cut-and-paste tropes, and masturbatory self insert power fantasy make the show really dumb overall. It could have been good, and arc 1 I enjoyed despite what was wrong with it, but everything good got pooped on after that first arc *shrug*
>>
>>134609322
I don't think you need to really even think that far about it. What we were told we would get is this brutal death game involving 100 floors and 100 boss battles with 10,000 people in it. We should have got great action, great stories involving individual people and social drama of guilds, and some of that romance thrown in

what we got was
>a couple of floors
>couple of shitty boss fights
>ass pull, the anime
>the ass pulls were so strong, the game system gave him ANOTHER ass pull
>women getting soaked left right and center for this kid
>every woman he encounters think he's the studmaster 5000 without exception
>random episode which is some sort of some sort of scooby doo mystery "who dun it"
>them getting married wasn't enough we gotta give them a robot daughter
>see how in love these fuckers are they have a fucking kid already they are a goddamned family look at how in love they are
>the most based group of villians, a PK Guild in a game where if you die, you die for real, and giving them practically no screen time
>oh except for this one random dude who was psychotic and turned to murder because reasons they don't even really explain other than a mildly hurt ego
>annnndddddd we're going to end this 25 floors early because I'm tired of this idea already *yawn*
>now let me tell you a story about fairies

I want so bad to like this trash but they make it really hard for me to.

Best Klein also went off and established his own bro-tier guild of bros and doesn't get any fucking character development at all.
>>
>>134609103
The thing I hate the most about SAO is how much I love the character designs.
>>
>>134603659
everything is better than it though
>>
>>134603632
i like it just to piss you off so SAO 2 thumbs up
>>
>>134603632
A rich man. It's fun.
>>
>>134603632
SAO is a reasonably good 14-episode one-season anime
>>
File: 234684e.jpg (51 KB, 451x473) Image search: [Google]
234684e.jpg
51 KB, 451x473
>its a "sword art online is shit" thread
>>
>>134609809
Yeah, this. I give it benefit of the doubt and try to meet it halfway, but at the end of the day it ruins all of its good ideas.
>>
>>134606223
>so you don't have the urge to post anything similar like this on /a/ ever again.
You completely missed the point of that post by falling for such bait.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.